Photo

Keep Attention On Programming

5 replies to this topic
Inan-Ahammad
  • Inan-Ahammad

Project Props - Mapper

• Members
  • Bangladesh

Posted 18 June 2017 - 07:04 PM Edited by inan.ahammad, 18 June 2017 - 07:04 PM.

Hello guys.I am just a kid of 14 years on 8th grade.I am vwry interested in computer.So i started to learn about GTA games when i was 11.Now 2 years have passed i can do a lot from the orginal game but still suffering on the coding part.I already started learning #C in Code Blocks.I started very well.But i had some problems..in the using of for & while tag.I eman i know there usage but when i try to make up a program by my self i make the program but i cant identify​ when i can use them?Now learning fuction.It seems very easy to me. but cause of the problems i had with for and while tag...after some time i lose my attention to programming and my mi d just flows away to other things...Like TV show,Persons etc...but cant focus on the coding..but i want to be a programmer...so i really try my best to lear n cosing but after testing 2 or 3 programs..i get tired some how...Like its just 9 Pm...i opened my computer...I usually sellp at 1 but when i start coding i get bored....and lost my attention..and if i just go to bed for anyhow..i fall asleep...So can anyone suggest a way how can i keep my full attention on coding?
Thanks.

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]
    Contribution Award [Gen Chat]
    Contribution Award [GTAF Census]
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 18 June 2017 - 07:17 PM

Start very(very very) small. Make small little programs that don't do much but are a complete project by the end.

My first ever program was a coin flipper. You hit space bar and either "heads" or "tails" was displayed on the screen. It was a very rewarding program and I felt accomplished. I was able to expand on it to where it kept stats and all.

I wrote that little program in 1979. And now I'm a programmer in real life.

Write a program for "yourself".
  • ShinobiOne87, Furry_Monkey and GN 1992 like this

ShinobiOne87
  • ShinobiOne87

f*cking Lurker

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 June 2017 - 04:49 PM

Start very(very very) small. Make small little programs that don't do much but are a complete project by the end.

My first ever program was a coin flipper. You hit space bar and either "heads" or "tails" was displayed on the screen. It was a very rewarding program and I felt accomplished. I was able to expand on it to where it kept stats and all.

I appreciate this post.

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 July 2017 - 07:28 PM

Are you me, from another country?

• trip likes this

Inan-Ahammad
  • Inan-Ahammad

Project Props - Mapper

• Members
  • Bangladesh

Posted 31 July 2017 - 05:28 PM

Thanks bro.Really helpedbut thinking of moving to #C++ cause of my main target is Joining a Video Game developer Company.So C++ should be best for me.

K^2
  • K^2

Vidi Vici Veni

• United-States
  • Best Poster [Technology / Programming] 2016
    Best Poster [Programming] 2015
    Most Knowledgeable [Web Development/Programming] 2013
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2011
    Best Debater 2010

Posted 01 August 2017 - 07:07 AM

Yes, C++ is the industry standard. Other languages are used, but that's the core.

Also, keep in mind that most companies are heavily moving towards C++11 or newer, so if you are learning it from scratch, you should try and find books and/or tutorials that are based around C++11 or C++14. Understanding old style C++ and even C are still helpful, however.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users