111 replies to this topic
Alpha Demigod
  • Alpha Demigod

I love peace and I love all of you

• Members
  • Canada
  • Best Closet Brony 2016

Posted 4 weeks ago

Well, here it goes. Don't read on if you abhor scandalous activity. I realize I may get judged harshly for some of this. I don't know, maybe not. Actually I don't really care

Read you're whole story and I think you're a douche for cheating. But you shouldn't value my opinion exactly as you said.

But then again...life isn't perfect. Everyone goes through rocky sh*t and cheaters exist. Men, women, dogs, oompa loompas. Everyone cheats.

I have a very rational and moral-relativist viewpoints on the world.

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy
  • Best Poster [Vehicles] 2016

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Scaglietti, 4 weeks ago.

I can completely understand why she did it. I mean I don't necessarily condone the cheating part and I've seen what cheating can do because my dad cheated on my mother 6 years ago (they're still together but there are times where it gets rocky). But marriage is like this, if one side doesn't even want to make the effort to change for the better of the relationship then it isn't going to work. Clearly her situation wasn't going to work with her first marriage.

It probably isn't right but well, my mom tells me all about their marriage and you'd think she would be the one to cheat. My dad doesn't put in any effort, doesn't want to do anything, she feels alone really.

Travedge
  • Travedge

A man in motion feels no emotion

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

My only serious relationship lasted about 6 years. From August 7th 2009-Christmas 2015? Maybe 2014 I don't remember.

We were a great team, especially first three years. Seems we grew apart having gotten together so young (she was 17 an I was 20). Survived a lot together. We lived in a car together for three months. She was finishing high school an I was working at a Italian grocery store cleaning the meat department. She graduated an I saved enough for us to move to Nebraska. Where I stayed for 5 years. To many memories. Lol ill never get over it. Been almost three years Lol. Kms
  • Darth Absentis likes this

Alpha Demigod
  • Alpha Demigod

• Members
  • Canada
  • Best Closet Brony 2016

Posted 4 weeks ago

kms?

I can completely understand why she did it. I mean I don't necessarily condone the cheating part and I've seen what cheating can do because my dad cheated on my mother 6 years ago (they're still together but there are times where it gets rocky). But marriage is like this, if one side doesn't even want to make the effort to change for the better of the relationship then it isn't going to work. Clearly her situation wasn't going to work with her first marriage.

It probably isn't right but well, my mom tells me all about their marriage and you'd think she would be the one to cheat. My dad doesn't put in any effort, doesn't want to do anything, she feels alone really.

Oh man parental conflict is the worst. When you know that one party is a douche and the other party deserves better, but at the end of the day the douche party still raised you and fed you so you can't really do anything.

When I was really, really young I'm pretty sure my dad was cheating on my mom. Strange departures, odd emails of his sent out (he'd let me use his computer and I'd see wierd sh*t).

I was too young to really "get it". Then when I was 12 or 13 the thoughts flooded in and I was like "holy sh*t...what was happening then".

But I can't even address it. I keep telling myself I could be wrong and am not remembering them correctly. And if I bring this up it could ruin my entire family life and I don't want that.

I have a very vivid memory and I'm 90% sure the sh*t I saw when I was 5/6 was my dad cheating on my mom. I'm 22 now and have never told anyone in my family. There's just so much nuance to the situation so I'll just take this knowledge to the grave.

• Mister Pink and Darth Absentis like this

SouthLand
  • SouthLand

CE SABADELL FC

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 4 weeks ago

Same with a 6 year relationship.  From OCT 2010 - JAN 2017

I loved her to death, but she loved her professional career more than me. I don't blame her, it's been almost 7 month single now, and I don't even think about her anymore. I am not mad or angry at her, i hope she succeeds in becoming a talented actress, but i hope she learns that sometimes when you close a door, you might never be able to open it again. I have no problem going out for a coffee with her, but i am 100% positive that we are NOT going to be back together or i won't sleep with her.

I have a lot of stuff i want to do right now, and seriously, I find going on dating apps or to bars to date women very annoying and time consuming. I rather watch a football match with friends.

• Mister Pink likes this

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

The love of my life. Who disappeared on me without a trace about 2 months ago actually responded to a a text I sent her 2 weeks ago just asking for an explanation about what happened. She said that she has "personal issues" that she isn't dealing with too well and isn't ready to start dating again and that's why it didn't work out and it had nothing to so with me. I know its a lie but just the fact she actually wrote back makes me a little happy I guess. But it's just tough knowing that it will probably never work out between us. Meaning I have f*cked up my one chance with the best woman I will ever meet :/ being forever alone suck.

EmSixTeen
  • EmSixTeen

Godfather

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Ireland

Posted 2 weeks ago

Sometimes the best things don't work out. Can take what feels like an eternity to find something in their place, but they come. 

Just leaving this here:

I've decided to make a change in my life and look at the positive side of things. No more being negative or dwelling on my past. I live in the here and now and I'm only looking forward from here on out.
  • Jolly Swagman likes this

Nitrous~
  • Nitrous~

RACINGM8

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Nitrous~, 2 weeks ago.

I like cars and racing, and I find all kind of dating boring, plus I'm not attracted to any gender so... Well, lucky me :^)

Coleco
  • Coleco

Shut up and dance you FOOLS

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 2 weeks ago

Based on experiences in my own life, I totally agree with this:

There are two and only two kingpins to any kind of relationship: romantic, friendship, business or political.

Those kingpins are Trust and Honesty.

People would be wise to understand the importance of both in relationships they cherish and hope to nurture.

Also while I'm here I can't help but think of a line from this song, based on a 1997 article by Mary Schmich:

"Don't be reckless with other people's hearts. Don't put up with people who are reckless with yours."

• Jolly Swagman and Darth Absentis like this

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

Sometimes the best things don't work out. Can take what feels like an eternity to find something in their place, but they come. 

Just leaving this here:

I've decided to make a change in my life and look at the positive side of things. No more being negative or dwelling on my past. I live in the here and now and I'm only looking forward from here on out.

I'm doubtful I will find anyone like her ever again. I've gone on almost 30 dates fro these dating sites in the 2 years I have been using them and nothing came of it. Girls just ghost on me after getting what they wanted.

wosniies
  • wosniies

Rockstar Editor/Freeroamer

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 2 weeks ago

you cheating, your spouse cheating, or whatever.

Not sure how to take this .. haha.

wosniies
  • wosniies

Rockstar Editor/Freeroamer

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 2 weeks ago

I think the feeling of being alone with the person youre in love with is worse than feeling alone without being in love. 

Im not the one to point fingers, but if I ever got cheated on, Id never ever accept that,especially if we were married there were kids in the picture. 

• Scaglietti, Darth Absentis and SA's Most Wanted like this

Leftist Bastard
  • Leftist Bastard

Like tears in rain

• Daily Globe
  • Syria

Posted 2 weeks ago

Well, here it goes. Don't read on if you abhor scandalous activity. I realize I may get judged harshly for some of this. I don't know, maybe not. Actually I don't really care

But then again...life isn't perfect. Everyone goes through rocky sh*t and cheaters exist. Men, women, dogs, oompa loompas. Everyone cheats.

I have a very rational and moral-relativist viewpoints on the world.

Good to know your views on morality are a crock of sh*t too.

Milfrah I don't think what you did was right but I don't think it was necessarily wrong, either. Dead bedrooms are a killer - they destroy self esteem, confidence and can be a pretty big mental strain on a person since you feel undesired by the person you love. I'm not one to judge but you're happy now and it seems to have all worked out.

• The Deadite and Milfrah like this

Milfrah
  • Milfrah

Bad Mommy

• The Precinct
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Milfrah, 2 weeks ago.

Milfrah I don't think what you did was right but I don't think it was necessarily wrong, either. Dead bedrooms are a killer - they destroy self esteem, confidence and can be a pretty big mental strain on a person since you feel undesired by the person you love. I'm not one to judge but you're happy now and it seems to have all worked out.

Yes, my same view on my own situation, basically.

And I don't condone infidelity. I was very hard on myself for what I did even though I fully understood why I was doing it, if that makes sense. I've been cheated on in the past and it's devastating. I watched my parents' marriage fall apart due to infidelity.

And yes, What!? and I are very happy, our 5 year marriage anniversary is this month (six years together next month)! Things worked out better for my ex as well. He re-married a woman who has much more in common with him and they are expecting a baby next month! Our daughter loves both her step parents dearly.

• deadx23 likes this

ΣΓ
  • ΣΓ

Never Settle

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • European-Union

Posted 2 weeks ago

I think the problem here is that you're going after the "hot" women. Nine times out of ten the "hot" woman will have a very unattractive personality. They will only care about herself, and not you unless they want something from you that isn't your "johnson", and will constantly want to be flattered and strives for attention.

If you're looking for a long-term relationship, then don't go for those type. If you're looking for a short-term/fling/f*ck buddy (assuming you'll get that far) then go for it. The fact that you keep bringing up how "hot" they are, tells me that you're just looking for someone to f*ck and to show-off to other people that you are with a "hot" chick and to feel superior to make yourself feel better.

Who you should go for, in my opinion, is someone you can have a long-term healthy relationship with that you can grow with and whom has similar interests as you. For instance, you're on a gaming forum so you more than likely play videogames. So go for someone who either plays videogames too or someone who would be willing to try videogames if they never played them before.

I found that the opposite is true: the top tier hot women tend to have decent personalities. The ones that are kinda attractive but have terrible personalities are usually kinda average. I have never met a truly beautiful woman that I ended up realizing that she had a boring or terrible personality but then again, I don't have super high standards or expectations when it comes to that and I'll explain it in the following paragraphs.

You should absolutely go for the most beautiful woman you can find which also has a decent personality. Do whatever it takes to maximize your chances at having a good long-term relationship if that's what you want. Contrary to popular belief, beauty and brains aren't mutually exclusive. Again, if you expect someone super intelligent it will likely end in disappointment. You have to have realistic standards. You're not that smart either. I think it's more important to look for qualities such as patience and kindness. The sort of qualities that actually help build a relationship. So in other words, I think you should look for someone that cares about you and is a good person in general as opposed to someone who has similar interests to yours or whatever.

Video games is such a shallow example of "similar interests". It doesn't even ensure to any significant extent that a relationship will be successful. I know plenty of girls that play video games and are kinda crazy about it but I would realistically never date them because they don't interest me overall.
  • Milfrah likes this

Darkshadows
  • Darkshadows

Boring guy

• Members
  • Colombia

Posted 2 weeks ago

All right short but funny story

There was this girl i kind of had a crush on but i wasn't planning on telling her because i knew i didn't had a chance (we were friends by the way) so after some time one of my "friends" told her about my feelings and everything got f*cked up, of course i got rejected but i didn't really care so we were still friends, she got mad after a while though because i was usually playing something on my PC so when she tried to talk with me on facebook i couldn't hear the crappy sound facebook makes when you receive a message, after that we never talked to each other again.

This is a part of my life that almost nobody knows about because i know people would start thinking that the reason i never fall in love is because i have a trauma or something so when people ask me if i have a crush on somebody i answer no which leads to them asking if i have ever liked somebody in the past so i just tell them that "as funny as it may sound no, i guess it's not my thing" of course their faces are like  :blink:

Synthol
  • Synthol

-

• Members
  • Republic-of-the-Congo

Posted 2 weeks ago

A girl I had a massive crush on several years ago recently admitted to me that she felt the same way about me too back then. I have a feeling she still has, considering we had a falling out and stopped talking for maybe 2 years and I managed to forget about her until she one day messaged me trying to make amends, fast forward to today and she gets very jealous about me talking to other people and making friends. Not sure exaclty what to make of it.

Darth Absentis
  • Darth Absentis

RIP PS3 copy !

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 2 weeks ago

That one long relationship i really had...god, its kinda a long story and really controversial thing and not even i know really what to make of it to be honest.

So we are talking about a long distance relation ship thing, we met trough some dating site, it seemed to me we shared the same interests(looking back though he might have faked having the same interests), thus we meet when my parents are not home so i can do a 4/5 hour 40 - 50 euro costing trip to Limburg/Netherlands.
Coming there, the guy is more nervous then me, which kinda comforts me.
We are talking about me when i was about 20 years old btw and could count the amount of dates i had on one hand still btw.
So we walk around the area and such, then we go at his home and just have fun playing board games and some videogames on his pc.
I'd honestly do find him quite charming thus i kinda act all inocent and ignore how time is flying by.
So in the end...got to stay at his place, blabla, censored blabla, thus we have a lot of connecting going on in phyisical and emotional ways and it ends with me insanely tired arriving home just in time before parents or grandparents do.
Bit fast forward, we keep chatting trough skype, he shares now and then(so called) secrets, i tell mine and he either seems to not care or see i have some regrets of things in the past,...
Thing is, troughout the period of about 2 years we meet once irl every month or so(parents in the end also got told about it) but after first 3 month, looking back i can safely say, things got toxic.

He changes things about his life story(he always said he did only have 2 relatives he was into conflict with, so only thing i know from him comes from him, thus i got nothing to check what was true), i of course hating liars call him out on it.

Now mind you, at that age i was still way more mentally unstable then now, so after a night of processing his first lie(my mind is a fairly slow POS i pretty much verbally tell him trough the internet he is a pathological lying lunatic and should stay the f*ck away from me before or i'd kill him with my sword i had.

Somehow afterwards, this conflict gets "solved"(hah...yea right indeed...) but of course every month of 3 after that either a minor conflict breaks lose or a new big one comes up still based around the troubles of that big one.

Some interesting details though:

-We were both stuborn as f*ck and would not budge and give in even a fraction for a long time and considering the conflicts revolved around personality differences and a conflict that should have ended that relationship then and there, this whole thing was like an black hole sucking out a lot of energy out of me and him.

-we both kinda liked guns, he somehow for whatever reason had even several files of firearms manuals and sh*t about making bombs on his pc...while most people would have found that scary, i did not.
I mean, have to mention here, he was the moral knight of the 2 and would even flame me for me making jokes about so called "bad events"
For example there once was a documentary about world events of the 1990's, while i was still so mentally twisted i was laughing out loud when it was talking about notable school shootings, terrorist attacks and riots he was honestly getting slightly aggitated, but he did not dare to say to much about it though...he honestly would have gained nothing doing that anyhow btw...like said, i really was far from being mentally stable then, just recovering from a pretty disturbing period in life.

-he seemed paranoid and was on some medicines and was also in pain...or at least, that is what he told and i do buy it as being legit.
He always looked out of his window when there was some noise outside and that state of allertness, i do not think that can be faked. Even my dog was not that watchfull.

-His versions of his life story pretty much contain a lot of heavy sh*t in which he was the victim...also he claimed having PTSD.

-at moments he was really emotional incarnate, thing is, looking back, he was pretty strong at arguing in his own way and rationalizing it.

Back to the story though...
After a while(1.5 years) we get a temporarly peaceful period were i tell him and decide that, since he admits having such a problem telling the truth/not knowing the truth himself, i will stop caring about things being real or not.

After a while though he notices how i kinda stopped caring about his history stories, thus he gets mad and it goes back to me threatening his life more then 1.5 years ago.

This o so sh*tty love story is by now almost at its end though, because of what i did at the end.
See, he claimed he was afraid of me bringing in a knife and killing him in his sleep( something which he at moments claimed his last bf did to him) and he could not trust me.
Me being less mental stable but not per se less controversial thus decides to actually bring a knife to his place, never tell him i cary a knife with me when there and only tell him afterwards when i am home trough skype.

So yea...going fast forward, he freaks out, wants to break up, we break up, we still keep contact, he wants a relationship again, i refuse because of my strong principe of never having a love relationship with exes, he gets mad, i block him trough every medium he could contact me.

This is how ever not the last thing i heard of him.
He came back 3 months later when i kinda was over him some more, started becoming chatty trough a fake dating site account.

He asks to add him again on skype, which i refused and then i let him have the last word, we say good night and i pretty much dont log in for 1.5 month.
When thats over, i come back and his account is deleted :D

After that though, i heard him 1 last time about 1 year ago.
By then my father had been dead for almost a year, his dead did not destroy my mental health at all, i had survived 3 year working for an asshole i did not even smash his brains in, thus proved to have some self-control and for me surprising amount of mental strenght.
Thus yea, i pretty much replied in the most friendly yet cold manner i could, he got told both the pet he gave me died of old age and my dad died of cancer( he always claimed i would not be able to handle the latter thing alone)...and that i had more sexual experience and was still single, wished eachother a few goid things in the way 2 strangers talking to eachother on the train would do and we ended that conversation with an intense yet polite argument about(not joking on anything i said in this post, not even this) mil mi 24's effectiveness against ground troups i think i pretty much won because i could tell him something about that helicopter his armor he did not know and i had the last word.

Has not replied....and yea...we are about 1 year further and that account i then used has been deleted for over 6 months ago, so even though looking back those 2 years, even with the honestly plenty of good moments in it were a mistake, i think it has ended in a really good way...and if he ever returns for a chat....meh...don't care but ok, if he really wants to, why not :)

ShadowPerson
  • ShadowPerson

I´m the beast that descends from the shadows.

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 2 weeks ago

I have several crushes but are very straight, zero chances.

Somehow the guys that became my boyfriends eventually regret for their true homosexual nature and thought stop the relation to convert into full time religious people would save them from sodomy and damnation. So had been a couple of years of being terribly alone with just casual sex. So... meh!

• Femme Fatale and Darth Absentis like this

Alpha Demigod
  • Alpha Demigod

• Members
  • Canada
  • Best Closet Brony 2016

Posted 2 weeks ago

Some days I just sit in my room and take the crushing realization in. The world isn't perfect and maybe I'm not meant to have company. Either I'm too ugly or too smelly or just have a personality that no one will ever find attractive. I can distract myself with games and interneting, but eventually maybe the sexual frustration will get so unbearable and I'll be ultra-single and I'll break and see a prostitute just for the feeling of touching a woman.

But it'll be insincere. Before I know it, I'll be 25 and have never had a woman look me in the eye and tell me I am cared for and loved.

I don't want to sound like I'm fishing for sympathy but it strikes me as odd how social ineptness is used as a way to always insult someone, but nothing else really is.

We don't make fun of people who were born blind or have other natural defects programmed into themselves. But being socially inept, and being unable to connect with others since birth is somehow exempt from this rule and will always be ripe-pickings for insult.

I'm not trying to sound like I got my leg blown off in WW2 and deserve sympathy and medals up the ass. It's just odd to me that me we use "hahahahah look at this virgin neckbeard fagit!!" and view these people as circus animals instead of humans that have serious issues which will cripple them for life and are usually no fault of their own.

I don't have anyone who I can talk to directly and say "tell me why I'm single". My "friends" will just say "oh it's not your fault don't worry be happy" and make up some bullsh*t. But I want true answers with no bullsh*t. Maybe there's some social faux-pas I've been doing my entire life. Maybe I'm ugly and don't know it. Maybe I stand too close to people when I talk to them. Maybe I give off the vibe of a serial killer. Who knows.

The only thing keeping me sane is the fact that I've got SOME action. I once did a very drunk make-out and fingered a girl at a rowdy party. But we weren't bf/gf anything. Some might say "hey Alpha D a girl chose to make out with you and let her finger you! That shows she found you attractive and charismatic enough!!!"

But it doesn't count. That girl was piss-drunk on top of being the neighborhood Ho. She'd probably make-out with a dead platypus so her making out with me while drunk isn't really indicative of my quality as a dude on the dating market.

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by gtamann123, 2 weeks ago.

@Alpha Demigod: Dude I know exactly where you are coming from and I feel the same way. But you just have to realize that it's just natural selection. Throughout history those with the most undesirable traits who cant compete with the other more fitter members of their species are unable to pass on their genes and their lineage dies out. And guys like me and you just so happen to be the unlucky ones of our generation who will be unable to attract the opposite sex and will be unable to breed. The sooner you realize it and stop thinking about women and just focus on making your life as good as possible for yourself the better. I know its tough and I still struggle with it every single day. But when you put it into perspective that your Forever Alone status is just the result of the evolutionary process that has shaped the world as we know it you feel a little better.

Leftist Bastard
  • Leftist Bastard

Like tears in rain

• Daily Globe
  • Syria

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Leftist Bastard, 2 weeks ago.

I'm sorry but you guys are just absolutely wallowing in self pity for no real reason at all. Ignoring a completely bastardized version of Darwinism and how any of that actually works; I don't know the details of your particular situations but most people who complain about being ''forever alone'' just don't want to work on improving themselves.

There's nothing stopping you from working out. From taking care of yourself, dressing well, being hygienic. A dressed up 3 is a 6 or a 7, most people aren't born inherently ugly or bad looking; like gtamann i'v seen some of your pictures and you're genuinely not a bad looking dude. At the same time be realistic. Relationships don't start and end with finding the perfect super model to date, be honest with yourself and you'll have much better chances. And despite all that, perhaps you are unfortunate, maybe you've got the biggest f*cking forehead anyone's ever seen or a banged up eye or you're bald at 17. That's not fair, I get that but it's not the end of the line. 

Because above all confidence and being a genuinely pleasing human being to be around is what nets you a relationship. Alpha you mention people treating social ineptness differently to an actual disability and that's because you can improve your social aptitude. You can improve and change the way your carry yourself, your humor, your social skills. A killer joke and just a bit of social awareness can go a long way here. Be passionate about something, have a hobby. A job. Show independence. Those are all desirable qualities in a partner.

Again I don't know all the details of everything going around with your lives. I'm sorry if I sounded mean or rude in any way that was not the intention; but too many people have the ''well guess this is old boy'' mentality when it comes to relationships when it's just a self fulfilling prophecy.

• Eris, Jolly Swagman and Synthol like this

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by gtamann123, 2 weeks ago.

The only girls who are interested in me are ones I have no interest in and are not relationship material. Ugly desperate single moms only looking for a place to stay for the night. Meth addicts with almost no teeth left. Girls with major psychological issues. Anytime I manage to get close to a girl I actually like we talk for a few weeks, Go out a few times and then she just f*cks me and then ghosts never to be seen again. Just using me for some dick and free meals. I'll never find a girl I like who actually likes me and wants a relationship. Not just to use me.

Like the last girl I was seeing in April/May. We texted for about a month and got a long real well. We had a ton in common and could talk pretty much endlessly. We hung out a few times and had a great time everyone we went out. And then I slept with her and the next day was complete radio silence. No replies to any text. No replies at all in Snapchat or anything. Until finally I texted her and just asked for an explanation of what happened. She wrote back and said "you were so sweet and great to hangout with but the timing wasn't right for me" and then went in about how she has "personal issues" that she isn't dealing with very well. I'm pretty much only about 20% sure she's telling the truth. The other 80% thinks it's just bullsh*t and she was just using me.

It's sh*t like that makes me just want to give up on the whole thing altogether. I met the perfect girl for me and still f*cked it up. Just further evidence that im worthless.

Alpha Demigod
  • Alpha Demigod

• Members
  • Canada
  • Best Closet Brony 2016

Posted 2 weeks ago

I'm sorry but you guys are just absolutely wallowing in self pity for no real reason at all. Ignoring a completely bastardized version of Darwinism and how any of that actually works; I don't know the details of your particular situations but most people who complain about being ''forever alone'' just don't want to work on improving themselves.

There's nothing stopping you from working out. From taking care of yourself, dressing well, being hygienic. A dress up 3 is a 6 or a 7, most people aren't born inherently ugly or bad looking; like gtamann i'v seen some of your pictures and you're genuinely not a bad looking dude. At the same time be realistic. Relationships don't start and end with finding the perfect super model to date, be honest with yourself and you'll have much better chances. And despite all that, perhaps you are unfortunate, maybe you've got the biggest f*cking forehead anyone's ever seen or a banged up eye or you're bald at 17. That's not fair, I get that but it's not the end of the line. 

Because above all confidence and being a genuinely pleasing human being to be around is what nets you a relationship. Alpha you mention people treating social ineptness differently to an actual disability and that's because you can improve your social aptitude. You can improve and change the way your carry yourself, your humor, your social skills. A killer joke and just a bit of social awareness can go a long way here. Be passionate about something, have a hobby. A job. Show independence. Those are all desirable qualities in a partner.

Again I don't know all the details of everything going around with your lives. I'm sorry if I sounded mean or rude in any way that was not the intention; but too many people have the ''well guess this is old boy'' mentality when it comes to relationships when it's just a self fulfilling prophecy.

This is an amazing post. I don't want to pelt you with negativity and such, because I truly accept that you are 100% right. And yeah, unless you are officially born with autism or other issues with your biological brain composition nothing is stopping you from socially reconditioning yourself. It's not a disability like being blind or deaf.

I guess I just need to stop being a f*cking deadbeat.

Darth Absentis
  • Darth Absentis

RIP PS3 copy !

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 2 weeks ago

"Improving themselves"...

Agreed that is a fine idea...but the examples though....

Looking good and working out...lol.

Ok, dont expect to date model material if you dont look like model matarial yourself, but yea, unless blatantly looking for fun dates that kind of sh*t should really take a backseat.
Of course basic hygiene and such...though nothing wrong with loving those kind of people if into that, if not doing that slight effort one might be atracting the more "trashy" kind of people.

MuntyJack
  • MuntyJack

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

I was a cheater in all my previous relationship, I am a bad guy

Alpha Demigod
  • Alpha Demigod

• Members
  • Canada
  • Best Closet Brony 2016

Posted 2 weeks ago

I was a cheater in all my previous relationship, I am a bad guy

The fact that you had a relationship and also the skill to attract another partner while in that relationship shows you still have lots and lots of social charisma.

Leftist Bastard
  • Leftist Bastard

Like tears in rain

• Daily Globe
  • Syria

Posted 2 weeks ago

"Improving themselves"...

Agreed that is a fine idea...but the examples though....

Looking good and working out...lol.

Ok, dont expect to date model material if you dont look like model matarial yourself, but yea, unless blatantly looking for fun dates that kind of sh*t should really take a backseat.
Of course basic hygiene and such...though nothing wrong with loving those kind of people if into that, if not doing that slight effort one might be atracting the more "trashy" kind of people.

You're being frankly delusional if you really think looks don't matter in attracting someone. Who you are on the inside trumps all in the end especially when you're building a long lasting emotional connection but attraction tends to start with the physical before evolving into the emotional; and you could be an absolutely wonderful person but if someone isn't attracted to you they just aren't. That's where it starts and ends. 

Everyone can work towards self betterment on both the inside and the outside.

• The Deadite likes this

feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

But it'll be insincere. Before I know it, I'll be 25 and have never had a woman look me in the eye and tell me I am cared for and loved.

IMO no man should be in a serious relationship until after the age of 25. 

Leftist Bastard
  • Leftist Bastard

Like tears in rain

• Daily Globe
  • Syria

Posted 2 weeks ago

Nah I think those teenage sweethearts are pretty important in conditioning you for the future and reality of relationships. Mainly that it doesn't always work out and how to adjust to that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users