Quantcast

» «
Photo

Has insurance outlived its purpose?

86 replies to this topic

Poll: Insurance - outdated, or still relevant? (154 member(s) have cast votes)

What do you think?

1. Yes. (109 votes [70.78%])

Percentage of vote: 70.78%

2. No. (20 votes [12.99%])

Percentage of vote: 12.99%

3. Don't ask me. I am just a helicopter. (25 votes [16.23%])

Percentage of vote: 16.23%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Arrows to Athens
  • Arrows to Athens

Kings and Thieves

• Members
  • England

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Arrows to Athens, 3 weeks ago.

More importantly. Bad sport needs to be removed from the game. Getting bad sport for blowing up an APC is beyond stupid, I'm fine with paying insurance. But giving bad sport points for blowing up an armored, weaponized vehicle trying to kill you is dumb.

I have bad sport because I ran into vehicles attacking me and blew them up. Twice. Other players vehicles as they were trying to attack me. So stupid.

It's an asinine system, but some people here still defend it!

-RP-
  • -RP-

Producer

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

wouldn't that mean i pay full price to get my sh*t back? :/

Happy Hunter
  • Happy Hunter

Oft-requested

• Members
  • None
  • Governor of San Andreas 2017
    Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 3 weeks ago

wouldn't that mean i pay full price to get my sh*t back? :/

Well, my thinking would be nobody pays.

I'm glad they didn't give aircraft 20K insurance like the Oppressor/APC (I don't think the attacker pays at all actually) - but getting bad sport for destroying them is pretty retarded.

Like, what's the difference between a standard Hydra attacking you and a Chrome Hydra attacking you? Why is unsporting to attack one and not the other?

• Arrows to Athens likes this

DeXiovi
  • DeXiovi

Peon

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 3 weeks ago

You're probably right, however my vehicles hardly ever get destroyed cause I'm a big baby and I run from everything and hide in empty sessions. Also it doesn't really bother me having to call Mors or pay for them.
What does bother me now though is that they changed it so when you call Mors you can't select "claim all", it has to be more each individual garage. Aint nobody got time for that.
  • gtafan26, pptz84 and Nossirag like this

Coninefan
  • Coninefan

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

Insurance will outlive its purpose around the same time Shark Cards will outlive their purpose.
  • gtafan26, Arrows to Athens and J1M like this

GTAUrbanCamping
  • GTAUrbanCamping

Urban Camper

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

I refuse to go to around killing others now..unless they attack me. If I have a bounty...I wait for others to come at me...then Ill leave that lobby. Even though a $9k bounty and blowing up a car for $20k is worth it to some. I survive bounty and bank the $9k win win

D T
  • D T

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

Every feature introduced before E&OC is obsolete now. It's just that GTA Online's team of 4 developers are too afraid to rewrite game code.

UncleScrooge
  • UncleScrooge

💰💰💰💰💰

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

I think insurance needs to be adjusted to make it more effective but it sure hasn't outlived it's purpose.

For example I'd like to see insurance removed from all weaponized vehicles while the cost to replace a vehicle increased to 25% of the purchase price (ex mods) with no cap - charged to whoever did the destroying.

25% may sound harsh but it's a necessary increase to deter harassment. Players may become more hesitant to murder each other 'just because they can' if they will get hit with a 6 or 7 figure insurance charge. I can see this benefiting both the playerbase and Rockstar.

pptz84
  • pptz84

Peon

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 3 weeks ago

Keep the insurance for 'normal' pv's, but not for weaponized or armoured vehicles. It's that simple. 

• Pedinhuh likes this

Arrows to Athens
  • Arrows to Athens

Kings and Thieves

• Members
  • England

Posted 3 weeks ago

I refuse to go to around killing others now..unless they attack me. If I have a bounty...I wait for others to come at me...then Ill leave that lobby. Even though a $9k bounty and blowing up a car for $20k is worth it to some. I survive bounty and bank the $9k win win

9k in 45 minutes is not worth it.

We Are Ninja
  • We Are Ninja

Told Y'all That Liberty City DLC Would Never Happen... -_-

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by We Are Ninja, 3 weeks ago.

Very much so. It was initially added as a deterrent to griefers. Now, it's a griefing tool. I've lost count of how many trolls I've defeated/stopped/'sploded only to get a text, or hear someone on the mic LOL'ing because they just cost me $20K. Paying a penalty for defending yourself is ridiculously ludicrous. That really hurt the game, IMO. It's infinitely cheaper to just let trolls have their way with you. Seriously. Just take the L; it's better for your bank account.

I can't wrap my head around how R* managed to unbalance this game up as badly as they have.
  • Perez84, Arrows to Athens, R3CON and 1 other like this

PNutterSammich
  • PNutterSammich

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

Yes.

Or at least in regard to some circumstances.

I should not be penalized because:

- I blew myself up with a land mine after instinctively honking my horn.
- I rolled my car on it's roof in 2 ft of water
- I crash into a lake while running away from some goons flying enough firepower to overthrow Cuba
- I destroy someone else's armed vehicle accosting me while I mind my own business
  • We Are Ninja, R3CON and Voodoo-Hendrix like this

The Sole Survivor
  • The Sole Survivor

of vault 111

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by The Sole Survivor, 3 weeks ago.

I think insurance needs to be adjusted to make it more effective but it sure hasn't outlived it's purpose.

For example I'd like to see insurance removed from all weaponized vehicles while the cost to replace a vehicle increased to 25% of the purchase price (ex mods) with no cap - charged to whoever did the destroying.

25% may sound harsh but it's a necessary increase to deter harassment. Players may become more hesitant to murder each other 'just because they can' if they will get hit with a 6 or 7 figure insurance charge. I can see this benefiting both the playerbase and Rockstar.

ok so that's pretty much 500k

so basically you better start some headhunter

how to troll people: join mission, park car in enemies, die, watch them pay 500k. same with a lot of freemode sh*t.

don't give rockstar ideas

my solution v2:

remove all insurance including planes. remove mors mutual (pointless and irritating).

all destroyed vehicles are immediately returned to storage and you get a text off mors.

if a player destroys a regular non bulletproof rear car they pay 10k as standard and get bs points. that's it.

destroy an armored vehicle and you aren't penalised.

if you destroy your own car in any way, or aircraft you pay 10k

UncleScrooge
  • UncleScrooge

💰💰💰💰💰

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

how to troll people: join mission, park car in enemies, die, watch them pay 500k. same with a lot of freemode sh*t.

my solution v2:

remove all insurance including planes. remove mors mutual (pointless and irritating).

all destroyed vehicles are immediately returned to storage and you get a text off mors.

if a player destroys a regular non bulletproof rear car they pay 10k as standard and get bs points. that's it.

I still prefer my idea with the addition of VIP/MC/Freemode Work not bypassing insurance. 

Yes certain players will take advantage of this and use it to troll others, yes people will lose a money because of it, but sometimes a bit of short term pain is necessary to produce long term behavioural change.

AfroKloud
  • AfroKloud

AK .

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

Yes.

I laugh at my past self into actually thinking it was gonna bring realism to the game in some sort 😂😂😂. What was I thinking?

Milesinho
  • Milesinho

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago

Actually I think a good idea would be if the vehicle owner had to pay the insurance themselves on any weaponised vehicles that gets destroyed, even when it's by another player. R* could even make the insurance much heavier, like $50k. That might at least discourage people from griefing or abusing weaponised vehicles while not limiting their usage too much.

• UncleScrooge likes this

Pedinhuh
  • Pedinhuh

Get down on it!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 3 weeks ago

Yes.

I laugh at my past self into actually thinking it was gonna bring realism to the game in some sort 😂😂😂. What was I thinking?

The only way insurance could be realistic in this game is if you were paid full price of your vehicle by the insurance company instead of getting a vehicle replacement, and you had to buy your vehicle again and apply upgrades.

Which is pretty much how it happens in real life.

Even then, a lot of people would hate this.

4ward
  • 4ward

Come close

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

The insurance is just a penalty for destorying stuff, 

which slowly drain your bank accounts an force you

to make unwanted mors moron insurance calls.

Watain
  • Watain

Ridin' motorcycles and makin' mayhem in GTA since 1998.

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Watain, 3 weeks ago.

The insurance thing in the game is definitely the most illogical thing R* ever implemented. It doesn't make sense in a game like GTA and it only goes against the ways R* encourages you to play the game.

• Arrows to Athens and KingpinRCR like this

The Sole Survivor
  • The Sole Survivor

of vault 111

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago

my solution v2:

I still prefer my idea with the addition of VIP/MC/Freemode Work not bypassing insurance. 

Yes certain players will take advantage of this and use it to troll others, yes people will lose a money because of it, but sometimes a bit of short term pain is necessary to produce long term behavioural change.
id only agree with that if armed vehicles had insurance removed. if someone did an executive search in an apc it would be impossible to profit.

DemonicSpaceman
  • DemonicSpaceman

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago

Yes, even I think it's got to a point where it needs to be removed or the whole insurance system needs to be sorted out.

If I can blow up a tank, buzzard, hydra etc. and not have to pay for it, and not receive BS points for it then why should I have to pay $1,000 for a PA and up to $20k for a PV that's more armoured, more armed and frankly better than any pegasus vehicle when I need to defend myself?

I can understand it to a point. And insurance could still be there, in as much that if you don't purchase it and your vehicle gets destroyed you lose it for good. But it needs reworking.

Whoever owns the car should pay a premium for insurance every 365 in game days (292 hours). It could be as much as $20k or as little as $200. If you break the vehicle you get it back for free. If someone else breaks it you get it back for free and they do not pay a thing.

After all, who really cares about the costs involved in blowing up PVs these days? $20k here and there is nothing to me (but I have money). But there are ways around it. VIP work, empty the bank account to your second characters hands etc.

It's pointless at this time to have insurance. It doesn't make people think twice about destroying PVs. Also it's a huge double standard when you look at supply runs. Don't destroy a PV, you will be put in the naughty corner. But sure, go f*ck sh*t up for the guy who paid $11k for some crates, and grab yourself $2k also.

Arrows to Athens
  • Arrows to Athens

Kings and Thieves

• Members
  • England

Posted 3 weeks ago

The insurance thing in the game is definitely the most illogical thing R* ever implemented. It doesn't make sense in a game like GTA and it only goes against the ways R* encourages you to play the game.

I think this statement would make much more sense if you had talked about bad sport instead, but I agree.

Blackangel66686
  • Blackangel66686

Brothers GRIM Commisioner

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago

Insurance should only be there to reclaim your vehicle if it gets destroyed. You shouldn't have to pay for defending yourself, it's ridiculous.

I don't know who came up with it at R* but they need to be punched, hard, in the face.
  • Happy Hunter likes this

jerryinohio78
  • jerryinohio78

Soldier

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

Shark cards.
  • Arrows to Athens and Happy Hunter like this

IamCourtney
  • IamCourtney

Homie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 2 weeks ago

In defense of insurance, it does provide a strong incentive for me to improve my Oppressor handling abilities.

Blackangel66686
  • Blackangel66686

Brothers GRIM Commisioner

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago

In defense of insurance, it does provide a strong incentive for me to improve my Oppressor handling abilities.

Just get out...

VDTor
  • VDTor

Bring Justice For The A-10!

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

In my opinion, the insurance feature should still be available in the game, but armed vehicles should have it when, it gets destroyed, whoever owns it, must pay for a replacement, not to the person who was defending himself from the attacker. 

• Arrows to Athens and ViceOfLiberty like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users