fashion
  • fashion

ಠ_ರೃ

• Members
  • Mars
  • Most Desperate For a Ban 2017

Posted 13 December 2017 - 07:05 AM

I just wanted the jetpack.

It's not enough to just buy it for 3,7 million. You need to have another one of those sh*tty bases and a mobile operations center. Add the upgrades on top of that and congratulations, you managed to get the jetpack with a megalodon 75$ shark card.

I've played the update on my main, clean account where I can't afford anything and my bro's moddes account that ran out of mod money and can't afford the jetpack unless he sells a fleet of cars.

The new bunker thing looks very lackluster from the inside, the ugliest interior in the game. Very low effort and unnecessarily large.

Richard Power Colt
  • Richard Power Colt

What doth LIFE Life life?

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 December 2017 - 10:04 AM Edited by Richard Power Colt, 13 December 2017 - 10:11 AM.

That idea of you must pay certain amount of money before doing the thing to get some money already happened since long ago.

Doing a contact mission costs you around $250, if I'm not wrong. But it's subtle and people don't pay attention to it. The severe version of that was brought to Heist. The team leader won't make as much money because the payout can only roughly cover the upfront setup money. And in case of greedy team members, the team leader may not even get money after the Heist, less even. But this is not being brought up because I notice a lot of players, both the Heist leader and the members can't do simple math. A lot of people think 25% for everyone = balance/fair/equal, while it's not.

Not only that, as we all know, they charge another amount of money every in-game day for bills. And that will add on to this discussion topic. When you buy a cash card, the game will consume it slowly back 0 for your stay in the game and it's a fact of how the game functions here regardless of having bought a cash card or not.

You also have to own a high end apartment in order to play the old heists tho at least those aren't as expensive as the bunkers and a lot of people owned one before the heists update even came out. Making money in the game has been pretty frustrating for a long time now, but it wasn't until a few updates ago that I pretty much gave up on this game and stopped trying to grind for any of the new stuff. All the free mode delivery missions are pretty much unplayable in populated sessions with the insane amount of griefing tools that are available for wealthy players now and getting to an empty session requires some hassle and it's just incredibly slow and boring to simply drive/fly back and forth around the map(the payouts are also lower in empty sessions).

At this point the only way I could see myself coming back to make some money in this game is if I found some good modding tool for it, I don't even care if I get banned anymore. 

feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 December 2017 - 07:10 PM

-Captain-
  • -Captain-

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 13 December 2017 - 07:29 PM Edited by -Captain-, 13 December 2017 - 07:30 PM.

You know I was kinda excited to play the new GTA Online heists, but obviously R* just puts them behind another big f*cking paywall.

Broughy sums up pretty well how bullsh*t this update is:

It's not really big news or anything since the last few updates have been awful cash grabs as well, but god damn it's such a shame, because more heists is what the community has been asking for so long.

If they try to pull this sh*t with Red Dead 2 then I hope there's another giant backlash like with Battlefront 2. I really don't want this sh*t to keep tainting games that could otherwise be really good.

It really is all designed around the idea to get people paying as much as people. It might be their first game like this, but they have been at it since what 2013? Surely they must have learned something by now or took a look at the feedback they get? It's disgusting, but I can't blame them. This apparently is something that people like to spend money on.

luisniko
  • luisniko

Very Nice Mayor at Cities Skylines

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 December 2017 - 03:25 AM

Saw this in my PS Store. Rockstar finally make a starter pack for GTA Online. It's called The Criminal Enterprise Starter Pack. Costs approximately USD40.

Description:

The Criminal Enterprise Starter Pack is the fastest way for new GTA Online players to jumpstart their criminal empires. Do not purchase if you already own the Criminal Enterprise Starter Pack.

Get access to a huge range of the most exciting content in GTA Online. In addition, you’ll get GTA$1,000,000 along with powerful weapons, all to help launch your reign over Los Santos and Blaine County.

GTA$1,000,000 Bonus Cash

Properties:
- Maze Bank West Executive Office
- Paleto Forest Gunrunning Bunker
- Senora Desert Counterfeit Cash Factory
- Great Chaparral Biker Clubhouse B2
- 1561 San Vitas Street Apartment
- 1337 Exceptionalists Way 10 Car Garage

Vehicles:
- Dune FAV
- Maibatsu Frogger
- Enus Windsor
- Obey Omnis
- Coquette Classic
- Turismo R
- Pegassi Vortex
- Huntley S
- Western Zombie Chopper
- Banshee

Weapons, Clothing & Tattoos:
- Compact Grenade Launcher
- Marksman Rifle
- Compact Rife
- Stunt Race & Import / Export Outfits, Biker Tattoos

Is this The Guy?
  • Is this The Guy?

I'm the king of the world

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 December 2017 - 04:20 AM Edited by That Guy There, 14 December 2017 - 05:49 AM.

I was amazed how much in game money I spent when the gunrunning update came out. I was like man theres no way Im going to make any of this back.

I quit playing gtao completely when they started with that drip feeding crap though

FrikkenZz
  • FrikkenZz

Deputy City Manager - PBMO

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • Norway
  • Mister Los Santos 2016 Runner-Up
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016
    Contribution Award [Snapmatic Competition]
    14K Doggo/Catto-Chop Winner 2017

Posted 14 December 2017 - 11:11 AM

Great post and thread Dagger! Im sad that I havent seen this before.

Saw this in my PS Store. Rockstar finally make a starter pack for GTA Online.

So basically you get much outdated stuff and still have to grind alot to get any new things. At least they give you some ways to earn tho.

Giantsgiants
  • Giantsgiants

Boss

• Members
  • Mauritius

Posted 25 December 2017 - 04:27 AM

Time and time again, I keep coming back to this thread. This is definitely one of the greatest threads to ever appear on this forum.

Anyone who believes that microtransactions are optional, whether it's on GTA Forums or elsewhere, whether it's regarding GTA Online or another game, should be directed to this thread.

• ClaudeSpeed1911, thehambone and Arrows to Athens like this

anubis.
  • anubis.

nihil timendum est

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Australia

Posted 25 December 2017 - 07:24 PM

Man I just treat this sh*t like I treat the annoying ads that try to force you to watch 'em. I literally just cut off my attention completely to the point where it doesn't even register to me as something that exists. This is very satisfying to me knowing that they're blowing their money on some sh*t and I can just pay zero attention to it hahaha.

f*ck EA, f*ck Activision, f*ck Ubisoft and if the next GTA's single player is compromised yet again for multiplayer, f*ck Rockstar too.

• Tchuck and Arrows to Athens like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users