Hi all,

My PC specs:

7600k @ 4.8 GHz (stable).

GTX 1080 Ti.

16 GB RAM.

GTAV loaded on SSD.

2560x1440 monitor, 60 Hz.

GTA5 graphics settings:

Pretty much everything on high/highest except Grass and PostFX (both on high). All advanced graphics turned off.

Problem:

There's some stuttering in the grassy areas near freeway overpasses when I walk around w/ resolution set to my native 2560x1440. FPS is upwards of 100+ but fluctuates wildly and stuttering is pretty bad.

However, when I change the in-game resolution to double (5120x2880), I have a corresponding drop in FPS (down to the 60s-70s) but the game is smooth again.

I monitor my GPU/CPU usage in-game and it doesn't appear that my 7600k is bottle-necking my 1080 Ti. I'd prefer to play the game in my native resolution (2k) for the higher FPS, but the choppiness is unbearable. Thoughts?

Thank you!

MechanicMammal
  • MechanicMammal

Trick

• Members

Posted 3 weeks ago

you could try using vsync but this will lock your fps at 60 which it sounds like you do not want,

Or turn the grass quality to medium as the grass is the most performance zapping setting in the game.

ehufnagel88
  • ehufnagel88

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

Yes, I'd like to keep VSync off in order to maximize FPS.

The grass setting idea is usually a good one, but I'm still baffled by the stuttering happening at a lower resolution but not a higher one.

HaRdSTyLe_83
  • HaRdSTyLe_83

☆★RIP Open IV★☆

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 3 weeks ago

The grass setting idea is usually a good one, but I'm still baffled by the stuttering happening at a lower resolution but not a higher one.

if your montor only have 60Hz why do you want Fps to go higher? the benefits are just not noticible, the image wont be smoother

with that said, i have weaker hardware 6600k/gtx1080 and i have no stutter @1440p ultrawide

ehufnagel88
  • ehufnagel88

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

if your montor only have 60Hz why do you want Fps to go higher? the benefits are just not noticible, the image wont be smoother

I've heard that higher FPS, even when visually constrained by a typical 60 Hz monitor, reduces input lag.

Zeta87
  • Zeta87

Homie

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Zeta87, 2 weeks ago.

I've heard that higher FPS, even when visually constrained by a typical 60 Hz monitor, reduces input lag.

V-sync off and raw input reduce input lag. (Same goes for 500/1000 stable Hz on the mouse).

If you buy a high reflesh rate monitor you will reduce the lag even further.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users