12 replies to this topic
dgerov
  • dgerov

gtaforums.com - helping the poor people fix their games since ne

• Members
  • Bulgaria

Posted 19 June 2017 - 02:10 PM

Hello,
I saw that GTA V is cheap on GMG but it is from Social Club not Steam. Which is better as a platform - Social Club or Steam. I know that you need sc on both but I have read that there are some problems with the game when it is bought from social club. I need your suggestions and explainings why.

Tomasak
  • Tomasak

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Spam Commando 2017
    Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]

Posted 19 June 2017 - 03:19 PM

Both can be downloaded digitally and have file verification.
RGSC has achievements thru RGSC
Steam thru steam
Both uses RGSC to join to friends session (+ steam also uses steam to join to friend session)

Steam version tracks your play time.

That's about all.

dgerov
  • dgerov

gtaforums.com - helping the poor people fix their games since ne

• Members
  • Bulgaria

Posted 19 June 2017 - 04:15 PM

Steam thru steam
Both uses RGSC to join to friends session (+ steam also uses steam to join to friend session)

That's about all.

So there is no difference?

Tomasak
  • Tomasak

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Spam Commando 2017

Posted 19 June 2017 - 04:17 PM

No, i have RGSC version since launch and no problems so far.

Great Britain
  • Great Britain

Dieu et mon droit

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 June 2017 - 05:05 PM

I have the RGSC version as well, works as good as steam. 

Plage
  • Plage

Self Medicated

• Members
  • Nepal

Posted 19 June 2017 - 05:09 PM

I've the DVD version. I've no problems and I'm actually happy that I don't have to use Steam.

raburs
  • raburs

Imperialist

• Facade Corporation
  • United-Nations
  • Contribution Award [Snapmatic Competition]

Posted 19 June 2017 - 07:25 PM

Steam thru steam
That's about all.

Perfectly explained. +1

Kerimbjk
  • Kerimbjk

Hello there!

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 19 June 2017 - 07:52 PM Edited by Kerimbjk, 19 June 2017 - 07:52 PM.

GTA V will also be cheap with Steam summer sale and since it's almost summer, the sale is around the corner waiting for your money.

HaRdSTyLe_83
  • HaRdSTyLe_83

☆★RIP Open IV★☆

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 20 June 2017 - 11:14 AM

buy it on steam, if you dont like it or underperforms on your pc you can always ask for your money back (if you didnt played it more then 2 hours)

Legomanarthur
  • Legomanarthur

We all want peace! But my peace, not their f*cking peace

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 20 June 2017 - 12:04 PM

Take the Steam version, at least there you can use the Steam overlay and browse the internet for various stuff such as item locations and whatnot. I have the RGSC version and I can't minimize the game otherwise my PC will overheat.

ACM-Jan
  • ACM-Jan

Usually helpful, BUT very defensive upon disrespect

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 20 June 2017 - 03:41 PM Edited by ACM-Jan, 20 June 2017 - 03:43 PM.

Take the Steam version, at least there you can use the Steam overlay and browse the internet for various stuff such as item locations and whatnot. I have the RGSC version and I can't minimize the game otherwise my PC will overheat.

that is not possible, i got very minimum pc for that game and i can very easily leave google chrome open and alt-tab into there to browse the web and look up all the stuff i need or look at online guide or map once in a while, losing only little fps and its still playable, no overheating whatsoever!

it's a pentium dualcore , 4gb ram and gtx 750ti and playing mostly high settings DVD version 40+ fps atleast, even online while doing the same!

HaRdSTyLe_83
  • HaRdSTyLe_83

☆★RIP Open IV★☆

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 20 June 2017 - 04:34 PM Edited by HaRdSTyLe_83, 20 June 2017 - 04:36 PM.

that is not possible, i got very minimum pc for that game and i can very easily leave google chrome open and alt-tab into there to browse the web and look up all the stuff i need or look at online guide or map once in a while, losing only little fps and its still playable, no overheating whatsoever!

it's a pentium dualcore , 4gb ram and gtx 750ti and playing mostly high settings DVD version 40+ fps atleast, even online while doing the same!

i only have the Steam version so i can only speak for that and when you Alt tab the Gpu drops to 139Mhz and temperatures drop as the game had been paused, if the R* version dont do that it can lead to overheat if you alt tab to do something else, but to be honest if that is the case, then you are already pushing the thermals very high if just using a browser can push you over the limit.

edit: i also have a pc with a dual core + gtx750 and that is hardly the minimum for the game

Tomasak
  • Tomasak

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Spam Commando 2017

Posted 20 June 2017 - 04:44 PM

Take the Steam version, at least there you can use the Steam overlay and browse the internet for various stuff such as item locations and whatnot.

U can add RGSC as non steam game and launch it thru steam and enjoy steam overlay on RGSC.

Also for how much will you buy the non RGSC? As someone mentioned here, summer sales are near by and you can buy steam version for 30€ there (https://steamdb.info/app/271590/)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users