Night Shark Appreciation Thread

362 replies to this topic
Mattcarnes
  • Mattcarnes

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 August 2017 - 07:55 PM

Seen the armored version of it with Windows almost blocked out seems like a get sh*t done in hostile lobby car I mean true I've been able to kill griefers in it with armored car but the main threat is hydras and oppressors both who would have to put in a day's work to break it

LordMarvel
  • LordMarvel

Born to Reign.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 August 2017 - 09:27 PM

OolCZDz.jpg

• Iroquois, Arrows to Athens, the J is for Julia and 1 other like this

WFD1992
  • WFD1992

Inactive in GTA V until getting an Xbox One

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 August 2017 - 02:33 AM

Am I the only one (when I heard the name but hadn't seen the pictures yet) who thought it was going to be a sea vehicle, like maybe a gun boat?

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 August 2017 - 04:35 PM Edited by SilverRST, 21 August 2017 - 04:36 PM.

Nightshark is useless and I wrecked players while they were hiding in Nightshark with the "Full amor" windows.

I knew the front side windows are glitched and I used that to kill players. And I also killed players in front of their windows.

However, it's only good against Oppressors. But... as a horrible person as I am, I request my Oppressor 2nd time via MC and I destroyed the Nightshark.

But I like a challenge and the Nightshark adds it. R* is truely incompetent these days and they keep failing hardcore by locking out the Nightshark

in Stunt races and the machineguns can't do sh*t. Insurgent Pickup Custom is truely lovely and I keep using that vehicle in setups, even in Pac setup Vans :lol:

Despite what I said about the Nightshark, I bought it instantly when it got unlocked and I like it.

• Goingcrowd9 likes this

Arrows to Athens
  • Arrows to Athens

Far, far away...

• Members
  • England

Posted 21 August 2017 - 08:37 PM

Nightshark is useless and I wrecked players while they were hiding in Nightshark with the "Full amor" windows.

I knew the front side windows are glitched and I used that to kill players. And I also killed players in front of their windows.

However, it's only good against Oppressors. But... as a horrible person as I am, I request my Oppressor 2nd time via MC and I destroyed the Nightshark.

But I like a challenge and the Nightshark adds it. R* is truely incompetent these days and they keep failing hardcore by locking out the Nightshark

in Stunt races and the machineguns can't do sh*t. Insurgent Pickup Custom is truely lovely and I keep using that vehicle in setups, even in Pac setup Vans :lol:

Despite what I said about the Nightshark, I bought it instantly when it got unlocked and I like it.

To sum it all up, you just don't bring a Nightshark to a gunfight, but you certainly bring it to an explosive fight.

White Shark
  • White Shark

Russian Insurgent

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 August 2017 - 05:20 PM

It's so fun to troll people with this. I wouldn't let this guy get in any car:

Hahaha this cracked me up!! 

• Arrows to Athens, Mr.Smith187 and Goingcrowd9 like this

LestersSiesta
  • LestersSiesta

Snitch

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 28 August 2017 - 11:07 PM

Can we call this a depreciation thread? Machine gun worse than just firing a pistol out the window, fast, easy to blow up, absolutely useless, god I wish I researched this before buying it.

My night shark is based on the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles tactical truck.

teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-out-of-the-

DIWh4SYVYAAS73E.jpg

• White Shark, Arrows to Athens, Chrome Toyota Prius and 1 other like this

White Shark
  • White Shark

Russian Insurgent

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 September 2017 - 10:37 PM Edited by White Shark, 06 September 2017 - 04:21 PM.

Wow, I think I love this thing just as much as the Oppressor!  And those saying the machine guns aren't strong enough, it's probably because your tactics are all wrong with these things!  They're not meant to be used like a single shot cannon etc.  They're just a back up.  I find them perfect for shredding tyres and disabling a vehicle.  Makes it easy to ram off the road.  Great for those missions where you have to retrieve documents etc.  And the guns are plenty strong if you combine it with some serious ramming.  And oh yes, I only fight against NPCs, not into the PvP thing.

Seriously, this thing and the Oppressor has breathed new life into the Contact Missions.  I'm enjoying them all over again.  So much fun wiping out Lost bikers with the guns, only to run them over just for good measure, and wiping the cocky smirks off the faces of Merryweather.

• Arrows to Athens likes this

Chang
  • Chang

Co-Owner of CMG

• Members

Posted 04 September 2017 - 11:17 PM

Dig the weight.
Solid.
Nice bouncings over short drops.
Forest Green Black armor plated options.

:) I Chang

We Are Ninja
  • We Are Ninja

Told Y'all That Liberty City DLC Would Never Happen... -_-

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 September 2017 - 01:38 PM

Does anyone know if the armored windows have been patched? I was going rounds against two of them last night and, while I was able to shoot the drivers out of them from the side, I couldn't do it as easily or as consistently as I used to be able to. IIRC, the side windows used to be as susceptible to gunfire as an unarmored vehicle...
  • Arrows to Athens, Goingcrowd9 and Nossirag like this

BuLLeT104
  • BuLLeT104

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 September 2017 - 05:24 AM Edited by BuLLeT104, 12 September 2017 - 05:25 AM.

I personally have a love hate thing for this truck. It is very fast and tought with collisions and bombs but........the bulletptoof window plates that costed hundreds of thousands dont work at all. But in spite of it being fast and tough with machine guns. I advise you to ram while shooting the machinguns at someone. I advise you to buy if you know how to use it😉
  • White Shark likes this

Chrome Toyota Prius
  • Chrome Toyota Prius

I'm probably going to regret this name change

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 September 2017 - 06:03 AM

Why haven't I bought one of these yet?

• White Shark and BuLLeT104 like this

Iroquois
  • Iroquois

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 September 2017 - 12:17 AM

iAtdT_yoLE6_r038Ju7eFA_0_0.jpg

Mattoropael
  • Mattoropael

Proud Killer of Rate The Car Above You

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 13 September 2017 - 01:55 AM Edited by Mattoropael, 13 September 2017 - 01:55 AM.

Can we call this a depreciation thread? Machine gun worse than just firing a pistol out the window, fast, easy to blow up, absolutely useless, god I wish I researched this before buying it

What?

It takes as many explosions as an Insurgent Pick-up Custom. What are you comparing it to? The MOC Cabs?

• Arrows to Athens, 79'Blazer4x4, Chrome Toyota Prius and 1 other like this

Logicc
  • Logicc

Leader of ALTA

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 September 2017 - 05:20 PM Edited by Logicc, 24 September 2017 - 05:46 PM.

I visit often to read a few things and want to add my insight before leaving.

I love the nightshark.
I bought it out of necessity during another war against me from oppressors and aircraft. I needed something that was a "high performance" armored vehicle that would survive and be agile.
The other armored vehicles (schafter, xls, etc.) survive one explosive and all small arms fire.
I needed something longer lasting that had the power of an all-purpose armored racer.

There is no downside to this vehicle besides the plating not working (the "levels" of armor plating don't make a difference and the front hood plate that scoops up onto then windshield does not stop bullets). That said, the plating is the only deficiency and is purely cosmetic from what I can tell.

**It is completely and absolutely NOT important to have plating for skilled players to continue owning. /wink

I did not want to lose my ability to throw mines especially when people decide to hunt me, the leader of ALTA, so I left the windows open to drop mines while I lured psychos after me.

The machine guns are not miniguns, yet they are fun and have a use, but are not an end all be all. I've shot players out of vehicles with my nightshark guns and chased a hunter (players hunting me, not helicopters) after me until they went mad. They are not supposed to be used nor trusted as an effective weapon.

The speed, the durability, the size...
You will make this your new armored get-away car.
You will not be disappointed.

Kuruma is for people who need easy mode who also don't want to be shot by bullets (Kuruma pops with booms, sorry, its speciality is to withstand only small arms fire). The armored XLS, Baller, Schafter, etc. will ALL be replaced by the nightshark.

The "military" weaponized armored vehicles (insurgent, pickup, etc.) are something else apart from this new and improved "super" armored car.

Thank you and see you in game sometime.

P.S. Ducking is important in any vehicle. Get used to this.

Logimacht, ALTA

Edited for clarity.
  • Arrows to Athens, Spectre "2K", carnerd3000 and 2 others like this

delorianlazarus
  • delorianlazarus

Hustler

• Members
  • France

Posted 24 September 2017 - 06:14 PM

^
I totally agree with that guy.
Kuruma makes wonders when it comes to bullets, that's why she was the queen on foot vs vehicle combat.

But nowadays, fighters go for explosives or planes with explosives or ugly flying bike.
And Nightshark is the new way to go in town without fear.

There is still the minigun, but ducking + armor plates + tinted windows make you harder to hit: not because you are protected, but because you are harder to aim at.

I really love this car now. I don't fear going to town with it.
Since I'm not aggressive (only exception is hunting Oppressor, because I love griefing kids flying that sh1t), I don't feel the need of shooting through the windows.
  • Goingcrowd9 and x-c-e-s like this

IceDree
  • IceDree

Concierge Of Crime 💀

• Members
  • Saudi-Arabia

Posted 24 September 2017 - 06:19 PM

Kuruma is for people who need easy mode who also don't want to be shot by bullets.

^
I totally agree with that guy.
Kuruma makes wonders when it comes to bullets, that's why she was the queen on foot vs vehicle combat.

You guys need to try the Assault Shotgun against the Kuruma.😈

delorianlazarus
  • delorianlazarus

Hustler

• Members
  • France

Posted 24 September 2017 - 06:25 PM

^
Haha, especially with this sweet spot on the front.....
Back to topic:

I reeeally regret the interior being so dull: nothing remotely clean, it's just a plain black cheap car from the inside...
It's a utility vehicle, not a luxury liner, but I feel a bit ashamed when I'm moving my CEO with it

the J is for Julia
  • the J is for Julia

Jill of all trades. Master of unlocking.

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 24 September 2017 - 08:31 PM

This thing has replaced the armored Schafter as my explosive resistant people mover. I was messing around with the "armor" the other day and it appears that the windscreen is bulletproof or resistant everywhere but the slots. Rear window and sides are cosmetic (apologies if this was already mentioned). So um, at least you're protected head on I guess. I would suggest that the plating is still good for occupant concealment in freeaim lobbies.

It makes a great in-n-out vehicle for supply runs or to pick up someone who's pinned down. A monster off-road, more stable than a Kuruma, faster and more maneuverable than an Insurgent. I'm more worried about random freeway mines, rockets, and explosive rounds these days than I am of small arms fire.

The Other Dude
  • The Other Dude

Don't you go disrespecting coconut water!

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 September 2017 - 08:50 PM

Is this vehicle a better alternative to the two insurgents? I'm only interested in explosive resistance.

The Wandering Hunter
  • The Wandering Hunter

of vault 111

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 September 2017 - 08:58 PM

Is this vehicle a better alternative to the two insurgents? I'm only interested in explosive resistance.

equal to the pickup, better than the standard
  • The Other Dude and R3CON like this

StrangeLife17
  • StrangeLife17

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 October 2017 - 02:31 PM

eRHfQpf.jpg

x-c-e-s
  • x-c-e-s

... Don't Hate the Player ... Hate the Game

• Members
  • United-Nations

Posted 04 October 2017 - 06:17 AM

Bought it last night.

Added : 100% Armor

Front Body Plates only

Transmission, Engine, Turbo and Brakes upgraded to max

Competition Suspension

As for windows I only added the limo tint since apparently window plates serve no purpose. 

Despite the limo tint I could easily be seen from the front.

Wore a bulletproof helmet, super heavy body armor, full health and took it to a full lobby. 

The results? well I drove around to see what would happen, normal cruising.

Riddled with bullets and died from someone using an assault rifle just 3 minutes into the game. Not even time to escape.

Instantly I was wondering how much does this second-hand thing sell for? That the Insurgent Pick Up Custom suddenly appeared prettier..

Some guy on an Oppressor tried his luck but after about 12 consecutive hits he gave up.

Along comes a hydra, first overhead pass failed, second overhead pass he took his time to aim properly since he 'believed' he missed the first time. He gave up after the second attempt. 

Two guys on a bike drove pass me, turned round got off and showered the NIghtShark with their railguns. Escape successful.

They had red downward arrows on their heads. (if you know what that means good for you cuz I don't)

Up to now only the assault rifle got me. So, I decided to drive ducking the whole time. It was a lot harder for people to hit. I did get the occasional bullet and if shooters are closer to you, like just outside your window then ducking or not you get wasted. 

That thing can take a beating but you are just too vulnerable to rifles. 

The cool thing was oppressors and hydras attracted to you thinking you are just a regular blip on the map. Seeing them giving up is just so satisfying. 

I don't think R* lied about sniper proof windows in their advert for the NightShark. I believe they genuinely intended it to be this way. But vehicle window glitches seem to be beyond them and they can't figure out exactly how to fix it. If that's true then they should remove defective vehicles and refund people. 

Players carry both guns and explosives, so making a vehicle super explosive proof and super weak windows against bullets, well its not worth it unless your plan is to cross the map at full speed avoiding (or crushing) people on foot while pretending hydras and oppressors are butterflies.

I don't regret buying the NIghtShark but I ain't thrilled either. For now, it just tastes like water.

• Goingcrowd9 likes this

mrgstrings
  • mrgstrings

Knife beats Chainsaw

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 04 October 2017 - 10:36 AM

Would prefer the IPC then for the ability to drop mines. :)

• elfoam likes this

elfoam
  • elfoam

High Roller

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 04 October 2017 - 02:10 PM

Would prefer the IPC then for the ability to drop mines. :)

I bought this, never used it. The Insurgents are better. I still most use the original PV insurgent with level 4 armour. It's still got the juice.

Arrows to Athens
  • Arrows to Athens

Far, far away...

• Members
  • England

Posted 16 October 2017 - 06:41 PM

Sniped out a driver of it from the front.

• x-c-e-s likes this

the J is for Julia
  • the J is for Julia

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 4 weeks ago

Silly Hydra pilot...

seYpOyS.gif

• Arrows to Athens, Happy Hunter, ragedandcaged and 2 others like this

x-c-e-s
  • x-c-e-s

... Don't Hate the Player ... Hate the Game

• Members
  • United-Nations

Posted 3 weeks ago

I just sold my NIghtShark. 

It's an excellent anti-hydra/oppressor/helicopter griefing vehicle. 

But like I said in an earlier post, there are not just explosives and cannons whizzing around in lobbies. 

The armored Schafter V12 offers more bullet protection than the NightShark. 

Of course I don't want the NightShark to be as bulletproof as the Armored Kuruma, else it would be too over powered. 

But at the very least a minimum bulletproof window protection such as in the Schafter and the like. 

However, the biggest disappointment is the misleading information R* provided about the vehicle. Sniperproof they said. 

Well, Arrows to Athens video at post #356 just proved the lie. 

I sold it because of the lie and because without reasonable bullet protection it is not a complete vehicle and its direct competitor (the Insurgent PickUp) with its mines and mounted gun offer more value for money,IMO. This being said, I believe the NightShark must do quite well in free-aim lobbies. 

• Arrows to Athens and Nossirag like this

the J is for Julia
  • the J is for Julia

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by the J is for Julia, 2 weeks ago.

I need to test this, but I think they patched the armor plating. I played ring around the rosie in the Night Shark with a random who was trying to scrap our import/export last night. Holding R1 I circled him for several minutes while he emptied at least a couple of clips into the Shark. Neither myself or my passenger were grazed. Eventually he wen't passive when he figured out he wasn't going to hit us.

It's entirely possible that he was that bad of a shot, but surely one of the rounds should have come through and nicked myself or the passenger.

• hei3enberg and Chrome Toyota Prius like this

hei3enberg
  • hei3enberg

not really certain about some stuff

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

It's about time we should test in in missions, I'm going for it and will report back. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users