Bunker Shooting Range Challenges Discussion

196 replies to this topic
ViceOfLiberty
  • ViceOfLiberty

Prankster

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 19 September 2017 - 02:03 PM

Challenge is good! GTA needs more hard minigames and tasks to do that result in unique rewards for true work and progress rather than money based luxuries and OP weapons that can be acquired via illegitimate methods.

• DemonicSpaceman likes this

DemonicSpaceman
  • DemonicSpaceman

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 September 2017 - 02:56 PM

Unfortunately there was a glitch early on which allowed players to use the ballistic suit on the range which pretty much rendered the exclusive, hard to get rewards redundant. So much so that I gave up after doing Tier 1.

But with everything in GTA, nothing is rare anymore, nothing is exclusive.
  • Sanches likes this

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud
  • DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

here is wondering how long a member title actually could be

• BUSTED!
  • Belgium

Posted 19 September 2017 - 09:00 PM

There are still people who have not done theirs yet ?  :whistle:  :miranda:

Smooth Longsack
  • Smooth Longsack

real long

• Members
  • United-States
  • Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner

Posted 11 November 2017 - 03:16 AM

This was a very useful objective. I did it on four characters. It was easiest on the pc character.

StangOne50
  • StangOne50

BEASTMODE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 November 2017 - 02:57 PM

This was a very useful objective. I did it on four characters. It was easiest on the pc character.

Nice I did it on 4 characters on ps4. Had to get those tshirts unlocked lol

Its a bit challenging at first until you get down your timing and rhythm but I can see how it can be frustrating for some players.

• Smooth Longsack likes this

Jenkiiii
  • Jenkiiii

Always Looking Good - In the City, the Suburbs, the Hood.

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 11 November 2017 - 03:21 PM

I thought these bunker shooting range challenges were overly difficult and boring. Obviously that's just me?

The concept behind these challenges was to run a few ammunition collection missions, fill up on bunker stock, and then do the shooting range challenges for an hour, maybe? Then leave the shooting range, and hey, the stock has turned into salable cargo. Rinse and repeat and enjoy the full Bunker experience that way?

But I found the Bunker experience the worst of the business updates yet. The CEO offices and cargo update was fantastic; the Biker update was really fun and imaginative; and the Import/Export update was also really good; but the Bunker update was where GTA online started to go downhill for me and that, unfortunately, tarnished my enjoyment of sub-games like this shooting range.

• hei3enberg and KWF1981 like this

KWF1981
  • KWF1981

Gangsta

• Members
  • England

Posted 11 November 2017 - 04:01 PM Edited by KWF1981, 11 November 2017 - 04:03 PM.

^ Na dude, load of crap. Far too hard for my sh*tty combat skills.

Did tier 1, stopped after I damn near threw the controller... I'm just too sh*t or it's too hard... I think the former, and know others will agree.

Some make PvP/shooting look so easy... Me, nope!

* Still got 18 stupid research items to do. My break has set me up to wait longer... My bad, but what bullsh*t!

• Jenkiiii likes this

Mach1bud
  • Mach1bud

Gearhead

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Coolest GTA Member 2017
    Best GTA Photographer 2016
    Coolest Member 2016
    Best Character [Snap] 2016
    Mister Los Santos 2016 Winner
    [Snapmatic Awards 2015] Best Male Character

Posted 11 November 2017 - 04:02 PM

I thought these bunker shooting range challenges were overly difficult and boring. Obviously that's just me?

The concept behind these challenges was to run a few ammunition collection missions, fill up on bunker stock, and then do the shooting range challenges for an hour, maybe? Then leave the shooting range, and hey, the stock has turned into salable cargo. Rinse and repeat and enjoy the full Bunker experience that way?

But I found the Bunker experience the worst of the business updates yet. The CEO offices and cargo update was fantastic; the Biker update was really fun and imaginative; and the Import/Export update was also really good; but the Bunker update was where GTA online started to go downhill for me and that, unfortunately, tarnished my enjoyment of sub-games like this shooting range.

Complete opposite for me. Pretty much my favorite business. Very refreshing to finally have something difficult to accomplish for a change.

I don't think they intended for people to alternate sourcing/selling with the Shooting Range at all. God knows I didn't do that, it would take forever to beat it that way.
  • Jenkiiii likes this

StangOne50
  • StangOne50

BEASTMODE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 November 2017 - 04:27 PM

^ Na dude, load of crap. Far too hard for my sh*tty combat skills.

Did tier 1, stopped after I damn near threw the controller... I'm just too sh*t or it's too hard... I think the former, and know others will agree.

Some make PvP/shooting look so easy... Me, nope!

* Still got 18 stupid research items to do. My break has set me up to wait longer... My bad, but what bullsh*t!

It is pretty hard but not impossible. There are some good tips in the old thread that was in the gunrunning section.

• KWF1981 likes this

KWF1981
  • KWF1981

Gangsta

• Members
  • England

Posted 11 November 2017 - 04:31 PM

^ Appreciated dude, may look one day. But I really can't shoot too well (Poor eyesight).

I find the Ammunation Ok, I dunno... I think it's me.

I appreciate the challenge of something mind, just pissed I'm stuck with this bunker stuff still. My break was ill advised, lol.

Jenkiiii
  • Jenkiiii

Always Looking Good - In the City, the Suburbs, the Hood.

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 11 November 2017 - 06:19 PM

Complete opposite for me. Pretty much my favorite business. Very refreshing to finally have something difficult to accomplish for a change.

I don't think they intended for people to alternate sourcing/selling with the Shooting Range at all. God knows I didn't do that, it would take forever to beat it that way.

I respect your opinion and maybe I'll look at the shooting range challenges from now on as something to beat instead of an overly hard game for mini-rewards. And I loved the APC, Half-Track, Dune FAV and pretty much every vehicle from the Gunrunning update, so it's not all bad.

But I remember on the day of launch; I took the afternoon off and indulged into the new update, but ultimately felt bored and underwhelmed and I couldn't put my finger on exactly why? Over time I realised that it was because Rockstar had put so many obstacles in our way such as paywalls and randomwalls, and encouraged other players to grief us for no reward, but at the time I felt numb about it all.

When Smuggler's Run was announced, I adored the new hangars and planes, and that's mainly because Rockstar lifted the amount of obstacles they put in our way, and it had no ramdomwalls, AND you could steal other people's cargo and claim it as your own, so Rockstar certainly learned from the negative criticism from Gunrunning in a very short period of time. Look at Gunrunning as a form of experimentation then, that didn't totally work out, but which is still hindering a lot of people from getting what they want and enjoying many aspects of GTA online.

• Mach1bud and KWF1981 like this

Mach1bud
  • Mach1bud

Gearhead

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Coolest GTA Member 2017
    Best GTA Photographer 2016
    Coolest Member 2016
    Best Character [Snap] 2016
    Mister Los Santos 2016 Winner
    [Snapmatic Awards 2015] Best Male Character

Posted 11 November 2017 - 06:48 PM

Spoiler

I actually had no idea until now that there were any rewards at all for the shooting range aside from the weapon pickups in the Bunker lol. (Loved that cause of my III/VC/SA nostalgia).

I agree that Gunrunning was an underwhelmimg update overall. I just like the business the best because it requires the least amount of work, if you buy supplies.

Other wise the update was bland, bunker is very boring compared to the CEO/Biker office/clubhouse. Steal missions are good the first few times, but got tiresome fast, etc.
  • Jenkiiii, KWF1981 and Piro like this

Snipe_McHeadshot
  • Snipe_McHeadshot

d(-_-)b

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 26 December 2017 - 09:40 AM

Finally got around to trying this. Knocked out all snipers in a blink, combat MG seems like it'll be easy enough with a little practice, but the others especially the pistol - dang! My settings are perfect for free roam/assisted aim, but such precise aiming with a control pad when you know that timer is ticking down on you. OOF!  

Voodoo-Hendrix
  • Voodoo-Hendrix

Slight Return

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 2 weeks ago

Sorry for reviving this thread, anyway, there's a difference between the black and white shooting ranges aside from color?

I mean like if there's one that's easier to see the targets or something?

Thanks in advance!

Smooth Longsack
  • Smooth Longsack

real long

• Members
  • United-States
  • Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner

Posted 2 weeks ago

Sorry for reviving this thread, anyway, there's a difference between the black and white shooting ranges aside from color?

I mean like if there's one that's easier to see the targets or something?

Thanks in advance!

I bought the white targets because I was struggling to focus with the black targets. The white helped ease target acquisition for my aging eyes.

I'd also point out that I used different sensitivities on the different weapon classes. Mostly near the slower end.
  • Voodoo-Hendrix likes this

MaxBazooka01
  • MaxBazooka01

GTA's Resident Tryhard and Squeaker Killer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

Is it even worth it to buy?

ash-274
  • ash-274

Guru of the Gang Cars and Special items

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

Is it even worth it to buy?

"Worth it..."

Subjective question.  I would say no unless you REALLY like shooting and/or really want to unlock those exclusive rewards.

It's an expensive option

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users