Cheetah Classic Discussion Thread

661 replies to this topic
metoxys
  • metoxys

modern supercar & gold plating enthusiast

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 15 June 2017 - 06:19 PM

Here's some footage of me racing it against the Ardent, Torero, and Turismo Classic

• Mr.ClaudeFan and Pedinhuh like this

Commander S
  • Commander S

Work hard, mustard big

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 15 June 2017 - 06:57 PM

Looks like a mix between the Testarossa and the 308 GTS, compared to the Turismo Classic's F40/Testarossa mix

As a Magnum P.I. fanboi this pleases me greatly.

Actually, there's something else in there, too - that thin bumper 'insert' thing (between the pop-up lights and the grille) was bugging me, and I've finally put my mind to rest:

It's from the 328 GTB:

800px-Ferrari_328_GTS_-_Flickr_-_Alexand

In fact, the entire front end is pretty dang close. Makes a lot of sense, design-wise - nicely done, R*!

(adds this to the list of 'surprisingly well-designed cars that R*, amazingly, hasn't screwed up', along with the GP1 and Elegy Retro)

• Mr.ClaudeFan, Pedinhuh and XxD_ALBANIANxX like this

TheIceWarrior
  • TheIceWarrior

Semiserio

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 16 June 2017 - 02:04 AM Edited by TheIceWarrior, 16 June 2017 - 02:04 AM.

They definitely f*cked up with the rear license plate placement, it should be lower.

• nido997 likes this

dasgluk
  • dasgluk

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 16 June 2017 - 05:40 AM

They definitely f*cked up with the rear license plate placement, it should be lower.

You mean hanging between the exhaust pipes?

ioW88Co.png

einjzmolf
  • einjzmolf

TERROR THROUGH ACRONYMS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 June 2017 - 09:07 AM

Imma pure black this puppy all day
  • OVO and CaptianBackwoods like this

TheIceWarrior
  • TheIceWarrior

Semiserio

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 16 June 2017 - 10:24 AM Edited by TheIceWarrior, 16 June 2017 - 10:27 AM.

You mean hanging between the exhaust pipes?

ioW88Co.png
Precisely, or at least lower it a bit, just like they did with the original VC/SA design.
Cheetah-GTASA-rear.jpg
  • BigBrother67 and nido997 like this

AUScowboy
  • AUScowboy

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 June 2017 - 12:39 PM

Those of us playing for a few years now assumed this would happen. Add Turismo Classic and Infernus Classic with touches of Testarossa to them, and then in the next update, add more accurate version as well as the Countach that everyone was hoping the Infernus Classic would have been. Definitely not complaining, quite the opposite. Them bilking us is how these cars are made possible to begin with, honesty just very glad and appreciative that we're even getting them!
  • Nasty Noodles, xaml, 79'Blazer4x4 and 5 others like this

hank_wayne
  • hank_wayne

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 June 2017 - 10:43 PM

Can someone replicate the white cheetah from the vercetti estate in gta vice city Rear and front quarter pics.
Please and thank you.

Commander S
  • Commander S

Work hard, mustard big

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 16 June 2017 - 10:54 PM

Just out of curiosity, I looked up the nearest rims to the Vice City version, and for anyone wanting to recreate that look, you're probably best off using (alloy) Cosmo tuner rims:

GKojmde.jpg

(note that there's another Cosmo variant under Sport/SUV, but that's dished with chrome trim, and doesn't have the right amount of sidewall for that authentic 3D-era look! ;))

Meanwhile, chrome Slicer three-spoke ones (above, bottom row) are the nearest GTA V has to the GTA III sports rims - and as for the six-spoke San Andreas ones, I'm actually rather impressed at how the stock Cheetah Classic ones are a nice update of those. :)

AJFast12
  • AJFast12

Friendly Player and Racer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 June 2017 - 10:56 PM

Just out of curiosity, I looked up the nearest rims to the Vice City version, and for anyone wanting to recreate that look, you're probably best off using (alloy) Cosmo tuner rims:

GKojmde.jpg

(note that there's another Cosmo variant under Sport/SUV, but that's dished with chrome trim, and doesn't have the right amount of sidewall for that authentic 3D-era look! ;))

Meanwhile, chrome Slicer three-spoke ones (above, bottom row) are the nearest GTA V has to the GTA III sports rims - and as for the six-spoke San Andreas ones, I'm actually rather impressed at how the stock Cheetah Classic ones are a nice update of those. :)

I was wondering do any rims affect car performance? For example (tuner rims on a super car?)

Commander S
  • Commander S

Work hard, mustard big

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 16 June 2017 - 11:16 PM

I was wondering do any rims affect car performance? For example (tuner rims on a super car?)

Hmm... Complicated issue, that (sorry to go on a slight off-topic tangent from the Cheetah Classic, folks! :colgate:).

For the most part, no - the majority of cars can swap between any rim/tyre type, and it's just a cosmetic change. And for most purposes, and for all but people who want absolute maximum racing performance, it's a non-issue - just use the rims you want. :)

...however, there's a small number of cars (for a long time, about 18 in total - IIRC, some of the Cunning Stunts cars also have this property) have a value called 'tyres can clip' in their handling files. 'Tyres can clip' basically means that for that particular car, the game actually takes into account how thick the tyre is, and if it can clip through the ground when going over bumps.

For most cars, again, this doesn't happen, and so for those, any rims/tyres have the same effect - that's why you can use any/all rims equally. But for the small number of cars with the 'tyres can clip' modifier, having thicker tyres with more sidewall means a smoother ride, which aids performance. That's why dedicated racing enthusiasts in GTAO will use Off-Road rims for things like the Zentorno or Osiris, because Off-Road rims have the most sidewall, and those cars have the 'tyres can clip' modifier - but not the Entity XF, which doesn't, and so all tyres work just the same.

This video goes into it in more detail, if you want to know more:

• dimitrispgr likes this

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 16 June 2017 - 11:51 PM Edited by jpm1, 16 June 2017 - 11:51 PM.

wCrM4TB.jpg

i really love the vice city touch of the rear lights

NL_Bumblebee
  • NL_Bumblebee

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 17 June 2017 - 06:46 AM

Can we already obtain this car because i didnt see it on the website

MGgames100
  • MGgames100

MG, not MC...

• Members
  • Poland
  • Best Concept 2016 [Tuner DLC]
    Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Photoshop Winner
    Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner

Posted 17 June 2017 - 06:57 AM

Can we already obtain this car because i didnt see it on the website

No.

Carrythxd
  • Carrythxd

Noot Noot

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 17 June 2017 - 09:35 PM

nWJf9Hk.jpgYy2nIhb.jpgidFspY9.jpg

• EVOLUT7ON, MGgames100, Voit Turyv and 29 others like this

AlphaSierra111996
  • AlphaSierra111996

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 June 2017 - 09:37 PM

Fan made vs Rockstars
  • Arrows to Athens likes this

EkaSwede
  • EkaSwede

PC Player

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 17 June 2017 - 09:40 PM

Oh boy, oh boy. Now this looks nice. I will have difficulties picking a good colour.

Pedinhuh
  • Pedinhuh

Get down on it!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 17 June 2017 - 09:59 PM

HOLY f*ck!

Man, I gonna be very, very poor when I see these new cars coming!!!

Commander S
  • Commander S

Work hard, mustard big

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 17 June 2017 - 10:02 PM

That comparison pic really drives home how well the bods responsible nailed the look, doesn't it? Said it before, but I'll say it again: it's another Elegy Retro/Infernus Classic, in terms of 'logical mashup of different influences that blend well together to make a recognisable pastiche of the real-life car, and just a good-looking car overall'. :)

Roll on next Tuesday - or however many Tuesdays until we get it, I guess! My money's on the 27th... ;)

• AUScowboy and XxD_ALBANIANxX like this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy
  • Best Poster [Vehicles] 2016

Posted 18 June 2017 - 12:14 AM

Spoiler

Very nice shots, mind telling me the exact color you used for the red R* Cheetah?

Watain
  • Watain

Ridin' motorcycles and makin' mayhem in GTA since 1998.

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 18 June 2017 - 12:40 AM

This will probably become my favorite car. Always had a thing for the Testarossa ever since watching Miami Vice as a kid.

IceDree
  • IceDree

Concierge Of Crime 💀

• Members
  • Saudi-Arabia

Posted 18 June 2017 - 07:32 AM

I'm soooooo wearing a green suit while driving a white Cheetah classic with the Vice City soundtrack on! #DetectiveCracker #CrockettTheme 😝

Carrythxd
  • Carrythxd

Noot Noot

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 18 June 2017 - 09:06 AM

Spoiler

Very nice shots, mind telling me the exact color you used for the red R* Cheetah?

If I remember correctly it was Grace Red

Matrelith
  • Matrelith

Inveniam viam aut faciam

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 18 June 2017 - 09:13 AM

6sWZqjr.gif

And here I thought things couldn't get any better when we got the Turismo classic.

• Garland137, A Maned Wolf, Unruly and 2 others like this

-RP-
  • -RP-

Producer

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 June 2017 - 05:14 PM

This one will def be joining the My Grotti Collection.

• mickt1978 likes this

AlphaSierra111996
  • AlphaSierra111996

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 June 2017 - 05:20 PM

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but is this the only Grotti with the Grotti badge on the fender?

Foxwolfe
  • Foxwolfe

Entering your birthday is optional

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 June 2017 - 10:34 PM

Hadn't been playing the game much lately and thus hadn't been paying much attention to new info and I gotta say now that I'm a bit more caught up this car is by far my favorite car of the new update. I actually came across is last out of the new vehicles which made it come as a bit of a surprise but I think they did a great job with the look, I love the teroro or whatever it is, and I will definitely be buying the vagner and the ocelot super (although I'm still not sold on the other ocelot), but this one just really nails it for me I guess.

Really looking forward to picking this one up, prolly gonna be my daily for a while.

That Guy There
  • That Guy There

I'm the king of the world

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 June 2017 - 10:36 PM

I am in love!

pez2k
  • pez2k

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 June 2017 - 10:42 PM

The front seems to have a bit of BMW 8 Series in it, unless my eyes are deceiving me?!

The slim popup headlights are very 8-Series, and the big foglights in the stock bumper too. The other bumpers are more Ferrari, it's a really well-styled mix where it's not obviously any one car. The side by side with the 512TR-based model above shows off how different the Cheetah is to even a Testarossa, especially the short rear deck since it's traditionally been front-engined.

Some quick shots of my own, light metallics seem to be the ticket but dark with a stripe works too.

oVp4Vvt.jpg
R41TpVd.jpg

Ckq0iZ6.jpg
dmt0LCb.jpg
  • BigBrother67, XxD_ALBANIANxX, Jarlaxle and 3 others like this

RollsReus1959
  • RollsReus1959

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 19 June 2017 - 08:31 AM Edited by RollsReus1959, 19 June 2017 - 08:32 AM.

Just drove one while online.

It's not that great.

Does not feel like a Grotti.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users