The Lone Wolf's Guide to Making Money and Research

132 replies to this topic
Jamwes
  • Jamwes

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 July 2017 - 05:48 PM

It's 84k sometimes (126k out of county) as well as 112k (168k out of county). It varies really.

For me it's 168k far, every time without fail - that's with starting both bars fully empty, ordering supplies, and waiting two hours.

I have a suspicion that switching sessions might results in loss of progress though - perhaps that's the issue. If so that's going to be chunky as it's produced in half hour blocks - unlike gunrunning every 7 minutes.
My thought on the coke glitch is that it uses a small amount of supplies to bring it back to "zero" when fully empty. When I buy supplies when I sell it usually only makes 1.5 bars. But, if I let it use some of the supplies still in it (usually 2.5 bars of supplies are left when selling full product) I'll get the full 2 bars production. I just let it use some of that .5 bar in my travel time after the sale back to the coke lockup to buy more.

I need to update my thinking. Today I noticed my first set of supplies did get me the full 2 bars, but the second set of supplies only got me 1.5 bars. I'd bet there is a weird timing issue with how supplies are used and when the game registers effort towards completing production. It probably only shows up because a half bar is noticeable and a half hour is a heck of a long time. Probably why bunker is only 7 minutes and not an hour.

Ever notice when you enter your bunker the supplies bar looks weird, like it's glowing from supplies being added? There always seems to be a bit more supplies in the bar than expected when I enter the bunker for the first time in a session. For example, it's full when there should be a little bit missing or there is a little bit when it should be empty. I'd be willing to bet this is evidence of a fix to prevent the coke glitch from happening to the bunker. They probably give a small amount of supplies to your bunker whenever you enter a new session.
  • Jimbatron likes this

JOHNNY GTA WATSON
  • JOHNNY GTA WATSON

SUPERMAN LOVER

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 July 2017 - 12:53 PM

And now this will get patched surely?
  • Jimbatron likes this

Hécate-II
  • Hécate-II

Homeboy

• Members
  • France

Posted 28 July 2017 - 01:09 PM

In some weeks, I already made 6Mio from glitched supplies, the problem its you cannot play actively meanwhile, its very deep AFK money method, when you're at work or if you plan to leave the game for 2 hours.
  • Jimbatron likes this

derek0514
  • derek0514

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 July 2017 - 05:45 PM

Since my research complete on 100 Pct production. I usually sell in LS $210 k worth ($75k purch supplies) but only if optimal session (easier find late at night) bc never know what delivery vehicle get hosed with. Also do AE. Will not do GR if hosed w multiple delivery vehicles. I am lone wolf.

Otherwise PP in fairly low pop session, playlist stuff.
  • Jimbatron likes this

P4DR0N3
  • P4DR0N3

12 o'clock flasher

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 August 2017 - 08:57 PM

Bump
  • Jimbatron likes this

IceDree
  • IceDree

Concierge Of Crime 💀

• Members
  • Saudi-Arabia

Posted 07 August 2017 - 05:25 AM

Since my research complete on 100 Pct production. I usually sell in LS $210 k worth ($75k purch supplies) but only if optimal session (easier find late at night) bc never know what delivery vehicle get hosed with.

I'm doing the same thing.
  • Jimbatron likes this

P4DR0N3
  • P4DR0N3

12 o'clock flasher

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 August 2017 - 07:15 PM

Can we please get this thread pinned. Second request for this.
  • Lamborghini1335 likes this

DrRumpleSweatyForeSkin
  • DrRumpleSweatyForeSkin

Jet Lover & Freemode Terrorist Since 2013

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 10 August 2017 - 01:14 AM

(gta) life is good if you are able to deliver 4 high end vehicles with peeps everytime as your income.

Weej1888
  • Weej1888

Player Hater

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 22 August 2017 - 07:04 PM

Is it possible to sell 4 cars at once when playing on your own?

Obviously you can only drive one at a time, but can you leave the others and come back to them?

I've done multiple runs on my own before with crate selling.

IceDree
  • IceDree

Concierge Of Crime 💀

• Members
  • Saudi-Arabia

Posted 22 August 2017 - 07:57 PM

Is it possible to sell 4 cars at once when playing on your own?

Negative.
  • Weej1888 likes this

SKZ11_
  • SKZ11_

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 September 2017 - 08:39 PM Edited by SKZ11_, 05 September 2017 - 08:58 AM.

Class thread, but was wondering whats the best methods without a bunker/office etc apart from heists. Trying to save up 2 million for a office and a car warehouse, on about 900k but 2 mill will take forever. Waiting for the 2x event hoping it comes soon.
  • Jimbatron likes this

Nacho Z
  • Nacho Z

Boss

• Members
  • England

Posted 04 September 2017 - 10:32 PM

Good guide.

I'd recommend doing your daily objectives, all I do to make money is to keep up the DOs for the half a mil bonus and sell a blue or yellow Sentinel. I don't bother playing the game properly and just doing that gives me enough cash to get everything I want.

Not the most efficient way to make money but it's easy and it works.
  • Jimbatron likes this

CaptainMarvel
  • CaptainMarvel

MSpaintophiliac

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 September 2017 - 11:40 PM Edited by CaptainMarvel, 04 September 2017 - 11:41 PM.

The lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

But excellent post OP. I love playing the game with or without friends.
  • Jimbatron likes this

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 September 2017 - 05:24 PM

Class thread, but was wondering whats the best methods without a bunker/office etc apart from heists. Trying to save up 2 million for a office and a car warehouse, on about 900k but 2 mill will take forever. Waiting for the 2x event hoping it comes soon.

Thanks. I'd say join Pac Std Heists. Don't wait around for a finale like some Johnny come lately's do, join set ups until you find a good group of players who aren't going to screw it up. If they're all wearing Heist Heavy Combat suits, that's normally a good sign - at least they won't die easily.

The lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

But excellent post OP. I love playing the game with or without friends.

As a big fan of the show, I appreciate that! Yeah I prefer to play with a team of friends when possible. Sometimes you want to earn cash though and they're not online - that's what this guide is designed for.

Good guide.

I'd recommend doing your daily objectives, all I do to make money is to keep up the DOs for the half a mil bonus and sell a blue or yellow Sentinel. I don't bother playing the game properly and just doing that gives me enough cash to get everything I want.

Not the most efficient way to make money but it's easy and it works.

Cheers. Yes daily objectives are great, especially if you can keep it up for the month bonus - the problem for me is I can't play every day.

Jamwes
  • Jamwes

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 September 2017 - 05:35 PM

These days you only need $50k on hand to be a VIP. It's not a bad idea to go into an invite only session to do VIP missions and alternate headhunter and sightseer. Grab a helicopter off the map and you can do sightseer in around 6 minutes for about $20k. Headhunter also pays around $20k, but might be a bit of a challenge unless you have a Kuruma. The best players can finish it in the city in around 4 minutes. Back to back, you can get around $175k an hour. Without a buzzard or Kuruma, headhunter might slow you down some, but I'd think around $150k an hour would be a reasonable expectation. Its how I originally got my money to buy a buzzard.

Jayfab
  • Jayfab

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 06 September 2017 - 11:08 PM Edited by Jayfab, 06 September 2017 - 11:09 PM.

Cheers. Yes daily objectives are great, especially if you can keep it up for the month bonus - the problem for me is I can't play every day.

Quoting from reddit:

"If you don't log into online it doesn't count. It only counts consecutive online days."

Buladog
  • Buladog

Player Hater

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 07 September 2017 - 07:40 AM

Nice guide, I want buy coke mc and bunker what location you recommended ?
  • Jimbatron likes this

Hécate-II
  • Hécate-II

Homeboy

• Members
  • France

Posted 07 September 2017 - 08:32 AM

I'd say join Pac Std Heists. Don't wait around for a finale like some Johnny come lately's do, join set ups until you find a good group of players who aren't going to screw it up. If they're all wearing Heist Heavy Combat suits, that's normally a good sign - at least they won't die easily.

Pro solo heisters do that, abuse Quick Job from invite-only. Never play the four setups. Waste of time, playing the Bike setup is fine, but don't play other setups, its random, random heist leaders may want to keep you, or not. A friend has logged? You played the four setups for that random leader, but he don't care about you, you wasted your time playing setups in this case, already happened.

Never ask 20%, since you only play final or the last setup, do everything possible to speed the process.

I made millions like that, and met some very skilled peoples.
  • Jimbatron likes this

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 September 2017 - 07:27 AM

Nice guide, I want buy coke mc and bunker what location you recommended ?

I would get either Smoke Tree Road (proximity to airport) or Farm House (proximity to the city) as a bunker. Don't get a business in Sandy Shores as the drop offs are in LS and you will lose so much time it's not worth the money you save in the long term.

For Coke I'd get the cheapest one in Sandy Shores.

Stupidis
  • Stupidis

PC Warrior

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 06 October 2017 - 03:20 PM

I having problems getting mediúm cars. Currently I have 12 top, 8 medium and 10 standard. If I sell a top car and then scout for a new one I usualy gets the standard range a few times before I yet again get the top range. Anyone know if it's possible to do a 12-8-12 instead of 12-10-10? Otherwise, how am I going to get those two medium range cars?

flexcreator
  • flexcreator

Homeboy

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 06 October 2017 - 06:31 PM Edited by flexcreator, 06 October 2017 - 06:32 PM.

^ Make sure you don't have duplicates.

(If you do - sell them, doesn't matter if they are standart or medium range. Duplicates are bad for business)

• Jimbatron likes this

Chevchelious
  • Chevchelious

----------Chev Chelios is still Alive----------

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 October 2017 - 03:57 AM

Oh my gawd, thank you so Much! I was stuck doing site seer, 10 thousand times....I will get this going tonight!
  • Jimbatron likes this

vq35altima
  • vq35altima

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 11 October 2017 - 05:34 AM

So after the recent update, I have noticed "Crank up the volume" mission no longer pays 39k solo. Any more suggestions?

Stupidis
  • Stupidis

PC Warrior

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 11 October 2017 - 06:53 AM

^ Make sure you don't have duplicates.

(If you do - sell them, doesn't matter if they are standart or medium range. Duplicates are bad for business)

Yeah I noticed that. Thought when I first read about it that it was enough with just the numbers. Works like a charm now.

Chevchelious
  • Chevchelious

----------Chev Chelios is still Alive----------

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 October 2017 - 01:17 AM

So after the recent update, I have noticed "Crank up the volume" mission no longer pays 39k solo. Any more suggestions?

Are you serious?

So, as of right now it will not pay 39k solo?

Luigi22
  • Luigi22

Hi there :)

• Members
  • Aland

Posted 14 October 2017 - 04:48 PM Edited by Luigi22, 14 October 2017 - 04:50 PM.

Thanks for the guide Jimbatron, been making good money with it last couple of days with some small changes to it, as Mc and bunker has 25% bonus this week :)

But one thing came to my mind when I was just about to end my session today. Even though I agree with you its not worth to do special cargo, have you considered if its worth to buy special item if your assistant tells you its available. As it costs 25k to buy it and you can sell it for 95k, I guess its worth to do it, especially if you cant do Headhunter or source/sell car.

Edit: Seems like its not always 25k buy and 95k sell, but I would still consider its worth it.

• Jimbatron and Hécate-II like this

kidtwist81
  • kidtwist81

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 October 2017 - 10:18 AM

If you have multiple warehouses for vehicles do they share a cool down or are they separate? So can i deliver two cars back to back (inside the 20 minutes) for more money? if i have them in my warehouse i mean. 

Luigi22
  • Luigi22

Hi there :)

• Members
  • Aland

Posted 17 October 2017 - 10:39 AM

If you have multiple warehouses for vehicles do they share a cool down or are they separate? So can i deliver two cars back to back (inside the 20 minutes) for more money? if i have them in my warehouse i mean. 

You can only own 1 warehouse at time.

• kidtwist81 likes this

kidtwist81
  • kidtwist81

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 October 2017 - 12:51 PM

You can only own 1 warehouse at time.

thank you! 

datetenou
  • datetenou

Rat

• Members
  • Singapore

Posted 19 October 2017 - 01:24 AM Edited by datetenou, 19 October 2017 - 01:26 AM.

TBH
After trying this guide for nearly a mth i got tired of 1 thing

The gunrunning sales

Hav u ever had a situation where every 2 hr and 30 mins it gives u a FAV buggy?? Yeah that

From that moment i shut down my bunker, never to touch it again. Whenever i feel like restarting buiness it ALWAYS give me a FAV which i hate alot, i better be selling 9 crates + IE at tis point

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users