Quantcast

» «
Photo

Does the last-gen version look better at times?

40 replies to this topic
D T
  • D T

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by D T, 4 weeks ago.

Hear me out: I know the textures and resolution are lower quality on PS3/360, but some of the original art design looks better I think. For example, there's a blue tint on next-gen that often muddies the game's vibrant colors during the day. The last-gen tree models also seem to fit the city better, with more saturated foliage. There's probably some other differences I'm forgetting, but yeah certain visual aspects just look nicer, albeit a bit less detailed.

Anyone else kinda notice this?

• anthony, theGTAking101 and Great Britain like this

HaRdSTyLe_83
  • HaRdSTyLe_83

☆★RIP Open IV★☆

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 4 weeks ago

Next Gen? you mean Rx Vega? i never noticed nothing like that, even just at 1440p ultra x2Msaa, grass looks way better then any old Gen Ps4 :p

HeySlickThatsMe
  • HeySlickThatsMe

Aiden penirse gives Jordi chink a T-Boner

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 4 weeks ago

i do agree with the tree models , they look more realistic but more blocky , while on PC/Current gen it looks super unreal

Gummy 
  • Gummy 

F*ck thyself

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 weeks ago

GTA IV on the Xbox 360 beats all the GTA V versions in terms of graphics (tho it beats it in any category too)

oCrapaCreeper
  • oCrapaCreeper

Soldier

• Members

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by oCrapaCreeper, 4 weeks ago.

GTA IV on the Xbox 360 beats all the GTA V versions in terms of graphics (tho it beats it in any category too)

It certainly does not look better than GTA V graphically overall. The setting and some art decisions may change some opinions but technically and graphically GTAV blows IV out of the water, and IV certainly does not even come close to beating the current-gen and PC versions.

• coolpc likes this

AUScowboy
  • AUScowboy

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

No. It categorically does not.

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

Hear me out: I know the textures and resolution are lower quality on PS3/360, but some of the original art design looks better I think. For example, there's a blue tint on next-gen that often muddies the game's vibrant colors during the day. The last-gen tree models also seem to fit the city better, with more saturated foliage. There's probably some other differences I'm forgetting, but yeah certain visual aspects just look nicer, albeit a bit less detailed.

You must be on crack.

The answer is NO. 

• SmokesWithCigs likes this

Kingbing
  • Kingbing

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

The graphics are actually really similar across both gen's.  Which is kinda shocking since a 7 year old console can run the game with very similar graphics to a new console.

SmokesWithCigs
  • SmokesWithCigs

recovering addict

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

no

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 4 weeks ago

It certainly does not look better than GTA V graphically overall. The setting and some art decisions may change some opinions but technically and graphically GTAV blows IV out of the water, and IV certainly does not even come close to beating the current-gen and PC versions.

I wouldn't read too much into this. He always litters his posts with sarcasm (I must be the only person on this forum that notices it) yet he's usually the first to complain when people drag GTA IV into discussions to undermine GTA V.:/

As for the question I haven't played the last gen version of GTA V in 3 years, but I can't imagine how it would look better in ways. Actually I remember watching my brother play it a while back and it didn't look very nice. I've said it before that the last gen version wont age well compared the the current gen and PC version and believe that to be true.

• Official General, Wu-Tang Forever, HaRdSTyLe_83 and 1 other like this

stjimmy3
  • stjimmy3

Hater of player haters

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 3 weeks ago

Short Answer:

No

Long Answer:

No 

• Awesom-0 likes this

DoctorMike
  • DoctorMike

I hope Everyone's having a great Day/Night

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 3 weeks ago

Last Gen has better Explosions, Better Weather (the sky is more blue, less yellowish colors on the environment which I really hate, less fog), better tree models like other users said

HaRdSTyLe_83
  • HaRdSTyLe_83

☆★RIP Open IV★☆

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by HaRdSTyLe_83, 3 weeks ago.

Lmao Old gen didnt even had grass, just some sort of green smudge

• Drug Tino, Awesom-0, Vertighost and 1 other like this

Simply_Wasted
  • Simply_Wasted

You can't stop me! You BUSTA Carl!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

https://youtu.be/apRqCP5RDDE

Jeez, How long has it been since i played V on Ps3? Been playing on Ps4 ever since and forgot how different it looked on last-gen :dozing:
  • Official General likes this

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

Jeez, How long has it been since i played V on Ps3? Been playing on Ps4 ever since and forgot how different it looked on last-gen :dozing:

Me too.....I've been playing on the PS4 and a high-end PC for the last two years. I wouldn't even remember how the PS3 version looks right now. After getting V for the PS4 (and later PC) I actually gave my PS3 copy of V away to someone for free (yes I paid £60 for it on launch too). 

• AboveAndBeyoncé likes this

D T
  • D T

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

At 6:03, tell me PS3 doesn't look way better there. Next-gen looks so dull in that scene.

ACM-Jan
  • ACM-Jan

Usually helpful, BUT very defensive upon disrespect

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 3 weeks ago

and video didn't dare to show last gen explosions, they knew it would prove there was some charm in LG

• D T likes this

lydianduck
  • lydianduck

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

At 6:03, tell me PS3 doesn't look way better there. Next-gen looks so dull in that scene.

More saturation doesn't equal better image quality.

D T
  • D T

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

Yeah, but I'd take saturation over blue smog and trees that look like spoiled brocolli.

HaRdSTyLe_83
  • HaRdSTyLe_83

☆★RIP Open IV★☆

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 3 weeks ago

right cuz at 6:03 you cant see sh!t on the Ps3 and it all just blurred, but hey, good for you, you are set for the next decade as gfx will never be so bad (or good in your oppinion)

Cr!minal
  • Cr!minal

Career Criminal

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Cr!minal, 3 weeks ago.

Having played both Xbox 360 and PS4 versions I see what you mean, OP.
Last-gen versions do look more vibrant and "clear" because NG versions include extra post-processing filters (like that blue haze).
Also there are some artistic changes like already mentioned tree models.

• anthony likes this

theGTAking101
  • theGTAking101

Get out of my sight, or I'll kill you.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 3 weeks ago

I understand what you mean. I like the colors better on last gen..

AboveAndBeyoncé
  • AboveAndBeyoncé

Yonce Fan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

https://youtu.be/apRqCP5RDDE

Me too.....I've been playing on the PS4 and a high-end PC for the last two years. I wouldn't even remember how the PS3 version looks right now. After getting V for the PS4 (and later PC) I actually gave my PS3 copy of V away to someone for free (yes I paid £60 for it on launch too). 
Yeah I can't even begin to think about how last gen looks since I got it on PS4 (for GTA Online) and recently bought it for PC (SP Modding) also VisualV mod makes GTA look a whole lot better.... But Redux Mod takes it even further
  • Official General likes this

Jammsbro
  • Jammsbro

Pogo 4 life

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 3 weeks ago

L3i799i.gif
  • HaRdSTyLe_83 likes this

D T
  • D T

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by D T, 3 weeks ago.

Yeah I can't even begin to think about how last gen looks since I got it on PS4 (for GTA Online) and recently bought it for PC (SP Modding) also VisualV mod makes GTA look a whole lot better.... But Redux Mod takes it even further

Just use VisualV, not Redux. If I remember correctly, the guy who "made" Redux stole a bunch of files from the VisualV guys.
  • AboveAndBeyoncé and HaRdSTyLe_83 like this

Vertighost
  • Vertighost

00:00:00

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Vertighost, 3 weeks ago.

What about frame rates?

*DERGaming
  • *DERGaming

I am back

• Members
  • United-States
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 3 weeks ago

Sorry I can't agree with you I even looked myself PS3/360 does not look better.

oCrapaCreeper
  • oCrapaCreeper

Soldier

• Members

Posted 3 weeks ago

What about frame rates?

Yeah, barely anyone considers this. Last gen struggles to even reach 30 most times while current gen can comfortably stay at 30, and of course the PC version can go 60 and beyond.

HaRdSTyLe_83
  • HaRdSTyLe_83

☆★RIP Open IV★☆

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 3 weeks ago

Just use VisualV, not Redux. If I remember correctly, the guy who "made" Redux stole a bunch of files from the VisualV guys.

most people are ignorant and selfish kids that dont give a sh!t about other peoples work

What about frame rates?

Yeah, barely anyone considers this. Last gen struggles to even reach 30 most times while current gen can comfortably stay at 30, and of course the PC version can go 60 and beyond.

60fps is just a myth, every console player knows that , and resolution is just a number (until a new 4k ps4 gets released)

• Mastah and AboveAndBeyoncé like this

Wu-Tang Forever
  • Wu-Tang Forever

Mad Max

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

I will admit that at first the CG version looked kinda weird and washed-out to my eyes, because of all the extra effects, but other than that the increase in detail and how much smoother it was blew me away, and I quickly got used to the extra effects/processing/filters/whatever (I'm not a graphics guy :p) and think it gives it a more realistic look. 

I haven't played the LG version in a couple years now (in fact, I sold off my 360 copy), and at the time I thought it looked amazing (aside from some PS2-quality ground textures), but after growing accustomed to the XB1 version, it probably looks like sh*t now.

Not to go too off-topic, but I kinda had a similar experience with Assassin's Creed. I first played Black Flag on 360 and thought it looked incredible, then I played through it on XB1 just recently and while I noticed all the nice new effects, the graphical upgrade wasn't that noticeable to me at first. Then I moved on to Rogue (the next chronological game, historically speaking) and whoa, the difference between XB1 Black Flag's graphics and Rogue's 360 graphics was much starker than I would have thought (and since Rogue is basically Black Flag: Seven Years War Edition, I think it's a fair comparison). So many little details I'd taken for granted in the XB1 version were missing, the framerate wasn't as nice, and the shadows and draw distance looked much worse. I've gotten used to it now to where it looks fine, but at first it was pretty distracting. (BTW, can we get remasters for Rogue, III and Liberation, Ubi? Pretty please?) My point is, I imagine it'd be the exact same thing if I were to play the 360 version of GTA V again, after growing so used to the XB1 version.

That said, the LG version pushed the 360 and PS3 to their limits and I'm kind of impressed they got as much as they did out of them.

• MiamiViceCity likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users