New Member Here...Some Questions before I purchase PC Version

5 replies to this topic
GeneralDee
  • GeneralDee

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 June 2017 - 02:23 AM

Hello all. I been a GTA fan since version 3. But I usually play on Playstation and Xbox. I always wanted a PC version and with the summer sale going on at Steam (Only $30) I want to take advantage of it. But I have 2 concerns.

1. I always wanted the PC version because of modding. I just read about the issue with Take 2 just as I was looking at the Steam page. I also read that Open IV is back up. Can anyone confirm that the smoke is cleared for modding? Modding is the number 1 reason I play PC games and I even have some models I made for another game to try out for GTA V. But if modding does not have a secure future, I won't waste my time and just stick to the console version and save some hard drive space...which brings me to my next question.

2. I see that 65 gigs is minimum for hard drive space. I have an SSD drive that is now at 71gigs left as of this post. Can I install the game on another hard drive away from the C drive if I use Steam?

Thanks in advance.

Yorpie
  • Yorpie

I fought the law and the law lost.

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 June 2017 - 02:54 AM

1. Well, OpenIV is indeed back up. It would be dumb for them to allow it again only to disallow it once more a few days later, so don't worry about it. Besides, even without their approval we'd still mod the game.

2. Yes, i'm sure that's possible. I also changed the install directory of my Steam games from my SSD to my other hard drive.

AiŽaŠobŽa
  • AiŽaŠobŽa

Godfather

• BUSTED!
  • Nauru

Posted 29 June 2017 - 10:45 PM

2. I see that 65 gigs is minimum for hard drive space. I have an SSD drive that is now at 71gigs left as of this post. Can I install the game on another hard drive away from the C drive if I use Steam?

Thanks in advance.

Yes it's possible, On my ROG Laptop i have a C: & D: Drive all of my games are installed on my D: and i haven't had any issues.

In fact i made a seperate folder on my D: to where i installed all of my games to make them easier to find in case i need to go to their directory for some reason

GeneralDee
  • GeneralDee

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 June 2017 - 01:08 AM

Thanks! Looks like I will be joining the PC GTA world this weekend. :)

NL_Bumblebee
  • NL_Bumblebee

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 30 June 2017 - 05:56 PM

my gta 5 folder is 70,5 gb

ACM-Jan
  • ACM-Jan

Usually helpful, BUT very defensive upon disrespect

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 30 June 2017 - 08:48 PM Edited by ACM-Jan, 30 June 2017 - 08:48 PM.

huge updates will push it even further, better be ready to have atleast 80GB free space

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users