Photo

Was Dimitri lying about Petrovic?

6 replies to this topic
Domand
  • Domand

Its Wanting That gets So Many Folks In Trouble

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Domand, 3 weeks ago.

In the game Faustin has Niko kill Lenny, Kenny Petrovics son. He believes he is a rat but no real evidence proves this about Lenny. Now later Dimitri tells Niko that Kenny wants Faustin dead for this and as long Niko is the one to kill him, Niko will be spared. After Faustin is killed Dimitri betrays Niko.

So if Dimitri is telling the truth Petrovic understood Niko was just a hired gun, so he had to pay for the killing of Lenny by killing Faustin who ordered the death of Petrovics son. Then with Faustin dead Dimitri took charge of the Russians and was able to contact Bulgarin as a new associate. Dimitri talked about Niko helping with Faustin, Bulgarin recognizes Niko being his enemy, Dimitri prefers a powerful friend like Bulgarin over Niko so he betrays Niko for Bulgarin. 

Then again Petrovics gang had presumably been very hostile with Faustin and his Russian Mafia. I would see that with Lenny being killed that Kenny would not care if Niko was a hired gun and so Kenny would want Niko and Faustin dead for sure, Dimitri too for being close to Faustin and being Faustins second in command. Petrovic would might as well just wipe out the remaining Faustin russians at this point. Now I don't know how Dimitri would stop Petrovic getting revenge, but he might of used the Lenny killing to create the story he told Niko so he would kill Faustin for him, and Dimitri would take over. As Dimitri saw Faustin becoming mad and Dimitri was always out for power and betrayed anyone to get it, so he figured Faustin was now insane and made up a story to get the deed done through Niko.

• theGTAking101 likes this

DOUGL4S1
  • DOUGL4S1

Soldier

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 3 weeks ago

I doubt Dimitri made up the war between Petrovic and Faustin, since Faustin himself commented about the war, unless Dimitri also managed to trick Faustin, which I think is unlikely, because of their kinda hatred towards each other. Dimitri probably just used this as an opportunity to get rid of Faustin over Bulgarin.

• Domand likes this

theGTAking101
  • theGTAking101

Get out of my sight, or I'll kill you.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 3 weeks ago

I really wish we could've seen the Petrovics in the game, considering they played a good part in the early stages of the story.

• confederatestatesgta, Payne Killer and Domand like this

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

I Do Want To Set The World On Fire!

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 3 weeks ago

I really wish we could've seen the Petrovics in the game, considering they played a good part in the early stages of the story.

Play Multiplayer and you'll see him :p

• lol232, Payne Killer and The Deadite like this

Pedinhuh
  • Pedinhuh

Rest in peace, Chester.

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 3 weeks ago

While Dimitri was a vile, treacherous snake, I doubt that he lied about it.

Also, Faustin was too insane already, if it wasn't for Nikolai putting him down, then who knows what would happen to everybody since he was deranged, he had die IMO.
  • Domand likes this

Cheatz_N_Trickz
  • Cheatz_N_Trickz

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Cheatz_N_Trickz, 2 weeks ago.

Well, Dimitri is at first really trying to convince Faustin that killing Lenny is a mistake. So if he'd actually managed to talk Faustin out of it it'd completely undermine his goal to take power.

My thinking is that Dimitri is genuinely against the murder (all of Dimitri's pleas to Faustin are genuine imo) knowing the heat it'd bring. Only later does he see it as the golden opportunity to take control that he was looking for all along.

As for calling off Petrovic, there's nothing solid that says Petrovic ever knew Niko was responsible for Lenny's death. Supposing that he did know, Dimitri would want Petrovic off Niko's case so he could kill Faustin. Otherwise, it could've just been a story Dimitri made up to manipulate Niko.
  • Domand likes this

SmokesWithCigs
  • SmokesWithCigs

recovering addict

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

i just did this mission a few days ago and i was thinking about this. clearly dimitri was lying and he use niko to get faustin out of the way.

• Domand likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users