• anthony

Nobody cares, nobody f*cking cares.

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 July 2017 - 03:48 PM

Spider-Man 2 & 3(ps2)
GTA 4, GTA Vice City & GTA San Andreas
Counter Strike 1.6 & source
Enter the Matrix & Matrix Path of Neo (ps2)
Red Dead Redemption

Actlikeyouknow
  • Actlikeyouknow

One ugly motherf*cker

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 July 2017 - 05:00 PM

5) Driver: San Francisco

SI_Wii_DriverSanFrancisco.jpg

The only racing game I know of that you can play as an actual ghost. No seriously. The main mechanic of the game is called "Shifting", where you can posses any car on the road with just the press of a button, so you could be driving down the golden gate bridge, and then shift into a Dodge Charger involved in a high speed chase through down san Francisco just as my favorite song on the radio comes on, these are the moments that gives the game this spot on my top 5.

4) Metro: Last Light

metrolastlight_scene_04.jpg

This game was a f*cking trip. I love this game's universe and characters to bits. This game, while being a bit railroady (train puns lol) and linear, it makes up for it by being one of the most memorable gaming experiences out there. From taking down enemies with the dark one child, to watching a theater in a town made from the remaining bits of a train stations, and the final stand at D6. This game is a f*cking masterpiece.

3) GTA IV

4311-gta-iv-artwork.jpg

I love GTA IV to bits. Niko's journey through the troubles of being an immigrant in Liberty City was a fun one, and there hasn't been one like it since. This game was the only open world that struck the right balance between realism and fun. The cars felt like they had weight, firefights felt intense and gripping, and the characters where extremely well written. I just hope GTA VI can strike the same chord.

2) Halo 1-3

halo_3_conceptart_pd9NM.jpg

Halo: CE took the FPS genre by storm, and there has been no denying the change it brought to the industry since it's release. These games are the pinnacle of FPS singleplayer, and also nailed their multiplayer while they were at it. I would pay anything to get bungie back on these games. 343's just don't feel the same.

1) Mass Effect 1-3

248376.jpg

My favorite of all time. Nothing has, and probably never will come close to these games in terms of story, characters, and universe. I started out in ME1 being mildy interested in the games, and finished with it being my NO.1 of all time. No other game has nailed it's universe the way the OT trilogy has. From the Suicide Mission, to curing the Genophage, reclaiming Rannoch, romancing Tali, and the final run to the beam, this game is something NOBODY  should ever miss. Let it be known that Mass Effect 3 is the only game to make me cry ever. Period.

• Mister Pink, AnotherDave, Algonquin Assassin and 2 others like this

JF Prodigy
  • JF Prodigy

(눈_눈)

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 July 2017 - 07:15 AM

Saints Row 2

Sonic Heroes

GTA IV

GTA V + Online

Midnight Club LA: CE

• Algonquin Assassin likes this

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Soldier

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 02 August 2017 - 10:01 PM Edited by Journey_95, 05 August 2017 - 11:23 PM.

For me:

1. Mass Effect Trilogy easily: For me its all one big game with the best cast in gaming (so many memorable characters like Garrus, Wrex, Thane, Tali, Mordin etc.) and an epic well executed story with a lot of choices & consequences (people wanted them to matter even more but what Bioware achieved here is already pretty great, there is no other game series like this).

2. GTA IV: I mean I always loved GTA and had a lot of fun with VC and SA but IV completely blew me away. I never expected such a great story and characters from GTA, it just feels real and grounded. The darker atmosphere fitted the series perfectly. Liberty City is also the best open world setting ever, its crazy how it feels more alive than the cities in Mafia 3, WD2 and even GTA V.

3. The Witcher 2 or 3: Can't decide since both are amazing in their own way. TW2 has a much better story with more gray & compelling characters but TW3's atmosphere and well written quests can't be beaten.

4. The Last of Us: ND completely went out of their comfort zone for this and delivered. Joel and Ellie's relationship is so well done, both have great character development and the the last third or so especially is just great (that ending). Its way better than TWD (show and games) and my favourite apocalypse story in gaming (and movies too probably).

5. Assassin's Creed Ezio Trilogy:  I usually hate Ubisoft games but they did a great job with the Ezio Trilogy. Ezio is really one of gaming's best protagonists, his development from naive womanizer to an experienced mature Master Assassin is amazing. Following him throughout his life really made this trilogy special.

Overall not very unique picks considering this thread, seems many have at least one of these games in their favourites.

Other great games that I love:

Dragon Age: Origins

Spec Ops the Line 

TWAU 

Mafia 1+2

Max Payne series

RDR

Batman Arkham Series

Fallout NV

• Mister Pink, Algonquin Assassin, Tycek and 1 other like this

PoeticWhisper
  • PoeticWhisper

Owner of Up-n-Atom Diner, Paleto Bay

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • None

Posted 02 August 2017 - 11:52 PM

1. The Witcher 3
2. Life is Strange
3. Red Dead Redemption
4. Fallout: New Vegas
5. The last of Us

• Mister Pink likes this

Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

prettier n nastier

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 03 August 2017 - 04:20 AM

1. Goldeneye
2. GTA IV
3. GTA SA
4. Paper Mario
5. Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal
  • Mister Pink, Algonquin Assassin, Journey_95 and 1 other like this

SabreGT
  • SabreGT

And the winner by knockout is...!

• BUSTED!
  • England

Posted 03 August 2017 - 07:53 AM Edited by SabreGT7, 03 August 2017 - 08:02 AM.

1.Grand Theft Auto IV + EFLC

2.Bully 

3.Grand Theft Auto III 

I don't really have a top 5 tbh because outside of those three I have maybe like 10 games in my head which you could make an argument could be in the top 5.

• Mister Pink, Algonquin Assassin, Journey_95 and 1 other like this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

In my sights

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 03 August 2017 - 11:38 AM

2. GTA IV
3. GTA SA

giphy.gif

I knew my work would pay off.

• Mister Pink, Journey_95, Femme Fatale and 3 others like this

Kiffster
  • Kiffster

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 05 August 2017 - 08:42 PM

1. Skyrim - just the ultimate rpg really. Pretty sure there are still quite a few places I've never been to and tasks I've never completed.

2. Half-Life 2 (+episodes) - still after all these years the best shooter I've ever played. And the overall atmosphere is still one of the best in any game.

3. Portal 2 - Absolute masterpiece! Love the first game as well but 2 is where it's at. Incredible experience and one of the only games I think deserves a perfect score of 100.

4. GTA IV/V - Can never decide between the two. IV did certain things better than V and vice versa. Gameplay wise though they're pretty much equal for me.

Now this is where it gets tricky because I can never pick a definite top 5. Hate these questions really. Can sit here for hours trying to choose between the Mass Effects, Dragon Ages, NOLFs, Fallouts, Splinter Cells and whatnot, so I'll just pick Sonic and leave it at that
  • Actlikeyouknow likes this

Richard Power Colt
  • Richard Power Colt

What doth LIFE Life life?

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 August 2017 - 11:18 PM Edited by Richard Power Colt, 05 August 2017 - 11:21 PM.

I'm not really good at picking favorites, but I'll list a couple that I have very fond memories of in no particular order:

1. Red Dead Redemption, actually spent most of my time with this game in multiplayer. I just had a ton of good times f*cking around in free mode in this game with friends when I was younger. The singleplayer was great too, but thinking about the multiplayer really brings me nostalgia for my middle school/early high school days.

2. Okami, I actually played this for the first time on the PS3 with the HD version. I just remember being really captivated by its story and aesthetic. The hack and slash gameplay was also pretty fun tho I do think they could have made it more difficult. I actually don't think I ever died even once during my playthrough.

3. Shadow of the Colossus, had this game on the PS2 as a kid and I also got the PS3 HD version and played it through a couple of times. It's just a damn beautiful game with a minimalistic, but really effectively told story. And I don't think I've yet seen any other game match the sheer epicness of fighting the colossi in that game. Can't wait for the PS4 remake.

4. Dishonored, not sure if I really loved this game quite as much as some of the others listed, but I think the general design philosophy of the immersive sim which this game introduced me to is something I adore. And DH is definitely a great game on its own, I played it through several times back on the PS3. Really loved playing around with all the magic powers and all the interesting lore that the game established. Arkane might be my favorite studio right now as they also did a really good job with Dishonored 2 and this year's Prey(could be my GOTY). 

5. Witcher 3, I was really baffled how this game just kept on giving. It felt like it never really outstayed its welcome at all despite being so f*cking huge. I think it just largely came down to how even some of the smallest side quests in that game had interesting little stories to tell. One of the few open-world games these days where it doesn't feel like you're just doing the same sh*t over and over. Can't wait for Cyberpunk 2077, an open-world RPG in that kind of setting is gonna be really damn interesting.

I might come back to edit this post with some more games I really enjoyed.

• Fireman likes this

mombo2811
  • mombo2811

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 August 2017 - 02:50 AM

1) Mafia II - Vito... ENOUGH SAID!
2) GTA Series (I love all of them but if I had to choose I would probably go with GTA 5 or San Andreas)
3) Max Payne Series - dark story great characters and story, I love this game! Too bad they aren't making that many types of story heavy games any more anymore
1) Mafia II - Vito... ENOUGH SAID!
2) GTA Series (I love all of them but if I had to choose I would probably go with GTA 5 or San Andreas)
3) Max Payne Series - dark story great characters and story, I love this game! Too bad they aren't making that many types of story heavy games any more anymore

TheOneLibertonian
  • TheOneLibertonian

The Butcher of Blaviken

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 06 August 2017 - 04:34 AM

I'm not the type of guy to pick favorites, but if I were to choose just 5 games amongst my gaming collection then it'll be...

1. Grand Theft Auto IV - Just an incredible experience from start to finish. It ticks all the boxes that a GTA game should have, added with a more down to earth world and a brilliant story to boot. 

2. The Witcher III: Wild Hunt - Admittedly that I never read any of the novels or played the first 2 games, but this was the game that got me hooked to the series. Like GTA IV, it was an absolute joy to playthrough and it had one of the most brilliant and morally conflicting stories ever told within the fantasy genre. Also CDPR's approach to marketing and the DLC's is THE business model that game publishers should follow. It shows that the developers aren't just passionate about their games, but also for their player base.

3 & 4. Forza Motorsport 4 & Gran Turismo 4 - Ironically both are the fourth installments of the popular racing series for their respective consoles. Both games were the highs for the series, and seems to went downhill from there. GT4 was brilliant for it's excitement and it's variety between cars and tracks. FM4 was brilliant for the same reasons, but approaches it with a more modern appeal. The games after them in their respective series were great, but it is when it started to get stale for the series. GT5 and GT6 were good, but follow the same formula GT4 did. Forza 5 was a launch title so it lacked features, and the DLC was baffling, and Forza 6 was a definite improvement, and a great damn game but "Stories of Motorsport" was lacking, and the Drivatar AI was more of an annoyance than a blessing. 

5. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End - Just replayed it recently. Not only it is the most gorgeous looking and cinematic looking game ever, but it also did something to represent that games are a form of art. The gameplay remains smooth and responsive like most ND games, but it is the setpieces and the story that pushes the game further as a definitive artistic experience. The action while more sparse than Uncharted 3, it does make the story flow better overall and it had action that matches the intensity of Mad Max: Fury Road. The characters are more relateable than ever before in the series. The chemistry between Nate and Sam is just as good as Niko and Roman from GTA IV, and had a bittersweet ending to end the series on a high note. 

• Algonquin Assassin likes this

Tacymist
  • Tacymist

Threadbare tapestry unwinding slow

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Doggo-Chop Winner 2016
    Most GIFted Member
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 06 August 2017 - 05:54 AM

1. Super Mario Kart
  2. Mario Kart 64
  3. Halo CE
  4. Road Rash
  5. Deep Sea Hunter

lethalqueen
  • lethalqueen

Personne

• Members
  • France

Posted 10 August 2017 - 09:02 AM

1. Call of Duty (not all but a lot).

giphy.gif

2. GTA : Liberty City / GTA V

Grand-Theft-Auto-V-54934.gif

3. Telltale Games (mostly The Walking Dead)

fd155121299bfc1ed091929b6a61b49a.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users