The Lone Wolf's Guide to Making Money and Research

132 replies to this topic
IceDree
  • IceDree

Concierge Of Crime 💀

• Members
  • Saudi-Arabia

Posted 09 July 2017 - 10:45 AM

Yes I'd agree wholeheartedly with this, I also don't like the one where an amateur has stole the car (I botch that one badly in my video). Some others have suggested in the thread that you can earn more money, and that's definitely possible. There is deliberate slack in the schedule to accommodate things such as drawing these missions that might slow you down. Providing the mission doesn't take more than 15 minutes you should still be in with a good shout of squeezing a headhunter in before the 20 minute cool down is up.

Ooh I'm always squeezing in 4 VIP jobs to double my profit & pass the 20 minutes cool down ;)

As for the armature theif, Its pretty easy once you figured out the Sniping points for each location (YouTool, Kortz Center & the corner of the hill at the Route 68 intersection) can be done with $0 damage & under 8 minutes. The only inconvenience in it for me now is the tree at the Rockford Drive location, Its not 'Bob friendly lol.

I agree regarding the bunker business, I'm currently focused solely on research to finish the remaining 13 projects, then I'll be back to manufacturing.
  • Jimbatron and DavyBaby2011 like this

hei3enberg
  • hei3enberg

not really certain about some stuff

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 July 2017 - 01:08 PM Edited by hei3enberg, 09 July 2017 - 01:14 PM.

You need to be a goddamn magician to beat one Import export vehicle sale while stealing supplies in terms of efficiency while playing solo! I'm selling car from Elysian in under 5 minutes and it's 80k for me. How on earth can you steal full bar in 5 minutes?! Oh, and since I'm playing with blocked port, I'm not even travelling to my Vehicle warehouse, I'm finding new session.

• Jimbatron likes this

Jo1{er
  • Jo1{er

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 July 2017 - 03:38 PM Edited by cakyle1982, 09 July 2017 - 03:43 PM.

Came back to add an edit about crates thought I'd respond to a couple of points:

Take the fun out of playing the game and follow this guide.....

Or, if I were feeling particularly pointy I might add, why bother playing a game at all if you have more fun spending your time trolling other peoples posts on internet forums. On a serious note however, I would not recommend playing like the guide all the time. I don't. Sometimes I want to do some modes that don't pay well because they are fun. Sometimes I do suboptimal variants of this guide. For instance, in my case sometimes I steal supplies for weapons manufacturing. For me, I believe I can earn 75k fast than I can steal them, so it's not the most profitable exercise, but I don't mind sacrificing a few dollars to mix it up a bit.

However, there are times when I, and I suspect a lot of other players just want to earn some money, and don't have friends online to rely on. This guide was designed to suggest optimal ways to do so. Not as a suggestion "this is how you should play all the time".

I'd rather do this than give R* money for Shark Cards if I want to boost my bank balance but then I quite like all these activities. If you don't mind dipping your hand in your real life pocket like Big Molio above, then that's fine too.

is there a way to save the cargobob from despawning, when you do sell missions in I/E?

when you take on a buying/stealing car Mission inside the Office ist no Problem, by landing on tghe Roof,

but what about the despawning, when you have to enter the car-storage for doing the sell-Mission?

It's all about where you leave it. Flat grassy areas are best. If you leave it in a busy highway it will most likley blow up. You can check my video in the OP for where I leave it around the La Mesa warehouse.

It takes about 3-8 minutes to import a car in most cases. the exceptions are the Time Trails, The Barge & the Little Seoul Gangsters, they usually take over 10 minutes to complete, however, you can push the East Coast Barge & the Seoul Gangsters Mirror Park to under 9 minutes if you are lucky.

Yes I'd agree wholeheartedly with this, I also don't like the one where an amateur has stole the car (I botch that one badly in my video). Some others have suggested in the thread that you can earn more money, and that's definitely possible. There is deliberate slack in the schedule to accommodate things such as drawing these missions that might slow you down. Providing the mission doesn't take more than 15 minutes you should still be in with a good shout of squeezing a headhunter in before the 20 minute cool down is up.

As a lone wolf as well, I appreciate this.

That said, I generally have stuck to I/E. Four high end car sales (with a select friend's help) at around 400k/hour.  That's enough for me.

I've already shut down my gunrunning bunkers. Meh on the whole gunrunning thing.

I'd seriously recommend firing your bunker back up. Look at this way, if you buy supplies, and keep doing your I/E every now and then you'll get a mission that  nets you 135k if you buy supplies, and should take less than 10 minutes if done correctly. That's a very good bonus that I'm convinced will push the average up per hour of any player not glitching money. If you discount the 2 hour 20 minutes wait for a supply bar to turn into product, the time spent playing gunrunning missions should net you 810k an hour. That value is of course not achievable due to the production time, but it is indicative added gunrunning weapon sales will boost your average.
I totally agree. The bunker makes money for no work. Just buy the supplies and you can run other things while the bunker "prints benjamins"
The net profit alone is worth it.
210k - 75k supplies - 9400 x 2 fees = 116k

116k for 15 or 30 min of actuall playtime

Its a no brainer. This coupled with the coke and maybe the others makes a tidy side profit. Its nothing compared to running IE cars but it requires little work on the players part.

Ive actually ran enough sell runs that Ive used the profit to buy a phantom which unlocks the plowed ceo mission. Very fun! You can also use the phantom for the trailer in the mission haulage. The sell mission with the phantom to the air port got me particularly interested in buying it. After all, aren't we just grinding bunker sales to make money to buy the cool things? Lol
  • J1M likes this

Jo1{er
  • Jo1{er

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 July 2017 - 03:52 PM

You need to be a goddamn magician to beat one Import export vehicle sale while stealing supplies in terms of efficiency while playing solo! I'm selling car from Elysian in under 5 minutes and it's 80k for me. How on earth can you steal full bar in 5 minutes?! Oh, and since I'm playing with blocked port, I'm not even travelling to my Vehicle warehouse, I'm finding new session.

You dont run supply missions. You buy them and the time it takes you to steal the supplies solo, you sell a couple extra IE cars. This method will bring you several more 75k profits rather than the 75k you saved stealing supplies. Last time I filled a supply bar up it took like 5 steal runs at 5-10 a piece. You could have sold two or three cars in that time. At high end sales, thats 150k more profit in the same increment of time if you just buy the supplies.

But as a previous poster has stated, I sometimes steal the supplies just to play the missions when I get kinda burnt out on selling cars.

malcolm_tucker
  • malcolm_tucker

Yes you f*cking can

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 July 2017 - 02:41 PM Edited by malcolm_tucker, 18 July 2017 - 02:49 PM.

Thanks for putting all this info together @Jimbatron, it's come in handy over the last week or so. Some of the maths will need to be re-done today as they have changed the gunrunning production rate from 7m30s to 5m15s per bar (I'm not sure if this has been verified yet though, I'm researching still).

Edit; It's only temporary so no need to change anything  :^:

• Jimbatron likes this

impostor1971
  • impostor1971

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 July 2017 - 03:12 PM

Thanks for the guide, Jimbatron.  It helps a lot for n00bs like me, even though I don't have a bunker yet.

• Jimbatron likes this

Jamwes
  • Jamwes

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 July 2017 - 04:00 PM Edited by Jamwes, 23 July 2017 - 02:25 PM.

Here's a tip for the AFK method, go AFK in a Contact Mission. You won't get charged any daily fees, not even utility, mechanic, or assistant fees. Also, there is a way to get a full bar of supplies for only $15k.

This is what I've been doing. First, make sure all of your supplies are nearly full. Buy supplies for only $15k, only a sliver needed to be used first. Before the supplies are delivered, start a contact mission. Go to your apartment, office, or clubhouse and go AFK by watching TV. The supplies you already had will be used and product will be made. The supplies you ordered won't be delivered until you return to free roam. After a few hours, either complete the mission or just fail it. When you return to free roam the bunker supplies will be delivered immediately and the MC business supplies will be delivered in 10 minutes. Theses supplies, which you bought for only $15k, will completely fill the supply bar.

Edited to add: it's recommend to retire from MC/CEO before starting the Contact Mission. If you're registered as one then you'll respawn as one on the free roam map. It is possible to be raided the moment you return.
  • MrGrandis, Jimbatron, Sami Nitro and 9 others like this

Rafae
  • Rafae

OG

• GTAF Crew
  • None

Posted 18 July 2017 - 05:22 PM

Thanks for putting all this info together @Jimbatron, it's come in handy over the last week or so. Some of the maths will need to be re-done today as they have changed the gunrunning production rate from 7m30s to 5m15s per bar (I'm not sure if this has been verified yet though, I'm researching still).

Edit; It's only temporary so no need to change anything  :^:

7 minutes to 5.25 minutes when fully upgraded.

Gullungarna
  • Gullungarna

Player Hater

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 19 July 2017 - 05:52 PM

Hmm How do you get 168k for 75k of coke supplies? Im only getting 72k for selling in LS, thats a 3k loss.. Also 75k of supplies for the bunker gives me 90k if i sell to LS..

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 July 2017 - 06:02 PM Edited by Jimbatron, 19 July 2017 - 06:06 PM.

Hmm How do you get 168k for 75k of coke supplies? Im only getting 72k for selling in LS, thats a 3k loss.. Also 75k of supplies for the bunker gives me 90k if i sell to LS..

If your factory has the staff and equipment upgrades, a full supply bar will produce 168k of coke (if sold far) after two hours. Check the video in the op.

I have a suspicion though if you quit the game or switch sessions in under the 30 minute production intervals you risk losing some progress.

Gullungarna
  • Gullungarna

Player Hater

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 19 July 2017 - 06:50 PM

If your factory has the staff and equipment upgrades, a full supply bar will produce 168k of coke (if sold far) after two hours. Check the video in the op.

I have a suspicion though if you quit the game or switch sessions in under the 30 minute production intervals you risk losing some progress.

I got all the upgrades except the equipment upgrade for both. Didnt know Its such a big difference, Its almost 100k diff..

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 July 2017 - 08:05 PM

The upgrade doesn't just affect the total amount, not having it slows the production time. Buy it as soon as you can. You'll make your money back quickly.

Gullungarna
  • Gullungarna

Player Hater

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 19 July 2017 - 09:00 PM

The upgrade doesn't just affect the total amount, not having it slows the production time. Buy it as soon as you can. You'll make your money back quickly.

Oh Yeah Im gonna buy it for My bunker right now. The Coke Will have to wait. THx man

ItsKenzTho
  • ItsKenzTho

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 July 2017 - 09:50 PM

Spent a whole day stealing those 32 vehicles and upgrading my coke factory just so i can try this guide. It was worth all the effort. Amazing guide.
  • Jimbatron likes this

Hécate-II
  • Hécate-II

Homeboy

• Members
  • France

Posted 22 July 2017 - 11:29 AM

Here's a tip for the AFK method, go AFK in a Contact Mission. You won't get charged any daily fees, not even utility or assistant fees. Also, there is a way to get a full bar of supplies for only $15k.
This is what I've been doing. First, make sure all of your supplies are nearly full. Buy supplies for only $15k, only a sliver needed to be used first. Before the supplies are delivered, start a contact mission. Go to your apartment, office, or clubhouse and go AFK by watching TV. The supplies you already had will be used and product will be made. The supplies you ordered won't be delivered until you return to free roam. After a few hours, either complete the mission or just fail it. When you return to free roam the bunker supplies will be delivered immediately and the MC business supplies will be delivered in 10 minutes. Theses supplies, which you bought for only $15k, will completely fill the supply bar.

Tested and approved. Great method. Reminds me the good old days of cocaine infinite supply glitch :-)
  • Jimbatron and Jamwes like this

Jamwes
  • Jamwes

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 July 2017 - 01:36 PM

Tested and approved. Great method. Reminds me the good old days of cocaine infinite supply glitch :-)

If you have friends you can do it with an AFK playlist, such as Overtime Rumble, and make a couple more bucks. I don't, so I stick to the solo method. Sometimes I use it as an excuse to waste time fishing for Dubsta2s.
  • Jimbatron and Hécate-II like this

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 July 2017 - 06:33 PM Edited by Jimbatron, 23 July 2017 - 10:31 PM.

If you have friends you can do it with an AFK playlist, such as Overtime Rumble, and make a couple more bucks. I don't, so I stick to the solo method. Sometimes I use it as an excuse to waste time fishing for Dubsta2s.

Tried this out today, that's an absolute gem Jamwes. If you're going afk you can effectively look at it as 80k back in the bank each time - saving 60 on supplies and the nice bonus of completing an easy contact mission on max time when you get back of 20.

Will add a link to your post in the OP when I'm not on the mobile and editing is easier. (EDIT - Link added now).

• Jamwes likes this

Jamwes
  • Jamwes

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2017 - 02:19 PM

Tried this out today, that's an absolute gem Jamwes. If you're going afk you can effectively look at it as 80k back in the bank each time - saving 60 on supplies and the nice bonus of completing an easy contact mission on max time when you get back of 20.

Will add a link to your post in the OP when I'm not on the mobile and editing is easier.

Awesome. Glad it's helping other people. You can add the text to your original post too. I'm all about spreading the good word.

I really didn't care about saving the daily utility costs until I got a yacht. Something about shelling out $3k every 48 minutes while AFK 8-12 hours rubbed me the wrong way. I've been doing a ton more AFK grinding since I discovered this.
  • Jimbatron likes this

SuperJude™
  • SuperJude™

Not The Nicest Guy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2017 - 08:30 PM

Great guide.

Also illustrates why I just can't with this update. So much to focus on beyond all the things I was already doing.
  • Jimbatron likes this

Jo1{er
  • Jo1{er

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 July 2017 - 05:13 PM

Here's a tip for the AFK method, go AFK in a Contact Mission. You won't get charged any daily fees, not even utility, mechanic, or assistant fees. Also, there is a way to get a full bar of supplies for only $15k.

Edited to add: it's recommend to retire from MC/CEO before starting the Contact Mission. If you're registered as one then you'll respawn as one on the free roam map. It is possible to be raided the moment you return.

Wow....thats pretty good to know. So just go afk in a contact mission in your office. So if you have no supplies how do you buy only 15k worth?

Jamwes
  • Jamwes

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 July 2017 - 05:22 PM

Wow....thats pretty good to know. So just go afk in a contact mission in your office. So if you have no supplies how do you buy only 15k worth?

The first time you do it you'll have to buy or steal up to full. Any time you fall off the cycle (probably because you're actually playing the game) you'll have to do the work or spend the money to fill supplies again. So, you won't be getting a full supply bar for $15k every single time you buy supplies until the end of time. But you will be able to make going AFK overnight more economical.
  • Jimbatron likes this

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 July 2017 - 05:46 PM Edited by Jimbatron, 24 July 2017 - 05:47 PM.

^ it's also worth noting that at the 15k resupply price it brings the other biker businesses into play economically.

For example paying 75k for Meth resupply is probably not worth it - you'll gross around 150k from the sale netting 75k. But as a lone wolf that delivery mission with two vehicles will likely take around 20 minutes. You could do an I/E vehicle AND a headhunter for more money with that time.

If it only costs 15k for the supplies that flips it.

But if you are doing the bunker and resupply img multiple biker businesses, you must get round them all and launch the contact mission before any of the supplies arrive. Switching sessions and changing your spawn location can be a good way to "teleport" and save time if your businesses are spread out.

Rafae
  • Rafae

OG

• GTAF Crew
  • None

Posted 24 July 2017 - 05:55 PM

75k of supplies for Meth produces ~71k of stock.. that's 107k out of county not including bonuses. You might as well buy supplies for Meth until full if you want to make a decent profit. 107-75 = a measly 32k of profit.

Same thing with Coke, if you're only selling at 1.5 bars then you might as well steal supplies until the supply bar is full instead of buying them. Only buy if you plan on filling it completely.

Of course you can always offset the costs of the supplies by selling a top end car but that's besides the point I'm trying to make.

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 July 2017 - 06:03 PM Edited by Jimbatron, 24 July 2017 - 06:47 PM.

You could be right. I swear a full bar got me 150k of meth once but haven't used it in a while as I shut it down as unprofitable. Shame because the lab looks kind of cool and I'd like a reason to drop in more often. Obviously my cooks weren't a patch on Walter White - because I don't have a garage full of money back from it.

Coke is definitely 168k sold far though from a full supply bar - gives you two bars after two hours. Also often two vehicles though which is annoying.

Rafae
  • Rafae

OG

• GTAF Crew
  • None

Posted 24 July 2017 - 06:06 PM

It's 84k sometimes (126k out of county) as well as 112k (168k out of county). It varies really.

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 July 2017 - 06:46 PM

It's 84k sometimes (126k out of county) as well as 112k (168k out of county). It varies really.

For me it's 168k far, every time without fail - that's with starting both bars fully empty, ordering supplies, and waiting two hours.

I have a suspicion that switching sessions might results in loss of progress though - perhaps that's the issue. If so that's going to be chunky as it's produced in half hour blocks - unlike gunrunning every 7 minutes.

• Rafae likes this

Jamwes
  • Jamwes

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 July 2017 - 08:40 PM

For me it's 168k far, every time without fail - that's with starting both bars fully empty, ordering supplies, and waiting two hours.

I have a suspicion that switching sessions might results in loss of progress though - perhaps that's the issue. If so that's going to be chunky as it's produced in half hour blocks - unlike gunrunning every 7 minutes.

My thought on the coke glitch is that it uses a small amount of supplies to bring it back to "zero" when fully empty. When I buy supplies when I sell it usually only makes 1.5 bars. But, if I let it use some of the supplies still in it (usually 2.5 bars of supplies are left when selling full product) I'll get the full 2 bars production. I just let it use some of that .5 bar in my travel time after the sale back to the coke lockup to buy more.

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 July 2017 - 09:09 PM

^ Yeah I think it's something like that for sure.

Carlos181
  • Carlos181

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 July 2017 - 04:24 PM

Thanks for the write-up! I've actually started making some good money by following your guide. My only issue is that I keep getting two vehicles on my coke sell missions (168k to LS) without fail.
  • Jimbatron likes this

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 July 2017 - 05:43 PM

Thanks for the write-up! I've actually started making some good money by following your guide. My only issue is that I keep getting two vehicles on my coke sell missions (168k to LS) without fail.

Yeah that's probably the biggest pain about Coke. You can sell after 90 minutes for 128k and be gauranteed one vehicle which is probably best if you are in a potentially hostile session.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users