480 replies to this topic
DangerZ0neX
  • DangerZ0neX

It's K-Logg, dammit!

• Members
  • Saudi-Arabia
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 15 June 2017 - 12:15 PM

Is this really the only classic "Jaguar" we'll get? Rockstar's obsession with the 80's and 90's cars is annoying as hell

metoxys
  • metoxys

modern supercar & gold plating enthusiast

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 15 June 2017 - 12:31 PM

Here's some footage of me driving it at speed

• Hazzardtohimself, skyfamster, -inVADER- and 1 other like this

hank_wayne
  • hank_wayne

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 June 2017 - 03:50 PM

Is this really the only classic "Jaguar" we'll get? Rockstar's obsession with the 80's and 90's cars is annoying as hell

Thats a good thing imo, its taken them too f'n long to finally add some gta classic cars to this game. Hopefully they have a hermes, banshee classic, and deluxoc. Coming too.

HometownLC
  • HometownLC

I Left My Heart in Liberty City

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 June 2017 - 04:26 PM Edited by HometownLC, 15 June 2017 - 04:26 PM.

I'm not so sure I would call it an obsession.

After looking at the car list again it seems as though the selection is heavily weighted toward the the pre-80s and mid 2000s to present. Its seems that only recently in the last update or two that we've gotten any new 80s or 90s cars.

Thats a good thing imo, its taken them too f'n long to finally add some gta classic cars to this game. Hopefully they have a hermes, banshee classic, and deluxoc. Coming too.

Well, the banshee classic would most likely be a Coquette if you're refering to its iteration in Vice City since it was based primarily on a C4 Corvette. That and the Hermes is about 3 or 4 decades older than the 80s, although I could see it coming as a stock and custom version.

I'm still hoping for the Deluxo though. The nostalgia is just too hard to resist.

On topic:

I'm a fan of the looks, although I'm struggling to decide where I'd want to put this one. I want to keep it with the rest of the recent 80s and 90s supercars (GP1, Tyrus, Turismo C, Infernus C, Penetrator) but my CEO floors are looking quite full. I feel like the Cheetah Classic and Torero would beat it out in a pinch. 

• Garland137 likes this

metoxys
  • metoxys

modern supercar & gold plating enthusiast

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 15 June 2017 - 06:13 PM

Here's some footage of me driving it against the Cheetah Classic, Torero, and Turismo Classic

• Classique likes this

DarrenC1888
  • DarrenC1888

Celtic FC Manchester United Champions!

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 15 June 2017 - 06:38 PM

For starters its not a Jaguar, Its a Lotus Esprit.

Secondly I dont see what "obsession" you are on about, there has been plenty >90s cars been added in the game. 

• mickt1978, Unruly and Stevenslender123 like this

Arrows to Athens
  • Arrows to Athens

Kings and Thieves

• Members
  • England

Posted 15 June 2017 - 07:02 PM

Here's some footage of me driving it at speed

I don't understand. Why can't they just add a normal variant without the guns? Why does everything have to be f*cking PvP related? We've already got the Weaponised Tampa.

• DarrenC1888 and Coleco like this

DangerZ0neX
  • DangerZ0neX

It's K-Logg, dammit!

• Members
  • Saudi-Arabia
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 15 June 2017 - 07:05 PM Edited by DangerZ0neX, 15 June 2017 - 07:08 PM.

For starters its not a Jaguar, Its a Lotus Esprit.

Secondly I dont see what "obsession" you are on about, there has been plenty >90s cars been added in the game. 
I didn't say Jaguar, dude, I said "Jaguar" because it's labeled as one despite being a Lotus. People asked for an E-Type or any classic Jaguar, and this is the "one" Rockstar comes up with because of their diehard obsession of their nostalgia.

Why is it an 80's-90's obsession? It's because that's the car focus we have now; sport cars and supercars that are treated as classics despite not being that old.

We started with the Ruiner 2000, which is a KITT ripoff only added because the devs watched Knight Rider as kids. Later, they added the Diablo, F1, F40, Testarossa, Countach, and Esprit because they grew up to seeing these cars in car magazines and they thought they were the hottest sh*t. They only added these cars out of personal nostalgia, which can turn into an obsession if that's all you ever think about.
  • Garland137 likes this

Arrows to Athens
  • Arrows to Athens

Kings and Thieves

• Members
  • England

Posted 15 June 2017 - 07:07 PM

Perfect for escaping those pesky cops in style.

EWouroC.png

Its a bit short (ty Artie for pinpointing that), but they did a really good job with it overall.

PiXw5Fv.jpg

dYvv9t1.jpg

So this is what PC graphics look like....It looks like real life...I thought it was just a myth. Sweet

I'm pretty sure that's a realism mod of some sort. That's not how it normally looks on PC.

coelacanth72
  • coelacanth72

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 June 2017 - 07:13 PM

There is no lotus brand analogy in game so they get spread around, ocelot being the next best thing. At least they didn't brand it coil, still kinda pissed about that one.

Personally I'm stoked they're adding these older cars, we've got plenty of modern space lizards and we're getting more of those too. Modern cars... they're like electric razors. Everything built after 96 is just crap ;-)
  • Garland137, Spadge and jwdrinkwaterjr like this

Ribsey
  • Ribsey

What are you doing, giving birth?

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 15 June 2017 - 09:27 PM

The more I see of the Ardent the more I warm to it. It's easy to ignore the guns and you can select any of your usual handheld weapons while driving if you find the aim dot a problem. 

blk95ta
  • blk95ta

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 June 2017 - 10:09 PM

Surprisingly it can't swim at all. Engine died immediately. Dunno why they made it an armed vehicle. 

EcK6Frq.png

Maybe I just don't know how to activate it or something...?

ISWYDT

LotusTopBig.jpg

• DarrenC1888, ferguson99, OVO and 5 others like this

EMEUTIER
  • EMEUTIER

Player Hater

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 15 June 2017 - 11:03 PM

We started with the Ruiner 2000, which is a KITT ripoff only added because the devs watched Knight Rider as kids. Later, they added the Diablo, F1, F40, Testarossa, Countach, and Esprit because they grew up to seeing these cars in car magazines and they thought they were the hottest sh*t. They only added these cars out of personal nostalgia, which can turn into an obsession if that's all you ever think about.

WAIT WAIT WAIT....

You can READ MINDS?

• Nasty Noodles, Cant-B-Faded, Touge Spirit Leader and 1 other like this

ROCKSTAR MANIC
  • ROCKSTAR MANIC

The Vice City Coke Baron

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 June 2017 - 11:37 PM

Can guarantee that someones gonna do a pretty women role-play. lol

Fugitive69
  • Fugitive69

ME WANT TUNER UPDATE

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 June 2017 - 04:18 AM

It's bad because they release ONLY supercars. Yo, im the king and where's my "court" Jester. Hint hint.

Polarized
  • Polarized

Blue

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 June 2017 - 07:22 AM Edited by LosLelle, 16 June 2017 - 07:27 AM.

And personally I'm very happy for all this :lol:

I'm not saying your're wrong, recently we've had all these classic cars, yes, but they also added some supers and sports at almost every dlc. And Gunrunning will bring another two super cars. Maybe they'll stop releasing classic sports for a while, we'll see. Now with also Torero, Ardent and Cheetah we've got a nice choice of classics. I'd say a must for a car game.

• LevelDockSix, Touge Spirit Leader and SWAT3181 like this

Driver92
  • Driver92

Rat

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 16 June 2017 - 07:46 AM

Dont know what everyone has about the front plate, looks like a standard european plate.

whywontyoulisten
  • whywontyoulisten

Adapt or die

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 16 June 2017 - 09:45 AM

Dont know what everyone has about the front plate, looks like a standard european plate.

Isn't it obvious? The numbers are the narrower US plate textures stretched to fit the european plate dimensions. Stretched, not resized. It's like watching a movie in the wrong aspect ratio.

• OVO, Garland137, A Maned Wolf and 2 others like this

LevelDockSix
  • LevelDockSix

Sure Shot

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • India

Posted 16 June 2017 - 10:49 AM Edited by LevelDockSix, 16 June 2017 - 11:37 AM.

I'm pretty sure that's a realism mod of some sort. That's not how it normally looks on PC.

Yeah it's a mod, VisualV + Clean N' Natural to be exact + removal of Coronas (those little "dots of light" you see on vehicles).

Fireboy769
  • Fireboy769

I only have a 2-Star Wanted Level? Are you serious?

• WMCC
  • United-States

Posted 16 June 2017 - 11:38 AM

I loved the V8 Ghost when i played Liberty City Stories. That was the first GTA game i played. Im gonna look foward to getting this car.
  • Unruly and AUScowboy like this

Garland137
  • Garland137

Homie

• Members

Posted 16 June 2017 - 11:51 AM

Isn't it obvious? The numbers are the narrower US plate textures stretched to fit the european plate dimensions. Stretched, not resized. It's like watching a movie in the wrong aspect ratio.
Which is even more dumb when you remember that the Pigalle has a proper Euro plate on it.
  • Hazzardtohimself, A Maned Wolf, Suzuki Azure Vulpine and 2 others like this

MGgames100
  • MGgames100

MG, not MC...

• Members
  • Poland
  • Best Concept 2016 [Tuner DLC]
    Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Photoshop Winner
    Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner

Posted 16 June 2017 - 12:24 PM

Can't colour the interior on this one unfortunately.

Well, we can, but for some reason can't apply it in LSC.

Same goes for the liveries (all of them are same as on the MOC vehicles)

HitchsIap
  • HitchsIap

Slayer of Gods

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 18 June 2017 - 01:36 PM

Can guarantee that someones gonna do a pretty women role-play. lol

More like Sharon Stone in Basic Instinct ^^ And I am going to need two of them.

KMPlayer2012-03-0421-44-58-10.jpg

• Spadge, BigBrother67, Smooth Longsack and 1 other like this

d3mentu
  • d3mentu

Get Lost in the Bush!

• Members
  • Romania
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner

Posted 18 June 2017 - 03:09 PM

What is with the front licence plate is so widened and ugly i wish we had an option to remove it is so damn ugly.

-RP-
  • -RP-

Producer

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 June 2017 - 04:53 PM

The bumpers and skirts are just too wide and low for me. Can't dig it.

• OVO likes this

The __Janitor
  • The __Janitor

A petrolhead wannabe

• Members
  • Hong-Kong

Posted 20 June 2017 - 05:14 AM

Can someone mod it like this and post some pics back here please, I will appreciate it very much:)

Front bumper: Sport bumper

Rear bumpers: Stock

Engine cover: Stock

Exhaust: Stock

Fenders: Stock

Hood: Smooth hood

Primary and Secondary colour: Formula Red

Spoiler: Classic spoiler

Suspension: Sport suspension

Wheels: Chrome Wangan Master (sports)

Anything else stock 

THANKS!

JoonasPRKL
  • JoonasPRKL

No More Drank

• Facade Corporation
  • Finland
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 20 June 2017 - 12:58 PM

Can someone mod it like this and post some pics back here please, I will appreciate it very much:)

Anything else stock 
THANKS!

sBzpYWU.png
ccQEJQj.png
Spoiler
  • Carrythxd, the_potato, Ribsey and 19 others like this

The __Janitor
  • The __Janitor

A petrolhead wannabe

• Members
  • Hong-Kong

Posted 20 June 2017 - 01:33 PM Edited by The __Janitor, 20 June 2017 - 02:00 PM.

Anything else stock 
THANKS!

sBzpYWU.png
ccQEJQj.png
Spoiler

Thank you very much :D, now i'm 100% ready to buy this car and mod it like that once it is released.

BTW i chose those mods based on James May's Lotus Esprit from the Top Gear Patagonia Special, and the outcome is stunningly close to the real car.

jamesmaylotus.jpg

• JoonasPRKL, RoiRasmus, Mach1bud and 1 other like this

TheKingOfBeer
  • TheKingOfBeer

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 June 2017 - 09:10 PM

Anything else stock 
THANKS!

sBzpYWU.png
ccQEJQj.png
Spoiler

Thank you very much :D, now i'm 100% ready to buy this car and mod it like that once it is released.
BTW i chose those mods based on James May's Lotus Esprit from the Top Gear Patagonia Special, and the outcome is stunningly close to the real car.
jamesmaylotus.jpg

I am going to spec mine up similar to James' but I will keep the bonnet stock with the vents and keep the stock rims as I think they look better than any of the custom ones! Closer to the Esprit SE! So excited for this car!!!
  • The __Janitor likes this

coelacanth72
  • coelacanth72

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 June 2017 - 11:54 PM

So have we seen all the available mods? Will there be weapon upgrades, cuz just machine guns is pretty worthless. Machine guns aside I've wanted a gen 2 Esprit for a long time so I'll be happy, just confused about the guns.
  • TheKingOfBeer likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users