Quantcast

» «
Photo

Is there a way to disable random invites or prevent contacts from calling you?

3 replies to this topic
jabbahut
  • jabbahut

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 6 days ago

Is there? It's gets annoying when I'm trying to concentrate on what I'm doing. Or am I just stuck with it because that's how the online game is designed?

There are times when I do a particular mission or race, & I invite people either in the lobby I'm in, or by matching similar skills, & when I try to invite them, "inviting" or "invited" never appears by their name like is does with others. What's that all about? (I thought maybe they prevented invites somehow.)

I suppose it's possible to accomplish this by configuring my router or Windows default firewall, but I wouldn't know how and this would possibly mean my friends wouldn't be able to connect to me, I guess.

HalfOfAKebab
  • HalfOfAKebab

Help & Support

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 6 days ago

There's no intended way, unfortunately. I don't know why Rockstar thought it would be a good idea for someone with 4,000 hours to get calls informing them that missions exist.
  • KWF1981 likes this

Gaffa™
  • Gaffa™

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 6 days ago Edited by Gaffa™, 6 days ago.

No, the only things you can do are: 

Turn off the phone's ringtone. 

Turn off the phone's invitation sound. 

Go into your game settings, and under notifications, turn everything off and set it to the highest amount of delay. 

smurfynz
  • smurfynz

Hayer Plater

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 6 days ago

Is there? ...

I suppose it's possible to accomplish this by configuring my router or Windows default firewall, but I wouldn't know how and this would possibly mean my friends wouldn't be able to connect to me, I guess.

Yes, Windows firewall blockage stops random player invites but does not stop contact text invites (Martin's Adversary Mode bullexcrement) or contact phone calls (No Brucie, I don't want your supplements, thanks). Downside as you state, it also stops friendly in-game comms.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users