• Most Creative [Writing] 2016
    Most Talented Writer 2015
    Most Talented Writer 2014
    Most Talented Writer 2013
    Best Story/Poem 2013 "The Storm"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2011 "Justice in Flames"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2010 "City of Lies"

Posted 06 August 2017 - 10:47 AM

Has anyone experienced their incendiary ammo acting like normal ammo? Seems to be another world famous example of Bugstar at work...

What do you mean by "acting like normal ammo"? 

It's not supposed to set people on fire with every single bullet, if that's what you're thinking. 
What's the point of it then? That's literally the definition of incendiary. How often 'might' It set people on fire? First few shots I tested it did, but literally nothing since - shooting a random civilian NPC takes three shots to kill them...

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

Rolling Thunder

• GTAF Crew
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 06 August 2017 - 11:17 AM Edited by Gridl0k, 06 August 2017 - 11:17 AM.

It seems to be roughly 1-in-5. The description does say "a chance of setting the target on fire".

Still well worth it, for NPC enemies and players alike. Combat-rolling fireballs are just plain funny. Stick it on the AK47 or SMG or whatnot and keep it for amusement.

Fun 2
  • Fun 2

Boss

• Members
  • None
  • Most Knowledgable [GTA] 2015
    Most Helpful Member 2015
    Coolest Member 2015

Posted 06 August 2017 - 11:33 AM

According to @Unknown_Modder, there's 33.33% chance you would set the target on fire.

• Gridl0k and Black Terminator like this

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

Killed by drones.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 06 August 2017 - 12:41 PM

It seems to be roughly 1-in-5. The description does say "a chance of setting the target on fire".

Still well worth it, for NPC enemies and players alike. Combat-rolling fireballs are just plain funny. Stick it on the AK47 or SMG or whatnot and keep it for amusement.

The weird thing is my carbine seems to set every enemy on fire.
The pistol literally never has since my very first shot (and I've fired dozens)
  • Gridl0k likes this

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

Rolling Thunder

• GTAF Crew
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 06 August 2017 - 12:46 PM

Short of going postal on NPCs at eg the beach, not sure how to test.

Gaffa™
  • Gaffa™

The miserable fart!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 August 2017 - 03:14 PM

Thinking about things a bit more... What were Rockstar Games doing? Tracers - random, Incendiary - random, Explosive rounds - every bullet. 

Honestly I think it should be the other way round, with tracers and incendiary rounds working every bullet (the fire doesn't do that much damage to players anyway, and they could say after 47.5 metres, the ability to ignite people disappears), then buff the Heavy Sniper Mk.2's Explosive rounds to 400 damage instead of 200, but make it a 1 or 2 in 4 chance of the bullets exploding? 

Could even make the jet and helicopter pilots happier. 

• Goingcrowd9 and CrAzYaNoNiMas like this

Mattcarnes
  • Mattcarnes

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 August 2017 - 09:49 PM

Guys, has anyone unhappy with FMJ rounds? Do those work for you?

I have them on my AK47 and for some reason, I was not successful versus Kuruma or APC crews. I surprise them I shoot at the windows but i couldn't kill them. Not even once since the update. Every time I fire 40-80 shots and it just doesn't work.

I did double checked to make sure I do have correct ammo and I do.

You are just not aiming them right I did a head Hunter in armored kurma and a guy with fmj rounds headshoted me through the f*cking glass so you have good bullets just bad aim my friend also helps if you first person aim at the Target and not just the car

CrAzYaNoNiMas
  • CrAzYaNoNiMas

crazy

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 August 2017 - 11:21 PM

Does anyone know the best weapon to upgrade? I've already upgraded the AK btw.

the hevey 

Black Terminator
  • Black Terminator

Black Widow

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 August 2017 - 02:46 AM

According to @Unknown_Modder, there's 33.33% chance you would set the target on fire.

33.33 percent chance of setting a target on fire if use, interesting, I might have to do a test. Thank you for informing us this. :) 

Snapadoodle
  • Snapadoodle

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 07 August 2017 - 03:52 AM

Yeah incendiary is a waste. Even at a 1/3 chance of setting on fire, you still need your bullets to hit, and even when you see them catch on fire, it actually takes a second before the fire damage kicks in once you see the animation. Add all those factors up and the overwhelming majority of the time you won't see any difference in kill time using those bullets. But you will notice your magazine having 1/3 or even 1/4 the normal amount of bullets.

Against NPC's they are more effective but that's still incredibly low hanging fruit to pick....
  • Nossirag likes this

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

Killed by drones.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 09 August 2017 - 08:39 AM

My pistol has magically started setting them on fire. 1/4 maybe?
Shame it doesn't work on vehicles; the infinite spawning chasers in cargo missions... f*ck me.

It's kinda sorta working now at least. Just unlocked explosive sniper rounds though. That's a beast! Will have to buy a regular sniper for missions now though.

AUScowboy
  • AUScowboy

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 August 2017 - 12:58 PM

Can you set enemy NPC on fire inside their car with incendiary rounds? Will have to test this.
  • Gridl0k likes this

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

Rolling Thunder

• GTAF Crew
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 09 August 2017 - 01:14 PM

Can you set enemy NPC on fire inside their car with incendiary rounds? Will have to test this.

I've been trying, doesn't seem so, although they burst into flames as soon as they jump out the car sometimes.

• AUScowboy likes this

Gaffa™
  • Gaffa™

The miserable fart!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 August 2017 - 01:56 PM

Will have to buy a regular sniper for missions now though.

You're going to purchase another player for missions? Damn son. 

For real though, I don't know why this nonsense started happening all those years ago (not moaning at you in particular). "Sniper" is a role pertaining to an individual - generally who will either be at a great distance from the target, or elevated over them - and that person can choose to "snipe" with a pistol, if they really wanted to. 

Jamwes
  • Jamwes

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 August 2017 - 05:19 PM

How often do NPCs wear armor? Is there a way to tell if an NPC is wearing armor? I'm wondering just how useful AP rounds would be against some of those bullet sponges, like the headhunter bodyguards.

Rafae
  • Rafae

Boss

• GTAF Crew
  • None

Posted 09 August 2017 - 08:09 PM

How often do NPCs wear armor? Is there a way to tell if an NPC is wearing armor? I'm wondering just how useful AP rounds would be against some of those bullet sponges, like the headhunter bodyguards.

HH bodyguards def wear armor R* said so themselves in a Newswire post.

I think that's it though. Other NPCs just have godlike accuracy. HH bodyguards have both.
  • Gaffa™ likes this

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

Rolling Thunder

• GTAF Crew
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 10 August 2017 - 09:55 AM Edited by Gridl0k, 10 August 2017 - 09:56 AM.

Merryweather will wear armour, maybe not always but eg in steal-the-railgun, pretty sure they're armoured.

They might just be super-healthy though, they're one of the few that will go down screaming in flames from incendiary rounds and then get back up when it goes out, the f*ckers.

• Jamwes and Nossirag like this

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

Killed by drones.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 11 August 2017 - 11:18 PM

Merryweather will wear armour, maybe not always but eg in steal-the-railgun, pretty sure they're armoured.

They might just be super-healthy though, they're one of the few that will go down screaming in flames from incendiary rounds and then get back up when it goes out, the f*ckers.

My revolver takes them down in one shot. So far that's my weapon of choice - that or the sweeper shotty. Bullet sponges and godlike HP on NPCs is aids and should cease to exist. So far though, a true headshot has taken everyone out that I've done it to - the days of sniping NPCs in the head for them to get back up seem to be gone. I hope
  • Gridl0k, AUScowboy and Goingcrowd9 like this

AUScowboy
  • AUScowboy

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 August 2017 - 02:52 AM

MkII Revolver: f*cking. when?
  • Gridl0k and Nossirag like this

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

Killed by drones.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 16 August 2017 - 06:40 AM

MkII Revolver: f*cking. when?

Oh god. Even though I know it'd be useless, I'd drop a mil on that gun if they did

More to the point I want a pistol/micro smg which explosive ammo so I can take out the six thousand pursuing cars in bunker/CEO cargo missions
  • AUScowboy and Nossirag like this

AUScowboy
  • AUScowboy

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 August 2017 - 06:01 PM

What if the made it not useless like the SMG MkII? Imagine the upgrade would give you: double action, multiple ammo types with one unique type like the Heavy Sniper MkII got (heck, explosive revolver would even be pretty amazing if a bit OP), multiple barrel lengths, speed loader. It could be best in class if done right..
  • Nossirag likes this

LL Cool L
  • LL Cool L

Living Healthy

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 August 2017 - 06:22 PM Edited by LL Cool L, 16 August 2017 - 06:22 PM.

could someone please show me what the research picture for the sniper explosive rounds look like.....so I know when its coming next....

• Nossirag likes this

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

Rolling Thunder

• GTAF Crew
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 17 August 2017 - 10:05 AM

could someone please show me what the research picture for the sniper explosive rounds look like.....so I know when its coming next....

It's the only ammo type for the Heavy Sniper, so it's the side-on picture of the heavy sniper with a new, coloured-border clip.

• LL Cool L likes this

Jamwes
  • Jamwes

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 August 2017 - 05:44 PM

It's the only ammo type for the Heavy Sniper, so it's the side-on picture of the heavy sniper with a new, coloured-border clip.

The yellow magazine.
  • LL Cool L and Nossirag like this

Jammsbro
  • Jammsbro

Pogo 4 life

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 4 weeks ago

Anyone give me some knowledge on hollow point vs full metal jacket in practical terms? Got FMJ and didn't feel that they did much. Don't want to waste money on hollow point if they aren't great either.

• Gridl0k and Nossirag like this

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

Rolling Thunder

• GTAF Crew
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 4 weeks ago

As I understand it, hollow point do double damage to health whereas FMJ also do double damage, but they take armour and health points at the same time. So for players generally it's FMJ and for NPCs HP will do. I think.

Gaffa™
  • Gaffa™

The miserable fart!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 weeks ago

FMJ only do double damage to vehicles, they actually do less-than-stock damage to players and AI. The AP rounds do damage to health and armour at the same time. 

Definitely make use of Hollowpoints on either the SMG Mk.2 or Pistol Mk.2, as when a player or enemy AI has only health, the damage is multiplied by 1.5x (and there's not much armour (50 health points) - on players at least - to get through anyway). 

• Gridl0k and Jammsbro like this

Fun 2
  • Fun 2

Boss

• Members
  • None
  • Most Knowledgable [GTA] 2015
    Most Helpful Member 2015
    Coolest Member 2015

Posted 4 weeks ago

Headhunter NPCs have 300 Health, 200 Armor, so definitely use AP rounds against them.

• Gridl0k and Jamwes like this

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

Killed by drones.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

Headhunter NPCs have 300 Health, 200 Armor, so definitely use AP rounds against them.
Or a buzzard.
(Still takes some skill to take the target out quickly as the guards will destroy your buzzard in seconds when you half a mile in the air, and they have homing bullets, but headhunter in five mins, 20K isn't bad!)

I was hoping for explosive pistol ammo so I could take out those 20 perusing cars in supply missions but nope! Would FMJ help me against them, or am I better off just outrunning them/stopping and fighting all waves off?
  • Nossirag likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users