VEHICLE HANDLING/PHYSICS

25 replies to this topic
GRINCH ASS BITCH
  • GRINCH ASS BITCH

u can do whatever u want !!!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 June 2017 - 10:22 PM

I was never a fan of the way vehicles handled in V. Those of you that browsed the forums at the time of the first trailer's release might remember the numerous threads that popped up regarding the seemingly "cartoony" physics displayed during the crash sequence involving the red and blue cars. I personally believe that the series peaked with IV's physics model and I thought that all it needed was a few tweaks to make it 'perfect,' such as the finicky TCS and loss of power while attempting to drift, exaggerated body roll, and floaty feeling that most vehicles had (especially the heavier cars).

On the other hand, IV's physics were also pretty controversial at the time since many players believed they made driving unnecessarily difficult. That being said, what would you guys want out of VI's vehicle handling/physics?

My ideal outcome: Something similar to IV's physics with toggleable TCS/stability management (or it could be a purchasable upgrade at an auto shop :D ) and a feeling of sturdiness that IV's vehicles lacked.

Fuzz_ball
  • Fuzz_ball

Snitch

• Members

Posted 22 June 2017 - 05:07 AM

Take how the cars handle in GTA:V and add in the crashing though the windshield and losing the tires from IV and we'll have it. I never like the boat like driving in IV

• jazzbone likes this

DOUGL4S1
  • DOUGL4S1

Ghetto Star

• Facade Corporation
  • Brazil

Posted 22 June 2017 - 01:23 PM

I was going to complain about the title and your username using all caps lock, but then I remembered mine. That's what I get for nitpicking...

Anyways, I think a mix between IV and V's would be good. The handling from V using a few tweaks taken from IV's, like a slightly softer suspension, less grip and more visual damage, among other things. Oh, and I hope they change that weird cracked paint/plastic from V, it looks like cracked concrete and not something you'd see in a car.

• RedDagger, Payne Killer, DarkSavageDeathlyCloud and 3 others like this

Neon_Dreaming
  • Neon_Dreaming

• Victim of The Pit™
  • None

Posted 22 June 2017 - 02:31 PM

The driving physics of IV tweaked slightly could work pretty well. Less body roll would be my main ask. Regarding vehicle handling, I'd like different classes of vehicles to feel different when driving, and to have their own advantages and disadvantages.

My issue with V's driving is that cars handled very similar to each other despite the differences in models. This lead to Super cars being the ultimate choice, something which becomes pretty obvious if you play online. Obviously Super cars will be a popular choice but they should have their disadvantages too. Bad at off-roading and a learning curve regarding handling for example.

All vehicles should have a purpose, in V Super cars worked as off road vehicles leaving the purchase of an off road vehicle redundant. I realise it may seem that I'm bashing on V, but V brought good things too such as car customization choices.
  • Gr8, Payne Killer, The Deadite and 1 other like this

mariana_dm1989
  • mariana_dm1989

Mari

• Members

Posted 21 July 2017 - 08:25 AM

Driving in gtav with slidey cars cheat activated was amazing. If they took those driving physics and tweaked the traction a bit, so as to make the cars a little less slidey, then that would be a perfect driving experience in a video game.

It's a shame rockstar killed the slidey car cheat. Default vehicle handling feels very juvenile and lacks sophistication.

LeBron.
  • LeBron.

Master of Puppets

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 21 July 2017 - 10:58 AM

Take the boaty physics from GTA IV and apply it to low-end cars.

Take the arcady physics from GTA V and apply it to high-end cars.

Nothing more, nothing less. That's all I want.

Shyabang Shyabang
  • Shyabang Shyabang

Wild Thing

• Members

Posted 21 July 2017 - 03:25 PM

We need rallying physics and a lot of dirt flying:

Zeta87
  • Zeta87

Homie

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 21 July 2017 - 03:29 PM

Like a mod (MiamiViceCity?) once said: 'we wanted to play GTA IV in GTA V', so we want those physics back enterily or partially at least...
  • Algonquin Assassin likes this

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud
  • DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

here is wondering how long a member title actually could be

• BUSTED!
  • Belgium

Posted 25 July 2017 - 07:05 PM

I was going to complain about the title and your username using all caps lock, but then I remembered mine. That's what I get for nitpicking...

Anyways, I think a mix between IV and V's would be good. The handling from V using a few tweaks taken from IV's, like a slightly softer suspension, less grip and more visual damage, among other things. Oh, and I hope they change that weird cracked paint/plastic from V, it looks like cracked concrete and not something you'd see in a car.

Just agreed...I really think 4's car handling is just to stupid to be fun, and the cars honestly make me nearly sea sick seeing the suspension waggle around that much.

Then again, after playing a lot and having such an insane amount of cars by now, cars kinda lost their characters by being to comparable with other cars, if you get what i mean, thus kinda killing character in general.

So yea, i would love seeing things turned up a notch, though honestly, i think the visual damage in gta 5 single players original cars is fun enough already.

It is true though, the new cars just are to strong/durable/lack damage models.

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Australia
  • Best Moderator 2017
    Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 26 July 2017 - 11:13 AM

Whatever R* do I just want the vehicles feel like they have character and aggression like they do in GTA IV.

They can take the Midnight Club: Los Angeles knockoff physics and shove it.
  • Payne Killer likes this

Dee.
  • Dee.

Outlaw

• Yee
  • United-States

Posted 27 July 2017 - 08:49 AM

Just port over GTASA's handling and an evolution of GTA4's damage. Not GTAVs artificial sh*t

SabreGT
  • SabreGT

And the winner by knockout is...!

• BUSTED!
  • England

Posted 27 July 2017 - 09:02 AM Edited by SabreGT7, 27 July 2017 - 09:03 AM.

My dream would be a mixture of IV & Mafia III 

@DeeDogg San Andreas handling is dated as f*ck though.  :blink:

P2FX
  • P2FX

I ain't no hipster.

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 July 2017 - 10:32 AM

Just give us a switch between simulation mode and a toned down 9yo mode so everyone can be happy.

• Zeta87 likes this

Zeta87
  • Zeta87

Homie

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 27 July 2017 - 12:39 PM

Just give us a switch between simulation mode and a toned down 9yo mode so everyone can be happy.

How would that work online? Separated lobbies?

P2FX
  • P2FX

I ain't no hipster.

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 July 2017 - 01:28 AM

How would that work online? Separated lobbies?

they could make it like controller vs mouse

TheCzar
  • TheCzar

Comply or Die

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 July 2017 - 11:50 AM

Personally, I love the handling in IV. Once you get used to it, you can drive very well and it feels more realisitc. Learning to use the handbreak when going around corners is crucial. V was far too cartoon-like.

• Zeta87 and Payne Killer like this

Dee.
  • Dee.

Outlaw

• Yee
  • United-States

Posted 28 July 2017 - 12:30 PM

My dream would be a mixture of IV & Mafia III 

Just port it over and modernize it to make it feel fresh. The learning curve was perfect in GTASA

jazzbone
  • jazzbone

Hustler

• Members

Posted 30 July 2017 - 09:08 AM Edited by jazzbone, 30 July 2017 - 09:09 AM.

Gta 6 single player should offer 2 choices for handling. Most people then would be able to have driving as they wish. Mayby online could offer a slidey car lobby or include it in the non auto aim lobby.

Gta 5 is my favorite vehicle handling in any open world game. I also like the handling in Mafia 2 and 3. Overall it is lots of fun in driving fast and furious in the gta 5 map. While that may be arcady and unrealistic i prefer it to the unrealistic handling in gta 4 with all the body roll and often non existence of rear traction. The chase and race sequences in gta 4 are horrible to nightmare with vehicles on rail vs me in a slidey car/motorcycle.

Maybe R* can create a one size fits all vehicle handling that pleases all but , at least in sp, i think 2 options may be needed.

Kipsta
  • Kipsta

Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 30 July 2017 - 10:38 AM

Between IV's and V's.

• Zeta87 likes this

Gummy 
  • Gummy 

F*ck thyself

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 July 2017 - 10:42 AM

Between IV's and V's. But I think one of the games that gets vehicle physics in a open world crime game right is Driver Parallel Lines and San Francisco. 

Pedinhuh
  • Pedinhuh

Get down on it!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 30 July 2017 - 08:06 PM

Between IV's and V's. But I think one of the games that gets vehicle physics in a open world crime game right is Driver Parallel Lines and San Francisco. 

This.

Only thing Parallel Lines got it wrong were the lack of drivetrains layouts besides RWD.

Johnny Spaz
  • Johnny Spaz

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 August 2017 - 12:50 AM

Bring back GTA IV's handling, or improve on it.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

You got any Whiskey in there, hello?

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 03 August 2017 - 09:18 AM Edited by B Dawg, 03 August 2017 - 09:34 AM.

What exactly is dated about it? It actually looks and feels better than V handling. No driving assists and arguably better physics (they totally screwed those up with V, especially with motorcycles). I'd call pre-SA GTAs handling outdated.

I'm suprised nobody's done an in-depth comparison between the two, would be easy to compare with mods such as V2SAxIV2SA to make the comparisons as accurate as possible. Cars (sports, muscle, sedans, suvs), Offroaders, Trucks, Motorcycles (sports bikes, dirt bikes, choppers/cruisers)

You forgot Mafia 1 and 2, and maybe 3 too (didn't really play it much)

X-Vector
  • X-Vector

Knight Who Says Nay

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 03 August 2017 - 09:39 AM

I'd like something similar to GTA IV/EFLC with Killatomate's Realistic Driving mod (his GTA V mod is nice as well, but more limited by the restrictions of the base game).

Vanilla V's cars feel like they're turning on a central pivot and have far too much grip; Rockstar probably overcompensated for the criticism it received concerning IV's "boat-like" driving model.

• B Dawg and Pedinhuh like this

Piggsy pls
  • Piggsy pls

pls

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 August 2017 - 03:12 PM

I don't really remember how SA's driving physics were, but I do remember cars would come to a near complete stop when running over a ped, I don't ever wanna see that bs in a GTA game again.

Other than that though I'll confess I don't care much whether the driving style is acardey or realistic. Maybe have an option for both like Mafia III.

KingAJ032304
  • KingAJ032304

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 December 2017 - 08:47 PM

Take how the cars handle in GTA:V and add in the crashing though the windshield and losing the tires from IV and we'll have it. I never like the boat like driving in IV

Both of those already happens!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlDMyNwd3Ig

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users