Why there's no Liberty statue on III?

4 replies to this topic
AzrylGaming
  • AzrylGaming

AzrylGaming: Homecoming!!

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 23 June 2017 - 06:25 AM

It was New York right???oh yeah... and one thing...is there 9/11 building was crashed by plane(i dont remember the name)

DimitriFaustin
  • DimitriFaustin

Anywhere City Survivor

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 June 2017 - 06:45 AM

The Liberty City seen in III and Liberty City Stories is a loose amalgamation of New York, Boston, Philadelphia and other cities in the Northeast.

A Statue of Liberty parody may very well have been thought of by at least a couple of people at R*, but my guess is good as anyone elses'.

And no, despite the rumours, Rockstar never officially put in a mission where Claude had to make a suicide attack on the Love Media headquarters.

I hope this helps. 

• AzrylGaming likes this

gts.
  • gts.

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 June 2017 - 06:47 AM Edited by gts., 23 June 2017 - 06:48 AM.

Nope, Statue of Liberty neither World Trade Center does exists in GTA III. Just like the blue police vehicles that was removed from the final game, due to the September 11th 2001 terrorist attack (it seems). Maybe DMA Design (at that time) didn't find some joke about the Statue of Liberty to include it into the game, like GTA IV that is Hillary Clinton's face.

AzrylGaming
  • AzrylGaming

AzrylGaming: Homecoming!!

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 23 June 2017 - 06:48 AM

Ok,thanks for help me...

stef_92
  • stef_92

GTA3 Freak

• Members
  • Bulgaria

Posted 05 July 2017 - 09:11 PM

There is a map mod that puts an island with the statue tho. You should check it out: "Miss Liberty"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users