Erase one game from your memory..

53 replies to this topic
Candy_Licker
  • Candy_Licker

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 July 2017 - 07:09 PM

2 clear cut choices: GTA Vice City and Witcher 3.

agree with Ertan/thatstupidbug, VC was just magic. Still remeber it like yesterday when I first got it running. Hadn't played GTA III (only the top down GTA's) before so it was sth completely new to me. But it had to be a time travel to 2003, since playing Vice City in 2017 for the first time wouldn't be...magic at all.

San Andreas was majestic too but I was expecting a superior experience, and the atmosphere wasn't as good as VC (although it was superior in gameplay)

And Witcher... yeah it was a unforgettable journey. I sensed I should try to play this as slow as possible, since I knew there wouldn't be anything as good in quite a while. Matter of fact, I dreaded end of the game because I knew I would feel empty afterwards. I didn't touch B&W for half a year because of it.

Honourable mention to Chrono Trigger and a few others I can't remember right now.

• Mister Pink likes this

PoeticWhisper
  • PoeticWhisper

Owner of Up-n-Atom Diner, Paleto Bay

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • None

Posted 03 July 2017 - 10:50 PM

The Witcher 3
Red Dead Redemption
The Last of Us

And last but not least, Life is Strange. So it can murder my soul again.

• Kirsty likes this

Corndawg93
  • Corndawg93

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 03 July 2017 - 11:07 PM

Erase so I can experience the game for the 1st time again:
The Last of Us
The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt
Spec Ops The Line

Game I want to erase from my memory because it was garbage
Inversion
  • Davo the Assassin likes this

Davo the Assassin
  • Davo the Assassin

Andolini Mafia Family - Blood is thicker than Water

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 04 July 2017 - 07:14 AM

The number of people saying Witcher 3 is making me excited at the fact I just picked the GOTY version up!
  • Mister Pink and PoeticWhisper like this

PoeticWhisper
  • PoeticWhisper

• None

Posted 04 July 2017 - 01:37 PM

The number of people saying Witcher 3 is making me excited at the fact I just picked the GOTY version up!

Be excited. It's a masterpiece and it's DLC are both basically full games on their own. 

Edward Nashton
  • Edward Nashton

A Traveler of Both Time and Space.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 July 2017 - 01:44 PM Edited by Edward Nashton, 04 July 2017 - 01:46 PM.

Be excited. It's a masterpiece and it's DLC are both basically full games on their own. 

I don't know why but it's really difficult for me to get into this game, maybe it's because I didn't play the previous two. Is there a certain threshold I have to cross until it clicks? I can never seem to get past the part where I'm searching for a king's wife and daughter before I get distracted by some other game. This has happened like three times already.

• Mister Pink likes this

Nico
  • Nico

We were all equal in the end.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 04 July 2017 - 02:05 PM

I wish I could go back to the very first days of me playing VC in a cibercafe. Those were the days. Will never forget the first time I beat the game, me and my brother were both astonished by Lance's betrayal.

In fact, I would like to go back to that era (2004) for many reasons.

Minus school, of course. F*ck my classmates.

• Sunrise Driver and DimitriFaustin like this

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-Kingdom
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner
    Best Ledby 2016
    Most Helpful 2016
    Quotable Notable Post of the Year 2016 ["sup"]
    Best Crew 2016 [The Daily Globe]
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2016
    Draw Contest Grand Prize 2016
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Helpfulness Award

Posted 04 July 2017 - 06:39 PM

Undertale, definitely. First game to have any impact whatsoever with its writing, and I only played it less than a year ago - made me a lot more interested in the short "experience" side of video games, blowing away all those other games with dozens+ of hours of game-time in just 8 hours.

Would love to experience that again.

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud
  • DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

here is wondering how long a member title actually could be

• BUSTED!
  • Belgium

Posted 04 July 2017 - 09:12 PM

That is gonna be mgs3 in my case i think

PoeticWhisper
  • PoeticWhisper

• None

Posted 05 July 2017 - 12:23 AM

I don't know why but it's really difficult for me to get into this game, maybe it's because I didn't play the previous two. Is there a certain threshold I have to cross until it clicks? I can never seem to get past the part where I'm searching for a king's wife and daughter before I get distracted by some other game. This has happened like three times already.

It really just depends what you're into I guess. I never played Witcher 2 or 1 before I played 3 and still really loved it. I went back and played through The Witcher 2 though, but never felt like it's a story I needed to know. Just something to further the characters I love. 

In terms of a threshold, I'm not sure, cause like I said, everyone is different. For me the game really started to click right around the time when you're helping the Baron (The quest you're referring to.) It's a really emotional and interesting questline. Once i seen how well they blend the supernatural, sappy and extreme fantasy into 1 beautiful interwoven tale, which they do well in that questline, I was hooked. And the hook never let go until the very end. The characters and the world they inhabit are so interesting to me. It's such a dark fantasy, and it has so much incredible history and depth, such careful attention to detail that I couldn't help but try and look at everything. These things are important to me. Add on an amazing main questline, beautifully blended sidequests which don't feel patronizing, and a soundtrack of epic proportions it no doubt adds up to probably my favorite game of all time.  

• Mister Pink and Edward Nashton like this

Edward Nashton
  • Edward Nashton

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 July 2017 - 03:48 AM Edited by Edward Nashton, 05 July 2017 - 03:59 AM.

^ Yeah, I'm really going to try to stay with it this time, it sounds like it has everything I like in a video game. I think it's been hard for me to stay with it because I've become so acclimated to Skyrim, that when I play another fantasy game, my brain goes "Wait, this isn't Skyrim. Put Skyrim back on." I think this is partly the reason why I didn't like Dragon Age: Inquisition... partly the reason.

Back on topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim would be another game I'd like to erase from my memory and re-experience.

• Mister Pink likes this

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-Kingdom
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner
    Best Ledby 2016
    Most Helpful 2016
    Quotable Notable Post of the Year 2016 ["sup"]
    Best Crew 2016 [The Daily Globe]
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2016
    Draw Contest Grand Prize 2016
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Helpfulness Award

Posted 05 July 2017 - 09:56 PM

Undertale, definitely. First game to have any impact whatsoever with its writing, and I only played it less than a year ago - made me a lot more interested in the short "experience" side of video games, blowing away all those other games with dozens+ of hours of game-time in just 8 hours.

Would love to experience that again.

Just finished playing One Shot and that actually recreated the experience fairly well, which was...a rather nice feeling.

Nero
  • Nero

custom grenade pin

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 05 July 2017 - 11:38 PM

Red Dead Redemption most definitely. Every character felt fleshed out and real, as if you could see they had lived. The landscape was gorgeous, both towns and foliage. The story was compelling, helped by the moral ambiguity and the measures people went through to achieve or fail their American dream shaped the world around you.

Near perfect game, can't praise it enough. Was happy playing through it and sad ending it.

• Neon_Dreaming likes this

Wu-Tang Forever
  • Wu-Tang Forever

Since I'm not popular, I'll post on a video game forum

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2017 - 12:07 PM

One that comes to mind is Saints Row The Third. While I kinda enjoyed it at first, I wound up hating the game so much that I literally made a YT comment claiming that it was the most disappointing thing since The Phantom Menace. I was very much a member of the "They ruined the series with their godawful "wacky" new direction" camp. But over the next couple years I chilled the hell out, and decided to give it another try, and was shocked to find myself having a blast. It's now a game I really like - in fact, when I want to play Saints Row, I'll just play this game and SR IV, as I enjoy them way more than the first two. But that's not a slam against those games, it's just the fact that I played them so damn much back in the day that they're just so stale to me these days. But I'd like to erase the experience of my first playthrough so I could approach the game without expectations and that SR2 obsession and take it on its own merits the first time.

On that note, I guess you could add Saints Row 2. It's a really good game with a ton of content, but like I said, I sunk so many hours into this thing that it's practically unplayable for me these days. It just feels so stale and blah, because I've beat it to damn death. I'd love to erase all that and be able to play the game without that "god I've played this thing a million times, why aren't I playing something else?" feeling.

Similarly, there's GTA V, but that's a double-edged sword. On one hand, I absolutely loved my first playthrough, it was one of the highlights of my 2013 (which was a sh*t year for me personally, but honestly, after 2016, 2013 doesn't seem that bad at all) and I have lots of nostalgia for it. But on the other hand, the flaws started to present themselves, and I wound up disliking the game quite a bit due to various reasons (namely that it's a step down from IV in a lot of ways, and the story and tone have some glaring flaws). I've come to appreciate the game for what it is a lot more over time, but at the same time, that baggage does kind of weigh things down. And I played it so much that, while it's nowhere near as stale-feeling as SR2, it isn't quite as exciting for me. So on one hand, I'd love to just erase all that baggage and go into it with a open mind (and the knowledge that "Hey, you won't like this as much as GTA IV, they removed lots of little features, and you're gonna have some problems with the story and tone. Other than that, enjoy!"), taking the game on its own merits. But on the other, I had a great time at the midnight release and loved my first playthrough, and my first time playing the game, my jaw was on the floor. So I've definitely got some nostalgia for that whole experience. Sorry if this sounds cheesy, but the whole thing just had "that thing, that magic" about it. So I dunno.

As for the "I want to experience it for the first time again"... Life is Strange, Mother 3 and The Last of Us. Three incredible games, in their own ways, with some of my favorite and most moving stories in any genre. I'd love to go through those and hit those emotional beats for the first time all over again.

• Algonquin Assassin, HaythamKenway and Neon_Dreaming like this

SabreGT
  • SabreGT

And the winner by knockout is...!

• BUSTED!
  • England

Posted 09 July 2017 - 06:57 PM Edited by SabreGT7, 09 July 2017 - 06:58 PM.

GRAND THEFT AUTO III 

• Sunrise Driver likes this

DimitriFaustin
  • DimitriFaustin

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 July 2017 - 11:14 AM

For me, it'd probably be Namco Museum 50th Anniversary.

Being a huge fan of the arcade games Namco made from the late 70s to the early 90s (and a huge fan of arcade games in general), I'd want to go back to 2005-2007 when I played

that game A LOT. All those games on that compilation were just plain masterpieces and I'd pay top money to revisit my youth back then and rediscover that magical feeling.

Honourable mention would be the Midway Arcade Treasures compilations just as an excuse to play Rampage, Smash TV, NARC and Total Carnage.

Those were the good ol' days.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

XMD5A

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 10 July 2017 - 01:24 PM Edited by Mister Pink, 10 July 2017 - 01:30 PM.

I think so. I mean there are some games that may take a couple of tries and some hours before they "click" with you. Happened me with Watch Dogs.  The Baron's story is actually one of the best stories within a story I've ever played. I haven't finished The Witcher 3, I'm just taking an extended break. But if you get a chance and you want to have a good gaming experience, I do suggest, getting a chance when you've no other commitments and spend an afternoon/day playing through that part, a good long gaming session. Oftentimes if you are just playing for an hour or two it doesn't allow you to break in to a game. Also, if you've given up and then return to somewhere in the middle of a story such as the baron's quests as you described often the strength of the story is weakened - a bit like leaving a TV series on episode 3 and not returning to it for months. 

I've also went back to Skyrim as it's one of my favourite games. I played it for about 150hrs since I started The Witcher 3. There is a crossover and little hump, where you need to shake off the Skyrim spectacles and put on The Witcher glasses and realize it's much different and great in it's own way but it's greatly rewarding as people say. 

And with that I would erase San Andreas and all current knowledge of gaming to experience San Andreas as I did in 2004. Skyrim too. 

• Edward Nashton likes this

Edward Nashton
  • Edward Nashton

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 July 2017 - 07:56 PM

...I do suggest, getting a chance when you've no other commitments and spend an afternoon/day playing through that part, a good long gaming session. Oftentimes if you are just playing for an hour or two it doesn't allow you to break in to a game...

I think you hit the nail on the head there, I have't had the chance to take an entire day to play video games for a while now. That's why I keep falling back on stuff I'm already familiar with or games that are easy to pick up. Hey, there ain't jack coming out during summer, so I'm sure I'll finish it up by the end of the year.

• Mister Pink likes this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

XMD5A

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 10 July 2017 - 08:57 PM

...I do suggest, getting a chance when you've no other commitments and spend an afternoon/day playing through that part, a good long gaming session. Oftentimes if you are just playing for an hour or two it doesn't allow you to break in to a game...

I think you hit the nail on the head there, I have't had the chance to take an entire day to play video games for a while now. That's why I keep falling back on stuff I'm already familiar with or games that are easy to pick up. Hey, there ain't jack coming out during summer, so I'm sure I'll finish it up by the end of the year.

Nice one. Yeah I was the same for a long time but recently had some time off. The only times I got to play was when I was after work and tired so it was hard to concentrate. Best of luck with it anyway. :)

• Edward Nashton likes this

Candy_Licker
  • Candy_Licker

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 July 2017 - 07:18 AM

One that comes to mind is Saints Row The Third. While I kinda enjoyed it at first, I wound up hating the game so much that I literally made a YT comment claiming that it was the most disappointing thing since The Phantom Menace. I was very much a member of the "They ruined the series with their godawful "wacky" new direction" camp. But over the next couple years I chilled the hell out, and decided to give it another try, and was shocked to find myself having a blast. It's now a game I really like - in fact, when I want to play Saints Row, I'll just play this game and SR IV, as I enjoy them way more than the first two. But that's not a slam against those games, it's just the fact that I played them so damn much back in the day that they're just so stale to me these days. But I'd like to erase the experience of my first playthrough so I could approach the game without expectations and that SR2 obsession and take it on its own merits the first time.

As for the "I want to experience it for the first time again"... Life is Strange, Mother 3 and The Last of Us. Three incredible games, in their own ways, with some of my favorite and most moving stories in any genre. I'd love to go through those and hit those emotional beats for the first time all over again.

Well, I'm playing SR III and Life Is Strange for the first time at the moment. :lol: Picked them up for 7.50 € combined at the Steam Sale.

• Wu-Tang Forever likes this

Matrelith
  • Matrelith

Inveniam viam aut faciam

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 11 July 2017 - 12:02 PM Edited by Matrelith, 11 July 2017 - 12:02 PM.

Honestly? None of them. Sure there were games which had a phenomenal storyline that was the most magical the first time I played it, but it's the small, personal stuff that made it truly great. Watching my custom made Shepard in all these major sci-fi setpieces, making it through an infected area armed with only four revolver bullets as Joel, shooting a Fiend and watch his body fly away in a funny way just outside of New Vegas, the list goes on.

It's all these small parts that made playing the game unique. If I erased my memory, I could replay the game again and have a wonderful experience no doubt, but chances are the small, non scripted events won't occur again the way they did before. And honestly, I wouldn't want to forget those moments, as in the end it's these personal moments that are the most memorable to me. 

• DarkSavageDeathlyCloud likes this

Carbonox
  • Carbonox

Too weird to live but much too rare to die

• Daily Globe
  • Finland

Posted 13 July 2017 - 11:58 PM Edited by Carbonox, 14 July 2017 - 12:05 AM.

I'd love to experience the story of San Andreas and GTA IV again while blind - IV in particular due to all the hype around it that I loved - but only on the condition that I get my original memories back afterwards.

And outside of storylines, there's always that magical Vice City atmosphere that was at its best the first time.  :inlove:

• Algonquin Assassin likes this

Niobium
  • Niobium

england is my city

• Members
  • Canada
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 14 July 2017 - 03:47 PM

grand theft auto v because i don't want the memory of playing such a sh*tty game stuck in my head lmao.

Tigereyesxx
  • Tigereyesxx

Hand of Friendship or Fist of Enmity?.....

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 August 2017 - 08:26 PM

Maxpayne 3 ,the online mode, absolutely amazing battles, and the replay of deaths will stay with me forever...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users