Quantcast

» «
Photo

Forza Motorsport 7 [2017]

102 replies to this topic
TheOneLibertonian
  • TheOneLibertonian

Only those who die get closure, the living do not.

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted A week ago

The career mode/Forza Driver's Cup is a big improvement over Stories of Motorsport from FM6. I liked the fact that it is a more linear, and restrictive career that provides incentive to play.

The one thing I don't like about the career mode are the showcase events being thrown into each cup. I liked how the showcases were their own thing in Forza 6. Regarding the events themselves they seem to be all over the place regarding logic.

In the Seeker Cup for example you have a series for hot hatches, but with enough credits you're soon driving early model supercars?

Stories of Motorsport made sense working from low budget street cars up to the best race cars in the world. Maybe not everyone likes that approach, but it's always made the most sense to me. In saying that I still think Forza 4 was the best Forza game for its events. That game was beefed up with so many unique and wonderful events that I never even finished half of them.

Also some gripes to vent...

-As an Aussie it saddens me that Mount Panorama is still the only Aussie racetrack that seems to be represented in these games. It's a great track clearly, but please Turn 10 do some more research. We have Phillip Island, the Surfers Paradise street circuit (that IndyCar used to race years ago so it should be familiar), the Adelaide street circuit (again F1 ran on this track in the 80s and 90s), Symmons Plains, Sandown, Hidden Valley etc.

There are some European, Asian and American tracks that haven't been in the series yet that would most likely take priority, but give us Aussie folk some love. Horizon 3 was great, but I want more damn it. :p

-The gear shifting animations for the Supercars (V8 Supercars as it used to be called) are weird. Why does the driver only shift in certain gears and not others? It's not exactly game breaking, but this was never in the other Forza games they've featured in. A minor patch should fix it.

-I noticed Toyota are represented extremely poorly. No Celicas, Supras etc. Infact their road cars are basically non-existent. Hopefully some get added in future car packs.

I feel that the implementation of Showcase Events are much better in Forza 6. Instead of being attached to the career itself, I felt that having a separate menu made those showcase events a lot more special and gives more distinction from the regular career mode. 

But despite the more linear progression which I liked, I wholeheartedly agree on some of the early events like "Rise of the Supercars" with the game giving the player a high-end supercar from the 80's & 90's. The event feels inconsistent to be put in the "Seeker Cup", it really doesn't make sense for the player which is an up & coming figure in Forza's racing world and he or she is already given the chance to get a 500 horsepower F50, or a Diablo early in the game. For a game about collecting cars, it does question me sometimes why they did it early in the game? 

About Toyota, it seems that the marketing department at Toyota feels that video games are ruining their image, and thinks that games are the reason for dwindling sales of their cars. Also since FM7 have customization in it, also made Toyota uptight about the situation as well. Even NFS Payback don't have them. Only GT Sport and PC2 have Toyota production cars, but only the GT86 appears though. I think what Toyota thinks and feels about video games right now is absolutely bullsh*t. Cars like the Celica, Supra, MR2, AE86, Chaser, etc. are not only popular tuner cars, but video games also popularized them with the early Gran Turismo games, along with other popular shows and films like Fast & Furious, and Initial D. 

https://www.gtplanet...on-toyota-cars/

http://www.ign.com/a...za-motorsport-7

• Algonquin Assassin likes this

HaRdSTyLe_83
  • HaRdSTyLe_83

☆★RIP Open IV★☆

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago Edited by HaRdSTyLe_83, A week ago.

fuc***ng d**ks fixed my money making :p

SaE2wSf.jpg

jMy4j6v.jpg

no more 30 seconds races

Mexicola9302
  • Mexicola9302

Mark Chump

• Members
  • Germany

Posted A week ago

Glad i still got 21 million and have most cars already.

The newest NVIDIA driver fixes the broken headlights yay finally but still stuttering and 100% first cpu core usage...

HaRdSTyLe_83
  • HaRdSTyLe_83

☆★RIP Open IV★☆

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

i cant complain about stutters with the full game, the demo was f**ed up, but the full game runs good to me.

i dont expect any improvment until the game sells what they expect on the xbox, the pc version is being kneecaped on purpose, same happened with horizon 3

Mexicola9302
  • Mexicola9302

Mark Chump

• Members
  • Germany

Posted A week ago Edited by Mexicola9302, A week ago.

You really don`t get this bug after restarting a race?

If not then my GTX 1070 is the problem i guess this and the 100% CPU Core bullsh!t...

If i update my gpu next time i only gonna buy one 1280TI then had enough of the the sli bullsh!t the devolopers are just to lazy to create profiles that actually work like they should and of course no SLI in Forza. It works absolutley awesome in gta v and mad max and battlefield and need for speed just a few examples but turn 10 are just strict anti sli douchebags.

ΣΓ
  • ΣΓ

Goddess Of Light

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • European-Union

Posted A week ago

There's no SLI support for DX12 currently.

Mexicola9302
  • Mexicola9302

Mark Chump

• Members
  • Germany

Posted A week ago

Im the only one with the restart race stutter bug?

HaRdSTyLe_83
  • HaRdSTyLe_83

☆★RIP Open IV★☆

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

im going to test it again when i get home, but probably my i5 6600k is also reaching the 100% on the first core awsell or close to that but i never experinced that.

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

In my sights

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted A week ago

I wonder why the Auction House still hasn't opened yet? The game's been out for two weeks.:/

HaRdSTyLe_83
  • HaRdSTyLe_83

☆★RIP Open IV★☆

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

I wonder why the Auction House still hasn't opened yet? The game's been out for two weeks. :/

doubt that they will open it until they fixed all the glitches that allowed players to get all the cars and apply restrictons to those that did

• Azazel likes this

Pininfarina
  • Pininfarina

Lusso

• Facade
  • Australia

Posted 6 days ago

>Updated the FF's exterior model
>Didn't bother to add the engine or boot model

nIWTIK7.jpg

It's a decent game imo, amazing sounds and graphics, ect. Definitely not worth the $140 I paid for it though.
  • Audi and Ivan1997GTA like this

HaRdSTyLe_83
  • HaRdSTyLe_83

☆★RIP Open IV★☆

• Members
  • None

Posted 5 days ago

YltXhwd.jpg

oa3QsQu.jpg

HwWStBa.jpg

• Audi and Ivan1997GTA like this

Uncle Sikee Atric
  • Uncle Sikee Atric

Everyone's favorite Uncle, but not Led-By.

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 13 hours ago

Finally get the chance to try it out myself now as I have managed to get an Ultimate Key with a little discount, thanks to having a hunt around the web.

It's currently downloading, but I am intrigued to see it in action.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users