Photo

Music Confessions

15 replies to this topic
Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

prettier n nastier

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 11 June 2017 - 08:56 PM Edited by Achlys, 11 June 2017 - 09:22 PM.

Since we have one for Gen Chat, GTA, Gaming, and Movies/TV, then why not Music, too?

Here's a few of mine:

I like to think of these three songs as my pervy alter-ego's "theme songs". There's a reason why XXI called me "ya nastay"(ironically, the name of one of the songs) on my masturbation milestone thread. :pp
Spoiler

I'm genuinely curious if Mr. Scratch, and make total destroy are really going to start a band together. A band with both the cutest member, and the smexiest member in it? I'd LOVE to join them as a groupie. :inlove:

I've been wanting to write a review of The Gun Club, and Japan's debut albums, and Macabre's Sinister Slaughter for p long time. It's just that I never have the time to do it.

It took me a long time to like GG Allin's tamer material from the early days of his career. Back when Drunken Cowboy(RIP) introduced me to him, I started to listen to his pervy and violent songs, so I was surprised by the power pop that he played back when he was the frontman of The Jabbers. Although there were a few signs of what he would later become. Like Steve Huey said on his review of their only album:
"Amazingly enough, the violent hatred, sexual and psychological degradation, and staggering stupidity only hint at the heights (or depths) Allin would reach later."
  • DarkSavageDeathlyCloud and xxi like this

Craig
  • Craig

Umbilical World

• None
  • Best Writer 2011
    Time Traveller Of The Year 1984

Posted 18 June 2017 - 01:42 AM

If I don't like a band name or much of their album artwork, I likely won't add their music to my collection. I prune my iTunes library carefully and I like things to look as pleasing as a cultivated bookshelf might, or (perhaps more relevantly) a wall of vinyl LPs. If I can't find suitable artwork I'll strive to make my own by cropping existing images. In extreme cases I simply won't download/but it and omit it from my library altogether.
  • Mister Pink likes this

Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

prettier n nastier

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 03 July 2017 - 05:13 AM

I used to think Like a Rolling Stone was by The Rolling Stones, it wasn't until much later that I found out that it was by Bob Dylan. Speaking of, I think he was quite cute during his youth.

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud
  • DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

here is wondering how long a member title actually could be

• BUSTED!
  • Belgium

Posted 04 July 2017 - 09:15 PM

I am so picky to put music in my actual music playlist that is on both my phone, pc and an usb stick that after about 5 years of collecting music, i still have only about a few 100's of songs on it...also mixed in the list are sountracks from movies, videogames and even trailers.

bloatedsack
  • bloatedsack

My boner.

• GTAF Crew
  • Vatican-City

Posted 05 July 2017 - 03:59 PM Edited by bloatedsack, 05 July 2017 - 04:00 PM.

Arrested Development's 3 Years, 5 Months, and 2 Days in the Life of... is grossly under appreciated and a phenomenal record that you feel absolutely ridiculous blasting out of your car in 2017.

I enjoy far Robbie Williams songs than I'd ever care to admit.

I can sing every word of Barry Manilow's Copa Cabana and have done so to win bets more than once.

I've human beatboxed onstage with Vanilla Ice. I am inordinately proud of this. This was after "heckling" for his entire set to play "Havin' a Roni."

Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

prettier n nastier

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 16 July 2017 - 07:34 PM

Sometimes I go to sleep while playing this song on repeat, hoping that it'll make me have a dream about wandering through a thick, foggy forest.

It hasn't worked.

• The Hippie and AlienOne 77 like this

The Hippie
  • The Hippie

Non-conformist

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 19 July 2017 - 11:38 PM Edited by The Hippie, 19 July 2017 - 11:39 PM.

When I was younger, I used to think bands like Alice Cooper and Pink Floyd were actually peoples names. I'm sure there is a few more I can't think of right now but those were the first 2 that popped in my head.

Also, I'd say the majority of my favourite songs are really downing or even depressing. Even if it's not an obviously sad song, many songs still bring that out in me. I used to believe that feeling so low can only make your future feel better (can only go up from here). But maybe, it's more so that feelings of despair is such a strong emotion for me, it's as if I choose to feel that way? I use music to achieve these strong feelings, which I can't easily get elsewhere. It is such a strange concept when you have to put it into words. Damn. 

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy
  • Best Poster [Vehicles] 2016

Posted 20 July 2017 - 04:45 AM Edited by Scaglietti, 20 July 2017 - 04:46 AM.

I don't really listen to music a whole lot. The only times I do are usually when I'm relaxed, in the car or playing a game. I also easily get nostalgia from memories around a time I first heard or frequently listened to a song. My saved music list for 2016 can bring back memories of the whole entire year basically. Don't get me wrong I really love music but I kinda have to be in the mood. Yet I add on average 4 songs a week to my playlist. Odd right?

PaeganLoveSong
  • PaeganLoveSong

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 August 2017 - 05:12 AM

Steve Miller Band was the Limp Bizkit of their day.

Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

prettier n nastier

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 10 August 2017 - 05:10 AM Edited by Femme Fatale, 10 August 2017 - 05:10 AM.

Back when I first heard Amoeba by The Adolescents on THPS3, I thought the chorus chanted "Tony Hawk! Tony Hawk!" It wasn't until a few years later that I realized it was Amoeba! Amoeba!

Matrelith
  • Matrelith

Inveniam viam aut faciam

• Facade Corporation
  • Netherlands

Posted 10 August 2017 - 05:41 PM

Back when I first heard Amoeba by The Adolescents on THPS3, I thought the chorus chanted "Tony Hawk! Tony Hawk!" It wasn't until a few years later that I realized it was Amoeba! Amoeba!

From what I've seen I think a lot of people had the same idea. ''Oh wow, these guys made Tony his very own theme song for this game, cool!''

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

In my sights

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 17 August 2017 - 01:46 PM

When I was in high school I went through a heavy metal phase to fit in with my mates. Iron Maiden, Slipknot etc. I don't know why because I can't stand It now.
  • Alexander likes this

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud
  • DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

here is wondering how long a member title actually could be

• BUSTED!
  • Belgium

Posted 18 August 2017 - 12:06 AM

I always kinda like to understand the meaning of a song, unless of course in rare cases were the song truelly means nothing.

Alexander
  • Alexander

where's my fccing son

• The Yardies
  • Venezuela

Posted 18 August 2017 - 12:16 AM

When I was in high school I went through a heavy metal phase to fit in with my mates. Iron Maiden, Slipknot etc. I don't know why because I can't stand It now.

Didn't we all had that phase though. I still listen to a bunch of SoaD :p

also happy weekly name change!

Anyway, confession.

Spoiler

Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

prettier n nastier

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 28 August 2017 - 04:55 AM

I used to think Oh, Pretty Woman was by Elvis, lol.

Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

prettier n nastier

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 4 weeks ago

I'm going to tattoo the lyrics:
Who do you want me to be?
To make you sleep with me?

From the song, Obsession, on my chest some time soon.
  • Dork Edgelord likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users