Photo

Attn. forum veterans. Who's still here?

60 replies to this topic
Kippers
  • Kippers

しようがない

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Kippers, 4 weeks ago.

Hey, I remember you Ya Mum. I don't think we ever spoke, but I saw you around a lot.

I'm surprised it was 5 years ago you were request-banned. Feels like I've seen the name more recently.  But everything blends together when you've been here for so long. 

Slynke
  • Slynke

"Forum Cool Guy"

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Mars

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Slynke, 4 weeks ago.

... But everything blends together when you've been here for so long. 

Oct 2004?! San Andreas Noob! d:

• Daz, Tchuck, Kippers and 1 other like this

Dup
  • Dup

Retired Lurker

• Feroci
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 weeks ago

I remember when we had post counts and Karma.

• Daz, El Diablo, Davo the Assassin and 1 other like this

Blind Joe Death
  • Blind Joe Death

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Blind Joe Death, 4 weeks ago.

Slamman got a job!

240px-Donald_Trump_swearing_in_ceremony.

And welcome back, and all that. I've been doing the same, you'll quickly realize this place never changes... just the usernames lol

Ha! Well, I'm glad he's doing well for himself. I never knew Trump was a metalhead.

Thanks for the homecoming comments. The place really hasn't changed much, besides becoming more like facebook with its notifications and liking of posts.

Hey, I remember you Ya Mum. I don't think we ever spoke, but I saw you around a lot.

I'm surprised it was 5 years ago you were request-banned. Feels like I've seen the name more recently.  But everything blends together when you've been here for so long. 

Hey Kippers, I remember seeing your name around. You were quite the funny guy, if my memory serves me well.

I don't want to alarm you any more, but it's actually been 7 years since I was request-banned. Time flies...

Yes, I remember when they decided to ditch those sparkling gold stars under everybody's flag. I think I had three before I was stripped bare. Bastards.

Dup
  • Dup

Retired Lurker

• Feroci
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 weeks ago

Yes, I remember when they decided to ditch those sparkling gold stars under everybody's flag. I think I had three before I was stripped bare. Bastards.

I'm pretty sure mine were converted to commendations or I at least had one or two. Seem to have disappeared.

I caused enough juvenile trouble back then though, I had plenty of telling offs. I had admin access to the forum at one point and moderated some sub-forums. Good times. I'm 32 this week :blink:

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THAT'S NOT THE PROBLEM, WILLY!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 4 weeks ago

I've been here since 2011.

Not as old as some but not as young as others either.

Davo the Assassin
  • Davo the Assassin

Andolini Mafia Family - Blood is thicker than Water

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Davo the Assassin, 4 weeks ago.

If you don't remember The Pit you're not a old timer.

*Edit: Or Demarest.  

• EmSixTeen, Slynke, GTA3Rockstar and 7 others like this

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Lifetime Achievement Award
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by GTA3Rockstar, 4 weeks ago.

Thanks for the comment Voodoo; I'll consider it flattering, despite the obvious sarcasm. I do remember you and your witty, elitist comments, a la The Precinct crew and staffing team.

Scrolling through recent activity, there's not many familiar names anymore. I've spotted GTA3Rockstar, Banana, Mister Pink, Typhus...

Is crazy old slamman still around, spewing rambling posts?

@jrl51592: I no longer own a console, nor spend much time on forums in general. This place was very entertaining to visit through my high school years, I look back on it fondly. It's funny thinking back on all that went on — gangs, respect lists, mIRC, etc.

;)

• Blind Joe Death likes this

Slynke
  • Slynke

"Forum Cool Guy"

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Mars

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Slynke, 3 weeks ago.

If you don't remember The Pit you're not a old timer.

*Edit: Or Demarest.  

*The Pit™

Those were dark days lol 

• Davo the Assassin and Melchior like this

Melchior
  • Melchior

• The Connection
  • Vietnam

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Melchior, 2 weeks ago.

XN22 (Jake, are you still alive?)

hahah I'm hearing so many old names today! Man there were some maniacs on here. 

Jake is long gone, as far as I know. The only person I can think of who might be able to reach him is SagaciousKJB. 

I move we bring The Pit™ back once a year like that movie, The Purge. Also move all D&D threads into there for the day.

• RedDagger and Tacymist like this

EmSixTeen
  • EmSixTeen

Godfather

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Ireland

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by EmSixTeen, 2 weeks ago.

I'm guessing the meets we used to run every year died a death when Gem and I stopped doing it?

• Slynke likes this

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

.Retro mod developer. (Xenon Brothers)

• Feroci
  • Mars
  • Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by X-Seti, 2 weeks ago.

I started out here as Shapes or Shapeshifter (I can't remember which) around the time (gtamodding) started on another version of the boards.

I liked the old theme that was used for gta3.com (October 2001?) and later gtavice.com.

Back then I didn't have the right feel for the community like I do now as I was a lot younger and had a short time span. I mostly modded the sh*t out of C&C Red Alert2, Delta Force Land Worrier and a number of Commodore Amiga Titles. 

Slynke
  • Slynke

"Forum Cool Guy"

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Mars

Posted 2 weeks ago

I'm guessing the meets we used to run every year died a death when Gem and I stopped doing it?

I was always jealous of you euros getting the chance to meet up and act like fools. Seemed like a good time lol

• Davo the Assassin likes this

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

I've been here since 2008. So I guess that makes me an old vet relatively speaking

EmSixTeen
  • EmSixTeen

Godfather

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Ireland

Posted 2 weeks ago

I was always jealous of you euros getting the chance to meet up and act like fools. Seemed like a good time lol

To be fair, Mikal/Chunky Lee Chong is from the US and managed to get to the first one :D

• Slynke likes this

Potato Boggle
  • Potato Boggle

Formerly ozzman1

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

Hmm I almost forgot this place existed, I'm surprised I even remembered my login stuff.

I use to be ozzman1 but I apparently changed it at some point, never really posted much though.

Is good ol' slammy still around?

Maxxi
  • Maxxi

Guardian of the Light

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

Hmm I almost forgot this place existed, I'm surprised I even remembered my login stuff.

I use to be ozzman1 but I apparently changed it at some point, never really posted much though.

Is good ol' slammy still around?

nah he actually got a life from what everyone is saying

Piperka
  • Piperka

Big Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Australia

Posted 2 weeks ago

Ya Mum! I definitely remember you!

You might remember me by macorules94 back 10 years ago. Welcome back

Will Lorenzo Cooper
  • Will Lorenzo Cooper

Basic Video Editor for Grand Theft Auto

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago

The only veteran I just about remember in is Lilweasel. I was just a guest here in 06-07 for a few times, finding out that sh*t was about to down in SanAndreas, there were bodybags, leatherface, photoshopped bigfoot, pigsy, ufos, some fake crap and the scary x files theme running in the youtube video background.

rastakilla
  • rastakilla

OG on the Scene

• Members

Posted 2 weeks ago

I still check on a few threads here from time to time....

I miss the GTA1/2 Gouranga/GTAZZ days though.

Community was alot more mature and had more integrity also.

Hullian111
  • Hullian111

Humberside County

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago

Well, maybe not a veteran of sorts, but I used to have an account. That used my first name, and that was back when I was watching Teen Wolf...two years ago. I'm not linking for privacy, but it didn't go well - I necroed a thread about 'El Sondito', and got that locked, and managed to annoy pretty much everyone with my pop culture references. I think I only made two posts before I fled back to ModTheSims.info.

Then some time this year, I fire up the slow-as-balls, 32-bit for some reason, gaming computer, and wipe my GTAãłł history from it. I try modding GTA SA, but it breaks. So then I asked for help, which remained unsuccesful, and then I try GTA IV. I fix that, and the rest, as they say, is history.

Carbonox
  • Carbonox

Too weird to live but much too rare to die

• Daily Globe
  • Finland

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Carbonox, 2 weeks ago.

The only veteran I just about remember in is Lilweasel. I was just a guest here in 06-07 for a few times, finding out that sh*t was about to down in SanAndreas, there were bodybags, leatherface, photoshopped bigfoot, pigsy, ufos, some fake crap and the scary x files theme running in the youtube video background.

I used to lurk around the same time as well, browsing through all the interesting threads about glitches and weird discoveries in the PS2 era. Crazy that it's been pretty much 10 years since then.

I don't remember a ton of the names that regularly posted around that time, though. Not yet being part of the community does that. The likes of Demarest, lil weasel, GTA_Loco, pdescobar and EdisonCarter with his cheat device come to mind though as some of the experts of the series from that era.

Some things about the modern days do make me feel old with my 2011 join date. Like WTF, Raavi only joined nearly a year after me?

EmSixTeen
  • EmSixTeen

Godfather

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Ireland

Posted 2 weeks ago

The Internet in general was just less 'hurr durr' than it is now.
  • Daz and Voodoo like this

Dup
  • Dup

Retired Lurker

• Feroci
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago

I turned up at one at Blackpool for a couple hours. Went on the Big One next to Svip, haha.

Did you have the same name on GTAzz/Gouranga? Things were different back then, the internet wasn't all that accessible for most so the quality of users was much higher, even though we were mostly young uns. Good times, good good times.

EmSixTeen
  • EmSixTeen

Godfather

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Ireland

Posted A week ago

I turned up at one at Blackpool for a couple hours. Went on the Big One next to Svip, haha.

Aye I mind, I have a whole heap of photos from then, including with yerself!

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

I've been visiting here for some time now. 2009/10 I dunno if that counts as an oldie. I don't think I've posted much that would be notable, mostly some bullsh*t thoughts and testing myself a little against strangers on the net without shame.
My name used to be finn4life. Maybe I'll change it back. This name is pretty horrible too haha.

EmSixTeen
  • EmSixTeen

Godfather

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Ireland

Posted A week ago

tbf I mind the name finn4life, and there was me thinking I didn't really visit around then. Shrug.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None
  • Best Poster [Gaming] 2016
    Best Poster [Gaming] 2015
    Best Poster [Gaming] 2014

Posted A week ago

10 years ago isn't old.

• Slynke, El Diablo, Voodoo and 1 other like this

Blind Joe Death
  • Blind Joe Death

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago Edited by Blind Joe Death, A week ago.

XN22 (Jake, are you still alive?)

hahah I'm hearing so many old names today! Man there were some maniacs on here. 

Jake is long gone, as far as I know. The only person I can think of who might be able to reach him is SagaciousKJB.

Poor Jake, I hope he's doing well; he seemed to have carved out a pretty dark existence for himself. I recall him scoffing at gtaforums whilst continually recreating new accounts before being re-banned time and time again. He was a pretty cool guy though — great taste in music, film, etc.

I think I recall Otto rekindling it?

Depends what you mean by "good time", but what happens on tour stays on tour.

10 years ago isn't old.

Well, age before beauty.

Dup
  • Dup

Retired Lurker

• Feroci
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago

10 years ago isn't old.

It's almost 10 years since my last infraction on here. I'm slacking!

• Daz likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users