• Best Administrator 2016
    Best Administrator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful 2014
    Best Moderator 2013
    Most Helpful 2013

Posted 19 June 2017 - 04:23 PM

Well Take-Two is not really going to be all "Okay no worries just get back to SP" when the same team made money out of cheaters by selling an Online version. You can't have your cake and eat it too. Obviously it's a shame for the creators who were only using the SP version, but other than donations, making money like a business using something you have no rights over is a big no no.

I'd really like to hear from Alexander Blade about ScriptHook, that'll be the gamechanger with this story.

• Mercury Reborn, Rented, MGgames100 and 4 others like this

Rachel Amber
  • Rachel Amber

Hell Is Empty!

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 19 June 2017 - 04:27 PM

Hmmm So Mafins was a part of Online Menyoo too? :(

.korbit
  • .korbit

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 June 2017 - 04:32 PM

You know, it's fantastic that Rockstar and Take Two have finally ended the hacker problem on GTA Online, even if it came at the cost of SP mods. Really, an incredible feat.

/s

• Mercury Reborn, UltraGizmo64, assCRACK_98 and 4 others like this

Electric_Gamers
  • Electric_Gamers

Tech Tester

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 19 June 2017 - 04:33 PM

Well Take-Two is not really going to be all "Okay no worries just get back to SP" when the same team made money out of cheaters by selling an Online version. You can't have your cake and eat it too. Obviously it's a shame for the creators who were only using the SP version, but other than donations, making money like a business using something you have no rights over is a big no no.

I'd really like to hear from Alexander Blade about ScriptHook, that'll be the gamechanger with this story.

That's the big question, cause if at least scripthook gets updated, we can still use script mods

• Mercury Reborn likes this

Stellasin
  • Stellasin

Choose your enemies carefully because they will define you

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 19 June 2017 - 04:37 PM

You know, it's fantastic that Rockstar and Take Two have finally ended the hacker problem on GTA Online, even if it came at the cost of SP mods. Really, an incredible feat.

/s

Can you show me your head? I want to open it and check if there is a brain inside or not.

• Sunrise Driver, Mercury Reborn and spaceshape like this

MAD BOSS
  • MAD BOSS

Chief Executive

• Members
  • Malta

Posted 19 June 2017 - 04:38 PM Edited by MAD BOSS, 19 June 2017 - 04:39 PM.

The biggest hit in all this is that the creators like these guys are going to fade away...

/s

Can you show me your head? I want to open it and check if there is a brain inside or not.

Gosh, guy was being sarcastic...

• Mercury Reborn, Meekail, Gummy  and 5 others like this

.korbit
  • .korbit

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 June 2017 - 04:39 PM

/s

"/s" is the general denotation for sarcasm on the internet.

• Gummy , ten-a-penny and Stellasin like this

BlackScout
  • BlackScout

A Nintendo Console

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 June 2017 - 04:43 PM Edited by BlackScout, 19 June 2017 - 04:44 PM.

This is creepy:

KwN8R2K.png

I wish I had paid attention to this life warning back when I took that screenshot.  :pp

Screen btw https://steamuserima...3A498C560270F8/

• The Lundy and DidSomebodySayYouga like this

ChiroVette
  • ChiroVette

GTA V = The Anti-Snore (IV) AKA The Snore Killer!

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 June 2017 - 04:46 PM Edited by ChiroVette, 19 June 2017 - 04:59 PM.

l
Actually, your arguments were ad hominem and Straw Man arguments, because you were the one accusing us of being morally wrong, called my logical arguments "ridiculous" without supporting the assertion (which is the classic definition of ad hominem) AND have continually misrepresented the position of all the people who buy used with so called numbers that don't apply to so few people buying used instead of new.

I never accused anyone of being "morally wrong" so that was your first mistake. And I can't support any of your "assertions" if half of them are that I'm apparently religious and other attempts at petty insults that you seem to have ripped straight out of religious/atheist debates... I have no time for any of that childishness. The majority of what you've said clearly attempts to belittle and patronise and I haven't been paying attention to most of it since my last point, since clearly this conversation was never going anywhere.

First off, likening you to Christian Fundamentalists was intentional hyperbole to make a point. Just as you saying "half of my assertions are that you are religious..." when not even 10% of them were. As you already surely know, hyperbole is an effective tool. You just used it as well. And I am not going to call you out on your use of it by demanding you show how at least "half" of the many words I used were accusing you of Right-Wing fundamentalism.

So let's start out by getting that straight, right off.

Also, you and I have been sniping a little bit at one another, but NONE of our commentary to this point has degenerated to "petty insults," as you claim I was doing. We have both had our little digs, and I can easily find examples of both of us doing it. So let's not insult one another's intelligence by me acting like you are the only one being snarky, and you doing the same. It is ludicrous this far in a debate when both of us have been pissy, for either of us to start attempting to stake a claim in the moral high ground. lol

It would actually be quite silly. If you read over both our posts, you will see we have both had our share of digs. So while I would argue that you have "called me more accusatory names" (like childish, ridiculous, belittling, patronizing, etc.) I am sure you can also find places where I made similarly derogatory comments. So let's not further the hypocrisy with pointless accusations.

The reason I likened you to religious fundamentalism, was not meant to be taken literally. It was comments like this:

But your original intent was to hurt the company... if you're going to do it, do it properly. There's no taking the moral high ground, either you want to play it and not pay them or you should avoid playing it entirely.

It's inevitable. You take from the store's stock, the store eventually has to buy more from the supplier.

You seem to have this "all or nothing" mentality here. Meaning, you will not accept the viability of buying used games as a protest or a boycott, even though mostly I, but also some others, have given good reasons why it is effective. Most of it was based on numbers. You seem to be preaching that the only way to effectively withhold my $59.99 from Take2 is to NOT buy the game at all, or to pirate it. Which to your credit, you did not recommend the latter.

In other words, I have  spent many posts defending my position, as to why it is a good idea buying used games in a case like this, and you have spent as many posts belittling (to use your words) our buying used games or game trading. You still have not proved your point, which is fine. This is not a point needing proving, since it is all assertion, supposition, and opinion.

To be clear, I completely understand your reasons for saying why you believe that buying used games is no better than buying new. I just disagree. BUT, I am not starting that up again. You have your opinion on this, and I have mine. Just because I disagree with you does NOT mean your opinion is invalid or I am saying you are absolutely wrong.

But when you trivialize our opinions on this issue, then that, too, is inherently "patronizing." It is also patronizing when you say (as you did) that you don't need proof, because you are just being logical. Because what you are intrinsically saying with that, is we are NOT being logical. Again, I am certain you can quote-mine my posts to find equally opinionated nuggets.

My point is that neither of us has been particularly "nice" in this little debate of ours. So maybe you should drop the righteous indignation. I certainly WOULD NOT have sniped at you if you were being more respectful. And I am quite sure you would probably say the same thing. This, by the way, leaves us in the position of "You started it!" "No, you started it!" And we could go back and forth like two kids in a schoolyard whose teacher had to break them up.

Or we could agree that we simply will not see eye-to-eye on the "used purchase is better than new purchase" argument, and stop sniping at one another.

Then again, a good forum fight is fun! I know I have enjoyed this one. Even though my point about used games is sincere. As I know your opinion on it is as well.

So I will leave it up to you. We can agree to disagree, and call a truce, or we can keep sniping and accusing one another. Both work for me. ;)

Dwnld
  • Dwnld

Titles are useless

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 19 June 2017 - 04:47 PM

I'd never even heard of it until a few days ago so I've been living in blissful ignorance.

Kind of.

PatrickJr.
  • PatrickJr.

SFM Artist

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 June 2017 - 04:58 PM

Guessing if we hear nothing this week, realistic speaking, OpenIV won't be making a return?

3Doomer
  • 3Doomer

GIMS developer

• Members
  • None
  • Best Tool 2016 [OpenIV]
    Major Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 19 June 2017 - 05:04 PM

if you have copies of IV, EFLC and V, give all negative reviews to those games. don't let dick two and greedstar take any more money.

y tho

Automan
  • Automan

Grandfather Modder

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 19 June 2017 - 05:10 PM

I can not understand...

SP trainers also work online?...

But if you use online, R * does not say it can block them?...

Stellasin
  • Stellasin

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 19 June 2017 - 05:23 PM

/s

"/s" is the general denotation for sarcasm on the internet.

Sorry my bad  :colgate:

• .korbit likes this

Electric_Gamers
  • Electric_Gamers

Tech Tester

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 19 June 2017 - 05:39 PM Edited by Electric_Gamers, 19 June 2017 - 05:41 PM.

Any news on the Hook? 

• Kirsty likes this

_MK_
  • _MK_

JRod

• Members
  • None
  • Best Vehicle [Snap] 2016
    Best Scenery [Snap] 2015
    Best Filtered [Snap] 2015

Posted 19 June 2017 - 05:45 PM Edited by _MK_, 19 June 2017 - 05:51 PM.

WUT? first of all SP mods have nothing to do with Online hacking,have a look https://www.gta5-mods.com/

If a script or a tool has been modified in a way to be used in Online then that's an exploit which you must patch and not ban and sue like what these idiots did,it's actually a win win for them pretending to be eliminating cheaters but infact they're just taking out the competition that they fail to reach no matter how many rubbish DLC's they keep throwing,cheaters/hackers will come up other ways or inject cheats banning OpenIV and Scripthook won't do it.

Second of all,that garbage GTAO doesn't come any where near the fun you get from SP Modding,Rockstar doesn't come any where near the creativity that mod makers are at,and guess what ? it's all for free.

Oh i see the "/s" but anyway this still goes for the people who actually aren't being sarcastic.

• spaceshape likes this

Electric_Gamers
  • Electric_Gamers

Tech Tester

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 19 June 2017 - 05:48 PM Edited by Electric_Gamers, 19 June 2017 - 05:49 PM.

WUT? first of all SP mods have nothing to do with Online hacking,have a look https://www.gta5-mods.com/

If a script or a tool has been modified in a way to be used in Online then that's an exploit which you must patch and not ban and sue like what these idiots did,it's actually a win win for them pretending to be eliminating cheaters but infact their just taking out the competition that they fail to reach no matter how many rubbish DLC's they keep throwing,cheaters/hackers will come up other ways or inject cheats banning OpenIV and Scripthook won't do it.

Second of all,that garbage GTAO doesn't come any where near the fun you get from SP Modding,Rockstar doesn't come any where near the creativity that mod makers are at,and guess what ? it's all for free.

Oh i see the "/s" but anyway this still goes for the people who actually aren't being sarcastic.

As korbit himself said he was being sarcastic

_MK_
  • _MK_

JRod

• Members
  • None
    Best Scenery [Snap] 2015

Posted 19 June 2017 - 05:49 PM

^Read my last sentence.

Electric_Gamers
  • Electric_Gamers

Tech Tester

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 19 June 2017 - 05:51 PM

^Read my last sentence.

I did: this still goes for the people who actually aren't being sarcastic. Thing is he was being sarcastic... But anyway lets not argue here because we are in this together... MK you said you PM'd Good to see what was going on with SHV. Any news?

_MK_
  • _MK_

JRod

• Members
  • None
    Best Scenery [Snap] 2015

Posted 19 June 2017 - 05:54 PM Edited by _MK_, 19 June 2017 - 06:09 PM.

^Read my last sentence.

I did: this still goes for the people who actually aren't being sarcastic. Thing is he was being sarcastic... But anyway lets not argue here because we are in this together... MK you said you PM'd Good to see what was going on with SHV. Any news?

It means that what i said was not addressed to him any longer.

Anyway,yeah he read it but did not respond.

EDIT:going to move my post regarding the SP/O thing to the other thread since it seems to have many naive fanboys over there.

Electric_Gamers
  • Electric_Gamers

Tech Tester

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 19 June 2017 - 05:56 PM Edited by Electric_Gamers, 19 June 2017 - 05:57 PM.

^Read my last sentence.

It means that what i said was not addressed to him any longer.

Anyway,yeah he read it but did not respond.

Uhm... I wonder what that means. I really hope the conspiracy theorists are wrong and that he is not involved in any of this "to gain sympathy" and did not ignore on purpose

_MK_
  • _MK_

JRod

• Members
  • None
    Best Scenery [Snap] 2015

Posted 19 June 2017 - 05:57 PM

Well AB has never taken this long to update SH,so i guess it's safe to say something is up ?

Electric_Gamers
  • Electric_Gamers

Tech Tester

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 19 June 2017 - 06:00 PM

Well AB has never taken this long to update SH,so i guess it's safe to say something is up ?

I mean, if you don't count the first ever version of scripthook... Yeah, never took this long

Stellasin
  • Stellasin

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 19 June 2017 - 06:01 PM

EDIT:going to move my post about regarding SP/O thing to the other thread since it seems to have many naive fanboys over there.

Any link to that "other" thread?

MeatSafeMurderer
  • MeatSafeMurderer

Republic of Kekistan

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 June 2017 - 06:03 PM Edited by MeatSafeMurderer, 19 June 2017 - 06:04 PM.

As has been said multiple times...as long as the cease and desist remains against the OpenIV team Blade cannot work on mods or tools of that nature for RAGE...which means he cannot update ScripthookV...if he does it would bring legal action against the entire team.

Stellasin
  • Stellasin

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 19 June 2017 - 06:04 PM

As has been said multiple times...as long as the cease and desist remains against the OpenIV team Blade cannot work on mods or tools of that nature for RAGE update ScripthookV...if he does it would bring legal action against the entire team.

Then lets do it "illegal" like how pirate's do it.  

ikt
  • ikt

_

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 June 2017 - 06:07 PM

As has been said multiple times...as long as the cease and desist remains against the OpenIV team Blade cannot work on mods or tools of that nature for RAGE update ScripthookV...if he does it would bring legal action against the entire team.

Then lets do it "illegal" like how pirate's do it.

Grab your copy of IDA and have fun!

Electric_Gamers
  • Electric_Gamers

Tech Tester

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 19 June 2017 - 06:12 PM Edited by Electric_Gamers, 19 June 2017 - 06:15 PM.

As has been said multiple times...as long as the cease and desist remains against the OpenIV team Blade cannot work on mods or tools of that nature for RAGE...which means he cannot update ScripthookV...if he does it would bring legal action against the entire team.

Well, if I remember, rockstar's statement said the target was ONLY OpenIV and the Liberty CIty Project, not scripthookv. Yeah, AB is a part of the team... Doesn't matter. The Cease & Desist was for OpenIV & LC

BTW any chance to make shv compatible using hex editors or smth along those lines?

spaceshape
  • spaceshape

drink bleach, mf!

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 June 2017 - 06:15 PM Edited by spaceshape, 19 June 2017 - 06:15 PM.

Time to pirate GTA V!

Spoiler

• Sunrise Driver and Mercury Reborn like this

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users