Quantcast

» «
Photo

Does the last-gen version look better at times?

54 replies to this topic
Darealbandicoot
  • Darealbandicoot

Strange and exotic sailor

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 July 2017 - 11:07 PM

Yes at least for me. Current gen may be gorgeous but in my opinion looks fake when compared to how the game looks on old gen.
  • theGTAking101 likes this

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 15 July 2017 - 11:10 PM

Been looking at my old PS3 photos...

At best it looks comparable.

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy
  • Best Poster [Vehicles] 2016

Posted 17 July 2017 - 06:13 PM Edited by Scaglietti, 17 July 2017 - 06:17 PM.

GTA IV on the Xbox 360 beats all the GTA V versions in terms of graphics (tho it beats it in any category too)

It certainly does not look better than GTA V graphically overall. The setting and some art decisions may change some opinions but technically and graphically GTAV blows IV out of the water, and IV certainly does not even come close to beating the current-gen and PC versions.

It's all opinion really. Personally I think the detail in GTA V is better than IV overall but the lighting looks so flat in V at times that it feels more flat than IV with it's sunniest settings. I wish the skies/lighting in V would be updated just a bit. It would be a massive improvement for the overall atmosphere and would definitely make IV look worse in comparison all of the time.

As far as last-gen V vs current-gen? Well I made the switch last June so last-gen is still fresh in my mind. I'd have to say that the tree models were definitely better on PS3 and daytime looked a little less "tinty" but otherwise that's it. PS3 V had a lot more aliasing and less sharp textures.

If there's anything last-gen V did better than current-gen V is was car interior models ironically. Hear me out, of course it didn't have enough detail to be FPV but I'm talking about the choices of interior. A lot of unique interiors for cars were removed and replaced.

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 17 July 2017 - 06:42 PM

One thing I've noticed, I dunno if it's the same way with last gen, but everything seems to have a slight blue filter, almost all of my current gen snapmatics are very heavy in blues and purples during sunset/sunrise. It was a similar way with GTA IV and the heavy Brown/Orange coloration everywhere.

Darealbandicoot
  • Darealbandicoot

Strange and exotic sailor

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 July 2017 - 07:03 PM Edited by Darealbandicoot, 17 July 2017 - 07:04 PM.

Yeah I noticed that too. Its looks kinda ugly in my opinion. A little bit of it would be realistic sure but they overdone it in my opinion.

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 17 July 2017 - 07:28 PM

It doesn't look ugly necessarily to me, but it looks more than a bit unnatural when all of my landscapes in various different locations around the map all have that same blue mist everywhere and all of the sunsets make the whole world purple everytime

.Smaher.
  • .Smaher.

Mr. Triangle Man

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 July 2017 - 08:22 PM

Lol, no. Never.

D T
  • D T

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 July 2017 - 06:44 AM Edited by D T, 19 July 2017 - 06:45 AM.

8fyr3ws.jpg

Rockstar this is not how trees look on this planet.

SmokesWithCigs
  • SmokesWithCigs

recovering addict

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 July 2017 - 11:09 AM

I have both versions for PS3 and PS4 I played on PS3 for a bit to compare the two the PS3 version was was blocky looking the wheels and rims on the cars had blocky textures like as if it was ps two. There were a lot of blurry textures also. Then I immediately came back to PS4 every thing was so clear and vivid with so much detail.i don't know what world your living or what you are smoking or maybe your trolling. Either that maybe you need your eyes checked or you are just a stone cold idiot.

ACM-Jan
  • ACM-Jan

Usually helpful, BUT very defensive upon disrespect

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 19 July 2017 - 11:24 AM Edited by ACM-Jan, 19 July 2017 - 11:28 AM.

after going over to pc (minimum specs to play but still) i don't start up ps3 anymore, few months ago started ps3 and pc game side by side and i turned off ps3 after few minutes after looking at both and ever since last gen has been untouched. besides that i've gotten very good with keyboard and mouse!

• SmokesWithCigs likes this

mariana_dm1989
  • mariana_dm1989

Mari

• Members

Posted 20 July 2017 - 04:49 AM

I agree totally. Next gen GTAV looks so artificial and unnecessarily shiny. Not only does old gen GTAV look better, but it actually plays much better as well. Driving and shooting on old gen felt much better than on current generation
  • D T and theGTAking101 like this

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 July 2017 - 10:58 AM

I agree totally. Next gen GTAV looks so artificial and unnecessarily shiny. Not only does old gen GTAV look better, but it actually plays much better as well. Driving and shooting on old gen felt much better than on current generation

Have you played or seen V on a powerful PC running on very high graphic settings at 60fps ?

Once you do, you will completely forget what the console versions look like ! I know because I got them both ;)

D T
  • D T

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 July 2017 - 01:49 PM

I have played GTA V on very high settings at 4K resolution. I still find myself occasionally in awe of last-gen's superior art style. There's a certain vibe on there that cannot be matched by PC.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 July 2017 - 03:31 PM

I have played GTA V on very high settings at 4K resolution. I still find myself occasionally in awe of last-gen's superior art style. There's a certain vibe on there that cannot be matched by PC.

Last-gen V is a totally distant memory to me bro......even this vibe you speak of, I can't even recall it, I even gave my PS3 copy away to someone for free. However, I will still concede that V look amazing on last-gen for its time, on the PS3 for me at least.

• D T likes this

Piggsy pls
  • Piggsy pls

pls

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 July 2017 - 05:51 PM Edited by Piggsy pls, 29 July 2017 - 05:52 PM.

Eh I played the 360 version recently for comparison, and honestly aside from the tree models it looks bad compared to the CG/PC versions. I don't even mind the blueish tint. That said it's still amazing they got it to look that good on old hardware.
  • D T likes this

D T
  • D T

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 July 2017 - 07:22 PM Edited by D T, 29 July 2017 - 07:22 PM.

Last-gen V is a totally distant memory to me bro......even this vibe you speak of, I can't even recall it, I even gave my PS3 copy away to someone for free. However, I will still concede that V look amazing on last-gen for its time, on the PS3 for me at least.

That's fair. :^: PC is definitely capable of looking superior with the right mods. I recently made timecycle adjustments on PC and it does look quite good. If someone manages to port last-gen trees to PC, I'd probably change my mind about all this.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 July 2017 - 07:54 PM

That's fair. :^: PC is definitely capable of looking superior with the right mods. I recently made timecycle adjustments on PC and it does look quite good. If someone manages to port last-gen trees to PC, I'd probably change my mind about all this.

which timecycle did you use ? Link please ? Does it affect FPS or cause lag ?

Yinepi
  • Yinepi

Wepwawet Wannabe

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 29 July 2017 - 08:08 PM Edited by Yinepi, 29 July 2017 - 08:17 PM.

Yeah, but I'd take saturation over blue smog and trees that look like spoiled brocolli.

If saturation is your main argument then you could always turn up the saturation on your display.

Lmao Old gen didnt even had grass, just some sort of green smudge

The new-gen grass is annoying though. It makes San Andreas look like the amazon rain forest. The blades are too tall and dense. It also reduces frame rate and causes stuttering.

And then there is the creepy weird way they "morph" in the distance... like some genetically-modified super-plant that can grow from seedling to full bloom in 2 seconds.

• Cutter De Blanc likes this

ACM-Jan
  • ACM-Jan

Usually helpful, BUT very defensive upon disrespect

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 29 July 2017 - 11:08 PM Edited by ACM-Jan, 29 July 2017 - 11:13 PM.

It's weird tho how Rocstar still havent solved the gta world vegetation jumping into existence at certain distance on pc version, every time i see that i get nostalgic memories of gta san andreas. Yet they have managed to get rid of the invisble physical objects that used to pop into view as you fly close to them back in the day.

Objects like high voltage powerline holders have lights and everything else has model visible from resonable distance, that improvement made gta 5 best gta on pc

D T
  • D T

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 July 2017 - 09:49 PM

@OfficialGeneral It's VisualV - haven't noticed any fps drops with it at all. Good luck!

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 July 2017 - 11:28 PM

@OfficialGeneral It's VisualV - haven't noticed any fps drops with it at all. Good luck!

Yeah its funny you mentioned that, because I downloaded it and installed it in my copy of V last night. I'm using VisualV, and I must say it looks that bit much better. 

• D T likes this

Pedinhuh
  • Pedinhuh

Get down on it!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 31 July 2017 - 12:06 PM

I think the only issue with current gen and PC is that tacked on white and sort of blueish tint on the colors.

But that is something you can resolve by adjusting your monitor or TV settings.
  • Official General likes this

jazzbone
  • jazzbone

Hustler

• Members

Posted 31 July 2017 - 02:40 PM Edited by jazzbone, 31 July 2017 - 03:06 PM.

For me the outside in daylight often looks better on the PS3. The PS3 version has higher contrast, better color, no camera blur, and more clear atmosphere. Overall the PS4 has superior 1080p, interiors and cut scenes look superior to PS3, and smoother frame rates. However the PS4 outside in daylight suffers from less vibrant colors, hazy atmosphere, some camera motion blur, and blur in the distance at times that i guess is suppose to be smog.

Current gen GTA5, like most current gen games, needs more graphics options like PC versions provide. Then effects like volumetric atmosphere, dynamic depth of field, and camera motion blur can be disabled or set to low if unwanted.
  • Cutter De Blanc likes this

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 31 July 2017 - 05:42 PM Edited by Cutter De Blanc, 31 July 2017 - 05:44 PM.

The only time there's a weird blue mist in the distance in real life CA is when there's fires. I noticed it outside the other day.

What weirds me out is you can just put on a pair of shades, switch to first-person and the mist instantly vanishes...

Begoo
  • Begoo

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 01 August 2017 - 10:57 AM

8fyr3ws.jpg

Rockstar this is not how trees look on this planet.

When was the last time you stepped out of your house?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users