Photo

Assassin's Creed: Origins [2017]

377 replies to this topic
Sunrise Driver
  • Sunrise Driver

The Infidel

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 20 June 2017 - 02:23 PM Edited by Street Mix, 20 June 2017 - 02:28 PM.

Ubisoft open wirlds are so bland and dull. Nothing innovative at all.

Wrong. Very wrong. Play more Ubi games, not just Far Cry 2 and AC Bloodlines.

• Stellasin likes this

Oldsport
  • Oldsport

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 June 2017 - 07:20 PM

This game looks good I don't really play a lot of AC but I might get this

also...

Spoiler

lmao he does
  • Zello likes this

Leftist Bastard
  • Leftist Bastard

Like tears in rain

• Daily Globe
  • Syria

Posted 20 June 2017 - 11:18 PM

AC3's open world was a bench mark for immersion when it first came out IMO.

• Davo the Assassin, DexPac, Wu-Tang Forever and 2 others like this

Static
  • Static

Natural blondie like Goku

• The Yakuza
  • None
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 22 June 2017 - 11:08 PM Edited by Static, 22 June 2017 - 11:08 PM.

Wrong. Very wrong. Play more Ubi games, not just Far Cry 2 and AC Bloodlines.

Uhm, The Division and Wildlands maps were both boring and bland. The last good openworld the created was in Black Flag, but thats mainly due to setting the had to work with.

• Davo the Assassin likes this

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil" ™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 22 June 2017 - 11:45 PM Edited by El Diablo, 23 June 2017 - 03:33 AM.

I would call The Division map boring and bland.

I'd call the Wildlands map pretty awesome. great diversity of scenery and climates. pretty good diversity of architecture.

now given the Wildlands map isn't anything original or novel, I would grant you the fact that it might feel bland by the nature of how many times we've seen this setting before. like if you've already spent years playing all the Far Cry's and all the Crysis' and all the Ghost Recon's and all the Call of Duty's [etc] then you might say "oh jeeze, another lush tropical suburban environment, woop dee doo." and I sort of understand that. but taken within a vacuum, looking at it by itself, I feel like Wildlands represents some fairly strong world building.

and now we're totally off topic lol.

I don't think AC Origins is going to have any problems with a bland or boring map. what we've seen so far is gorgeous and they've basically only revealed some farmland and small towns. they haven't even shown us the major Egyptian cities yet.

• Wu-Tang Forever, Static, deadx23 and 1 other like this

Leftist Bastard
  • Leftist Bastard

Like tears in rain

• Daily Globe
  • Syria

Posted 23 June 2017 - 02:35 AM

AC Unity had bloody amazing world building. Paris is unmatched in beauty and scope.

• darthYENIK, HaythamKenway, Wu-Tang Forever and 2 others like this

Alpha Demigod
  • Alpha Demigod

Worthless deadbeat scumbag who deserves to die

• BUSTED!
  • Canada
  • Best Closet Brony 2016

Posted 23 June 2017 - 03:53 AM Edited by Alpha Demigod, 23 June 2017 - 03:54 AM.

AC Unity had bloody amazing world building. Paris is unmatched in beauty and scope.

Paris was indeed an amazing game world. As sh*tty as that game was, just walking around in Paris and looking at the sheer scale and detail of the buildings was incredible. Sometimes I stand on random rooftop across the street from Notre Dame and can't get over how f*cking big that building is.

And the other palace thing across from it. f*cking gigantic.

Such an amazing setting. A shame that the game was let down by a sh*tty story, and being unfinished and underdeveloped to this day.

Paris rivals Los Santos in GTAV, which currently has my #1 spot for "most amazing open world in a video game"

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

First of his name

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 23 June 2017 - 05:40 AM

Until you start paying attention to NPC's and their dumb as sh*t AI. They would regularly walk into walls and try to walk over obstacles. And there was way too many of them all the time in every part of Paris. They would stand inside other NPC's, float around etc. There's more to world building than just pure beauty. Open world games are unique in a way because the open world is the level, so world design is inseparable from level design. And level design in Unity sucks.

• Static likes this

Alpha Demigod
  • Alpha Demigod

• BUSTED!
  • Canada
  • Best Closet Brony 2016

Posted 23 June 2017 - 06:49 PM Edited by Alpha Demigod, 23 June 2017 - 06:49 PM.

Origins looks awesome. It's going to be a day 2 buy for me.

Watch the IGN, Gamespot, and maybe the ACG or Angry Joe review.

Confirm any suspicions. And buy the game. Looks like you'll have lots of fun sinking your teeth into the game, even though I still hate that the "collect-a-thon" bullsh*t is still there. I thought Ubi would have learned.

Literally every AC game since 2 has had "collect 0/50 animus jizz, 0/30 assassin condoms, 0/800 hidden relics, etc."

It's such awful padding in terms' of game design. I can't even.

Normally I can just "block it out". Don't do the collections and do the stuff that's ACTUALLY FUN. Like the gladiator arena or the assassin contracts.

But when the collect-circlejerk mixes in with the cool content...I get pissed off. I loved the idea of exploring underwater ruins but instead of getting a UNIQUE item all the underwater sh*t is pretty much just "collect 5 chests" that have like 20 bucks in them. Ugh.

• Journey_95 and Stellasin like this

luisniko
  • luisniko

Mayhem Agent

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 June 2017 - 03:05 AM

Just watched the new combat video. It looks like Soulsborne. I am..... interested..

Thugazi
  • Thugazi

chichi get the yayo

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 24 June 2017 - 09:41 AM Edited by Arthur Fookin Shelby, 24 June 2017 - 09:43 AM.

Not liking this RPG angle being pushed. Elements such as being unable to assassinate enemies because they have a higher level than you, having to unlock certain skills through skill points such as air assassinations. It seems like an excuse to stretch out the game and really kills the whole "being an assassin" thing.

There's far too much HUD for it's own good, I'm sure you can get remove some but Ubi needs to chill out on all this blinking/flashing sh*t constantly popping up.

What's with the arcady red glow you get after slicing your weapon? It doesn't look cool, It makes the weapon look floaty and kills weight and immersion during combat.

f*ck knows why they got rid of the cover system again, after perfecting it for two games. It made a lot of sense and was fun to use, now you have to awkwardly prop yourself against a wall waiting for a guard. It's a shame because they nailed it in Syndicate and Unity and gave sneaking around a real fluidity.

The kill animations look weak, they looked great in the very early games; very gritty.

It's painful watching shilled out reviewers making half ass excuses for awkward animations, questionable gameplay features and just general sh*ttery.

• Argonaut and The Deadite like this

Noclue_42
  • Noclue_42

How much for the ape?!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 24 June 2017 - 09:47 AM

okay, uhm, kinda sold :D

I just saw a black dude who bow'd a guy down silent style while jumping down from a tree in slow motion. don't care about the story since AC2, so whatever. but honestly the mechanics at least look OK.

and oh the coincidence @ release date being my birthday. I hate ubisoft, kind of, for the mediocre sh*t they put out etc, but who knows maybe this will be my reunion with the AC series. the landscapes look really nice too I thought.

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil" ™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 25 June 2017 - 08:02 PM Edited by El Diablo, 25 June 2017 - 11:19 PM.

jesus f/cking christ
tUqGimP.png

and it's sold out.
I want to meet one of these Silicon Valley nerds who would actually purchase this just to punch them in their douchebag face. that might be the tallest preorder package I've ever seen for a mainstream game.

• Thugazi likes this

Leftist Bastard
  • Leftist Bastard

Like tears in rain

• Daily Globe
  • Syria

Posted 25 June 2017 - 10:28 PM

Why are you so worked up over what people spend their money on lmao

• Sunrise Driver and Noclue_42 like this

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil" ™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 25 June 2017 - 11:24 PM

wait; do you not want to punch rich dorks in the face for being douchebags?

I'm confused :lol:

that's just one of the more ridiculous things I've ever seen.

we're not talking about crowdfunding perks or kickstarter access or pay-to-win prizes. we're talking about a standard, developer-issued preorder package. 800 dollars. it's pretty gross. I can't even figure out how they arrived at the pricetag. I guess it's mostly tied up in that 30-inch tall Bayek figure.

luisniko
  • luisniko

Mayhem Agent

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 June 2017 - 12:52 AM Edited by luisniko, 26 June 2017 - 12:53 AM.

As someone who collects merchandise but not up to nerd level, I must say 800 bucks is already a good deal.

That kind of statue itself may cost 800-ish. Hard cover artbook may cost USD35-40, which would be worsened for my case due to import price. Then we still got limited edition print arts, official licensed OST CD, and the 60 bucks game itself.

If the buyers were a statue collector and also a gamer, this package is definitely like a Happy Meal for them.
  • Stellasin and MrBellicLC like this

DexPac
  • DexPac

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 June 2017 - 01:35 AM

I'll never have the expendable income or desire to purchase something like that but to say someone who does is a douche bag that deserves to get punched in the face seems more than a little extreme.
  • Noclue_42 likes this

Stellasin
  • Stellasin

Choose your enemies carefully because they will define you

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 26 June 2017 - 08:43 AM

Well hardcore rich assassin's creed fans would get that :p

HaythamKenway
  • HaythamKenway

Scavenger

• Zaibatsu
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 26 June 2017 - 10:47 AM

I have multiple AC hoodies. My self-respect has evaporated years ago.

And even I think this is the dumbest sh*t.

• Cosmic Gypsy and Wu-Tang Forever like this

Wu-Tang Forever
  • Wu-Tang Forever

Since I'm not popular, I'll post on a video game forum

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 June 2017 - 01:29 PM

I've honestly never really understood the appeal of collector's editions like this. Some of the extras are admittedly kind of cool, but me personally, I'd probably just look at the art book and art cards once. The map is neat I guess, but I really can't get behind including it in an exclusive collector's edition when a lot of games have included maps with the standard editions for free (remember the gorgeous, authentic-feeling map included with Skyrim? An awesome extra, included by default with the standard sixty-dollar edition). And the statue, this is just me, but that huge thing would just take up space and collect dust like so many assassins have collected feathers. The only extras I'd be interested in are the soundtrack and the DLC, personally, but even then I wouldn't spend that much more extra on them.

Yeah, everyone is entitled to spend their money as they see fit (God knows a wise spender wouldn't have blown sixty bucks for an XB1 copy of GTA V, despite already having blown 40 bucks on the digital edition... ahem), but I'd side-eye the f*ck out of anyone who actually plunked down close to a grand for this thing. Barring stuff like a car or a house, there aren't a lot of things I'd spend 800 dollars on. Hell, you could buy an XB1 or PS4 and a copy of AC Origins for that price, and still have a few hundred bucks left over.

As for me, I'll probably just get the standard sixty-dollar edition and buy the Season Pass down the road, provided the DLC actually looks worthwhile. I am tempted by the Deluxe Edition, which is ten more bucks and includes some DLC, but that's as high as I'll go. And honestly... I've still got the incident of people buying season passes for Unity, only to have the launch be a complete trainwreck and have the season pass content released for free and be given a free Ubi game as a mea culpa, in the back of my head. Origins will probably fare much better, but you never know. I guess being cautiously optimistic is better than the "Oh my god this is going to be the best game ever, I'm literally counting down the days, there's no way this will be a disappointment" that got me so, so burned by GTA V (even if I grew to appreciate the game much more over the years... hell, given that above story of my, um, spending habits, the game must have done something right haha).

• HaythamKenway likes this

Alpha Demigod
  • Alpha Demigod

• BUSTED!
  • Canada
  • Best Closet Brony 2016

Posted 26 June 2017 - 01:52 PM Edited by Alpha Demigod, 26 June 2017 - 01:57 PM.

Collector's editions are called "collectors" for a reason. I never buy them because I don't see any rational purpose. The artworks will be online, so will the soundtrack and all that sh*t.

Games with giant, massive, $150+ collector editions are for those "hardcore" types. The guys that have memorized every AC map game by the goddamn square-foot.

To "casual fans" like us, buying a Collector's Edition seems f*cking stupid. A waste of hard-earned cash.

But to someone who owns this, it's not so irrational.

(this is some chick on DeviantArt who collects posters, books, toys, and all that sh*t.)

It's not so crazy to assume she'd buy the $800 edition

assassins_creed_collection_2_0_by_viivav
  • Sunrise Driver, ClaudeSpeed1911, Stellasin and 1 other like this

Stellasin
  • Stellasin

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 26 June 2017 - 02:36 PM

Collector's editions are called "collectors" for a reason. I never buy them because I don't see any rational purpose. The artworks will be online, so will the soundtrack and all that sh*t.

Games with giant, massive, $150+ collector editions are for those "hardcore" types. The guys that have memorized every AC map game by the goddamn square-foot.

To "casual fans" like us, buying a Collector's Edition seems f*cking stupid. A waste of hard-earned cash.

But to someone who owns this, it's not so irrational.

(this is some chick on DeviantArt who collects posters, books, toys, and all that sh*t.)

It's not so crazy to assume she'd buy the $800 edition

assassins_creed_collection_2_0_by_viivav

Damn she looks gorgeous. What's her name? 

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

First of his name

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 26 June 2017 - 03:30 PM Edited by The Yokel, 26 June 2017 - 03:42 PM.

Being a collector of anything always seemed irrational to me. But if it makes someone happy and they're not hurting anybody, it's fine.

Alpha Demigod
  • Alpha Demigod

• BUSTED!
  • Canada
  • Best Closet Brony 2016

Posted 26 June 2017 - 04:48 PM Edited by Alpha Demigod, 26 June 2017 - 04:50 PM.

Being a collector of anything always seemed irrational to me. But if it makes someone happy and they're not hurting anybody, it's fine.

This is my entire philosophy on life. Man should be allowed to have fun as long as they're not hurting anyone else.

Do you want to spend $1800 collecting AssCreed toys? Go right ahead. It's not affecting me.

Do you get your fun from punching other people in the face? f*ck you.

This is why I HATE people like murderers, thieves, and all that. Their existence hurts other and these crimes should be prosecuted.

But I hate when "soccer moms" constantly talk sh*t about drug users or guys who go to raves and stuff like that.

A person going to an EDM party and getting coked the f*ck out on Ecstasy should be allowed to do that. He's not hurting anyone else (as long as he doesn't get high and attack others).

I know a guy that likes to get piss-drunk and such on a regular basis and people are constantly judging his choices as if they have some sort of moral high ground. But what's he doing wrong? He's drinking so he can have fun. He's not hurting you.
  • Sunrise Driver likes this

Sunrise Driver
  • Sunrise Driver

The Infidel

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 29 June 2017 - 09:09 PM

If I had lots of money I'd get Assassin's Creed Collectors as well.

That picture looks sexy and I ain't talking about the girl.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

First of his name

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 07 July 2017 - 04:19 PM

Wow. All the changes that they were trying to hype up during E3 are essentially just shallow cosmetic changes. In the end, the same old sh*tty design philosophy from AC III and beyond is what fuels this AC title.

Stellasin
  • Stellasin

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 07 July 2017 - 05:14 PM

Wow. All the changes that they were trying to hype up during E3 are essentially just shallow cosmetic changes. In the end, the same old sh*tty design philosophy from AC III and beyond is what fuels this AC title.

Just shut up and wait for the game whiny kid.

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil" ™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 07 July 2017 - 11:16 PM

All the changes that they were trying to hype up during E3 are essentially just shallow cosmetic changes. In the end, the same old sh*tty design philosophy from AC III and beyond is what fuels this AC title.

what exactly are you talking about?

I mean, it's clearly alpha footage.

• Stellasin and MrBellicLC like this

iiConTr0v3rSYx
  • iiConTr0v3rSYx

Warning.... Warning... Controversy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 July 2017 - 12:31 AM

Haven't fully played an Assassin Creed game since 3, but I'm a sucker for Ancient Egypt settings!

Being Ubisoft it's always cautious to wait for reviews.

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

Noh....nowy tendz

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 11 July 2017 - 02:35 PM

I have to say....I'm interested. Last AC game I purchased was AC III. I did play Unity and Syndicate but they were gifts from a friend. 

Origins will be the first AC game I purchase since III.

The Ancient Egypt setting interests me and thus far I have enjoyed what I've seen. I like that the devs have made it more open world and rather than the traditional AC missions model, they have moved on to 'quests', where you can have many on the go at once. At least, that's what a dev said in one of the GI interviews. They also said they took inspiration from Witcher 3. Well, I certainly hope so.

Cautious (it is Ubi, after all) but....somewhat optimistic. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users