Photo

Why not create an expansion?

15 replies to this topic
Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 3 weeks ago

This is something I have wanted for years and it really irritates me that it will probably never happen. But, considering how many re-releases this game has seen, and its huge impact on gaming as a whole, why have Rockstar never thought to add in more missions to the game?

As we know, there was a whole mission line with Darkel that was cut, and I have to imagine that if they added in something like that it would generate an awful lot of interest - along with new vehicles and weapons and things like that.

Considering how big DLC is nowadays, and the enduring popularity of Grand Theft Auto III, do you think this would be a good idea? Would it even be feasible?

gts.
  • gts.

Please do not walk on the grass

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

I don't think that will worth it, less because R* don't care about this game anymore. Considering the big fanbase that GTA V has and all of his DLC stuff a lot of people consider and will consider GTA3 like a step backwards against GTA V in various aspect as gameplay, physics, graphics, etc. So no, doesn't worth it in my opinion.

• Typhus, Tomasak and Inadequate like this

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 3 weeks ago

I don't think that will worth it, less because R* don't care about this game anymore. Considering the big fanbase that GTA V has and all of his DLC stuff a lot of people consider and will consider GTA3 like a step backwards against GTA V in various aspect as gameplay, physics, graphics, etc. So no, doesn't worth it in my opinion.

You know, I think you're right. But at the same time, I wonder how it would do financially. Adding in cut missions, a kind of Grand Theft Auto III: Director's Cut would certainly prove intriguing to fans of the series, and maybe gamers as a whole given the legacy of GTA III. But, as you say, those weaned on GTA V and Online most likely wouldn't care, and Rockstar are clearly chasing their money at the moment.

But it's certainly fun to dream. Especially if they added in the mission where you killed Donald Love. Considering how many games they've made with that engine, I can't imagine it would be too difficult to put in some new missions.

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 3 weeks ago

There is a DLC out already for III, it is called Liberty City Stories (LCS) and is available on the PSP, PS2, and PS3 and possibly PS4? as the PS4 has a Playstation store like the PS3. 

The ONLY games to date that have not gotton an DLC are: SA and V. III has LCS, VC has VCS, and IV has EFLC(which is 2 DLC's in one pack). 

• Crimie Marston likes this

gts.
  • gts.

Please do not walk on the grass

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

You know, I think you're right. But at the same time, I wonder how it would do financially. Adding in cut missions, a kind of Grand Theft Auto III: Director's Cut would certainly prove intriguing to fans of the series, and maybe gamers as a whole given the legacy of GTA III. But, as you say, those weaned on GTA V and Online most likely wouldn't care, and Rockstar are clearly chasing their money at the moment.

But it's certainly fun to dream. Especially if they added in the mission where you killed Donald Love. Considering how many games they've made with that engine, I can't imagine it would be too difficult to put in some new missions.

Yeah, it is fun to dream but sadly won't happen. R* is just focused on Online and money, even the Single Player mode from GTA V has been forgotten.

In my side I'd like to see some beta stuff from GTA3 in game, like the blue police vehicles.

Inadequate
  • Inadequate

Midnight Emulator

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 3 weeks ago

There is a DLC out already for III, it is called Liberty City Stories (LCS) and is available on the PSP, PS2, and PS3 and possibly PS4? as the PS4 has a Playstation store like the PS3. 

The ONLY games to date that have not gotton an DLC are: SA and V. III has LCS, VC has VCS, and IV has EFLC(which is 2 DLC's in one pack). 

lol what? IV has his own DLC's as you mentioned but LCS and VCS aren't DLC's. They was Sony PSP game exclusive titles (and after a time a PS2 game), nothing to do with a DLC.

• Tomasak and SmokesWithCigs like this

Evil empire
  • Evil empire

Homeboy

• Members
  • France

Posted 3 weeks ago

I like your ideas Typhus but unfortunately it seems very unlikely.

Helegad
  • Helegad

Completionist

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 2 weeks ago

Never ever ever ever ever ever ever gonna happen.

• DimitriFaustin likes this

Ron Horse
  • Ron Horse

What're you doin', givin' birth?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

I'd be all over it, but yeah, probably never going to happen with R*'s involvement.  Just have to add some mods OP.

Evil empire
  • Evil empire

Homeboy

• Members
  • France

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Evil empire, 2 weeks ago.

The best mean to expand GTA 3 is through mods.

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 2 weeks ago

I'd be all over it, but yeah, probably never going to happen with R*'s involvement.  Just have to add some mods OP.

Yeah, but that completely f*cks over everyone playing on a console.

lol232
  • lol232

Rise From the Ashes

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 2 weeks ago

GTA V actually got a sh*t ton of DLCs.
LCS and VCS aren't DLCs though, they're stand alones.
  • DimitriFaustin likes this

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 2 weeks ago

GTA V actually got a sh*t ton of DLCs.

What DLC's has V ever had?The ONLY ones i've seen are the GTA ONLINE DLC'S?  I have never seen any DLC for Single player of V. V and Online are 2  totally different games that are in the same city from what I've seen? As far as I know, V is single player whereas Online is V's MP?

And I consider LCS and VCS DLC's as those storylines actually lead up to the events of III and VC respectively-LCS' leads up to the events of III and VCS up to the events of VC. The only difference is those are Playstation exclusives and not an all platform one. 

lol232
  • lol232

Rise From the Ashes

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by lol232, 2 weeks ago.

DLC means downloadable content that is added to the base game, these are standalones. They don't require GTA III or VC to be ran, so they are standalone games. And Rockstar never called them DLCs.
TBoGT and TLaD are separately DLCs, but are also stand alones in EfLC. Easy.

And yes, GTA V--NOT ONLINE, did get DLCs--Beach Bum, Valentine's Day, Business Update, High Life Update, I'm Not a Hipster Update and so on.
  • thehambone likes this

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 2 weeks ago

And yes, GTA V--NOT ONLINE, did get DLCs--Beach Bum, Valentine's Day, Business Update, High Life Update, I'm Not a Hipster Update and so on.

Just curious, What's the differences-ie. What are the changes in each of those supposedly DLC's? Cause I tried searching the V section and haven't came up with any info on those-same when looking on the Rockstar Games website. The V section isn't set up as convenient and as detailed of pinned topics like the III, VC, and SA and IV sections lol :p

I have the Steam version, which updates automatically, so my game should be up to date and I just played V today and have noticed nothing different with any new or changed characters, any new missions, any new vehicles, any new weapons, etc.? And as I remember with the IV DLC's there were obvious changes-ie. characters, new missions, new vehicles, new songs/radiostations, new weapons, etc. Just curious on the supposedly DLC's for V?

Mr. Jago
  • Mr. Jago

wosh u face

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

If you want an official answer, Vice City was that expansion, as said in this article:

Set the scene for me: it’s 2001 and you’ve just reinvented the open-world action genre with Grand Theft Auto 3. You sit down for your first pre-production meeting on Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. What comes out of that meeting? What did GTA:VC look like when it was just an initial idea on a piece of paper?

We did not really sit down with the intention of making a sequel. After we released GTA3 we spent a few months working on the PC version and then started thinking about things we could put in a mission pack, such as new weapons, vehicles and cool missions, basically anything we had wanted to put into GTA3 but had not been able to do. We realized that there was too much stuff for a mission pack and that it should probably be its own game. We were all on quite a high from finishing GTA3 and I think we all wanted to see where we could take the concept, so the core of the game started falling into place quite quickly.

III's PC port even has some leftovers, including code for functional aircraft (which was modded back in), a dummy hierarchy for bikes, tests for skeletal animation, and animations/code for a first person mode. Whether this was all tests for Vice City or still meant for III at that point isn't exactly known, but it's interesting to think about. :)

• stef_92, Tomasak, Inadequate and 5 others like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users