• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic
Pro_CopperTail
  • Pro_CopperTail

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 June 2017 - 05:09 PM

I was just wondering what will happen now that OpenIV is done. Can you still download the current version from somewhere else online, will an alternative rise up? What are your thoughts?

Recon_Ghoster
  • Recon_Ghoster

Player Hater

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 15 June 2017 - 05:18 PM

Well just checked on Gta5 mods com and that download still works some how....

• Mercury Reborn likes this

Pro_CopperTail
  • Pro_CopperTail

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 June 2017 - 05:59 PM

I feel like Take-Two isn't going to stop anything, all it's going to do is agitate and anger their fan/player base lol

• nkjellman and Mercury Reborn like this

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 June 2017 - 09:22 PM

I feel like Take-Two isn't going to stop anything, all it's going to do is agitate and anger their fan/player base lol
There isn't anything they can do since OpenIV is hosted from Russia. They just wanted to scare them and it worked.
  • Mercury Reborn and R12T86 like this

Lamborghini1335
  • Lamborghini1335

Come and get me...

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 16 June 2017 - 12:41 AM

Here's Rockstar's take on the mess (link http://www.pcgamer.c...uffer_pcgamerfb )(Notice I said Rockstar (I should say Cockstar based on other things but that's not the point)not TTI.)

In the post I linked they said it was about blocking openiv from interfering with GTAO which to most if not all of us would assume is a load of sh*t considering it doesn't do that.. or at least for the most part. Anyways I still want to hear from TTI about this before I see a Steam release for RDR2 in which I will make a call on whether to buy that or not, but for the most part I'll skip.

• Mercury Reborn likes this

wootwoots
  • wootwoots

Snitch

• Members

Posted 17 June 2017 - 11:37 PM Edited by wootwoots, 17 June 2017 - 11:44 PM.

Here's Rockstar's take on the mess (link http://www.pcgamer.c...uffer_pcgamerfb )(Notice I said Rockstar (I should say Cockstar based on other things but that's not the point)not TTI.)

In the post I linked they said it was about blocking openiv from interfering with GTAO which to most if not all of us would assume is a load of sh*t considering it doesn't do that.. or at least for the most part. Anyways I still want to hear from TTI about this before I see a Steam release for RDR2 in which I will make a call on whether to buy that or not, but for the most part I'll skip.

Instead of fking up OPENIV, maybe they should have correctly analyzed the supposed "malicious mods" supposely born from a OPENIV usage to block it / prevent it.

I mean...

I know that is R* doing the "damage control" while its t2 fking up everything, but well.

foxmulder241
  • foxmulder241

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 June 2017 - 03:33 AM

There isn't anything they can do since OpenIV is hosted from Russia. They just wanted to scare them and it worked.

OpenIV should have just thrown the C&D away since they are in Russia it's not like a U.S. court has any authority in Russia and very unlikely Russia would have enforced the C&D when their own government says they won't help the U.S. because the U.S. won't sign a legal treaty with them

Take Two and Rockstar better watch out we know what Russian hackers can do I bet take two has more then a few skeletons in their closet. I'd laugh if some Russian, Chinese or North Korean hacker  hacked Rockstar and Take two and started to leak everything.

wootwoots
  • wootwoots

Snitch

• Members

Posted 19 June 2017 - 09:25 AM Edited by wootwoots, 19 June 2017 - 09:27 AM.

Take Two and Rockstar better watch out we know what Russian hackers can do I bet take two has more then a few skeletons in their closet. I'd laugh if some Russian, Chinese or North Korean hacker  hacked Rockstar and Take two and started to leak everything.

that would honestly be a fun revenge and they would totaly deserve it, but having them "allow" modding because they would "fear" somes retaliation clearly isnt the right way to do so.

They still are insanely crap ppl ( whoever responsible of that situation ) because OPENIV so scripthook and so respect they dump online, only a minority doesnt, worse is that ignorant ppl are doing a jumble with trainer user and modder... which also is a very different thing.. And doesnt help the respectfull modding community

• foxmulder241 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users