Solo Public Lobbies... Still Working?

158 replies to this topic
Bakkerbaard
  • Bakkerbaard

Sideburns!

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 13 June 2017 - 07:48 PM

This Xlag thing, does it still allow me to play with one other person? (Because that's about how many friends I have, I'm a classic gamer.)

MTU makes it difficult to connect with my buddy and the higher we set it, the more randoms we get. Any other tips to get a not-quite-but-mainly-solo session going would be welcome.

VoodooVibez
  • VoodooVibez

🤜Kovic Klan🤛

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 June 2017 - 08:41 PM Edited by VoodooVibez, 13 June 2017 - 08:43 PM.

X lag still works, in solo right now.  Use insane lag when trying to join online, gets me solo every time.  If this and MTU settings still work I would imagine that watching 4k videos on youtube on a different device on the same network would still work if your internet is not great.

I've never been able to get Xlag to actually work for me...

Do you activate it when joining a session? 

Yes, I set it to insane, join an online session from single player and when it zooms up to the clouds I click start on xlag. When it starts zooming down I click stop on xlag.

Hmmmmm... I can't get the right setting for mine! I either still end up in a full lobby or can't load online altogether :/ 

I'm currently getting 9.20 Mbps whereas before I was getting around 14  :lol: Nevermind still had Xlag running

FaultyDroid
  • FaultyDroid

Not the one you're looking for

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 13 June 2017 - 09:24 PM

X lag still works, in solo right now.  Use insane lag when trying to join online, gets me solo every time.  If this and MTU settings still work I would imagine that watching 4k videos on youtube on a different device on the same network would still work if your internet is not great.

Yes, I set it to insane, join an online session from single player and when it zooms up to the clouds I click start on xlag. When it starts zooming down I click stop on xlag.

Hmmmmm... I can't get the right setting for mine! I either still end up in a full lobby or can't load online altogether :/ 

I'm currently getting 9.20 Mbps whereas before I was getting around 14  :lol: Nevermind still had Xlag running

I always activated it mid session, if I switched it while joining I could end up stuck in the clouds for ages. Try different methods til you find what works.
  • VoodooVibez likes this

kenmy13999
  • kenmy13999

Soldier

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 13 June 2017 - 09:38 PM

If nothing else works, you can always switch session til you're a empty one. Did it three times today and at most I had to switch three times before I got a empty one, the other two times was one and two session change before I was alone
  • alchemist3321, VoodooVibez, Nacho Z and 3 others like this

VoodooVibez
  • VoodooVibez

🤜Kovic Klan🤛

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 June 2017 - 09:54 PM

If nothing else works, you can always switch session til you're a empty one. Did it three times today and at most I had to switch three times before I got a empty one, the other two times was one and two session change before I was alone

I managed to get it to work... Did what FaultyDroid mentioned. 

Had one running mid session, then when I noticed some heavy lagging... flipped on another 2 (Insane and Low), and got an instant drop

Cheers for the help 

• kenmy13999 and FaultyDroid like this

Semaj 2JZ♢
  • Semaj 2JZ♢

Switch up my style. I take any lane.

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 June 2017 - 11:16 PM

Since I run off a mobile hotspot for my X1, my solo lobby methods are literally non-existent now...however, after a little phone fiddling, I got the lobby I was in to empty. Hooray, right? Well, I'm now out of my free game time for now, just as I've accomplished it. 🖓🙁

The thing is, this fiddling worked 1 time on my old phone to get an empty lobby, then never worked again...Why I tried it again? Desperation, obviously. 😅 I hope when I get back on later, this method will continue to work. 🤞😑🤞

Tokasmoka
  • Tokasmoka

Peon

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 13 June 2017 - 11:28 PM

Can someone explain how the mtu trick works on ps4?  I changed it to 600 and 800 but i get stuck trying to join a session.

ash-274
  • ash-274

Guru of the Gang Cars and Special items

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 June 2017 - 11:32 PM

Can someone explain how the mtu trick works on ps4?  I changed it to 600 and 800 but i get stuck trying to join a session.

Them's the breaks with that method

I had two timeouts and two successful lobbies when I had it set to 577.  No one joined me (for more than a few seconds) in my lobby.

Getting timeouts is normal with the MTU method

• Tokasmoka and ryannata like this

Tokasmoka
  • Tokasmoka

Peon

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 13 June 2017 - 11:37 PM

Them's the breaks with that method

I had two timeouts and two successful lobbies when I had it set to 577.  No one joined me (for more than a few seconds) in my lobby.

Getting timeouts is normal with the MTU method

Ah, thanks.

A.I.R
  • A.I.R

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 14 June 2017 - 12:38 AM

Get in a solo lobby whit the mtu 800. Ps4!

Bakkerbaard
  • Bakkerbaard

Sideburns!

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 14 June 2017 - 12:47 AM

Get in a solo lobby whit the mtu 800. Ps4!

Same here. In there right now.

Dsantos
  • Dsantos

Heist Security Overseer

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 14 June 2017 - 01:32 AM

Guys I was alone with a friend and i did like 4 stealig supplies missions in a row without the bar filling, but when i changed session it was full  and the staff started working.. 

• El Payaso likes this

Giantsgiants
  • Giantsgiants

Boss

• Members
  • Mauritius

Posted 14 June 2017 - 05:13 AM

Making these jobs doable in solo or invite only lobbies is the best way to solve this whole debacle.

Nothing is going to stop griefers. Even if the delivery vehicles took a million jet cannon rounds to destroy, I guarantee the trolls will still be hell-bent on destroying your cargo.

• Mattoropael, Silencer555, El Payaso and 1 other like this

Trav741
  • Trav741

Crackhead

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 14 June 2017 - 06:49 AM Edited by Trav741, 14 June 2017 - 06:50 AM.

I still don't get how to do the Mtu settings like how do you change it on Xbox one in a very simple way please expIain
just don't get it hah
  • El Payaso likes this

El Payaso
  • El Payaso

CPoC

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 June 2017 - 08:12 AM

When I see someone cry about the solo public session being cheating or "cheesing" I just cant help but laugh. Fact is there are tons with modded multimillions who do not have to worry about making money legit so they get bored, grab a jet and just blow up the players who actually earn legit money who are also extremely vulnerable in their 5mph post op vans. Its all a way to sell more shark cards to those who do not mod money which is one reason other than not being a complete A-hole I will not destroy others cargo. I'm not going to help R make more money espeically when they refuse to fix their sh*t servers. 

"Hey, LJT here. We are attempting some DISCRETION here by pretending we're the postal service..."

Proceeds to blast your location to every single player on the map with a big red target.

So much for discretion.

To top it off, players only get $2,000 for destroying hundreds of thousands worth of goods. It shows you that Rockstar is just trying to punish and troll hard work.

What platform are you on? Please state it in your posts.

• Coleco, KWF1981 and ryannata like this

Kesha_F1
  • Kesha_F1

EFO owner

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 14 June 2017 - 08:30 AM

:r*: patched playlist method? Oh noooo! :miranda:

Quadro
  • Quadro

Director of Community Development - PBMO

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • Australia
  • Best Content Creator Job 2016 [Car Foosball - Paleto Bay]

Posted 14 June 2017 - 08:36 AM

@ Trav741 - all your info can be found here http://bfy.tw/CMJX

• Trav741 likes this

Cool Username
  • Cool Username

Reporting passive abusers

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 June 2017 - 09:01 AM

To top it off, players only get $2,000 for destroying hundreds of thousands worth of goods. It shows you that Rockstar is just trying to punish and troll hard work.

So... you are saying that it would be better if they gave, like, 50.000 $ for destroying your cargo?
  • jtet37 likes this

Mr. Larson
  • Mr. Larson

Homeboy

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 14 June 2017 - 09:28 AM

In the 1.40 Patch Notes, there is this line item:

• Improvements have been made in GTA Online to prevent crashes, improve the quality of matchmaking, and reduce the number of network connection issues such as disconnections and split sessions.

I suspect that the difficulties in creating solo-pub lobbies are due to some sort of improvement in network connection rather than an attempt to troll us by patching solo-pub methods. However, without checking back on previous release notes, this line item sounds familiar to me. Maybe this improvement is just that good.

They always say this. They never improve anything. Transition time between lobbies is back to up to 30 minutes and since date-change is not doing the job anymore, it's significantly harder to skip never ending clouds. GG, R*.

• AUScowboy likes this

BlackMilk
  • BlackMilk

A Forgettable Killer

• Members
  • Netherlands
  • Contribution Award [GTA Online]

Posted 14 June 2017 - 10:15 AM

So now there's a bunch more vehicles that have weapons usable by the driver and a heavy sniper upgrade that lets you fire explosive rounds? It sounds great to take down jet pilots but now I'm even more afraid of setting foot in a public session without passive mode. Not just for fear of losing product/crates/guns but dying in general.

Funny, really. We'd been saying "remove explosive rounds" when talking about the jets for a few years and instead they add explosive rounds to other weapons in the game and make the problem bigger.

KWF1981
  • KWF1981

Soldier

• Members
  • England

Posted 14 June 2017 - 10:31 AM

So now there's a bunch more vehicles that have weapons usable by the driver and a heavy sniper upgrade that lets you fire explosive rounds? It sounds great to take down jet pilots but now I'm even more afraid of setting foot in a public session without passive mode. Not just for fear of losing product/crates/guns but dying in general.

Funny, really. We'd been saying "remove explosive rounds" when talking about the jets for a few years and instead they add explosive rounds to other weapons in the game and make the problem bigger.

Personally, I always felt the Biker DLC was in effort to troll too, after the petitions, certainly when driving the post op vans/trash trucks/heli's and planes, I feel this way... No access as a MC boss to anything substantial... Only 1 biker sale, on an actual bike!

Maybe just me, but what do I know...I ain't R*, nor in an MC, so fail to see the benefits... I'd favour 4 in a CEO, than 8 in Bikers with the toys available on tap...Lol...

• ryannata likes this

ryannata
  • ryannata

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 June 2017 - 12:49 PM

It works! thanks man, nice one!

• kenmy13999 likes this

El Payaso
  • El Payaso

CPoC

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 June 2017 - 01:07 PM

So... you are saying that it would be better if they gave, like, 50.000 $ for destroying your cargo?

Yes or even $100,000. Then I can understand their motivation is at least money. For $2,000, it's clear that Rockstar just wants to troll and grief it's players.

Rockstar insists on creating such a toxic and paranoid environment with the constant broadcast of what gangs and organizations are up to.
  • livejoker, Mattoropael, jtet37 and 2 others like this

-Morbid-
  • -Morbid-

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 June 2017 - 01:11 PM

Yes or even $100,000. Then I can understand their motivation is at least money. For $2,000, it's clear that Rockstar just wants to troll and grief it's players.

Rockstar insists on creating such a toxic and paranoid environment with the constant broadcast of what gangs and organizations are up to.

...Yeah, let's raise the incentive to wreck other people's sh*t. That will make things better.

Sky_Light12
  • Sky_Light12

insane troll, the troll prodigy

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 14 June 2017 - 01:11 PM

well the time method no longer works for me though

apparently while MTU method is still working , i had problem connecting just 1 session

kenmy13999
  • kenmy13999

Soldier

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 14 June 2017 - 03:39 PM

It works! thanks man, nice one!
Np, glad to hear it worked for you
  • ryannata likes this

Cool Username
  • Cool Username

Reporting passive abusers

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 June 2017 - 05:18 PM

No, man. Just no. Trust me on this.

With 100.000 $ per cargo destroyed, why would I do anything else while in a public lobby?

MikeyDLuffy
  • MikeyDLuffy

Cucamonga Cracker Killaz

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 June 2017 - 06:24 PM

PS4 MTU trick works fine

El Payaso
  • El Payaso

CPoC

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 June 2017 - 07:37 PM

No, man. Just no. Trust me on this.

With 100.000 $ per cargo destroyed, why would I do anything else while in a public lobby?

True, true. You make a good point. It just feels so bad when someone destroys your cargo and you know it wasn't for the money. It was just too grief you. I guess the best thing would be for Rockstar to simply not broadcast location and announce what businesses are up to.

Just let people grief like normal.

FaultyDroid
  • FaultyDroid

Not the one you're looking for

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 14 June 2017 - 08:47 PM

This is why I think having servers without player blips would be a complete game-changer. Hardly anyone seems to agree..
  • Calakarad, livejoker, -Morbid- and 3 others like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users