The Lone Wolf's Guide to Making Money and Research

146 replies to this topic
sudon't
  • sudon't

Non-Playable Character

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 October 2017 - 10:46 AM

Is it possible to sell 4 cars at once when playing on your own?

Obviously you can only drive one at a time, but can you leave the others and come back to them?

Really, you shouldn’t sell more than one car at a time. Vehicle Warehouse is the one thing in this multi-player game you can easily do solo, so it’s better to use the 32 Car Method. Sell one high-end car, and by the time you source it back, it’s almost time to sell again. Do this all day, and you’ll make some dough. If you already have some bank, you can just do it once per day to replenish anything spent griefing, or work it into your grinding routine.

For those not familiar w/ the 32 Car Method, it is simply this: fill your Vehicle Warehouse with thirty-two cars, no more, no less. Sell off any duplicates, so that you have thirty-two unique vehicles. Then, sell one high-end car. When you source the next car, it will be the same high-end car you just sold. Lather, rinse, repeat...

SeberHusky
  • SeberHusky

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 November 2017 - 04:15 AM

Ive been away from the game for 10 months. I never played in public lobbies because its always die die die killed by people. The last money making routine I had was looping potshot over and over. I have no idea how to make enough money in a solo invite only lobby.  Any ideas?  Friend told me he got to rank 105 just by replaying races over and over, but when they only pay $1,000 solo and 500-1000 RP that is a lot of boring grinding.   Any ideas?

McGhee
  • McGhee

Jerk Asshole Guy

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 November 2017 - 04:27 AM

Ive been away from the game for 10 months. I never played in public lobbies because its always die die die killed by people. The last money making routine I had was looping potshot over and over. I have no idea how to make enough money in a solo invite only lobby.  Any ideas?  Friend told me he got to rank 105 just by replaying races over and over, but when they only pay $1,000 solo and 500-1000 RP that is a lot of boring grinding.   Any ideas?

I’ve made loads of cash by doing contact missions solo and selling Sentinel XS’es and Sandking XL’s. I’m having fun grinding so far, now at rank 178. It can be boring at times, but still beats dealing with asshats of all kinds.

SeberHusky
  • SeberHusky

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 November 2017 - 05:06 AM

I’ve made loads of cash by doing contact missions solo and selling Sentinel XS’es and Sandking XL’s. I’m having fun grinding so far, now at rank 178. It can be boring at times, but still beats dealing with asshats of all kinds.

Oh I don't mind grinding, it's just I need to learn some new tricks since everything costs so damn much now

Hécate-II
  • Hécate-II

Homie

• Members
  • France

Posted 01 November 2017 - 08:09 AM Edited by Hécate-II, 01 November 2017 - 08:13 AM.

You will get much more by playing VIP jobs in invite-only session...

-Open Interaction menu, go in SecuroServ, Register as VIP, various missions can played solo. 

The base payout for Headhunter may be $20.500/2000 RP. You can do it in 5 min with a random car, or get an aircraft.

Furthermore, wait like 5 min(cooldown), and start Sightseer, its a job of courrier, its really better to grab a NPC helicoptere, like Frogger or Maverick that spawn at the Marina. Similar payout, quiet job.

(not my video)

SeberHusky
  • SeberHusky

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 November 2017 - 08:41 PM

You will get much more by playing VIP jobs in invite-only session...

-Open Interaction menu, go in SecuroServ, Register as VIP, various missions can played solo. 

The base payout for Headhunter may be $20.500/2000 RP. You can do it in 5 min with a random car, or get an aircraft.

Furthermore, wait like 5 min(cooldown), and start Sightseer, its a job of courrier, its really better to grab a NPC helicoptere, like Frogger or Maverick that spawn at the Marina. Similar payout, quiet job.

(not my video)

You have to buy that big apartment/skyscraper with the 30 car garage to unlock those options though right?

Hécate-II
  • Hécate-II

Homie

• Members
  • France

Posted 01 November 2017 - 08:42 PM

You have to buy that big apartment/skyscraper with the 30 car garage to unlock those options though right?

no no...just play the missions. Don't buy anything. 

McGhee
  • McGhee

Jerk Asshole Guy

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 November 2017 - 03:25 AM

He either needs an office or fork out a million to register as CEO. getting 22500 per so many cooldowns won’t make much profit that way. I grind missions, preferably fast ones, like Chopper Tail and spam it in a playlist. It takes 5 to 6 minutes to solo it and netts you 13360 per run. It ‘s effortless grinding netting $133600 per hour including a pee break. Boring after some time, but fortunately I can grind like an autistic.

Hécate-II
  • Hécate-II

Homie

• Members
  • France

Posted 02 November 2017 - 06:27 AM Edited by Hécate-II, 02 November 2017 - 06:30 AM.

He either needs an office or fork out a million to register as CEO. getting 22500 per so many cooldowns won’t make much profit that way.

nah...R* changed the VIP status requirement since Gunrunning release, now you only need $50.000 instead 1Mio in your bank account. So any beginner can register as VIP and play VIP jobs, run Gunrunning/Smuggler missions.

I like contact missions, really, but recently I created a list with my fav ones, typically the high level ones, and solo you only make like 10-13k per mission. 

The base payout is low for contact missions, its more efforts than VIP jobs. Despite thats fundamentally the same jobs(like Trash Talk, Diamonds are for Trevor, Rooftop Rumble, Defender...etc). 

What I do: I play Headhunter, and right after I start Trash Talk from my office, so I start the mission from there, I ask a Buzzard...

• KWF1981 likes this

McGhee
  • McGhee

Jerk Asshole Guy

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 November 2017 - 12:46 PM Edited by McGhee, 02 November 2017 - 12:47 PM.

I m using an upgraded Vigilante for contact missions these days. The Buzzard hasnt left the helipad in a while. Trash Talk still gives a nice enough payout for the time spent, like Chopper Tail does. I also dont have to max income in as little time possible. Its okay to run a mission for a minute longer. Main thing is, Im generating a very decent income, without having to play in pubic lobbies. When I have to enter a pubic one for resupplies or deliveries, which I seldomly do, I set my MTU very low for a few minutes and then jump back to Invite/Friends only again. Bit of a hassle, but avoids a lot more hassle.

4ward
  • 4ward

Come close

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 November 2017 - 03:19 PM Edited by 4ward, 02 November 2017 - 03:20 PM.

Supply based businesses do charge $9400 each every 24 mins, right?

IceDree
  • IceDree

Concierge Of Crime 💀

• Members
  • Saudi-Arabia

Posted 05 November 2017 - 06:00 AM

McGhee
  • McGhee

Jerk Asshole Guy

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 November 2017 - 06:06 PM

I get 4700 each 48 mins if I register as CEO. I buy supplies, have them manufacture weapons and as soon as they start, I unregister and go to a closed friends session. Staff keeps working, no charge seen when I’m not registered. Dunno if I missed a few messages.

Last time I bought supplies for 75K and didn’t make a profit at all. Sales value was 75K too. Doing contact missions and selling sandkings is more profitable. I make 100K for about an hour of fun with my Vigilante.

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful GTA Topic 2017 [The Lone Wolf's Guide to Making Money and Research]

Posted 04 December 2017 - 12:25 PM

I get 4700 each 48 mins if I register as CEO. I buy supplies, have them manufacture weapons and as soon as they start, I unregister and go to a closed friends session. Staff keeps working, no charge seen when I’m not registered. Dunno if I missed a few messages.
Last time I bought supplies for 75K and didn’t make a profit at all. Sales value was 75K too. Doing contact missions and selling sandkings is more profitable. I make 100K for about an hour of fun with my Vigilante.

If your bunker is fully upgraded, you should gross 210k from a full supply bar, netting you £135k if you bought supplies. Given you can do other stuff to earn money while it fills up, and the mission typically only takes 10 minutes, there's no reason not to do it.

MikeMyth
  • MikeMyth

I'm lost at sea, don't bother me.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 December 2017 - 05:14 AM

Why do I get charged $9000 in utilities daily, if all I'm doing is my Cocaine Lockup atm?

Rafae
  • Rafae

OG

• GTAF Crew
  • None

Posted 18 December 2017 - 06:23 AM

Why do I get charged $9000 in utilities daily, if all I'm doing is my Cocaine Lockup atm?

That's the daily fee for the coke business

MikeMyth
  • MikeMyth

I'm lost at sea, don't bother me.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 December 2017 - 08:25 AM

That's the daily fee for the coke business
Ah, so it's different per business then, thanks.

The First Hunter
  • The First Hunter

Praise The Moon

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

Is the Chumash bunker any good for sell missions?
  • Jimbatron likes this

AboveAndBeyoncé
  • AboveAndBeyoncé

Yonce Fan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by AboveAndBeyoncé, 3 weeks ago.

Thanks for this guide Jimba I put it to use on my second account who 3-4 days ago had a level 28 character and since I started grinding heavy and incorporating this guide, I've made $7.5 million (minus 1 mill for office and 1.5 mill for I/E Warehouse) and I made it to level 71 I plan to grind 500k more tommorow so I can buy a bunker to apply to my grind. :)

P.S. Mods.... Pin this! Such a useful thread!
  • Jimbatron likes this

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful GTA Topic 2017 [The Lone Wolf's Guide to Making Money and Research]

Posted 2 weeks ago

Firstly, thanks to anyone who voted for this for "Most Helpful GTA Topic 2017". Was really flattered it won and very glad it appears to have helped people. Bang, have that microtransactions!

I have updated the OP to include the possibility that you may want to do the new Doomsday Heist Preps (which can be done as a Lone Wolf / Solo) whilst you are waiting for your heist buddies to come online. There is also a link to a calculator so you can work out what your effective payout per 60/20/5 min is for each heist:

https://drive.google...Sbk1oeWRNqLsfns

Based on some benchmark times, for many players swapping in a Heist Prep looks unlikely to rival Headhunter - but maybe that will change as we all get more practice at them. There is also a definite appeal if you know your friends will only be online at the same time for a limited period of clearing the Preps before they arrive, so you have a better chance of completing the Setups and Preps when you are all together.

• AboveAndBeyoncé, Hécate-II and _P136_ like this

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago

Is the Chumash bunker any good for sell missions?

Sorry for late reply. I think it's OK. It's close enough to Los Santos where the majority of the sale missions are - some towards the East may end up taking you a bit longer. I picked Smoke Tree Road as it is close to the freeway and the airfield.

I think the one to avoid at all costs is Paleto Bay as it is so far from all the sale points.

MaxBazooka01
  • MaxBazooka01

GTA's Resident Tryhard and Squeaker Killer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Paleto Bay isn't too bad if you buy supplies I've made about 5 mil from it and I've only failed a sale twice. I bought it when I had very little money to spare.

And a quick question, if I were to switch bunkers what would happen to my upgrades, would they transfer to the next bunker or would they act as part of the trade-in price?

• Jimbatron likes this

FukNRekd
  • FukNRekd

Rekd Em

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Paleto Bay isn't too bad if you buy supplies I've made about 5 mil from it and I've only failed a sale twice. I bought it when I had very little money to spare.

And a quick question, if I were to switch bunkers what would happen to my upgrades, would they transfer to the next bunker or would they act as part of the trade-in price?

Upgrades are lost, don't know if they are in the 50% refund. I will prolly be moving from zancudo to farmhouse.
  • Jimbatron likes this

MaxBazooka01
  • MaxBazooka01

GTA's Resident Tryhard and Squeaker Killer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Welp, I'm certainly not moving bunkers. 

Luigi22
  • Luigi22

The Grinder

• Members
  • Aland

Posted A week ago

Could we finally get this pinned, so useful for new players and players without crew/friends playing. There are even less useful ones pinned for Online 2018.

• Hécate-II likes this

FukNRekd
  • FukNRekd

Rekd Em

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 days ago

R.E. fast tracking research; why does it seem like everyone is pushing to fast track research to unlock everything? Most people probably won't use all 50+ upgrades so why not just unlock the ones you want?

Also, regarding the heists as a good way to make money... every one I've done ended up taking close to or over an hour to complete. I get way more money running guns and cars. It's just not worth the time and frustration invested. If they cannot be done in 20 minutes it makes no sense to me to waste my time there. What am I missing?

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 days ago Edited by Jimbatron, 2 days ago.

R.E. fast tracking research; why does it seem like everyone is pushing to fast track research to unlock everything? Most people probably won't use all 50+ upgrades so why not just unlock the ones you want?

Also, regarding the heists as a good way to make money... every one I've done ended up taking close to or over an hour to complete. I get way more money running guns and cars. It's just not worth the time and frustration invested. If they cannot be done in 20 minutes it makes no sense to me to waste my time there. What am I missing?

Pac Std should net you 400k in about an hour if you know how to do it well - all setups and the finale included. You won't beat that with freemode activities - especially when you can have your bunker filling up whilst you do the heist. It still looks like the best money in the game to me, more so than the DD Heists where the extra preps required are a time drain.

The downside with Pac Std? You need three friends available who are good at it to do it in a time where you get that kind of $ per hour return. This guide is designed for making money when your buddies aren't online.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users