Xbox One - Empty Solo Lobby (1.40)

39 replies to this topic
sonofkorol
  • sonofkorol

Rat

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 3 weeks ago

None of these methods have worked. Everything boots me to singleplayer.

bulldog385
  • bulldog385

Truck Enthusiast

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

I got split up from a 20+ player public session earlier this evening, I got the Usual all players Left Message, but recieved messages about Bad Sports Points, Mental state going up notice, and a 2 Star wanted level all at once. I wasn't even griefing either. I was sitting hovering around Sandy Shores Airfield in my Hydra about 12 inches off the Ground (Man I really want a Hovercraft in game .. I Miss the GTA SA version of the Vortex...) all the while in Passive Mode not bothering anyone.

I made a recording just in case for Backup.

jakswan
  • jakswan

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

@tommy: You're doing the "old" wifi method. The "new" is going offline and back online in Network settings (not plugged in yet, you should be on wifi!) BEFORE starting GTA. Then boot up GTA, go to story mode, join public session and then once in the lobby (loaded in from the sky and you're controlling your character) just plug the ethernet wire back in! Let me know if that works, mate.

As for MTU when people mention MTU it usually means PS4 and its ability to tweak it from there rather than going into your actual modem.

@jak: I'll stick with free but for those that can spare money and can't get this to work definitely a good suggestion! Wow, just checked and Amazon has some used for $40. That's a bit steep just to get a solo lobby...

Its not just to get a solo lobby you do get a better connection.

Other ways that work:-

1) Connect by tethering to your phone, turn off and then on data roaming.

2) Not got a 4g phone 3g struggles to connect to others but enough bandwidth to start your own lobby.

3) A friend unplugs his router for five seconds

Very short-sighted of RS, there are millions of players that are gagging for single player content, if R* embraced them by tweaking on-line their shark card sales would explode.

UNRULYWOE
  • UNRULYWOE

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

Tried the Wi-Fi method several times today. Just get kicked back to story mode everytime. Then GTA tells me I need to sign into xbox live. Which I am signed in but GTA won't recognize that. So I'm forced to restart xbox everytime now. I think the Wi-Fi method is done for xbox.

Guess I'll wait on my girlfriend to get home to try the friend method now.

UNRULYWOE
  • UNRULYWOE

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by UNRULYWOE, 2 weeks ago.

Ok I believe the friend method is patched now too. When they send a invite it tells them I'm busy and I can't join through party eitheir. I'm on XB1.

Trav741
  • Trav741

Crackhead

• Members
  • Australia

Posted A week ago Edited by Trav741, A week ago.

What works for me 100% every time is just pull the internet cable that connects from your router to you internet outlet box and leave it unplugged for 5 seconds and plug start in and about 30 seconds to a minute it will say everyone left but make sure you not in and building like stand on the street while you do it

UNRULYWOE
  • UNRULYWOE

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

^ I'll try that tomorrow. I did find a video on YouTube that came out 3 days ago for a new method to get solo lobby. Got to invite friend to a mission while they're in creator now. They quit and end up in a solo lobby then you join the lobby they're in.

livejoker
  • livejoker

October 1st

• Van Society
  • None
  • Funniest Member 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016
    14K Doggo/Catto-Chop Winner 2017

Posted A week ago

I would say that the wifi method still works but I haven't fired up my X1 in over a week and a half and even if I did it seems many have issues with this method. For me, it's been a sure-way of getting an empty sesh. Sorry guys, seems it doesn't work for everyone. Congrats to those that it does work for!

I'll still stand by that R* cannot fix wifi method (at least in my case?). I don't see how they could fix what is basically a lag switch type of deal. If they fixed that then poor internet players that lag would be constantly kicked for having a sketchy connection (which HAS happened before but it was due to the sh*tty R* servers back in the day).

• Nossirag likes this

BurnxOne89
  • BurnxOne89

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 days ago

It worked for me! Thanks man
  • livejoker likes this

nascar241993
  • nascar241993

Pilot