The Lone Wolf's Guide to Making Money and Research

132 replies to this topic
ragedandcaged
  • ragedandcaged

HYPOCRISY IS THICK HERE.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 June 2017 - 08:52 PM

The gtao section flushed all your research.

This is why the community fails.

Jarlaxle
  • Jarlaxle

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 June 2017 - 08:59 PM

BRILLIANT_.jpg

• Jimbatron, hei3enberg, ash-274 and 1 other like this

LucasMolina99
  • LucasMolina99

Player Hater

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 29 June 2017 - 12:46 AM

Which is the top to have just 1 vehicle when selling?
Is it measure in crates or in money?
How do I know how many crates I have

Some say that if it shows you have $175,000 then you're safe for only one vehicle, but I would suggest lower, to be safe.  I was selling when the inventory hit $133,000 but I'm pressing higher lately just to try and reduce the number of sales missions I have to make.

It's measured in money, specifically the short-distance selling price.  Sell for the long-distance price for 50% more cash, assuming the longer drive in the same amount of time isn't a problem for you considering how hostile the lobby is and how far your bunker is from southern points in the city.

You can go over to that part of your bunker and look, but it really doesn't matter and the game doesn't show it in units of product you currently possess.  They do give you the (useless) stat of how many units you've produced from the beginning.  The number of "crates" in your bunker also doesn't correspond to what vehicle you will get to deliver or what it will look like in the vehicle.
Thanks mate! That really helps
  • ash-274 likes this

IceDree
  • IceDree

Concierge Of Crime 💀

• Members
  • Saudi-Arabia

Posted 29 June 2017 - 10:02 AM Edited by IceDree, 29 June 2017 - 12:32 PM.

Excellent & very comprehensive guide, Jim! I'm sure it'll help a lot of folks.

Regarding your tips regarding Headunter, I've to disagree with the Savage being better than the Buzzard. While the Savage packs more firepower, its too chunky & weak. You can spawn it right next to you, if you do it in the City & familiar with their spawn locations, you can get it over with pretty quickly. I do Headhunter in my Buzzard regularly under 2 minutes, actually I take it as a challenge to keep it under the 2 minutes mark, my best was 1:15 , but I was lucky with the spawn locations that time.

I'd be interested to see any data that has been collected on what the average time to complete I/E missions in general is, since I'd expect some sizable variance but would also expect the shorter and longer missions to balance each other out in the overall picture.

It takes about 3-8 minutes to import a car in most cases. the exceptions are the Time Trails, The Barge & the Little Seoul Gangsters, they usually take over 10 minutes to complete, however, you can push the East Coast Barge & the Seoul Gangsters Mirror Park to under 9 minutes if you are lucky.

of course there are factors that plays into this. your office location, warehouse location, wither you own a Cargobob or not.

I have the Lombank office, the Elyisan Island warehouse & I do most of my imports with a 'Bob ... unless its a car bomb.

That's my observations from importing\exporting just over 700 cars.
  • Jimbatron, hei3enberg and Rafae like this

Marc_Hano
  • Marc_Hano

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 June 2017 - 12:27 PM

Take the fun out of playing the game and follow this guide.....
  • El Payaso likes this

ragedandcaged
  • ragedandcaged

HYPOCRISY IS THICK HERE.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 June 2017 - 12:30 PM

If it prevents constant whining I am all for it.
  • Jimbatron likes this

tomy90
  • tomy90

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 June 2017 - 01:03 PM Edited by tomy90, 29 June 2017 - 01:04 PM.

If it prevents constant whining I am all for it.
Sadly sometimes you have to grind for money to get all the expensive things we want in this game.

Especially nowadays with how expensive everything is currently

Also thanks for the guide might swap out what i have been doing on the research I decided to get all the research done first then focus on money.
  • ragedandcaged likes this

Jo1{er
  • Jo1{er

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 June 2017 - 01:14 PM

Which is the top to have just 1 vehicle when selling?
Is it measure in crates or in money?
How do I know how many crates I have

Some say that if it shows you have $175,000 then you're safe for only one vehicle, but I would suggest lower, to be safe.  I was selling when the inventory hit $133,000 but I'm pressing higher lately just to try and reduce the number of sales missions I have to make.

It's measured in money, specifically the short-distance selling price.  Sell for the long-distance price for 50% more cash, assuming the longer drive in the same amount of time isn't a problem for you considering how hostile the lobby is and how far your bunker is from southern points in the city.

You can go over to that part of your bunker and look, but it really doesn't matter and the game doesn't show it in units of product you currently possess.  They do give you the (useless) stat of how many units you've produced from the beginning.  The number of "crates" in your bunker also doesn't correspond to what vehicle you will get to deliver or what it will look like in the vehicle.

I sell one bar of supplies which = 2hr 20 min = 210k product which always equals one vehicle.

Bahaha....this guide creates more time for you to play the game.
  • Jimbatron, gtafan26, hei3enberg and 2 others like this

CobraX
  • CobraX

Crackhead

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 29 June 2017 - 03:13 PM

Or have no money at all in the game and miss out on all the fun stuff (vehicles/weapons...) which makes the game boring really fast. Yes, grinding can be boring, but at least there's a reward afterwards (as in: you can buy new cool stuff).

• gtafan26, DavyBaby2011, Jarlaxle and 3 others like this

fiill
  • fiill

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 June 2017 - 07:22 PM Edited by fiill, 29 June 2017 - 07:23 PM.

fwiw the new weaponized Tampa is awesome for head hunter assuming you got the dual miniguns equipped. Savage is too slow and buzzard is too weak

P4DR0N3
  • P4DR0N3

12 o'clock flasher

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 July 2017 - 05:02 PM Edited by P4DR0N3, 01 July 2017 - 05:04 PM.

Edit: contacted moderators about pinning this thread.
  • Jimbatron and hei3enberg like this

Rafae
  • Rafae

OG

• GTAF Crew
  • None

Posted 01 July 2017 - 06:20 PM

fwiw the new weaponized Tampa is awesome for head hunter assuming you got the dual miniguns equipped. Savage is too slow and buzzard is too weak

Tampa isn't as fast as a Buzzard when it comes to getting around from target to target
  • hei3enberg likes this

fiill
  • fiill

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 July 2017 - 06:55 PM

True but the buzzard rockets make it difficult to stop fast moving armored vehicles at times and its machine gun is all but worthless

Rafae
  • Rafae

OG

• GTAF Crew
  • None

Posted 01 July 2017 - 06:57 PM

True but the buzzard rockets make it difficult to stop fast moving armored vehicles at times and its machine gun is all but worthless

Fire from a distance and you can align your rocket shots perfectly
  • Smooth Longsack likes this

flexcreator
  • flexcreator

Homeboy

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 01 July 2017 - 08:38 PM Edited by flexcreator, 01 July 2017 - 08:38 PM.

Tampa is good for cleaning the areas in I/E missions and stealing supplies for Gunrunning.

I wouldn't recommend ANY ground vehicle for Headhunter, since some of the targets are separated by water, fences, mountains and many other environmental obstacles which will slow you down eventually

• Rafae and mrgstrings like this

Fonshway
  • Fonshway

Run N Gun KillaZ

• Members
  • United-States
  • Miss Los Santos 2015

Posted 01 July 2017 - 09:30 PM

Amazing guide
  • Rafae likes this

LucasMolina99
  • LucasMolina99

Player Hater

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 01 July 2017 - 10:54 PM

I recommend you to wait for the vehicle to stop or go really slow (tipicaly in a red light or a traffic jam) lock on and shoot the 2 missiles, that will dissable it
  • jazzbone, MikeyDLuffy and mrgstrings like this

ryannata
  • ryannata

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 July 2017 - 09:03 AM

Thumbs up for the op, this method is really working, i've tried this method today and i'm already having extra 200k income from this method, from 500k to 775k in 2 hours...

• Jimbatron, hei3enberg and MikeyDLuffy like this

Makingthequants
  • Makingthequants

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 July 2017 - 09:04 AM

Excellent thread. Without reading this I have pretty much done this since blowing £16m on all the fast tracking. I had £50m went down to £34m.

My OCD kicked in so I have to go back upto £50m before I allow myself to purchase anything.

I tell myself to get 3 cars then sell the 3rd car that way my garage fills up but I'm always topping up my money.

I only allow production of gunrunning to get to £75k. It's low risk and as a lone wolf I get to sell it in Los Santos for around £105k. The missions to sell are generally easy (the truck with the cone at the front is REALLY EASY but loads and loads of fun)

It's pure profit as you only steal supplies as well.

Have been able to pick up some crates as well which has enabled me to get the 'special crates' as well which sell really highly.

I can't stress enough don't keep the 'special items' it's not worth it.

I also do headhunter in between selling cars and selling a guns which keeps the £9k daily cost sorted so I'm making effective profit.

Have been able to get back £9m in the last 10 days so far just hitting GTA online for around 5 hrs per night.

Anyways just my 2p worth but very good guide. GG
  • Jimbatron, gtafan26, MikeyDLuffy and 2 others like this

mrgstrings
  • mrgstrings

Knife beats Chainsaw

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 02 July 2017 - 10:19 AM Edited by mrgstrings, 02 July 2017 - 10:30 AM.

I recommend you to wait for the vehicle to stop or go really slow (tipicaly in a red light or a traffic jam) lock on and shoot the 2 missiles, that will dissable it

Just like when you have to steal the moving car or the crate van in traffic :)

You are a bit screwed if you are outsite of the city without traffic lights :p

I also never encountered the sale with 2 Insurgents so far, had 2 scenarios with the Pickup Custom: One being attacked by Merryweather at every dropoff and the other just heading to the dropoff point. I only sell one vehicle as usual.

Eqaulo
  • Eqaulo

STRR Commissioner

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 02 July 2017 - 10:35 AM

^^just stop the npc car in front of it that works as well ;). Only works when the van driver isn't going full crazy yet, just don't shoot, stop the car in front, get out and pull the driver out of the van. Collected many crates with this technique and always works.

flexcreator
  • flexcreator

Homeboy

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 02 July 2017 - 01:11 PM Edited by flexcreator, 02 July 2017 - 01:11 PM.

^ Well, since we are talking about  I/E cars now - the best way is to spawn CEO buzzard in front of the sourcing vehicle. You don't even have to exit the Cargobob. 

Spawn a buzzard, the car will stop in front of the obstacle, hook the car (with a driver inside) and fly to your garage.

• Alec Skorpio, jazzbone, hei3enberg and 1 other like this

IceDree
  • IceDree

Concierge Of Crime 💀

• Members
  • Saudi-Arabia

Posted 02 July 2017 - 07:49 PM

That's why you desend to street level before firing on a moving target to guarantee a hit ... Given there are no obstacles between you two or turns.

Jarlaxle
  • Jarlaxle

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 July 2017 - 05:12 PM Edited by Jarlaxle, 03 July 2017 - 05:12 PM.

I find capturing moving vehicles is much easier with my CEO Brickade parked sideways across two lanes of traffic. As long as you can get ahead of them just spawn it, turn it, and get back in the Cargobob.

zoso80
  • zoso80

Uninstalled GTA 10-6-17, an era comes to a close.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 July 2017 - 01:37 AM Edited by zoso80, 04 July 2017 - 01:39 AM.

As a lone wolf as well, I appreciate this.

That said, I generally have stuck to I/E. Four high end car sales (with a select friend's help) at around 400k/hour.  That's enough for me.

I've already shut down my gunrunning bunkers. Meh on the whole gunrunning thing.

• gtafan26, hei3enberg and Rafae like this

Jamwes
  • Jamwes

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 July 2017 - 03:09 AM

When do you get extra vehicles for biker business sales? Is it more than 1.5 bars you get 2 vehicles and 2.5 bars gets you 3 vehicles?

Rafae
  • Rafae

OG

• GTAF Crew
  • None

Posted 04 July 2017 - 05:24 AM

When do you get extra vehicles for biker business sales? Is it more than 1.5 bars you get 2 vehicles and 2.5 bars gets you 3 vehicles?

All I know is for 1.5 bars you get one vehicle for Coke (2 for Meth) and anything above that is multiple vehicles for Coke. Not sure about the rest.

• Jimbatron, hei3enberg and Jamwes like this

gtafan26
  • gtafan26

Burnt Spy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 July 2017 - 05:42 AM

That is why I use my Hydra for Headhunter.

• Jimbatron likes this

Big Molio
  • Big Molio

Oop North

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 July 2017 - 05:22 PM

f*ck it, just run around like I do. The odd stunt race <shrugs>

A couple of mill does me, buys me bullets. Something comes out that I really like? Shark Card. I have no issue with getting things on tick.

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 July 2017 - 07:52 AM Edited by Jimbatron, 09 July 2017 - 07:59 AM.

Came back to add an edit about crates thought I'd respond to a couple of points:

Or, if I were feeling particularly pointy I might add, why bother playing a game at all if you have more fun spending your time trolling other peoples posts on internet forums. On a serious note however, I would not recommend playing like the guide all the time. I don't. Sometimes I want to do some modes that don't pay well because they are fun. Sometimes I do suboptimal variants of this guide. For instance, in my case sometimes I steal supplies for weapons manufacturing. For me, I believe I can earn 75k fast than I can steal them, so it's not the most profitable exercise, but I don't mind sacrificing a few dollars to mix it up a bit.

However, there are times when I, and I suspect a lot of other players just want to earn some money, and don't have friends online to rely on. This guide was designed to suggest optimal ways to do so. Not as a suggestion "this is how you should play all the time".

I'd rather do this than give R* money for Shark Cards if I want to boost my bank balance but then I quite like all these activities. If you don't mind dipping your hand in your real life pocket like Big Molio above, then that's fine too.

is there a way to save the cargobob from despawning, when you do sell missions in I/E?

when you take on a buying/stealing car Mission inside the Office ist no Problem, by landing on tghe Roof,

but what about the despawning, when you have to enter the car-storage for doing the sell-Mission?

It's all about where you leave it. Flat grassy areas are best. If you leave it in a busy highway it will most likley blow up. You can check my video in the OP for where I leave it around the La Mesa warehouse.

It takes about 3-8 minutes to import a car in most cases. the exceptions are the Time Trails, The Barge & the Little Seoul Gangsters, they usually take over 10 minutes to complete, however, you can push the East Coast Barge & the Seoul Gangsters Mirror Park to under 9 minutes if you are lucky.

Yes I'd agree wholeheartedly with this, I also don't like the one where an amateur has stole the car (I botch that one badly in my video). Some others have suggested in the thread that you can earn more money, and that's definitely possible. There is deliberate slack in the schedule to accommodate things such as drawing these missions that might slow you down. Providing the mission doesn't take more than 15 minutes you should still be in with a good shout of squeezing a headhunter in before the 20 minute cool down is up.

As a lone wolf as well, I appreciate this.

That said, I generally have stuck to I/E. Four high end car sales (with a select friend's help) at around 400k/hour.  That's enough for me.

I've already shut down my gunrunning bunkers. Meh on the whole gunrunning thing.

I'd seriously recommend firing your bunker back up. Look at this way, if you buy supplies, and keep doing your I/E every now and then you'll get a mission that  nets you 135k if you buy supplies, and should take less than 10 minutes if done correctly. That's a very good bonus that I'm convinced will push the average up per hour of any player not glitching money. If you discount the 2 hour 20 minutes wait for a supply bar to turn into product, the time spent playing gunrunning missions should net you 810k an hour. That value is of course not achievable due to the production time, but it is indicative added gunrunning weapon sales will boost your average.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users