Solo Public Lobbies... Still Working?

158 replies to this topic
stroup
  • stroup

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 June 2017 - 08:48 PM

Been using MTU 600 - works fine, no-one else joined in a 5 hour session.

• ryannata likes this

VulcanFanatic
  • VulcanFanatic

Long time GTA online player

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 June 2017 - 11:31 PM

To top it off, players only get $2,000 for destroying hundreds of thousands worth of goods. It shows you that Rockstar is just trying to punish and troll hard work.

So... you are saying that it would be better if they gave, like, 50.000 $ for destroying your cargo?
Yes or even $100,000. Then I can understand their motivation is at least money. For $2,000, it's clear that Rockstar just wants to troll and grief it's players.

Rockstar insists on creating such a toxic and paranoid environment with the constant broadcast of what gangs and organizations are up to.
This is why I think having servers without player blips would be a complete game-changer. Hardly anyone seems to agree..

barceloni19
  • barceloni19

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 June 2017 - 03:16 AM Edited by barceloni19, 15 June 2017 - 03:18 AM.

I use a lag switch app on my phone. Turn it on set at 25% and find new session. Wait in the clouds about 15 seconds and turn it off. Works fine for me, had enough time to sell a full cocaine lockup solo before another player joined.

alchemist3321
  • alchemist3321

Snitch

• Members

Posted 15 June 2017 - 03:34 AM

If nothing else works, you can always switch session til you're a empty one. Did it three times today and at most I had to switch three times before I got a empty one, the other two times was one and two session change before I was alone

this is the method. been doing it for as long as i can remember. i've even been able to play in the same one for 10-12 hours at times. sometimes friends join in and every now and then rockstar will throw a random in with me. generally if they see it's a solo public session they simply go about making money themselves, especially if they are higher levels.....kind of a mutual respect thing that doesn't even require a text or message. just kind of an unspoken rule between legit high levels.

i do notice once someone does join it seems to have a much more likelihood of opening the floodgates and getting others. but it also seems like if they are trolls, looking for trouble, or to grief they tend to leave quickly because the small lobby isn't their game.

• Nacho Z likes this

Mattoropael
  • Mattoropael

Proud Killer of Rate The Car Above You

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 15 June 2017 - 03:37 AM

PC can still lag it out with Resource Monitor's "Suspend Process" function. Just hold it for like 5 or a few more seconds, resume process and repeat if it doesn't work.

Doesn't guarantee that the session will stay empty (although it generally does), but you can just pause whatever the hell you were doing and do it again.

aizwootler
  • aizwootler

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 15 June 2017 - 03:54 AM

Still easy on Xbox. Pick your favorite UDP flooder (go ahead, use LOIC, I don't judge), bombard your Xbox's Live port with garbage packets for about 5 seconds, and that's it.

Nathanhny
  • Nathanhny

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 June 2017 - 04:00 AM

I use a lag switch app on my phone. Turn it on set at 25% and find new session. Wait in the clouds about 15 seconds and turn it off. Works fine for me, had enough time to sell a full cocaine lockup solo before another player joined.

Do you mind me asking what app you use?
  • barceloni19 and El Payaso like this

Blaquerayne
  • Blaquerayne

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 June 2017 - 05:28 AM

@ Trav741 - all your info can be found here http://bfy.tw/CMJX

Okay, that tells me how to find it on Xbox one, how do I change it on Xbox one? Can it even be changed though the Xbox one or do I have to go though the router?

aizwootler
  • aizwootler

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 15 June 2017 - 06:19 AM

@ Trav741 - all your info can be found here http://bfy.tw/CMJX

Okay, that tells me how to find it on Xbox one, how do I change it on Xbox one? Can it even be changed though the Xbox one or do I have to go though the router?

You can't.

But there's faster methods anyways.

Mr Spanky
  • Mr Spanky

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • England

Posted 15 June 2017 - 06:34 AM

The MTU method, is that on the router or the console?

Using xb1, and not got a clue, was doing the playlist method until it was patched

Trav741
  • Trav741

Crackhead

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 15 June 2017 - 07:17 AM Edited by Trav741, 15 June 2017 - 07:18 AM.

Login to your router and then find your mtu settings

On router gotta do it through your laptop Xbox has nothing to do with it

Nacho Z
  • Nacho Z

Boss

• Members
  • England

Posted 15 June 2017 - 07:26 AM

If nothing else works, you can always switch session til you're a empty one. Did it three times today and at most I had to switch three times before I got a empty one, the other two times was one and two session change before I was alone

I tried this last night after hearing the empty sessions had been 'fixed' (gee thanks R*) and it took maybe five switches before I got one. I was only in it for half an hour but nobody else joined.
  • ryannata likes this

Trav741
  • Trav741

Crackhead

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 15 June 2017 - 07:26 AM

What mtu settings do people have for xbox

Blaquerayne
  • Blaquerayne

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 June 2017 - 08:30 AM

Login to your router and then find your mtu settings

On router gotta do it through your laptop Xbox has nothing to do with it

That sounds too damn complicated. Besides other people use the router, I don't want to mess things up for them. I tried looking for an empty lobby but couldn't find one, even at 2 in the morning, I guess some people are enjoying the new stuff. Hopefully people will get used to it (or bored with it) and I'll be able to find a room to work in peace, until then I'll have to find something else to do.

Trav741
  • Trav741

Crackhead

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 15 June 2017 - 08:45 AM

Yeah it took me an hour to work it out

VDTor
  • VDTor

Bring Justice For The A-10!

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 June 2017 - 09:57 AM

At the current moment, my 1MBPS internet speed is allowing me to connect/create solo sedsions.

Tokasmoka
  • Tokasmoka

Peon

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 15 June 2017 - 02:37 PM

Not that I played a lot yesterday but every session I tried to join had people either in it or joining it.  This was ps4 using the MTU trick. 

P34NUTZ
  • P34NUTZ

Captain Cockmunch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 June 2017 - 05:59 PM

Can I get the name of the app?

P4DR0N3
  • P4DR0N3

12 o'clock flasher

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 June 2017 - 07:38 PM

Platform:XB1

With the playlist method gone I've tr ied the video editing method with limited success.

However one method has been proving successful for me.

Due to my nature I enjoy the Gun Range challenges and spend time there between resupplies and sales to let research and stock build.

I have noticed that when I go and spend 20-30 minutes more often than not when I leave the range the session is empty except for me. Makes resupplies and sales much easier.
  • TyrionV likes this

jtet37
  • jtet37

Want his Police Buffalo back.....

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 June 2017 - 11:22 PM

Does trim vid work? I assume the first step is record a video?
Share button
Save vid (square)
Go capture gallery
Select vid and trim
Back out and go back to game

I only tried it twice then got an invite to something fun, havent heard anyone else mention it...except P4DR0N3 above haha.

barceloni19
  • barceloni19

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 June 2017 - 09:20 AM Edited by barceloni19, 16 June 2017 - 09:24 AM.

Do you mind me asking what app you use?

It's in the google play store. It's called "Lag Switch" by BHSoft. Just don't set it too high, or it'll just kick you offline completely. Very easy to use once you figure out what number works best.

P34NUTZ
  • P34NUTZ

Captain Cockmunch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 June 2017 - 09:28 AM

I've tried that app, it never works for me.

What did work was UDP Unicorn set at 5 to attack Xbox live. I use it while switching sessions, I get stuck in the clouds for a while and then turn off UDP Unicorn. Then a few minutes later I'm solo.

It's a real pain in the arse.

Schumy7
  • Schumy7

Social Club number 1 World Rankings.

• BUSTED!
  • Netherlands

Posted 16 June 2017 - 10:01 AM Edited by Schumy7, 16 June 2017 - 10:47 AM.

Lagout a session still works my friend.
Or??

KWF1981
  • KWF1981

Gangsta

• Members
  • England

Posted 16 June 2017 - 10:25 AM

Xlag just kicks me from the sessions too, tried somany times, tried longer and shorter bursts, tried higher and lower levels...

MTU for me takes forever to load in, often saying it couldn't and dumpes me in story, the couple of times it worked, I did 1 job in one session and crashed, next time, it crashed on the setting upof a supply steal...

All in all... Bollocks.

Ahh well... It was a good run... I got plenty of cash to care, still thing to do/complete... the vehicles ain't my bag, but I'll chip away at discounts as i feel they'll improve heists and missions for me... Seen the Halftrack on PS - Convoy, was so easy... Lol... Definately in for that, and got the drip feed covered too now, garage-wise...

Even with a DLC that doesn't appeal to me, I still can't not play a bit of GTA... Made up some good numbers in solo sessions, and I/E around others is fairly easy, I'm set... Let the games begin...

FaultyDroid
  • FaultyDroid

Not the one you're looking for

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 16 June 2017 - 11:42 AM

Xlag just kicks me from the sessions too, tried somany times, tried longer and shorter bursts, tried higher and lower levels...

MTU for me takes forever to load in, often saying it couldn't and dumpes me in story, the couple of times it worked, I did 1 job in one session and crashed, next time, it crashed on the setting upof a supply steal...

All in all... Bollocks.

Ahh well... It was a good run... I got plenty of cash to care, still thing to do/complete... the vehicles ain't my bag, but I'll chip away at discounts as i feel they'll improve heists and missions for me... Seen the Halftrack on PS - Convoy, was so easy... Lol... Definately in for that, and got the drip feed covered too now, garage-wise...

Even with a DLC that doesn't appeal to me, I still can't not play a bit of GTA... Made up some good numbers in solo sessions, and I/E around others is fairly easy, I'm set... Let the games begin...

Neither Xlag or the MTU method will work the same with everyone sadly. Relying on throttling your connection I guess, when no two peoples connections are exactly the same.

barceloni19
  • barceloni19

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 June 2017 - 12:58 PM Edited by barceloni19, 16 June 2017 - 01:01 PM.

I've tried that app, it never works for me.

What did work was UDP Unicorn set at 5 to attack Xbox live. I use it while switching sessions, I get stuck in the clouds for a while and then turn off UDP Unicorn. Then a few minutes later I'm solo.

It's a real pain in the arse.

I'm on ps4, that might make a difference. I've only recently started using it. Used to just do the change date method to split the session. Sucks, cause that way was so quick and easy. Messing with the router is too much for me. And I don't like changing the MTU in case a friend sends me an invite or something.

AUScowboy
  • AUScowboy

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 June 2017 - 01:17 PM

When this many people are concerned about this and R* are so stubborn and vigilant it just makes R* look very petty.
  • Calakarad and jtet37 like this

Lurkz
  • Lurkz

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 June 2017 - 02:52 PM

All u guys had to do was keep solo lobbies to yourselves !!! Stop posting secretes .. That's the only way rockstar knows... That solo lobby was a secret from ps3 days.. Thanks Asshole .. Keep your damn mouth shut

barceloni19
  • barceloni19

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 June 2017 - 01:25 AM

Pretty sure they didn't intend to patch the methods for splitting sessions. They did say they wanted to improve joining public lobbies and less split sessions and such. I think this was just a side effect of it. If they wanted to, it would've been "fixed" a long time ago.
  • Strikeslip likes this

whywontyoulisten
  • whywontyoulisten

Adapt or die

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 17 June 2017 - 12:01 PM

Network errors are doing just as good a job for me...

• docholladay1976 likes this

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users