» «
Photo

Assassin's Creed: Origins [2017]

89 replies to this topic
Frantz Fuchs
  • Frantz Fuchs

640509-040147

• Members

Posted 16 May 2017 - 05:49 PM Edited by Mister Pink, 12 June 2017 - 02:44 PM.

https://twitter.com/...511845994024960

• MiamiViceCity likes this

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

🇯🇲 🇬🇭 🇯🇲

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
  • Most Valuable Player 2014
    Contribution Award [Sports]
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Event 2013 "GTAF Gang League 2013"
    Most Valuable Player 2012
    Best Contributor [Multiplayer] 2012
    Most Valuable Player 2011
    Winner of World Cup 2010 Prediction League
    Best Event 2010 "GTAF Gang League 2010"
    Most Valuable Player 2010
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 16 May 2017 - 06:44 PM

Is it confirmed it's called origins?

Frantz Fuchs
  • Frantz Fuchs

640509-040147

• Members

Posted 16 May 2017 - 09:42 PM

Is it confirmed it's called origins?

Nah. Will update when it's official in the next few weeks.

dante財閥
  • dante財閥

財閥

• Members
  • France

Posted 16 May 2017 - 10:49 PM

Unlikely it'll be the next few weeks. More like by the end of this week. 

Anyways, I'm insanely hyped. For anybody who wants to see the information that has been leaked so far, see below. It's nothing majorly spoilery, but If you want to go in with a completely fresh perspective then obviously don't keep reading. 

The leaks aren't "accidents". Controlled. Both pictures are real. The first one (where the MC stood in front of something) is very old. The second one is a picture from the Demo we'll see at E3.
New scouting mechanic, the eagle. The eagle's placeholder name for now is "Akhom".
There are NO towers in the game. You will be using your eagle for side-activities and points of interest. There's a limit to how far you can go away from the protagonist. EDIT: Since many people are taking this the wrong way: With this the leaker probably meant that you won't be using towers in order to unlock parts of the map since it's been replaced by the eagle mechanic. Towers themselves aren't removed from the game.
The characters all speak English like in Unity. That is because of the Animus 5.0, which has perfected any translation issues of the older versions. You will be sitting in it, not moving around like in the movie.
We have a new Modern Day protagonist, he's male and mixed race. Already a trained Assassin and has a new team that helps him achieve his task, given by William himself. William, Rebecca, Shaun all make appearances.
MD is more like AC3's MD with bigger areas and more character interaction. The MD does more to highlight the fact that Assassins and Templars still exist and are having a big impact on the world.
"Without giving too much away, a piece of Eden is used during the Exodus and the crossing of the Red Sea, playing into the whole overarching mission of the modern-day protagonist." Not main focus of the story though.
He doesn't exactly know when it's set, but last he heard it was set between 1400 and 1200 BCE. It's set during the Dynasties.
NO naval combat. It really is only just a sailing boat used for travel purposes. It's like in The Witcher 3, just a tad more customizable. That's it.
He states numerous times that the world is breathtakingly beautiful and that there is ambient stuff going on in the open seas. Better to sail than miss this stuff by fast-travelling.
You will be travelling the Eastern Mediterranean with your boat.
Ambient music is in the game. Hooray!
Devs have focused on story 100%. There is no multiplayer whatsoever, however there are micro-transactions like in BF and Rogue. Multiplayer is still on the cards, might return at some point to the franchise.
A lot of work went into the immersion aspect.
Plenty of tropical areas. Mirages, oasis areas and various islands dotted around the sea are beautiful.
The main protag (in the past) is a quieter version of Altair, basically. Looks like him, slightly darker. Not black like Adé. Trilogy with him planned. Greece comes next and he's in there. No idea about the third entry at all.
Main protag (past) is apparently Israelite.
Combat has been reworked. Enemies have different attack patterns and will actively try to flank you. Kinda like Witcher 3, but easier to get into.
Stealth is much more integrated into the world. You can hide on corners, in crowds, in buildings and in bushes/haystacks. Imagine Syndicate and Unity's stealth, but much more well thought out and implemented. Social stealth is emphasized a lot in the game. You'll be blending into crowds and with groups of slaves an awful lot.
Free running is the same as Syndicate/Unity, though it adds in some of the flair from Watch Dogs 2. It's a lot smoother and more fluid.
Reason why AC doesn't make its way to Japan is because the higher ups don't see it being successful. They made China for Chronicles to "please the fans". Whoop-de-doo.
Same thing for WW1 and WW2.
Engine is a reworked version of Syndicate's. But looks drastically different to Syndicate/Unity.
They took Unity's backlash very, very badly. They've been working on Origins so much to avoid another buggy situation. "Syndicate was about 60% complete when the backlash came to light, so Ubi shoved that one out of the door before we had the break."
No Switch version, releases on PS4, Xbawks One and PC.
Coming out later this year.
Hidden Blade used in the game is a very early version. Requires losing a finger. There's also a bow, a shield, various swords, spears and throwing knives.
Our protagonist (paaast) doesn't have a name at the beginning. Later, other characters start calling him "Shed", after the deity that represents salvation. A big part of the story revolves around saving your people from slavery.
https://en.wikipedia...iki/Shed_(deity)
The idea of an Ancient Rome game was floating around the office. Ceasar wasn't a Templar, but shared a lot of their ideologies. Senators that killed him were part of the Brotherhood. Status of this idea is unknown.
Skills are done in a talent tree. However, the differences between the skill trees are drastically different and you can only ever have a certain amount of skills active at one point. One tree is Combat, another Stealth and the final one is Movement.
Outfit-wise, there's a few pre-determined outfits (as there has been in every AC game). However, there are different piece of equipment that you can buy that will go over the top of your 'base' appearance. Imagine Unity's equipment variation/customization, but with less pointless fluff.
Character customization is more like Unity than Syndicate.
EDIT: I forgot to add this, sorry people: You can put your hood on and off whenever you want!

• anthony, Frantz Fuchs and jrl51592 like this

Oldsport
  • Oldsport

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2017 - 12:40 AM

I thought it was called empire and was in egypt

Frantz Fuchs
  • Frantz Fuchs

640509-040147

• Members

Posted 17 May 2017 - 09:33 AM

I thought it was called empire and was in egypt

It is in Egypt. That name was just a rumour.

Frantz Fuchs
  • Frantz Fuchs

640509-040147

• Members

Posted 10 June 2017 - 11:03 PM

Bump  :whistle:

Stellasin
  • Stellasin

Choose your enemies carefully because they will define you

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 11 June 2017 - 09:58 PM Edited by Stellasin, 11 June 2017 - 10:00 PM.

So a few minutes ago Assassin's Creed Origins was officially announced at Xbox's conference at E3 2017. There were ton's of leaks before the announcement which turned out to be legit. Ubisoft has given us a trailer and a short gameplay for now:

What do you guys think of it? Also any clue about that snake in the trailer?

Please notify me if there is already another topic existing.

• anthony, Cosmic Gypsy and MrBellicLC like this

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

The Infidel

• Members
  • Kosovo

Posted 11 June 2017 - 10:05 PM Edited by Street Mix, 11 June 2017 - 11:37 PM.

Underwater explorations are back....with alligators.....damn.

That beast in the end is a f**king disappointment.

P.S. I swear, in future AC games we'll have protagonists running on walls like in Prototype.

Kinda hyped but not gonna be my best AC.

Leftist Bastard
  • Leftist Bastard

Like tears in rain

• Daily Globe
  • Syria

Posted 11 June 2017 - 10:54 PM

Looks really promising but need polish. Here's hoping for an even better showing at Ubisoft.

Stellasin
  • Stellasin

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 12 June 2017 - 09:59 AM

Ingame screenshots by Ubisoft:

Cd0VWNN.jpg

Abhd7J9.jpg

0nBkv6K.jpg

qo008ng.jpg

bWtn53S.jpg

xTmFok2.jpg

0CZSUtf.jpg

bDNzLHr.jpg

09JLAR4.jpg

9BewDU1.jpg

• AndyGanteks, MiamiViceCity, Payne Killer and 1 other like this

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

The Infidel

• Members
  • Kosovo

Posted 12 June 2017 - 09:59 AM

http://gtaforums.com...-creed-origins/

You could scroll a bit down.

Stellasin
  • Stellasin

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 12 June 2017 - 10:12 AM Edited by Stellasin, 12 June 2017 - 10:09 AM.

http://gtaforums.com...-creed-origins/

You could scroll a bit down.

Sorry didn't see that. I'll still continue this though.

YSjwO1o.jpg

FTiLb6W.jpg

TkhEjgs.jpg

xnCOrg2.jpg

N3AKQ7s.jpg

1MMcnie.jpg

wDCqcpb.jpg

Vahw4Jb.jpg

7a4QTwg.jpg

• AndyGanteks and Wu-Tang Forever like this

Leftist Bastard
  • Leftist Bastard

Like tears in rain

• Daily Globe
  • Syria

Posted 12 June 2017 - 02:23 PM

Obvious bullshots but the game's visuals still are amazing. Really want to dig into the new world they built.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Pink.Inc

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 12 June 2017 - 02:39 PM Edited by Mister Pink, 12 June 2017 - 02:45 PM.

I'm going to keep this topic open, even though there's the Assassin's Creed Series chat as it's a big release and all other Assassin's Creed's had their own topics. Also merged with the older Origins topic. 

They are some beautiful screens above. I'm interested how this AC will turn out. 

• Stellasin likes this

Stellasin
  • Stellasin

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 12 June 2017 - 03:24 PM

I'm going to keep this topic open, even though there's the Assassin's Creed Series chat as it's a big release and all other Assassin's Creed's had their own topics. Also merged with the older Origins topic. 

They are some beautiful screens above. I'm interested how this AC will turn out. 

Some of them are just artworks. I just hope they look better in the game.

• Mister Pink likes this

Jabalous
  • Jabalous

Villager

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 June 2017 - 05:57 PM

Nothing impressive. Another AC game since Brotherhood to pass over and probably never looking again for anything from Ubisoft. 

Leftist Bastard
  • Leftist Bastard

Like tears in rain

• Daily Globe
  • Syria

Posted 12 June 2017 - 06:02 PM

Nothing impressive. Another AC game since Brotherhood to pass over and probably never looking again for anything from Ubisoft. 

What could Ubisoft do to actually win you over?

Genuine question here because for someone who hasn't played an AC game since Brotherhood this will seem almost like a completely different game, so surely it can't be the supposed lack of innovation?

• Street Mix, Stellasin and MrBellicLC like this

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

The Infidel

• Members
  • Kosovo

Posted 12 June 2017 - 06:31 PM

Oh another hipster, who's too cool to play Ubisoft games and who's argument is retarded at best.

• MrBellicLC likes this

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Tokel. Never forgetti.

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 12 June 2017 - 06:38 PM

It's hard to argue with personal taste. If you don't think that it looks impressive, that's fine. But we should all agree that it looks remarkably different from every other Assassin's Creed game to date. And I don't mean because of the setting. The gameplay has been changed pretty drastically.

• MrBellicLC likes this

Stellasin
  • Stellasin

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 12 June 2017 - 07:39 PM

The part of the combat I didn't like was the dodging move. He just slides on the ground. It's just an alpha gameplay so I just hope they change it to something like rolling on the ground. 

Leftist Bastard
  • Leftist Bastard

Like tears in rain

• Daily Globe
  • Syria

Posted 12 June 2017 - 07:54 PM

I hope they give each attack more weight. I like what they're going after; abandoning the almost automated system they had going on for a while but to do that sort of thing right I need to feel the impact of my hits when they connect and vice versa. It looked a bit floaty from what we've seen and I hope they rectify that.

Jabalous
  • Jabalous

Villager

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 June 2017 - 08:29 PM Edited by Jabalous, 12 June 2017 - 08:30 PM.

Genuine question here because for someone who hasn't played an AC game since Brotherhood this will seem almost like a completely different game, so surely it can't be the supposed lack of innovation?

The world looks dead from an art point of view, and the way pedestrians react and look (models) haven't changed much from the older games. Even horse animations seem like it's taken from Brotherhood without an upgrade. These little details, if done badly, turn me off and make the whole experience lesser. Bring it up to R*'s standards, or else! 

Leftist Bastard
  • Leftist Bastard

Like tears in rain

• Daily Globe
  • Syria

Posted 12 June 2017 - 08:57 PM

The world looks dead from an art point of view, and the way pedestrians react and look (models) haven't changed much from the older games. Even horse animations seem like it's taken from Brotherhood without an upgrade. These little details, if done badly, turn me off and make the whole experience lesser. Bring it up to R*'s standards, or else! 

How so? this game is absolutely gorgeous. Egypt looks varied and incredibly beautiful from a technical and artistic point of view. People who've had hands on with the game have stated NPCs are much more reactive to what you do, there is more density and player acknowledgement in general. More so than the old games. The horse animation certainly isn't from BH, Ezio hunches more when on horse back.

And really a horse animation is a minute thing when faced with all the core gameplay changes they've made.

• HaythamKenway, Stellasin and MrBellicLC like this

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil" ™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 12 June 2017 - 09:07 PM

you're either trolling or you're blind.

so which is it...

• Street Mix, Stellasin and MrBellicLC like this

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

The Infidel

• Members
  • Kosovo

Posted 12 June 2017 - 09:23 PM

SEAMLESS UNDERWATER GAMEPLAY. Just like Just Cause / GTA 5.

HaythamKenway
  • HaythamKenway

Scavenger

• Zaibatsu
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 12 June 2017 - 10:01 PM

SEAMLESS UNDERWATER GAMEPLAY. Just like Just Cause / GTA 5.

Right, the underwater duel with the hippo was hilarious.

This playthrough was exactly what people needed to see yesterday (truncated for the MS keynote, obviously) to sell them on the game. It looks brilliant. They did a much better job at presenting the strenghts of the game rather than making it come across as simplified Unity in Egypt with loot and Dark Souls combat.

• Wu-Tang Forever and Stellasin like this

BLOOD
  • BLOOD

By: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None
  • Take-Two Analyst of the Year

Posted 12 June 2017 - 10:20 PM

I am so getting the game come October!
  • anthony likes this

jrl51592
  • jrl51592

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 June 2017 - 02:23 AM

I'm excited and can't wait to play this game!
  • anthony likes this

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 13 June 2017 - 02:26 AM

Looks awesome from what I can see. Ancient Egypt's a new and refreshing location that's rarely if ever been utilised in a video game. The last few Assassin's Creed games have been up and down for me so hopefully this one's on the up.

• anthony, Wu-Tang Forever, Stellasin and 1 other like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users