SA OM0

98 replies to this topic
Fooking
  • Fooking

you fooking w0t m9?

• BUSTED!
  • Germany

Posted 11 July 2017 - 04:35 PM

Anyways, I can confirm what Nikolaj said from my personal experience. First of all, mission mixing is more likely to succeed on Mobile than on PC. I tried this when Lennart mentioned that Monster could be started during New Model Army, and that it might help in collecting it. While it didn't help in any way, it did show me that Mobile is more stable than PC (NMA + Monster obviously crashes on PC) Monster duping also doesn't crash on Mobile, even if you don't skip the cutscene.

On top of that, you can save during most missions and once you reload your save the mission will either fail, or you can continue with the mission. This might be handy if you want to obtain UT/UC vehicles, as Mobile has a rare bug that when failing a mission and selecting no to restart it, that the buttons will disappear. If that happens, you could just reload the game and try again. This does however not work for all missions, like Vertical Bird. Reloading the save causes the game to crash.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Feroci
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 11 July 2017 - 08:04 PM Edited by OrionSR, 11 July 2017 - 08:21 PM.

In reference to Fooking's comments regarding possible results:

I'll install SA Mobile now and record a test video for MCB and Ran Fa Li, 

I also showed Misappropriation just for fun.

Note that during the MCB exploit that the camera switches to a remote low-detail shot of Wang's Autos. Since the camera changes occur first in each routine, this is an indication that the full routine has been executed. In the case of Wang's Autos,,the mission strand is launched and the icon is removed and replaced. 

Below is a generic buy property routine. Not all routines include all parts, and the airstrip is a bit more complex, but the basic sequence is the same. Fooking's mobile results suggest that property duping might resume at any point in the sequence.  I also included other bits of the main routine that might provide clues to the order of operations.

:BUYPRO1
0871: switch_start $Property_Buying_Now

:BUYPRO1_Generic
015F: set_fixed_camera_position
0160: point_camera_at_point
0623: increment_int_stat (Property Budget)
004F: start_new_script
0164: remove_blip
02A7: add_sprite_blip_for_contact_point
018B: change_blip_display
09B4: set_closest_entry_exit_flag
0299: activate_garage
030C: player_made_progress
0006: [email protected] = 1 (flags dusplay of "Hotel suite purchased!")
0002: goto @BUYPRO1_4201

:BUYPRO1_4201
00BA: print_big ("Property bought!")
0394: play_mission_passed_tuneComments: 

If the jump table/switch start is executed twice would it buy the same property twice or is $Property_Buying_Now reset to 0 somewhere else so that the Wang Routine is executed?

$1653[$Buy_Index]32i:  It would be easy enough to tweak the global variables used to control the property budget to unique values. This might provide useful information as to the partial routine executed if you didn't want to mess with your blips.

In the case where duping doesn't crash but nothing appears to happen, not even double %: if execution resumed at the goto statement, would the property bought message be added to the brief twice? (A new thought, Ima check it out.), Nope. Print Big doesn't go to the brief.

I'm wondering why the music played twice during the MCB exploit.

Fooking
  • Fooking

you fooking w0t m9?

• BUSTED!
  • Germany

Posted 11 July 2017 - 09:02 PM

I could provide the test save before and after Bike School (no crash and no double percentage) if you still need it.

And I have no idea why the camera switches to Wang Cars when buying a property, this has also happened in another mission on Mobile, but I can't remember which one.

Nick007J
  • Nick007J

Mark Chump

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 11 July 2017 - 09:07 PM

I could provide the test save before and after Bike School (no crash and no double percentage) if you still need it.

And I have no idea why the camera switches to Wang Cars when buying a property, this has also happened in another mission on Mobile, but I can't remember which one.

Stuff like this is easy to check with logs by SCRLog. It is only available for PC though, as far as I know.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 11 July 2017 - 09:34 PM Edited by OrionSR, 11 July 2017 - 09:53 PM.

I ran some tests on PCv1 with a main.scm modified to provide ordinal progress (Buy_Index+1).

Saint Mark's Bistro isn't providing any additional progress. Whatever it's doing it isn't going to unlock anything useful so there's no point in figuring out how to legitimately escape from Liberty City and fix the issues with the mini-map and saving.

Cut Throat Business is providing true double percentage. As in twice the progress of whichever property is being purchased instead of progress from the purchase plus progress from the dupe. My thought is that the jump table/switch start is repeated without a reset of $Property_Buying_Now.

If you aren't getting double progress then nothing interesting was unlocked in the save. Mystery progress might be worth checking out.

The camera change is to be expected if the full routine is executed. I would expect that from Architectural Espionage and Courier Assets as well. I'm mostly pointing out the sequence of clues to help with observations. Have we found anything that splits the difference between camera, property budget, and/or blip? Maybe camera point but not camera position? Or add blip without removing the old, and how could you tell if they overlap?

And you don't need to answer these question directly. I'm documenting the process for myself as much as anyone else.

• rhans likes this

Fooking
  • Fooking

you fooking w0t m9?

• BUSTED!
  • Germany

Posted 11 July 2017 - 10:07 PM

For Architectural Espionage leaving the Camera pickup behind is the only thing I've tried, but I'm glad it works. All other parts of the mission has yellow blips.

Patrick1994
  • Patrick1994

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 July 2017 - 10:51 PM Edited by Patrick1994, 11 July 2017 - 11:12 PM.

Nick wrote an asi script for v1.0 so that "huge opcodes" (opcodes > 2699) act like in VC (just cause a 1-frame wait) instead of crashing the game.
Download and put it into your SA directory.

With its help, I got this scrlog of the CV unlock using MCB (each blank line stands for a 1-frame wait):
[all of those crazy commands are due to parameters being interpreted as opcodes]
Spoiler

Fooking
  • Fooking

you fooking w0t m9?

• BUSTED!
  • Germany

Posted 12 July 2017 - 10:23 AM Edited by Fooking, 12 July 2017 - 02:09 PM.

What I'm wondering is, what have they changed in the remastered version that it's no longer possible to hold phone calls?

And will the onmission tool work for the Remastered version as well?

Holy f*ck! I found a way to dupe clothes!!!

• Patrick1994 likes this

rhans
  • rhans

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 July 2017 - 04:49 AM Edited by rhans, 13 July 2017 - 04:49 AM.

What does it mean to dupe clothes? You can wear it twice, like something overlapping each other?

Also, Bender or some other PS2 user, can you buy a safehouse during Courier or some other mission without having the game crashing?

Fooking
  • Fooking

you fooking w0t m9?

• BUSTED!
  • Germany

Posted 13 July 2017 - 07:14 AM Edited by Fooking, 13 July 2017 - 08:16 AM.

Yes you can wear two clothes. I was able to wear the Africa Dog Pendant & Gold Cuban at once

I'm trying to wear shorts & pants at the moment, but it's quite hard and one f*ck-up makes the menu unusable (all clothing types are white and in a bigger font, the buy/wear text is blue, you can't scroll and you can't select anything other than the top item of any list.) this applies to SA globally, and only a restart will fix it.
  • rhans likes this

Bender ุ
  • Bender ุ

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 July 2017 - 11:57 AM

Ill check it rhans when i get back from vacations

• rhans likes this

Fooking
  • Fooking

you fooking w0t m9?

• BUSTED!
  • Germany

Posted 13 July 2017 - 01:02 PM

I DID IT! I MANAGED TO DUPE SOMETHING OTHER THAN THE CHAINS!!!

HVYYM39.png

• rhans likes this

Patrick1994
  • Patrick1994

Rat

• Members

Posted 16 July 2017 - 03:26 AM Edited by Patrick1994, 16 July 2017 - 04:15 AM.

Edit: The thing I talk about here gives you a bunch of Property blips. :D
t398RLN.png
I cannot place a dot on the map anymore and Blood Bowl did not add blips to the map either, seemingly. So since you cannot get rid of them (even if you hide property blips as you do this thing, they still block blip slots so no new ones can be added), I guess there is no use for most people on this forum.

Well, maybe you could cancel it quickly, so you have 100 blips that nobody cares about. That makes it faster to do the Rhans strat.
[Rhans strat: to temporarily spam the map with a bunch of temporary blips until reaching the limit, then dupe a mission that would normally add blips you cannot get rid off, then get rid off the temp blips]
Cancelling: You could try starting Vigilante again, or Pimping, etc.
].

Let's get to the point. ;)

Is there any hope of duping a mission plus the BMX/NRG Stunt mission and jump to a buypro1 routine that was loaded in the slack of the stunt mission? I'm not at all sure how this works but this seemed to be implied by previous statements.

@Orion
I have tested that using Nick's plugin that I dubbed "more_stable_tm". ^^ I have also copied the relevant mission code over from the remastered (Windows store) version to mine. The result is quite interesting:

I could cancel it by buying another property. ^^
  • blantas and rhans like this

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 16 July 2017 - 06:08 AM Edited by OrionSR, 16 July 2017 - 06:08 AM.

Oh, wow! So qualifiers for PC, and untested on remastered but... Isn't that a speed runner's dream exploit? 

Cancelling? So, it's running in a loop, doing it's property thing, and adding percentage each time until 100% is reached and exceeded.

Was this something you were working towards anyway or did my idle speculation actually contribute to the process?

hoXiu
  • hoXiu

While we wait for this politician, I will go for a swim

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 16 July 2017 - 08:11 AM

The thing is that, I don't think there's a way to get om0 vigilante on remastered, because you can't hold calls, so you can't just get a om0 call, hold it. get a police vehicle, start Vigilante and then just let go. 

Also Orion, Patrick copied mission code over from the remastered version and used a plugin made by Nick. On vanilla PC version this would crash.

Patrick1994
  • Patrick1994

Rat

• Members

Posted 16 July 2017 - 10:40 PM Edited by Patrick1994, 16 July 2017 - 10:40 PM.

Yes, we should ask a mod to move most posts. ^^ We could call the new thread the SA om0 thread or something, what do you think?
  • OrionSR and rhans like this

rhans
  • rhans

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:44 AM Edited by rhans, 17 July 2017 - 02:47 AM.

Be careful about something, reaching the max ammount of blips will make Interdiction mission impossible to complete, as well making T-Bone Mendez and Supply Lines a lot harder to complete (you wont know where to look for the targets you need to kill). By placing the Red Target before using this exploit you will assure to have Max Blips - 1, so you can remove it prior to those missions that I mentioned you might have problems when having that many blips (3 of the 4 target will still be invisible, but thats already some extra help).

Patrick1994
  • Patrick1994

Rat

• Members

Posted 17 July 2017 - 12:39 PM Edited by Patrick1994, 17 July 2017 - 12:46 PM.

Just get a bunch of blips in AYGTSF. ^^

However, there is a good chance that you can cancel the permapass before it adds too many blips. [1]

[1]
Blantas said that he got 100% (-> a bunch of blips) instantly, which I do not understand. In Lennart's video, it took 7s.
https://youtu.be/FZjg42xUiLU?t=70
7 should be enough to first destroy the NRG to fail the mission (with a grenade if necessary) and then start Burglary to cancel the permapass.

Rhans:

[10:06 PM] Lennart -: Rhans told me a while ago, there was a mthod to get early om0 for mobile
[10:07 PM] Lennart -: I dont remember it tho

In-game hundo needs you. :D Would be cool if you could get from "New Game" to 100% in a couple of minutes. Ryder (between the eating tutorial and - entering the restaurant?) also works, so does Wear Flowers In Your Hair (right after starting it).

Edit:
Also this (Powdinet's idea):

[7:48 PM] Patrick: @HalfOfAKebab do you know how to set up a gf call?
[7:49 PM] Patrick: and if you can get om0 on Vigilante with it.

That would be some way to get om0 at any time.
  • rhans likes this

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 17 July 2017 - 05:32 PM Edited by OrionSR, 17 July 2017 - 06:20 PM.

7 should be enough to first destroy the NRG to fail the mission (with a grenade if necessary) and then start Burglary to cancel the permapass.

That's a 300% health NRG; it might be tough to destroy quickly with weapons. But there is lots of water close at hand.

Added: How useful would players find a tool that could remove unwanted blips from a save?

Stray blips from missions has always been a minor problem. I suspect that historically the stray blips may have always been related to OM0 and phone calls, but the clues went unnoticed at the time. hmvartak built a tool designed to remove stray yellow blips, and might work on other blips, but modders generally report that the tool is no help for removing blips added by bad cleo scripts. It appears that hmvartak has lost his free host. So not even that tool is available anymore.

I've never been particularly concerned about extra blips from bad cleo scripts - that's a natural consequence of modding. Revert or start over.

And I am aware that from the perspective of elite players that extra blips are a natural consequence of OM0 and the goal is to strive for improved strategies to restrict the damage. But not everyone is so picky, or bothers to read the fine print, and as I read again and again about issues with extra blips I start to worry about an epidemic of issues with blips.

We've recently learned enough about the blip structure in the save to manage them properly, but it's a complex task to tease out the blips that should be present at any point on the mission tree. Anyway, I'm just trying to gauge the need at the moment. I don't have a viable plan for implementing anything. I could probably manage it in cleo but that's little help to the players that would need it.

• Patrick1994 likes this

Patrick1994
  • Patrick1994

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 July 2017 - 08:25 AM

300% health. ^^
Should be doable, though. You put a couple of bikes next to the NRG, and the van in safe distance. Then
Step 1) Start NRG.
Step 2) Explode a satchel to (a) blast yourself to the van and (b) cause the bikes to explode, which blows up the NRG, too.
Step 3) Start Burglary.

There is a delay from the satchel trigger to the NRG being wrecked, but it should be < 7 seconds. Which should also be enough time to start Burglary.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 21 July 2017 - 07:05 PM Edited by OrionSR, 21 July 2017 - 07:06 PM.

Awesome new topic, but is there any way to make Patrick the host of this topic without losing Fooking's opening discussion? 

Patrick, would you be willing to host the discussion?

rhans
  • rhans

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 July 2017 - 11:45 PM Edited by rhans, 25 July 2017 - 11:48 PM.

I was thinking, multiple Trucking instances + Monster will not be useful because it will skip Verdant Meadows, so you wont get the ability to purchase the Airstrip. If by some chance someone finds a mission that unlocks the Airstrip on PC (Ran Fa Li + safehouse unlocks Airstrip on remastered, I am not sure if this also works on PC), in a similar way as Mountain Cloud Boys + safehouse unlocks Wang Cars (on remastered only, unfortunately), would that make Trucking + Monster useful?

Patrick1994
  • Patrick1994

Rat

• Members

Posted 28 July 2017 - 10:58 PM

(Ran Fa Li + safehouse unlocks Airstrip on remastered, I am not sure if this also works on PC)

It does not unlock the school, just the garages and - whatever I don't care. ^^

Unlocking Flight School without Verdant Meadows would make mass-duping Trucking useful, yes. Atm, the way I would dupe Monster without losing the truck is to gain control in the tutorial cutscene using the Food menu and then simply enter it.

Orion, I don't think we need any hosting of discussion or anything. Maybe I will change my mind if you explain to me what "hosting" means, exactly, but I doubt it.
  • rhans likes this

RationalPsycho
  • RationalPsycho

Glitchtor Vance

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 July 2017 - 11:16 PM

Orion, I don't think we need any hosting of discussion or anything. Maybe I will change my mind if you explain to me what "hosting" means, exactly, but I doubt it.

Perhaps he means you should be the OP, explaining what OM0 is all about, how to get the game in this state, how to abuse it, and how NOT to corrupt your Save Files, with detailed explanations and everything, much like Lennart - did for LCS.

Anyway, something I mentioned in the Special Vehicle guide, I can't seem to change the OM state to 0 with side missions I haven't already completed. When I pass them though, I can get OM0 just fine. Is this normal? Does the Mission Attempts stat have anything to do with this?

Patrick1994
  • Patrick1994

Rat

• Members

Posted 29 July 2017 - 06:58 PM

Hm, no, I don't feel like putting in the work. Maybe later, but I doubt it.

Regarding mission attempts or anything - I do not see how anything could affect anything. You can always upload a video with input display of a failed attempt[1] and maybe I can make sense of it.

[1]
Input display: Record windowed (using Bandicam, for example), use this: SKeys input display

Patrick1994
  • Patrick1994

Rat

• Members

Posted 01 August 2017 - 12:13 AM Edited by Patrick1994, 01 August 2017 - 12:13 AM.

Fast Windows Store onmission 0 using Trucking/Quarry
Here, have this video:

There is quite a long delay between triggering a satchel that is next to a vehicle and getting a wanted level for it. This allows for remote failure: You trigger satchels near the truck(Trucking)/Dozer(Quarry)/Dumper/etc. If you time it right, you get a phone ring between the satchel explosion and the mission failure.

It depends on luck, though, if a cop is in 60m radius, you get a wanted level instantly -> no call.

Also, since according to Fooking you can cancel the races using Properties, that is a nice way to travel between cities. Just start a race that begins near your destination and buy a property. :D
However, it probably only works in mobile (tested by Fooking) and PC v1.0, but not in v1.01-3.x (both determined by just reading the script); I do not know about the Windows Store version.
  • rhans likes this

rhans
  • rhans

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 August 2017 - 12:51 AM Edited by rhans, 01 August 2017 - 12:53 AM.

Buying safehouses during races also works on PC. This used to be more complete on the safehouse column, but unfortunately I updated the results that were obtained on mobile on this list, which is a PC list, so I had to erase most of the column because I turned out they are not the same results, since I don`t remember most of what I had tested on it. Luckily Race Tournament working is one of the few results I could remember working on PC version:

https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

Patrick1994
  • Patrick1994

Rat

• Members

Posted 01 August 2017 - 01:58 PM

Rhans, these missions differ between v1.0 and the other PC versions (except for Windows Store, there most missions differ, due to checkpoints, for example). Small differences matter a lot, so I'd add two columns and lines for these - v1.0 and v1.01+.

Initial 1
Catalyst
The Green Sabre

Race Tournament / 8-track / Dirt Track

Jizzy

Air Raid

Customs Fast Track

Interdiction
Stowaway

Fender Ketchup

Shooting range
  • rhans likes this

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 02 August 2017 - 01:56 PM

I have also copied the relevant mission code over from the remastered (Windows store) version to mine. 

Okay, so Remastered == Windows Store. That answers one question. Sorry to be off-topic but I'm looking for Remastered saves to help me improve my save analysis tools. I don't need anything special. It just has to be a perfectly normal save so I can look for identifying tags.

blantas
  • blantas

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 August 2017 - 08:36 PM

I have also copied the relevant mission code over from the remastered (Windows store) version to mine. 

Okay, so Remastered == Windows Store. That answers one question. Sorry to be off-topic but I'm looking for Remastered saves to help me improve my save analysis tools. I don't need anything special. It just has to be a perfectly normal save so I can look for identifying tags.

I'm pretty sure saves for Windows Store version of GTASA are identical to mobile saves. I believe this because I use mobile saves from gtasnp all of the time to test stuff on Windows Store version.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users