***ATTENTION EVERYBODY, Do not use Photobucket to upload images***

89 replies to this topic
Notcher
  • Notcher

(formerly Imposssible)

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

Photobucket changed their terms of services and no longer allows third party hosting of images, unless you pay them $400 bucks a year. The crappy part about it, besides the fact it's wayyy over priced, is they are trying to extort people like us into paying. If you don't believe me, and you've used Photobucket in the past, have a look at any image you've posted on this or any other forum, and see for yourself. I'm sooooo piss'd about what they are doing, to the highest of pissstivity... 😡🔥🔥🔥
  • ten-a-penny, We Are Ninja, Darth Absentis and 4 others like this

Fozzie
  • Fozzie

Punk Rock Jock

• Van Society
  • Canada

Posted 3 weeks ago

Imgur is better anyways
  • Voit Turyv, 2281, ten-a-penny and 17 others like this

SoDank_ItPainsMe
  • SoDank_ItPainsMe

I found a use for the safe

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

"exort us"

you sound super entitled dude, just calm yourself and use one of the multitude of other image hosting sites like imgur or gyazo

• D-rock and ragedandcaged like this

Prince_Polaris
  • Prince_Polaris

Where did I park my Tornado?

• Members
  • United-States
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Prince_Polaris, 3 weeks ago.

I've always seen photobucket as the scum of the internet, I can never get direct links from there and any forum thread that's older than a month is gonna have that DAMN cat saying they're unavailable.  RIP the older pages of the appreciation threads...

Edit: maybe I should say "scum of image hosting" lol

• ten-a-penny, Notcher and SA's Most Wanted like this

ash-274
  • ash-274

Guru of the Gang Cars and Special items

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

If only GooglePhotos would allow us to have deep links...

• Notcher, Skeve613 and Night Machine like this

Starkoji
  • Starkoji

Stuck in virtual clouds, literally.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Starkoji, 3 weeks ago.

Imgur or Tinypic, problem solved. Imgur period.

• Notcher likes this

Notcher
  • Notcher

(formerly Imposssible)

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

"exort us"

you sound super entitled dude, just calm yourself and use one of the multitude of other image hosting sites like imgur or gyazo

Entitled? Try thinking about what you want to write before addressing anyone on this forum cool guy, your brain must be fried.

First off, if Photobucket gave people like us, who have been using the service for years, a heads up, the damage wouldn't be as bad. Imagine if imgur decides to do the same thing (which I'm hearing they might.) Also, how does one justify holding photos hostage, not just recreation images for a video game forum, but embedded images used for work projects, 3D modeling, etc... Learn how to listen, before you start criticizing people who have legitimate beefs with those who use unfair business practices.
  • Evil empire, gtafan26, ten-a-penny and 4 others like this

Sanches
  • Sanches

Rider boi

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

Still i use VK for images.

• Notcher likes this

J-Scott-D
  • J-Scott-D

J-Scott-D and Lezly-D On PSN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

Well, that isn't very sparkly.

There's going to be a lot of broken links across the the internet on my part. Guess I'll start over elsewhere.

Thanks for the heads-up. $400.00, lol.
  • Mister Pink, gtafan26, ten-a-penny and 3 others like this

D.B. Cooper
  • D.B. Cooper

Flow was like a roadside bomb

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 3 weeks ago

Imgur or Tinypic, problem solved.

Tinypic is horrible too, imgur is the best lightweight picture host by a country mile. Not so good for high res pictures though.

• gtafan26, ten-a-penny, Darth Absentis and 2 others like this

SoDank_ItPainsMe
  • SoDank_ItPainsMe

I found a use for the safe

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

"exort us"

Entitled? Try thinking about what you want to write before addressing anyone on this forum cool guy, your brain must be fried.

First off, if Photobucket gave people like us, who have been using the service for years, a heads up, the damage wouldn't be as bad. Imagine if imgur decides to do the same thing (which I'm hearing they might.) Also, how does one justify holding photos hostage, not just recreation images for a video game forum, but embedded images used for work projects, 3D modeling, etc... Learn how to listen, before you start criticizing people who have legitimate beefs with those who use unfair business practices.

How is withdrawing a free service unfair business practice?

If you used a free image host for things related to work or your business all I can say is I hope you make a better choice in future.

• ash-274 likes this

ash-274
  • ash-274

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

"exort us"

I don't and never used photobucket.  Are you saying that they are not allowing you to download your own images that you already uploaded?

• Notcher likes this

Starkoji
  • Starkoji

Stuck in virtual clouds, literally.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

Imgur or Tinypic, problem solved.

Tinypic is horrible too, imgur is the best lightweight picture host by a country mile. Not so good for high res pictures though.

Really? Suppose I should start using Imgur instead then.

• Notcher likes this

Notcher
  • Notcher

(formerly Imposssible)

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Notcher, 3 weeks ago.

If you used a free image host for things related to work or your business all I can say is I hope you make a better choice in future.

I knew you'd write some dumb s#*+, just to try and rationalize the previous dumb s#*+ you wrote... Look, this is the last time I'm going to address you, then you can criticize, analyze, or say whatever you want to your hearts content. I hope it makes your teeth whiter... I don't have a problem with Photobucket withdrawing a free service, I disagree with the manor in which the service was removed. I also disagree with charging 400 bucks for a service that has many "free" alternatives. If you had any reading comprehension skill whatsoever, you would already understand what I am writing. As far as assuming anything about my business practices, I'd politely tell you what you could do with that opinion, but that would insinuate me actually giving a f#^k about your opinion. That being written, take the sand out of your panties, stop hating on people just for the sake of arguing, and chill. I posted this to let folks know what Photobucket is currently doing, not to trade insults with someone who has a stick up their c**ch...
  • ten-a-penny and Darth Absentis like this

Coleco
  • Coleco

Shut up and dance you FOOLS

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 3 weeks ago

I'm switching fully to Imgur now. Been using Photobucket for just over 10 years and it's just been getting steadily worse over the last 18 months. All of my older posts on here will have broken links now that they've 'turned off' 3rd party image hosting, which is annoying. Still, at least there are alternatives.

I fully expect to be saying this same thing about Imgur in about five years :D

• Mister Pink, gtafan26, ten-a-penny and 3 others like this

Notcher
  • Notcher

(formerly Imposssible)

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

I don't and never used photobucket.  Are you saying that they are not allowing you to download your own images that you already uploaded?

The problem is, Photobucket has been used as a host for images for years, all over the internet, and users can no longer embed images. Every pic uploaded since the user's account was created, have disabled links, and website owners who depend on user embedded images, can't do anything about it if other members of the site have embedded photos from Photobucket. This includes embedding photos on this forum, eBay, Etsy, Craigslist, and every other site on the Internet that is not Photobucket.

feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

this sucks, because i have over 1000s pictures on photobucket and that will be a huge hassle to switch them to another image hosting station. 

• Notcher likes this

Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

Boy You Make Me Make Bad Decisions

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 3 weeks ago

I hope Imgur doesn't make the same mistake.
  • B7R, ten-a-penny, Notcher and 3 others like this

JuniorChubb
  • JuniorChubb

Aqualish Spy

• Van Society
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Certified Crew 2016 [Van Society]
    GTAF Time Trials Most Improved Driver 2016
    Best Event 2015 [Van Society Meetups]

Posted 3 weeks ago

I have a Photobucket account, it makes every browser slow to a snails pace (I am guessing due to the ads running)...

I just host images myself now, sooooo much easier and quicker.

• badmoon, ten-a-penny, feckyerlife and 1 other like this

Switch
  • Switch

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Iraq

Posted 3 weeks ago

People use Photobucket? :cool:

• El Diablo, Shaundi., ten-a-penny and 1 other like this

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

Used to use tinypic switched to Imgur and haven't looked back.

TankGirl
  • TankGirl

Follow me get a proxy for free

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by TankGirl, 3 weeks ago.

I have been using photobucket so I just want to apologize to the forum mods and everyone else in advance for any annoying broken links. I deleted my PB account and I have moved on to imgur. That PB site was shady as hell anyways with all the ads that looked like they would give my computer the kiss of death if I were to accidendtly click on one.

• gtafan26 and feckyerlife like this

SodaDog
  • SodaDog

~ Take two your heart ~

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago

Let's hope someone manages to save some of the decade-old images before they get removed!

• ten-a-penny likes this

ash-274
  • ash-274

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

The problem is, Photobucket has been used as a host for images for years, all over the internet, and users can no longer embed images. Every pic uploaded since the user's account was created, have disabled links, and website owners who depend on user embedded images, can't do anything about it if other members of the site have embedded photos from Photobucket. This includes embedding photos on this forum, eBay, Etsy, Craigslist, and every other site on the Internet that is not Photobucket.

So, you answer is "no".

Still and icepick to the sack in terms of hassle to pay or move.  Free is generally worth what you pay for it.

I have an old photo-hosting site that's been around for 16 years, and while it still looks like it was last updated when Win95 was new, it's still free... but I have a backup of everything already saved in two more places.

• Notcher likes this

TankGirl
  • TankGirl

Follow me get a proxy for free

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

Spoiler
you start criticizing people who have legitimate beefs with those who use unfair business practices.

Many people are angry that photobucket did this without any type of warning. It would have been nice to have seen something pop up upon logging in that stated "in 30 days from now all third party site usage will no longer be free and we will now be charging 399.99 dollars per year, you may lose access to your photos if you do not upgrade". Many people do not have access to their photos at all on the PB site and they are not allowed to gain access unless they pay to upgrade. Many already pay PB for their service and they too can not access photos and all their links are now broken. Also the fact that its 400 dollars or the highway is somewhat outrageous. Not everyone uses that site for their business and they should offer a cheaper option for casual users like myself for example, of course they do not have to but that is just bad business on their part.

I don't stress over stuff like this. I simply close my account and have moved on. I do feel bad for those who have lost 1,000's of photos without warning however that is a sad risk of using free host sites run by greedy corporate pr!cks. 

• gtafan26, B7R, ten-a-penny and 2 others like this

feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

Let's hope someone manages to save some of the decade-old images before they get removed!

I remember Sony Imagestation did exactley that, it was the reason why i moved all my pics to photobucket lol

DOUGL4S1
  • DOUGL4S1

Soldier

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 3 weeks ago

What's up with companies shooting themselves in the foot recently? Bethesda's paid mods, the whole T2 thing, Google getting fined for billions of dollars and now this.

• ten-a-penny, Darth Absentis and The Deadite like this

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

ROAD TO 100K Player Kills 20K TO GO!

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 3 weeks ago

i always host on dropbox
  • Forza Harrd likes this

CuteFaceJay
  • CuteFaceJay

Rat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago

LOOOOOL Photobucket is still around?

DieselFuelOnly
  • DieselFuelOnly

"What impertinence! I shall purge you at once!"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

Sounds like Photobucket is going down the same road as Imageshack, can't say I'm surprised or torn up over it though, they were always pretty janky to begin with. Between Imgur and PostImage.org I've never had any issues  :beerhat:

• SkylineGTRFreak likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users