Quantcast

» «
Photo

Do you think phones will be powerful enough for a GTA IV 10th Anniversary?

14 replies to this topic
Nutty Granny168
  • Nutty Granny168

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago

Next year what do you think Rockstar will do for the 10th Anniversary of GTA IV? Will they make a mobile port? Will phones be powerful enough? Or might they make a remaster for PS4, Xbox One and PC?

ProKiller93
  • ProKiller93

Space Marine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 3 weeks ago

vcs hasnt got one either

• Jeansowaty and Payne Killer like this

HigorSm
  • HigorSm

Player Hater

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 3 weeks ago

Bully was downgraded for mobile because it was too heavy for run on phones, i doubt GTA IV that has superior graphics, and is worse optimized than Bully will receive a mobile port.
  • Neon_Dreaming likes this

Pedinhuh
  • Pedinhuh

Rest in peace, Chester.

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 3 weeks ago

I hope for a real remaster on PS4 and not another sh*tty phone remake that is half finished and would lack features and musics.
  • lol232 and Neon_Dreaming like this

Tomasak
  • Tomasak

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Spam Commando 2017
    Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]

Posted 3 weeks ago

Bully was downgraded for mobile because it was too heavy for run on phones, i doubt GTA IV that has superior graphics, and is worse optimized than Bully will receive a mobile port.

how?

TheSadisticOwl
  • TheSadisticOwl

Unprofessional sniper.

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

They'll give it backwards compability to run it on XB1, but apart from that, I don't think they'll do anything else apart from discounts in the Rockstar Warehouse.

HigorSm
  • HigorSm

Player Hater

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by HigorSm, 3 weeks ago.

how?

No shadows

[Mobile]

Spoiler

[PC]

Spoiler

Lower resolution texture and more missing shadows.

[Mobile]

Spoiler

[PC]

Spoiler

The mobile version has the advantage(?) of having more colors, is much more saturated, but this ruin the atmosphere of the game imo

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Zello, 3 weeks ago.

The Controls are gonna be a problem even if phones could handle IV.
  • Cluckin' Bell likes this

HailHydra
  • HailHydra

Bank Robber, sometimes RnG

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 2 weeks ago

No way. Even if it can, you will be dizzy af playing a game compressed to small screen

Mastah
  • Mastah

Push it to the limit

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 2 weeks ago

They'll give it backwards compability to run it on XB1, but apart from that, I don't think they'll do anything else apart from discounts in the Rockstar Warehouse.

Welcome to February 9th, 2017:

http://www.rockstarg...able-on-Xbox-On

Good luck for those waiting for IV Remastered. You can all gather together with fans expecting V SP DLC and VCS Remastered. It's coming, fo sho.

The only thing I can sort of imagine being released is Liberty City for GTA Online, but that's not what you would like to see, isn't it?
  • Gunnalingus likes this

Tomasak
  • Tomasak

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Spam Commando 2017
    Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]

Posted 2 weeks ago

how?

No shadows
[Mobile]
Spoiler

[PC]
Spoiler

Lower resolution texture and more missing shadows.
[Mobile]
Spoiler

[PC]
Spoiler

The mobile version has the advantage(?) of having more colors, is much more saturated, but this ruin the atmosphere of the game imo
I c shadows on mobile version on pics u posted. But its different system caused by switching to different engine. Cant compare textures on tiny screen mobile i am right on, but they could be cause by low end device. Would like to c comparison with nvidia shield or newest iphone

ViceBoy69
  • ViceBoy69

Peon

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago

doubt we will see anything for its 10th anniversary Rockstar are too focused on V online to give a sh*t about GTA4, i personally think GTA as a whole has taken a turn for the worst just lately.

I tried Vonline last night just to have a nosey around, if thats what Rockstar thinks is the way forward they can keep it, what a pile of sh*t, just a load of no brain assholes running around blowing everything up, theres no fun in that

• Gunnalingus likes this

Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

Boy You Make Me Make Bad Decisions

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 2 weeks ago

I don't want an anniversary re-release tbh, it's awesome soundtrack will most likely be butchered just like all the others.

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Zello, 2 weeks ago.

I just want IV ported over to PS4 :(

Lucky XB1 owners I'm jealous
  • Mr_Rager and Good Hombre like this

Gunnalingus
  • Gunnalingus

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

Maybe. Smart devices today are more powerful than computers back in 2008. My current phone has better CPU and memory than the laptop I use currently.

Even so, I am not a fan of remasters,. Especially I would not enjoy some cheap mobile edition of GTAIV.  GTA on mobile is a rather uncomfortable experience. GTA is designed to be played at the comfort of your own home not while riding a taxi or on the beach or something.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users