Best Poster [Technology] 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best New Gang 2014 [RBE]
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]

Posted 24 June 2017 - 08:03 PM

zIp2SLH.png

Week of June 18th - 24th

kXtXQeT.png

Welcome back to the fifteenth issue of the GTAForums Weekly newsletter! I'd like to start out this issue with an Editor's Note - don't worry, I'll try to keep it short :p

The team has been interested in replacing Blast from the Past with a more community oriented segment featuring contributions from the modding community here on GTAForums. Keeping the recent OpenIV dilemma in mind, we believe a segment like this would help to shine a light on the enormous effort and contributions that can be found within the GTA Modding section. We would like to weigh interest with the overall GTAF community and our readers to test the waters, so please vote here in this poll and let us know what you think. If you would like to make additional comments, feel free to leave them in a reply.

If it comes down to us introducing the new modding segment, we'd prefer to bring on a new team member to exclusively cover it, so please reach out to Android if you're interested.

On another related note, Blast from the Past will return next week.

Now, let's get onto the rest of the issue!

wE5k9l6.png

uNi posted a new showcase topic featuring EddieLTU's Snapmatic shots while informing everyone about his win last week. Eddie was crowned the winner of Season 1 of the GTAF Snap Battle on June 14th. Returning this week with the GTAForums Weekly Outfit Showcase, host REXX has put together a Gunrunning Special! For this special, participants dressed their GTA Online characters up in military themed clothing. Not returning this week, unfortunately, is the Weekly Vehicle Showdown. A new poll hasn't popped up within the past three weeks, so for now we'll assume it's been put on the back burner.

GTAForums currently has a total of 14,889,999 total posts (+18,518 from last week) and 708,974 total members (+827 from last week) at the time this is being posted.

Besides all of that, it's been quiet in terms of GTAForums news.. so let's get onto the other segments!

tjBbZMp.png

Welcome to the fifteenth week of Rockstar Central! I’m your host, Spider-Vice, and we’ll be highlighting this week’s happenings in the Rockstar Universe.

Grand Theft Auto Modding
In a round of applause to Take-Two Interactive and Rockstar Games, the best outcome for last week’s situation has happened! Modders and fans of modding protested with blood, sweat and tears, tanked GTA V’s Steam reviews to Overwhelmingly Negative (although a bit unethically..), got the whole media to report on the modding “ban”, and yesterday, June 23, Rockstar Games officially announced their stance on Single Player modding, after discussions with Take-Two Interactive.

In an impressive win for the modding community, although with a few legal rules, Rockstar Games launched their statement on their support page. Summarizing all the legal jargon, Rockstar states a few things; Rockstar believes in fan creativity, if it is reasonable. They enjoy when people showcase their passion for Rockstar’s games, even by modding them with 3rd party content. However, Take-Two will generally not take legal action as long as..
- The mods don’t affect multiplayer or online services;
- Tools, files, libraries or functions that could harm multiplayer or online services will have legal action taken against them;
- You can NOT import Rockstar’s IP’s between one another. This includes importing the RDR map to GTA V, or the Liberty City map and features to GTA V.

Losing total conversions from other Rockstar games seems like a very nice compromise for having OpenIV back. In a stroke of surprise, Rockstar Games has told VICE’s Motherboard that they are in direct dialogue with GooD-NTS, the developer of OpenIV, to resolve everything! Whether certain rules will be applied or not, we still don’t know, and we’re waiting for more details to be posted by GooD-NTS himself. OpenIV was updated last night to remove the Cease & Desist notice, which is extremely good news.

GTA Online
Gunrunning businesses are flourishing all over San Andreas, and the madness begins as every gunrunner buys their Mobile Operations Centers, flies around with Oppressors, and has toys like the Weaponized Tampa. Despite some criticism, it is actually one of the latest cooler updates Rockstar has released.

To give gunrunners even more reason to hop in on GTA Online, a few new bonuses have been applied this week. Having begun on June 20th, players can log in to receive two shirts, the Class of ’98 shirt and the Black Hawk & Little Logo tee. As well as 25% off:
- The Valkyrie
- The Coil Brawler
- Body Armour
- Vehicle Armour
- Bulletproof Tyres

All these bonuses end on June 29, so just less than a week from now to get those! Those into running fast can also enter the new Premium Special Vehicle Race, “Storm Drain”, locked to the Blazer Aqua; and the new time trial, “End to End”. These end on June 26th, but, for June 27th (ending on June 29th), Rockstar has announced the next sets of races!

Premium Race: “Spinner” (locked to Super cars)
Time Trial: “Fort Zancudo”

In a semi-regular fashion, Rockstar hosts streams of GTA V on all platforms with a few known community members (and sometimes celebrities). Although a bit different from the streams that happened way back then, where actual developers played with other devs and people from the community, these streams are a great way to increase community interaction with the Rockstar community team, along with having some fun with Rockstar’s awesome community managers if you end up getting in one of those sessions with the other Twitter/Youtube community members that might manage to go to NYC proper to play the game!

This week’s stream was focused on the presence of Viboxing (or GTA GFX), a well-known community member and GTANet Partner and Kyle Evans, also a GTANet Partner from GTAOnlineNews and RDOnlineNews, who went to NYC to play with Klang, Tex and see the rest of the Rockstar crew, and play the brand new Gunrunning missions and adversary modes, having later on invited other community members to the session. The chat is usually quite friendly, the Rockstar moderators are very chill as long as you behave, and it’s something that is great to increase fan interaction, so it deserves a highlight this week. If you’re from GTAForums, they might even recognize you.. The all-seeing Rockstar is inescapable!

You can watch a VOD of this week’s stream here.

H93Hfjb.png

NEWS

GTA ONLINE

GENERAL CHAT

GAMING

nQeR6he.png

VwUrDBv.png

hRvACCT.png

730k3Kw.png

JCZQckb.png

vXnzlOe.png

MK Ultra

3JKTOaP.png

Qmd5Eke.png

sw804Si.png

Qo4MIIm.png

AhyO41e.png

nv7IWLb.png

Rl9T2Za.png

Teased in last week's issue, here's our latest interview with GTAF's resident music guru Mister Pink.

Unbid: You've been a member of the community for 13 years now... What initially brought you to GTAForums?
Mister Pink: The lovely blue colour palette and I came to get some cheats, maybe a mission list for San Andreas. I was blown away by the time and effort members here would put in to making guides such as the car list guide and girlfriend guide. Also the passion others had for my favorite game. It's the first forum I've ever joined and I always compare the others to this place and  GTAForums raised the bar too high, it's hard to feel the same love for any other forums. 

What's the history / context regarding your username?
I joined as ThePinkFloydSound as I was listening to them a lot when I joined. This is name of the sound Pink Floyd got their name; from two blues musicians; Pink Anderson and Floyd
Council. I didn't want to be stuck with such a particular band name for all my time here but still wanted to carry over a distinctive word from my original username so I went with Mister Pink. Coincidentally it's the name of Steve Buscemi's character in Reservoir Dogs which is kind of cool because he's one of my favorite actors.  

What do you enjoy most about the community here on GTAF?
The pure passion and exchange of information with others from all different backgrounds of religion, professions, race, nationality. It's a melting pot of ideas, often times differentiating ideas and opinions but we all share that one love of Grand Theft Auto.

More specifically, I'm discovering new movies, films and games films from other members here. Also I love how people share their life experiences, be it pets they own and love, to mental health issues. I'm often charmed by the willingness of others to help other members here even with the what may seem like the trivial little things.

How does it feel to be a member of The Connection?
Very proud. I've learned a lot from my Connection homies.

What is it like to be a forum leader of the Music and Gaming sub-forums?
I'm still learning new things all the time. I'm grateful to be part of this community and I just hope I can use a little of my time to constructively contribute to forums in some way (when I'm not getting on peoples nerves in little debates :p) 

Which forum member do you feel closest to?
Ooh. I can't say one person but there's so many here I respect, even if I think they may not like me. Even if I'm disagreeing with people on here, it's usually because I respect and appreciate them and enjoy picking their brains on certain topics and issues even if I come off like a pretentious a-hole some times.

Picture this; you've suddenly become an Admin here on the forum. What do you do first?
What's an Admin?

What's your favorite Rockstar Games series or title?
San Andreas. I just loved the diversity of that map. It gets a bad rap from people as it's fantastical at times but underneath there's a lot of heart and soul the game. I love The Warriors too.

Do you have any interests, hobbies, favorite music, and so on? Tell us about the person behind your alias.
Hmm. I enjoy learning. I spent the best part of my teens up until now being enjoying myself, going to music festivals, organzing music gigs, partying etc. Now I'm slowing down, becoming more obsessed with videogames, learning wordpress, photography, video production and graphic design.

Any final comments? Do you have anything to say to our readers & the GTAF community?
Don't eat the yellow snow.

qO34erD.png

Vince Staples - Yeah Right (feat. Kendrick Lamar and Kucka)

Long Beach rapper Vince Staples had already been making a move in the hip-hop scene , with his debut album, "Summertime '06" being received to critical acclaim. "Yeah Right" features vocals by singer Kucka as well as a verse by modern legend Kendrick Lamar. Production is done by Australian electronic music producer Flume (who previously featured Staples and Kucka in his track "Smoke & Retribution"),  as well as British producer SOPHIE, resulting on an offbeat, experimental dance track.

Album: Big Fish Theory

Genre: Hip-hop/Alternative hip-hop

Release Date: June 23, 2017

Label: Def Jam/ARTium/Blacksmith

Writer(s): Vincent Staples, Samuel Long, Harley Streten, Kendrick Duckworth, Laura Jane Lowther

JyLyVpJ.png

Android - Editor & Publisher, Topics/Snaps of the Week

Arrow - GTAForums News, Blast from the Past

slohbur - Graphics Assistant

Spider-Vice - Rockstar Central

Testarossa - Track of the Week

unbid - Interviewer

• V4S, Mister Pink, JoonasPRKL and 22 others like this

DuxFortis
  • DuxFortis

Optimism machine broke

• Members