***ATTENTION EVERYBODY, Do not use Photobucket to upload images***

89 replies to this topic
jrl51592
  • jrl51592

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

That sucks. I use to use them a lot back before I knew about imgur. I'll need to try to recover my account and see what photos I may have on my Photobucket account.

DerangedCrackhead
  • DerangedCrackhead

punk de molde

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

f*ck. I've just noticed they've taken down every picture I had posted in sites. Bunch of f*cks... I moved to photobucket when imageshack did the same thing at the time, except that they went one step further and took down all of the pictures I had uploaded, which is totally unacceptable for any serious company -must say that I got my pictures back after I complained, at least for enough time to move them out of there-. I do wonder though, does this really benefit them? I mean, do people really care enough to pay for this instead of moving their pictures to other free hosts?

Ah.. I guess it's time to move again. Do imgur allow private albums, with folders and stuff to keep everything organized?

Ai家妯b家
  • Ai家妯b家

Godfather

• BUSTED!
  • Nauru

Posted 2 weeks ago

Dose** imgur allow private albums, with folders and stuff to keep everything organized?

Yes

jrl51592
  • jrl51592

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

I don't really mind them charging for their service. What I do mind is the ridiculous price that you'll have to pay to use it. $400 a year is way too much for a service like this. The only way I would pay that much is if Photobucket either gave me a blowjob, turned my computer into a Jetpack for me to use for traveling, or was a coffee and ice cream dispenser. That right there is worth $400 a year to me.

This is nothing but blatant obvious greed and I hope their decision will hurt them greatly or just straight up forcing them to shutdown the site because no one gave them money. This was a dumb move on their part.
  • gtafan26 and Notcher like this

fashion
  • fashion

Glory to Mankind!

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

I wonder if there's anyone in the world that will actually pay for this service.
  • Darth Absentis likes this

PieFace2
  • PieFace2

Rat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago

Iv'e never liked Photobucket anyway, postimage.io is the best images hosting campany.

I wonder if there's anyone in the world that will actually pay for this service.

Of course some people will pay, there's lots of stupid mother f*ckers out there just eager to be ripped off.

• Piperka, gtafan26, ten-a-penny and 3 others like this

Coleco
  • Coleco

Shut up and dance you FOOLS

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 2 weeks ago

Of course some people will pay, there's lots of stupid mother f*ckers out there just eager to be ripped off.

Hmmm, where have I heard this sentiment before... oh yes, that's right - this is how most big publishers in the games industry think as well!

:D

• Mister Pink, livejoker, gtafan26 and 2 others like this

Matrelith
  • Matrelith

A dreamer of the day

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 2 weeks ago

Imgur is better anyways

Only if you don't want your pictures to be in higher quality .png format. 

• Android likes this

Argonaut
  • Argonaut

what did he mean by this

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Argonaut, 2 weeks ago.

If it hasn't already been posted, any issues with imgur and high quality images could probably be solved by looking through some of the sites over at r/imguralternatives (spotlight of the best: here).

The Deadite
  • The Deadite

YOU ARE SO SMALL ITS FUNNY TO ME

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Most Improved 2016
    Crew Poster Booby Prize 2016
    Most Unwanted Medal 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by The Deadite, 2 weeks ago.

IMO, Imgur has been on a decline with some recent changes that made it more difficult/annoying to use (Specially on mobile) hopefully they won't go down the same path as photobucket.

Which in all honesty has always been a sh*tty hosting to use and i'm glad it's finally dying.
  • Darth Absentis likes this

Rafae
  • Rafae

Boss

• GTAF Crew
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

IMO, Imgur has been on a decline with some recent changes that made it more difficult/annoying to use (Specially on mobile) hopefully they won't go down the same path as photobucket.

Which in all honesty has always been a sh*tty hosting to use and i'm glad it's finally dying.

Yeah not sure why they did that

I just go to Google now and type imgur and select upload images from the menu. So much easier.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Pink.Inc

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 2 weeks ago

Flickr is pretty good. Everyone gets a free 1TB. The only issue is posting on boards like this, you need to edit out some of the link code if you want only to post the image and not automatic link buried in your image back to your profile but that only takes a second. 

Plank.
  • Plank.

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

The only redeeming thing about Photobucket was pulling nudes from the "Recent" section, but no one uses it anymore aside from hosting product photos these days. Oh well, I guess we'll have to use one of the other thousands of image hosting sites.

Audi
  • Audi

ヤクザ

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

I haven't used photobucket in years (now use imgur for mobile uploads and random screens and flickr for proper photography). Sucks that the old pics I've posted from photobucket are no longer working though.

Ai家妯b家
  • Ai家妯b家

Godfather

• BUSTED!
  • Nauru

Posted 2 weeks ago

Is PB even offering any perks for those who pay the $400?

Such a free printing and such?

You'd think for that price that will mostly be made up of business that they would offer some kind of perks for businesses.

gtafan26
  • gtafan26

Burnt Spy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

I got about 4600 photos to DL over a couple of different PB accounts then I will be deleting them, no way in hell am I going to pay them $400 a year.  Not all that upset, PB has really gone to sh*t ( not that it already wasnt) over the last year and half or so, so F'em

Darth Absentis
  • Darth Absentis

RIP PS3 copy !

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 2 weeks ago

Jeez...what the hell is the deal lately with icons making corupted choises ?

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None
  • Best Poster [Gaming] 2016
    Best Poster [Gaming] 2015
    Best Poster [Gaming] 2014

Posted 2 weeks ago

What sorry ass lame jabroni motherf*cker uses this piece of sh*t site?

You would be better off hosting your images as printed off pictures and tape them to your ballsack, as more people will actually want to see them that way.

• Mister Pink, Evil empire, ten-a-penny and 5 others like this

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago

Photobucket is still a thing? LimeWire and Yahoo Chat still going?

B7R
  • B7R

Custom

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

Back in my day it was a choice between Imageshack (Which correct me if I'm wrong went to sh*t a long time ago) Tinypic & finally Photobucket. There's been some forums that I used to visit where members on there for some weird reason would just add a link to the Picture and you'd have to visit the image site to view the picture instead of seeing it on the forum (They supported pictures 100%). When ever I went on there most of the people at the time used Photobucket which was crap at loading and felt like a piece of junk even with Adblocker on. The site always felt 'clunky' and not very responsive. I have on the other hand found the likes of Postimage & Imgur very responsive and efficient to use when I upload pictures to the internet. 

Not to mention now with this coming in all of those pictures on the board will probably be dead and there's likely no chance of seeing them again if the OP no longer has pictures or is no longer active. I hope for my sake and others that Imgur doesn't go down the same path but you all know what happens to things that become great so it'll likely happen at some point and we'll have to jump ship off to another image hosting site and start again from square one. 

If there's a positive out of this at least for 3rd party pictures. It'll hopefully bring users from PB over to Imgur or another decent image hosting site. That way none of us will likely have to deal with PB's crap again in the long run. 

AlienTwo
  • AlienTwo

Infinite Diversity, Infinite Combinations

• Zaibatsu
  • Mars
  • Best Poster [Gen Chat] 2016
    Contribution Award [Snapmatic Competition]
    Golden Trump Award 2016
    Funniest Member 2015
    Best Poster [Gen Chat] 2015
    Helpfulness Award
    Best Poster [Gen Chat] 2014
    Second Best Alien

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by AlienTwo, 2 weeks ago.

All my pics are still fine

blaze
  • blaze

Big Homie

• The Yardies
  • Macau
  • Super Special Gold Star 2006
    Draw Contest Booby Prize 2016
    Campaign Poster Booby Prize 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 2 weeks ago

To be honest it's a f*cking shame as despite the clunky UI and weird website usage in general, Photobucket was one of the most reliable image hosts to the point I still have stuff from 05 uploaded on there. Strange they'd do something like that as they were never the biggest image host site in their heyday compared to others at the time like Imageshack nevermind in 2017.

If it hasn't already been posted, any issues with imgur and high quality images could probably be solved by looking through some of the sites over at r/imguralternatives (spotlight of the best: here).

yeah...like slimg? remember when you told me to use slimg? how great it is that its like imgur except you can upload high res stuff there? WHERE ARE MY IMAGES NOW ARGO

• Argonaut likes this

Argonaut
  • Argonaut

what did he mean by this

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago

To be honest it's a f*cking shame as despite the clunky UI and weird website usage in general, Photobucket was one of the most reliable image hosts to the point I still have stuff from 05 uploaded on there. Strange they'd do something like that as they were never the biggest image host site in their heyday compared to others at the time like Imageshack nevermind in 2017.

yeah...like slimg? remember when you told me to use slimg? how great it is that its like imgur except you can upload high res stuff there? WHERE ARE MY IMAGES NOW ARGO

shurrup that's why there's many alternatives so you get even more chances to upload your images thrice

I lost images too : (

jrl51592
  • jrl51592

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

I hope imgur doesn't end up like pb. Ever since I discovered imgur a few years ago, I never used any other photo sharing site again.

Richie Makyura
  • Richie Makyura

Most Wanted Criminal :v

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 2 weeks ago

What about imgbb?

SodaDog
  • SodaDog

~ Take two your heart ~

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago

http://gtaforums.com...ityhd-gta-cars/Oh no, look at some of the images on this topic!

They're all gone, unless I have to pay!

Ducky is King
  • Ducky is King

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

The issue here is A) the price structure B) no warning

While a company can do as it wants, look at the backlash created with T2's crap with modding...  100,000 people signed the petition, (or there abouts) PB has 100 million users,  theyre user base is up there with facebook.  

The backlash on this is going to be absolutely massive.  If PB survives this,  it will be a miracle.  

Now for those of you who seem to lack the full perspective:

PB has been around for 15 years,  millions of web forums, websites, blogs ect... spanning the entire world,  have been affected by this move and photos are not 'missing'

While this may not affect you at all because you live in a perfect world, consider this as an example:  your car breaks down, and you dont have the money to pay someone to fix it,  so you turn to google.  you find a forum with a thread with the same problem.  Complete with step by step instructions,  complete with pictures!  YAY!  the thread,  is 10 years old...  but because of PB now none of the pictures work... can you see where this is going?

Or how about bloggers,  and small time website operators that cant afford expensive hosting plans?  all their pictures are now broken.  Live auctions on ebay - pictures broken.  This change by photobucket is up there with FaceBook deciding to charge everyone $400 to use their FB acct.  

PB essentially broke the internet...  And unless they back peddle,  its over.

If it wasnt for the 4th of july in the USA,  I bet the lawsuits would have started, if they havent already.  People sue everyone for everything... its only a matter of time before a class action suit gets started.

Furthermore, there are continuing reports that people are being locked out of their pictures... some people have thousands of pictures on the site and cant access them unless they pay?  It may not be illegal, but you can bet your ass theyll be sued over it.

I myself have run into the issue of having problems downloading my own pictures,  where i go thruogh the captcha crap and nothing happens... how many thousands/millions are having the same problems?

Again, a business is free to do what it wants,  true...  but I dont think PB will survive after this unless they grandfather previously posted images.

• ten-a-penny likes this

Nem_Wan
  • Nem_Wan

The Artist Formerly Known As Magic_Al

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Nem_Wan, 2 weeks ago.

Photobucket got a new CEO last year and I don't think they're in it for the long haul. The vultures were circling and now they've landed. They know a $400 charge will cause a mass exodus and they hope for short term profit from a relatively small number of commercial users who can't afford to leave immediately. This is like Sears/Kmart being run by a real estate guy wanting to sell the land the stores are on rather than a retail guy who wants to save the stores.

I haven't uploaded anything to Photobucket since before GTAV came out, back when we were discussing the size and scale of the map, but hundreds of images I posted years ago are now broken links. I downloaded my album and initiated account deletion, so I hope my images on the forum turn into broken links instead of displaying a Photobucket ad.

Sure, it was a free service and I don't dispute that they can pull the plug on hosting my images but I do object to, with no warning, changing the content of what I embedded in a forum post. Show my image or no image. Don't replace my image with your ad.

• Mister Pink and Coleco like this

RARusk
  • RARusk

The Man With No Avatar

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 6 days ago

Since the few images I had on PB have gone to sh*t what are some good alternatives? I see Imgur listed but what are others to consider?

N R G
  • N R G

Team Marina Diamandis

• Members
  • Isle-of-Man

Posted 6 days ago

people still use that trash? imgur ftw

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users