Solo Public Lobbies... Still Working?

158 replies to this topic
kenmy13999
  • kenmy13999

Soldier

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 17 June 2017 - 12:28 PM

All u guys had to do was keep solo lobbies to yourselves !!! Stop posting secretes .. That's the only way rockstar knows... That solo lobby was a secret from ps3 days.. Thanks Asshole .. Keep your damn mouth shut

WTF are you talking about? And solo lobby on PS3 is called invite only...
  • gtafan26, alkaline_, AUScowboy and 1 other like this

jtet37
  • jtet37

Want his Police Buffalo back.....

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 June 2017 - 04:29 AM

http://gtaforums.com...on-on-xbox-one/

hei3enberg in 11th post has a great write up.

Bakkerbaard
  • Bakkerbaard

Sideburns!

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 18 June 2017 - 04:57 AM

Do you remember when we were all bitching about not being able to get into a full lobby and that Rockstar's servers were crap? Ah, I love us.

• Gridl0k, bulldog385, SmokesWithCigs and 2 others like this

CarnageRacing00
  • CarnageRacing00

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 June 2017 - 10:53 PM

Do you remember when we were all bitching about not being able to get into a full lobby and that Rockstar's servers were crap? Ah, I love us.

Yep.

https://www.reddit.c..._name=frontpage

SharoFFenstein
  • SharoFFenstein

GTA Veteran

• Members
  • Denmark

Posted 20 June 2017 - 02:25 AM

To people whining for patched solo session: Get in bunker, Make sure your supply bar is full, you have assigned staff on reasearch or Stock or whatever and you have the security update, then go watch your security cameras while afk'ing for a couple hours (the game wont idle kick you and will work on your reaserch bar meanwhile). Go watch a movie or clean your dishes, sleep or whatever... after 4 6 hours you are totally alone on the server and have potentialy unlocked 1.5 reasearch upgrades ^^

If all upgrade unlockes unlocked & bought, just work on your Stock ^^
  • Hécate-II likes this

tommyguns
  • tommyguns

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 June 2017 - 08:53 PM

Not played since GR dropped, the crap T2 & C* have pulled with this has taken them to new heights of greed, horrible balance wrecking dumbness & blatancy.

But my nephew asked if I knew any solo methods so I tried MTU for him, xb1.

Logged in to router settings while he loaded into online, then I changed the MTU starting at 750 and went down in increments of 10, all the way down to 600....no luck

Gave it 5-10 seconds each time after I hit update on the MTU settings but he remained in a packed session

Acronym
  • Acronym

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 July 2017 - 10:31 PM

PC firewall outbound UDP port block = Working

Can you elaborate on this?

I've done something along these lines and worked once so would be useful to know if you did anything different

smurfynz
  • smurfynz

Hayer Plater

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 26 July 2017 - 04:24 AM

I've done something along these lines and worked once so would be useful to know if you did anything different

Put a Firewall block on UDP ports 6672, 61455, 61457, 61456, 61458, 61722. This can be on local Windows firewall (or a third party firewall app if you are using one) or directly on the modem/router if your device supports it

Their matchmaking code does still manage to place you in a lobby with a few others sometimes, but usually only takes a minute or so for it to empty out  or you can try new session a couple of times.

Pocket Fox
  • Pocket Fox

Kinda Foxy

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 July 2017 - 01:03 PM

or you can block both incoming and outgoing and pretty much no one can join you ever.

Acronym
  • Acronym

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 July 2017 - 10:40 AM

Put a Firewall block on UDP ports 6672, 61455, 61457, 61456, 61458, 61722. This can be on local Windows firewall (or a third party firewall app if you are using one) or directly on the modem/router if your device supports it

Their matchmaking code does still manage to place you in a lobby with a few others sometimes, but usually only takes a minute or so for it to empty out  or you can try new session a couple of times.

Will try this over the weekend and see how I get on!

I assume I can just switch the rules off on the firewall as and find a new session if I want to go into public again?

Pocket Fox
  • Pocket Fox

Kinda Foxy

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 July 2017 - 09:03 AM

Will try this over the weekend and see how I get on!

I assume I can just switch the rules off on the firewall as and find a new session if I want to go into public again?

Yes you can, depending on how you set the rules up.

I normally exit the game entirely, disable the rules and re-load. 

Acronym
  • Acronym

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 July 2017 - 01:20 AM

Finally tried this out and have repeatedly been dropped into really busy sessions.
Have switched over to free aim and still got a lobby of 25

Foreverpast
  • Foreverpast

Polite Upon Request

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 July 2017 - 10:47 PM Edited by Foreverpast, 31 July 2017 - 10:48 PM.

Wifi-To E-cable is still the easiest for Xbox One.

About a 75% success rate but retrying doesn't take long at all.

For me when I use that technique my Router switches from "Open" to "Moderate" when I plug in the E-cable, & NOBODY ever joins me.

Sure it's not a 100% success, about 25% of the attempts I get signed out of the servers, but it's so much more convenient.

I previously used the Router UDP port blocking methods, & it was fine.

However I got tired of having to go back & unblock them whenever I actually wanted to play with other people.

Acronym
  • Acronym

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 July 2017 - 11:37 PM Edited by Acronym, 31 July 2017 - 11:48 PM.

So I've re-done the firewall settings tonight, have blocked incoming and outgoing UDP Ports (6672, 61455, 61457, 61456, 61458, 61722) through Windows Firewall with advanced security program.

No solo lobbies (free aim or assisted) and after a couple of attempts of finding a new lobby I was kicked into single player. Absolute killer as I purely play solo.

Ethernet isn't an option for my XB1 and i have a Sky Router so can only change MTU inside a certain limit which prevents me using that method.

EDIT:

Have the outgoing UDP Ports blocked and incoming 6672 only blocked, get into one session (busy) then disconnected when trying to find new lobby. I think R* may be onto this! (or it just doesn't work for me you know...)

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

hortif*ckingculturalist

• GTAF Crew
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 01 August 2017 - 11:25 AM

^ Pull the cable between your router and the wall/openreach box for 6-7s.

Cpwfosal
  • Cpwfosal

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 August 2017 - 11:42 AM

When you pull the cable though you have to be in your apartment/garage/bunker /office/warehouse or it will kick you out aswell

Acronym
  • Acronym

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 August 2017 - 07:14 PM

Thanks both.

Have tried this, have been kicked to SP or nothing happened on both occasions.

Don't think the Sky Hub router is the ideal one for this kind of advanced hacking.
  • Gridl0k likes this

Sentinel Driver
  • Sentinel Driver

Mendoza has been f*cking hit!!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 12 August 2017 - 08:34 PM

Bad sport + Freeaim = empty lobby almost 100% guaranteed! Only downside is that if someone happens to join they will probably blow you to smithereens.

• Gridl0k likes this

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

hortif*ckingculturalist

• GTAF Crew
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 13 August 2017 - 11:27 AM

Don't think the Sky Hub router is the ideal one for this kind of advanced hacking.

It is ;)

Try opening a website before you do it, a page where you can buy something (a car page or whatever).

Acronym
  • Acronym

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 August 2017 - 07:31 PM

It is ;)

Try opening a website before you do it, a page where you can buy something (a car page or whatever).

In game?
  • Gridl0k likes this

smurfynz
  • smurfynz

Hayer Plater

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 14 August 2017 - 04:40 AM

It is ;)

In game?

OK, 1stly, are you playing on PC or XBox?

If playing on Xbox, then setting rules on the Windows Firewall will make no difference, it will only block the ports on that PC.

I don't have any experience with XBox (I'm a PC and PS3 guy) but I'm sure you'll need to be able to block the ports on the router (Sky Hub) for the XBox IP. 

If it is like most ISP provided routers, it will be limited in terms of what firewall functionality it will have. This suggests it may be possible (follow those instructions for the 6xxxx ports we've mentioned).

• Acronym likes this

Acronym
  • Acronym

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 August 2017 - 07:20 PM

It is ;)

In game?

OK, 1stly, are you playing on PC or XBox?

If playing on Xbox, then setting rules on the Windows Firewall will make no difference, it will only block the ports on that PC.

I don't have any experience with XBox (I'm a PC and PS3 guy) but I'm sure you'll need to be able to block the ports on the router (Sky Hub) for the XBox IP. 

If it is like most ISP provided routers, it will be limited in terms of what firewall functionality it will have. This suggests it may be possible (follow those instructions for the 6xxxx ports we've mentioned).

Xbox. Didn't know that assumed firewall would deal with any traffic incoming and outgoing from the router.

Couldn't work out the sky router settings before but will give this a go later! Thanks

Acronym
  • Acronym

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 August 2017 - 11:27 PM

Blocked all inbound (IPv4 and IPv6) no luck.

Have now blocked outbound but have just been kicked from online twice (luckily after just completing a bunker sale in a quiet lobby)

Just loaded into new session, only 4 people so will see how this goes and restart router in a bit

Acronym
  • Acronym

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 August 2017 - 12:14 AM

Lobby of four lasted 5 minutes, had to avoid 2 jets for nearly an entire cocaine sale. Spent most of it on foot with homing launcher.

Hit find new session and ended up in a session with 11, so have reset the router to ensure the outbound blocking has also taken effect

Acronym
  • Acronym

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 August 2017 - 07:20 PM

After resetting router, went into a lobby with one other person for about half hour. Not unusual experience at that time of night I have found previously. So I guess still no solo lobby for me :(

Anybody (probably Gridl0k) fancy screenshotting the services page from their sky router so I can check I've got the right settings showing?

Acronym
  • Acronym

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 August 2017 - 10:04 PM

Sorry, hate to repeatedly spam a thread but....

Just read from a Rockstar support page that:

[quote] Xbox Live requires the following ports to be open:

Port 88 (UDP)
Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)
Port 53 (UDP and TCP)
Port 80 (TCP)
Port 500 (UDP)
Port 3544 (UDP)
Port 4500 (UDP)
[\quote]

Should I look to be blocking any of these or will that prevent a connection to Live?

Currently loaded into a session of 4 that grew to 6

bulldog385
  • bulldog385

Truck Enthusiast

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 August 2017 - 06:29 AM

My NATs are set at Moderate, but yet I Can Get into 20+ Player Lobbies and stay for Hours?

I wonder if Playing hooked via a Tethered Cell phone would work at getting empty Pubs anymore? I use to do this little trick with my old 360. Sure I Couldnt play with Friends much, But Pretty Much Nowadays, I'm a Lone Ranger anyways... Also a Big thx (or Maybe that should be a Big "F U") to the Makers of Rainbow Six: Siege.. I Don't know.

morotupac
  • morotupac

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 August 2017 - 06:36 AM

yes, still working, stoping the process

jackrobot
  • jackrobot

Old Geezer

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 August 2017 - 07:07 AM

For those on PC that are having trouble, there's a simple tool called "GTA V Solo Public Session 3.0.". I wont link it as a search will do you. Saves faffing about with your firewall and works a treat.  

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

hortif*ckingculturalist

• GTAF Crew
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 16 August 2017 - 10:02 AM Edited by Gridl0k, 16 August 2017 - 10:03 AM.

Anybody (probably Gridl0k) fancy screenshotting the services page from their sky router so I can check I've got the right settings showing?

Hypothetically, I would open a car page (like XA21, the page where you select colour) and remove the cable between your wifi hub and the modem attached to the wall or the wall itself, depending on your setup, for 8-10s, then see what happens. Ideally in your bunker or office or apartment.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users