Elite: Dangerous

60 replies to this topic
bloatedsack
  • bloatedsack

My boner.

• GTAF Crew
  • Vatican-City

Posted 23 hours ago

If you were PSN I'd offer to wing up and we'd go claim some bounties for quick and easy cash, but no good. Sorry.

The neat thing about Elite is there's a lot of outside applications and support, the bad thing about Elite is that there's very little in game.  My better half already ran down his suggestions, and I think the earlier post and Cmdr S's do a good job of summing it up.

LIke I said, I always did missions and hten filled cargo when I thought hte run might be lucrative. You can usually get a feel for what the local station sells and the remote station wants just by looking at it in the galaxy map. CS's point about trying to run missions out of the same group of stations isn't to be overlooked, as your local (and faction) rep go up, the better missions come out.

https://edcd.github.io/is a great place to find a lot of the community tools, particularly Coriolis and eddb. Also, if you're near a community goal there's no reason to not drop a tonne or two of materials at it. Even the lowest tier of the CG can be worth a couple hundred grand, and starting at the beginning every dime counts.

CS also mentions modules, specifically "D" rate. Modules come in sizes and Ratings. Sizes are numerical and are usually the minimum (but sometimes you can undersize them). Ratings provide the sort of stats within the size.

E's advantage is it's the cheapest.

D is always the lightest.

C are the best price for their performance.

B are the heaviest, but the sturdiest.

A is the most expensive,b ut generally the best performance (but not mass).

So, D rating modules that you don't need to worry about (ie, sensors or life support) saves you valuable weight which makes your jump range go up. A rating your FSD (mandatory) will also increase your jump range.

Ideally, I'd set your Freewinder up like this: https://eddp.co/u/BKxCLLD3

That maximizes jump range and cargo capacity, so you can make more off what you start with. If someone tries to interdict you, either run, or submit and your FSD will charge faster than if you lsoe the minigame.

The chaff launcher isn't neccessary, but if you do get interdicted and htey start shooting you can get a few seconds without fire to get your FSD charged and low wake out.

The Docking Computer is up to you, I'd either do the DC or another 1E cargo pod. If you use the DC, you'll have 8 tonnes, if you ditch the DC you'll have 10 tonnes with a 1E pod.

You can forgo the sheild gen for another 1E cargo pod and 2T capacity, but you'd better be real gentle with your landings.:)

You can fly the Freewinder as much as you want, but I'd start to decide where you wanna go. An Adder the cheapest multirole upgrade, the Eagles and Vipers are combat spec ships, and the Cobra3 is legitimately one of the best multirole ships in the game, capable of decent cargo, decent combat, even acceptable exploring. It's the original Elite ship, and thus it lives on as possibly the best.

Don't buy a ship and fly it without at least enough to buy it out of insurance once or twice.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users