Starter Save Information: Created 23rd June 2017, 13:13
Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game Starter Save Round 6
Game Script Version: 1.0 + Version 1.1 Patch
Chain Game Code Version: SS 3.00
General DescriptionThe Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game is a Forum-Based Relay Game for Grand Theft Auto III, a 2001 Video Game published by Rockstar Games and developed by DMA Design LTD. The Goal of the Starter Save Edition of the Chain Game is to complete all of the Side Missions in Grand Theft Auto III at the start of the game without completing any Story Missions.
The Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game is free to play for anyone who desires to participate. Every potential participant must have the PC Version of Grand Theft Auto III as well as connection to the internet to be able to play. Other than that, there are no prerequisites at all.
However, all participants should take time to read the Rules or, at the very least, the Quick Start Guide before they start to play. The Rules are designed so that the game can progress smoothly and everyone can have an enjoyable experience of contributing into achieving the Chain Game's Goal, which in this round is to complete all of the Side Missions in Grand Theft Auto III.
New Players are always welcome to join the Chain Game. If you're new and are willing to participate, simply look through the Quick Start Guide and read the complete set of Rules later. Eventually, the Chain Game Rules will have to be read though, otherwise you will spoil all of the fun fo the Other Players and also Yourself.
Old Players are always welcome here in the Chain Game - Even if they have been away for quite a while, they will always have a warm reception. However, Old Players are asked to read through the full set of Rules again to catch up with any changes that may have been implemented since their last time playing.
Quick Start Guide
1. Take a turn by making a post in this topic. A simple "I'll take a turn", "I'll have a go" or "My turn" is enough to take a turn
2. Download the Save File from the previous post.
3. Complete One Named Side Mission. If there are several named side missions available at the moment, choose the one that you desire.
Remember: DO NOT get Busted or Wasted and DO NOT use any kind of cheats, trainers, modifications or CLEO Scripts during your turn or it will not count!
4. After you have completed your turn, upload your Save File on Save'N'Play or any other file sharing network. Save'N'Play is the recommended uploader however if the website is down or you if you choose to use another file sharing network, you need to ensure that it grants free download access to anybody without the need for registration.
5. Post the link to your Save File back in the topic within 2 Hours. To do so, edit your original post in an appropriate manner.
Below you will find a Copy and Paste Template of the Posting Format you should use upon your turn completion:
[b]Mission:[/b] [b]Link:[/b] [b]Completion:[/b] [b]Notes:[/b]
Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game Rules
1. DO NOT use any kind of cheats, trainers, modifications or CLEO Scripts during your turn. They can sometimes cause serious damages to Save Files which will not only spoil the fun for yourself, but for the other players as well.
2. Take a turn by posting in this topic. A simple "I'll take a turn", "I'll have a go" or "My turn" is enough to take a turn.
3. Download the Save File from the previous post. In the Chain Game, the same Save File is used throughout the whole game from the beginning to the end of the round.
4. After you have completed your turn, upload your Save File on Save'N'Play or any other file sharing network. Save'N'Play is the recommended uploader however if the website is down or if you choose to use another file sharing network, you need to ensure that it grants free download access to anybody without the need for registration.
5. The One Named Side Mission Rule: Complete One Named Side Mission Only throughout the duration of your turn. A Named Side Mission is any mission that changes the save file name. For Example, "Patriot Playground", "Mafia Massacre" or "Gripped!". You will find all relative details in the Supplement To The Rules.
6. It is important that the player DOES NOT save the game after a Mission Failure, Getting Busted or Getting Wasted.
7. The player can purchase weapons, respray vehicles, set up car bombs and have relations with prostitutes. The decision about whether any of this information should be mentioned in the Notes section of the post or not is solely up to the player. It is recommended, however, to mention some important information just in case.
8. The player can complete any available unnamed side missions, collections and deliveries in his/her turn, either separately or along with any Named Side Mission. It is recommended to report any completed side missions and rewards received for completing them in the Notes section of the post.
9. When your turn is complete, you must use the Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game Posting Format and fill in the necessary information which will help the Chief and Chain Game Management when it comes to the final statistics of the round.
10. The Two Turns Wait Rule: Wait until two other turns have been completed before taking your turn again.
11. The Two Hour Limit Rule: The time limit to complete the turn is two hours. The timer starts when the player has made a post indicating that he/she has taken a turn, and the player's deadline is defined by the time of his/her post.
12. If 2 hours pass and the player does not post back, his/her turn is declared "Invalid" and anyone else can take a turn.
13. The Four Hours Timer Rule: If four or more hours pass since the last turn was completed, then the Two Turns Wait Rule is no longer in effect and anyone can take a turn - even if it is the player who completed the turn before that.
14. Any player can willingly forfeit. To do so, everything he/she needs is to edit the original post and write a corresponding text. The forfeiter should skip at least one next turn or wait until the Two Turns Wait Rule is no longer in effect before he/she can take a turn again.
Note that the forfeited turn does not count towards the Two Turns Wait Rule sequence nor does it cancel its effect. A forfeited turn does not affect the Four Hours Timer Rule as well, meaning that the Two Turns Wait Rule loses its effect 4 hours after the last valid turn is completed.
15. In the event of two players taking a turn at the same time, the one who posted earlier has the turn.
16. Mission Strategy is solely up to the Player - Just Refrain from using any kind of cheats, trainers, modifications or CLEO Scripts during your turn.
17. Players will be required to get to Staunton Island and Shoreside Vale in order to complete the game's Side Missions. You can access these islands before they are open using any techniques possible as long as you do not use any kind of cheats, trainers, modifications or CLEO Scripts.
18. It is highly essential not to trash this topic with unnecessary comments and replies. If you have something to say about the Chain Game, and it is not related to taking a turn itself, post in the Chain Game Lounge.
If you witness a violation of any of the Chain Game Rules, do not hesitate to report the violation in a Personal Message to the Chain Game Chief or any of the Chain Game Management (Details of whom can be found in the Chain Game Personnel). Noticing a violation at an early stage will help immeasurably in avoiding consequences of violations in the future and as a result, will leave the Chain Game running smoothly.
1. Try to keep the mission failures to minimum. If the mission failure was nothing more than a result of the player's bad luck, it is recommended for him/her to restart the turn, unless a very large amount of side missions have been completed up to the point of failure without the player saving a single time in which the Chain Game Chief may allow that Player to finish and post their turn with the Mission Failure Present, however this will only be given in exceptional circumstances.
If the mission failure was a consequence of the player being busted or wasted, the player MUST restart his turn or declare a forfeit. Turns with a positive "busted" or "wasted" statistic will not be accepted and will automatically be deemed "Invalid".
2. If you have a game crash problem on your system or you are uncertain of your success, it is advised that you save multiple times when completing a turn, so you won't be forced to lose significant progress as a result of failing a mission, getting busted or getting wasted. The final decision in this matter is left to the player himself though.
3. It is recommended that the Players try to save the game with full health and armor. If you have lost some health and armor during your turn, take time to search for health and/or armor pickups or just collect them from hideouts if they are already available.
4. The Players may choose to use the Prostitute Trick to increase Claude's health to 125 points. The decision about writing down whether this trick has been performed and mentioning the quantity of money spent on hiring a hooker in the Notes section of the post is up to the players.
5. Where possible, please try and ensure that the game is saved on an island where there are available missions for the convenience of the next player.
Supplement To The Rules
This Supplement to the Rules is designed to discuss some of the technical issues of the Chain Game's rules and of Grand Theft Auto III overall.
I. Abuse of the Chain Game Method
Players should understand the basic ethics of the Chain Game. One should take a turn if and only if the previous player has completed his/her turn and posted the new save. That's the basic idea of the chain; a new link can only be attached if the previous one is bound.
II. "Respect is Everything"
All players should respect each other, no matter what their gender, age, nationality, sexuality, political views or religious views are or what their position within the Chain Game is. New players are to be welcomed warmly, and are not to be harassed if they violated any of the Chain Game's rules - everyone has his first time, and everyone has a chance for mistake. The Chain Game Chief, the Management and the Players are to be treated equally. The Chain Game's rules apply to everyone playing - including the Chief himself.
Anybody that violates the Chain Game Rules, spams in the Chain Game Topic or doesn't show Respect for the Chain Game Players will be dealt with by the Chain Game Management Staff and will result in a temporary or permanent exclusion from the Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game in which during that time, no turns that the player makes will be deemed valid, even if they respond to every single rule of the Chain Game.
Players that do not respect the punishements that they have been given and continue to post in violation of the Chain Game Rules will be dealt with personally by the Chief and GTAForums Staff. Other players are asked not to interfere or respond to the offending player if they continue to post in violation and instead are asked to send a message to the Chain Game Chief or use the GTAForums Report Feature.
III. Gang Hostility
At this point in the game, it is important that players are aware of the Columbian Drug Cartel being hostile towards the player. This means that Fort Staunton and Cedar Grove may be dangerous areas to travel and all players should be careful when travelling near these locations - Remember that if you are wasted during your turn, you MUST restart the turn or declare a forfeit. Turns with a positive "busted" or "wasted" statistic will not be accepted and will automatically be deemed "Invalid".
IV. The One Named Side Mission Rule
In order to ensure that the game is fair, the Starter Save Rounds of the Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game only allow you to complete One Named Side Mission. This is the full list of Named Side Missions in Grand Theft Auto III:
- "Patriot Playground"
- "A Ride In The Park"
- "Multistorey Mayhem"
- "Mafia Massacre"
- "Diablo Destruction"
- "Casino Calamity"
- "Rumpo Rampage"
VI. Other Things to Keep in Mind
1. Hidden Packages, Rampages and Unique Jumps
Feel free to get any amount of these during your turn. These can be either done separately or can be accompanied by a Named Mission and/or any amount of side missions. It is also recommended to write down the locations of any found Hidden Packages, completed Rampages and/or completed Unique Jumps as well as any rewards received for them into the Notes section of your post.
All players are allowed to participate in exporting vehicles, and this can be done either separately or along with any Named Side Mission. Players can also help by storing vehicles needed for the lists beforehand when they come across them.
VII. Late Edit
In a situation where a player completed a turn but forgot to mention something he/she did during his/her turn completion, this player is advised to edit that post. After that, the Original Edit Time line should be added at the bottom, showing the time when the turn was originally finished.
Note that you have to mention the Time Zone as well, so that other players won't get confused.
The following is a Posting Format that is to be used by all players when they have finished their turn in the Chain Game. The Posting Format is to be edited into the players turn post and must be completely filled in, with the exception of the 'Notes' section.
Mission: Use the Side Mission Name as it appears on the screen. Do not use mission descriptions such as "the mission where you must collect checkpoints".
Link: The Link to the Uploaded Save File from your turn.
Completion: The Game Completion Percentage which can be found in the Stats Menu.
Notes: Anything that the Player wishes to share with their fellow Players. This can inlude Rewards for Side Missions, Collections and Delivieries.
A simple "I'll take a turn", "I'll have a go" or "My turn" is enough to take a turn. Players can be creative about what they write as long as everyone understands what they really mean. However, you need to make sure that you use this Posting Format for completed turns.
Below you will find a template that you can copy and paste to spare you the effort. Feel free to change the colors to your liking. You are also free to add any other BBCode tags you feel necessary to add:
[b]Mission:[/b] [b]Link:[/b] [b]Completion:[/b] [b]Notes:[/b]