Dewbauchee Vagner Appreciation Thread

418 replies to this topic
HARBUJAHN
  • HARBUJAHN

FREEROAM PREDATOR RANK:530__K/D:16.94 GTAF_CREW

• Members
  • England

Posted 4 weeks ago

Snagged one just before the sale ended. The more I use it the more I appreciate it, especially the handling, and the looks are growing on me.

I'll try and get some pics later, though I'm still not totally set on the paint job.

I'm not loving the engine sound though, they really could have done better with that.

I'm excited to try stunt racing it. I just bought a XA-21 and raced it this morning and it was awesome, but I came in second to a Vagner twice in a row. 3 times total. I can't wait to drive this thing!

Vagners a sick car the XA-21 should have the same top speed, its the only let down of it

• tommyguns likes this

LahTigre
  • LahTigre

Miss Demeanor

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

1oxD2P0.jpg

TT6OHGI.jpg

Well I know what I'm doing later to my Vagner with my Sales profit.

Foxwolfe
  • Foxwolfe

Entering your birthday is optional

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Do any purchasable colours give you a black accent?

Apologies if this is obvious but why would you need it to? I thought the accent color was changeable.

Davisbruh
  • Davisbruh

Snitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 weeks ago

D2QTd24.jpg

What colour is this?

Kushology
  • Kushology

Bleeding Green

• Members
  • Canada
  • Biggest Pervert
    Nicest Canadian

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Kushology, 4 weeks ago.

What colour is this?

#713E29A / RGB 113, 62, 41

I can't remember the pearl exactly but I'll check the next time I'm on.

tommyguns
  • tommyguns

Hustler

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by tommyguns, 2 weeks ago.

Snagged one just before the sale ended. The more I use it the more I appreciate it, especially the handling, and the looks are growing on me.
I'll try and get some pics later, though I'm still not totally set on the paint job.
I'm not loving the engine sound though, they really could have done better with that.

I'm excited to try stunt racing it. I just bought a XA-21 and raced it this morning and it was awesome, but I came in second to a Vagner twice in a row. 3 times total. I can't wait to drive this thing!
Vagners a sick car the XA-21 should have the same top speed, its the only let down of it
The handling makes up for the speed. If anything, the car holds your hand too much, makes things too easy. I will use cars like that, but all my favorite cars have a little bit of a quirk about them that gives them a learning curve. The XA21 is a really nice car, but its a bit too safe to make it really fun to drive.

Most people will love that about it though.

The Vagner though, is precise, but it will punish you for the occasional mistake. Broughy thinks it's up there with the Nero custom as the games great all rounder supercars, I'll go with that. He thinks the Nero edges it, but then it is twice the price that I paid for the Vagner in the sale.

Like I said in that other post, the only thing I really have an issue with is the engine noise. The car deserved a better sound than it got.

Fun car to drive though & it really competes well against stuff that's more than twice the price, so can't grumble too much.
  • Davisbruh likes this

N R G
  • N R G

Press Command-Shift-W for a surprise

• Members
  • Isle-of-Man

Posted 4 weeks ago

Apologies if this is obvious but why would you need it to? I thought the accent color was changeable.

Black isn't an option. My Vagner because I purchased black gave me an unobtainable neon purple accent.

Kushology
  • Kushology

Bleeding Green

• Members
  • Canada
  • Biggest Pervert
    Nicest Canadian

Posted 4 weeks ago

What colour is this?

#713E29A / RGB 113, 62, 41

I can't remember the pearl exactly but I'll check the next time I'm on.

Pearlescent is Cream.

As in, this paintjob makes me cream.

mjace72
  • mjace72

mjace72

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

It's a great car.  Compared to others, it's well worth the price.  I got it on sale for 1.1 so my gauge is different.  1.5 isn't bad either.

Foxwolfe
  • Foxwolfe

Entering your birthday is optional

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Foxwolfe, 4 weeks ago.

Black isn't an option. My Vagner because I purchased black gave me an unobtainable neon purple accent.

Ah alright, didn't realize black wasn't an accent option. Yeah I ordered the black one too, the accent on it is slate blue which only being available as a wheel color, I thought looked neat as the cars accent color. Threw on the Cheetah Carbon R's with slate blue color as well and they compliment each other nicely.

Edit: just checked and yeah you're right, that's a bummer, not even any of the midnight colors are available.

mort1
  • mort1

Rat

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 3 weeks ago

Im pretty sure downforce just got a buff with this update.
So much for balanced supers i guess.

CrysisAverted
  • CrysisAverted

Formerly Sh4d0wX32111

• Members
  • None
  • Most Missed 2016
    [Snapmatic & R* Editor Awards 2015] Best Unedited
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 3 weeks ago

Lol looks like the Vagner can be crowned fastest around this kind of track until R* decides to change something else

LahTigre
  • LahTigre

Miss Demeanor

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

Does it need a spoiler to benefit from downforce?

Mattoropael
  • Mattoropael

Proud Killer of Rate The Car Above You

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Mattoropael, 3 weeks ago.

Downforce is innate to cars with them, so no.

Now if R* has indeed reverted the Gunrunning downforce changes, you don't need the spoiler for the traditional traction bonus either (since it no longer exists). Nope, Rockstar lied, so you still need one.

mort1
  • mort1

Rat

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 3 weeks ago

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=Nbj2ku4gMEM

Vagner is now by far the best car in basically any situation, all other supers are practically useless now.
People wanted downforce back, here is the result.

DarkRayquaza99
  • DarkRayquaza99

Pancake

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by DarkRayquaza99, 3 weeks ago.

Now if R* has indeed reverted the Gunrunning downforce changes, you don't need the spoiler for the traditional traction bonus either (since it no longer exists).

This is misinformation. Broughy has tested this post-Smuggler DLC, and the downforce cars still benefit from spoilers despite the buff.

I'm glad I kept this and sold the RE-7B instead. Now the Vagner is an even more solid pick for stunt races. And a bit over half the price of the other best Stunt Racer, the Nero (Custom). I still love the Nero's looks more, though.

Mattoropael
  • Mattoropael

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 3 weeks ago

Now if R* has indeed reverted the Gunrunning downforce changes, you don't need the spoiler for the traditional traction bonus either (since it no longer exists).

This is misinformation. Broughy has tested this post-Smuggler DLC, and the downforce cars still benefit from spoilers despite the buff.

I'm glad I kept this and sold the RE-7B instead. Now the Vagner is an even more solid pick for stunt races. And a bit over half the price of the other best Stunt Racer, the Nero (Custom). I still love the Nero's looks more, though.

I very specifically said that is only true if they had reverted Downforce behavior to its pre-Gunrunning state as the patch notes would imply, before Broughy's video proving that R* lied.

Thank Rockstar for that.

kenmy13999
  • kenmy13999

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 3 weeks ago

I very specifically said that is only true if they had reverted Downforce behavior to its pre-Gunrunning state as the patch notes would imply, before Broughy's video proving that R* lied.

Thank Rockstar for that.
Just out of curiosity, what did R* lie about? Haven't checked the patch notes either

Mattoropael
  • Mattoropael

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 2 weeks ago

Thank Rockstar for that.
Just out of curiosity, what did R* lie about? Haven't checked the patch notes either

Straight from the official 1.41 patch notes:

• Changes to vehicle downforce calculations have been made to make sure vehicle handling behaves in the same way as before the Gunrunning content update.

Which, if true, would mean that spoilers would once again lose function on downforce vehicles, which evidently isn't the case.

• kenmy13999 likes this

mort1
  • mort1

Rat

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 2 weeks ago

If its going to remain OP, at the very least they should increase its price, double it or something.
Ofc, many has it already, but still. 1,4 mill for the best car in the game is an absolute steal.
And when you compare it to the price of inferior cars like x80/t20 etc. all you can do is laugh.

rlk232
  • rlk232

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

My biggest complaint is how OP it is, especially for the cost. The most expensive supers need to perform near what their cost was. The t-20is still 2.2m, within 100k of the xa21 but the t20 gets shellacked. Lots of cases like that.

LahTigre
  • LahTigre

Miss Demeanor

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

Well you know the most competitive Sport Car is free for some people..so..

DJG9YqzXcAAal0o.jpg

• 1bbaxter likes this

tommyguns
  • tommyguns

Hustler

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by tommyguns, 2 weeks ago.

I've been driving this more & more. I was pretty dubious about the looks when it came out, at that point I was only considering it because it was the only Dewbauchee supercar & I like that manufacturer.

But now it's turned me around completely, I now appreciate the look of the car. As I've gotten to know it's boundaries and how best to use it, I just like its handling and precision more and more. Really glad I took advantage of that sale and decided to get the Vagner now, it really is a great little car.

I used it for a couple of bunker supply runs last night & the heli's that came after me couldn't even keep pace with my Vagner. I was threading in and out of traffic without a problem & neatly dodging a few NPC cars that spawned ahead of me at one point.

@rlk232 - higher price doesn't always mean better quality or performance. In all areas you can find examples of things outperforming more expensive rivals.

Watch some old episides of top gear, you will see examples of cars beating the lap times of rivals that cost tens of thousands, or even hundreds of thousands of pounds more.
  • NIGHTHAWK0D2 likes this

mort1
  • mort1

Rat

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 2 weeks ago

The reason you like how it handles more now is that it just got a massive boost.

Synthwave
  • Synthwave

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

36403988036_28fca1805e_h.jpg
Vagner Garage Blue & Bronze

That is beautiful. Any chance you could tell me the code for that particular blue? I've been searching the forums for a "garage blue" but can't find anything and I'd love to have it on my own Vagner!

• s4rkrs and Carter4point8 like this

lorsch
  • lorsch

Player Hater

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 2 days ago

Want some AMR? This is how mine will look like:

lYMYGwd.jpgzNpc0ML.jpgywNcIHC.jpgmCIpfde.jpgI2MnHNd.jpgLdlG4Q3.jpgUtNpMR0.jpgVyOU96P.jpg

Hey APB,

Do you have the hex code for that?

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 2 days ago

I accidentally bought a couple of these, decided to keep one because I like how it looks. Surprised to find out it's got the best stats. Makes sense though, it's a beast to drive.

Arms Dealer
  • Arms Dealer

(68)

• Members
  • None

Posted A day ago Edited by Arms Dealer, A day ago.

Ah alright, didn't realize black wasn't an accent option. Yeah I ordered the black one too, the accent on it is slate blue which only being available as a wheel color, I thought looked neat as the cars accent color. Threw on the Cheetah Carbon R's with slate blue color as well and they compliment each other nicely.

Edit: just checked and yeah you're right, that's a bummer, not even any of the midnight colors are available.

Does anyone know what the purchasable Vagner accent colors are? 

Black gives you slate blue, but what is the orange accent on the green Vagner? It does not look purchasable at LSC. Thanks!

Pedinhuh
  • Pedinhuh

Get down on it!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted A day ago

I don't really find this OP at all...My XA-21 can keep up with it.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users