55 replies to this topic
GTA_The_Series
  • GTA_The_Series

THUG LIFE TILL I DIE -Legendary 2pac

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2017 - 08:31 PM

I thought i share this rare find.

Anybody have a reason why this rare drug dealer spawned? I haven't seen this dealer in a very long time. Last time i've encountered him on the streets was on the Ps2 version a long ass time ago. He's only seen during the mission Ice Cold Killa so he isn't script to spawn on the streets like the other three dealers. Mabye he spawned during the beta stages of SA but was probably cut during the final game?
Here's a few pics....

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler
  • assCRACK_98, Crimie, Dream-_-Traveler and 1 other like this

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 11 June 2017 - 09:14 PM Edited by lil weasel, 11 June 2017 - 09:24 PM.

That image does not look like any PlayStation 2 game.
Looks to be a Mobile Game.

Beta_crack_dealer.jpg
An image search (Google) says that is a Beta Crack Dealer.

So it would appear you have a Modded Game.

GTA_The_Series
  • GTA_The_Series

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2017 - 09:45 PM Edited by GTA_The_Series, 11 June 2017 - 10:07 PM.

That image does not look like any PlayStation 2 game.
Looks to be a Mobile Game.

Beta_crack_dealer.jpg
An image search (Google) says that is a Beta Crack Dealer.

So it would appear you have a Modded Game.

Mobile? It's the 360 version. Remember how the HD remasters still have some mobile buttons left over from the mobile ports? It's what made him rare that he appeared in this version. Last time i saw him was on the Ps2 long ago. Was just wondering what made him spawn near temple. His model is very rare.

HalfOfAKebab
  • HalfOfAKebab

Help & Support

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award [GTAO]

Posted 11 June 2017 - 10:53 PM

This is interesting, I've never seen this, at least on PC. I don't remember ever seeing him on PS2, but I haven't played too much on PS2 since I was a kid.
  • lil weasel likes this

Simply_Wasted
  • Simply_Wasted

YOU CHUBBY MUTHAF*CKA!!! -Ryder

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2017 - 11:28 PM Edited by Simply_Wasted, 11 June 2017 - 11:29 PM.

Nice find. I've seen this dude on my xbox original copy of the game. Yeah, he is very rare to appear on the streets. Like Weasle said he's a beta drug dealer. Doesn't make any sense if R* cut him from the final game but yet still apperears on rare occasions :p

Evil empire
  • Evil empire

Homie

• Members
  • France

Posted 12 June 2017 - 12:20 AM

I played this game during countless hours and never saw him neither.

• lil weasel likes this

GTA_The_Series
  • GTA_The_Series

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 June 2017 - 12:48 AM Edited by GTA_The_Series, 12 June 2017 - 04:45 AM.

I played this game during countless hours and never saw him neither.

He's really rare. He's not scripted to spawn on the streets. He's probably the the only beta pedestrian to still appear in the game.

I had some fun messing with this guy. I entered the recruit everyone cheat and had this guy shoot random people. Pretty nice find. Don't think he migh spawn again though :dontgetit:
  • Simply_Wasted likes this

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 12 June 2017 - 01:18 AM

Joining in on the Never saw him before.
I have the Xbox One s, PlayStation 4 Pro, PS3, PS2, and PC games.

My Xbox One s console does not show any Mobile buttons when playing.

GTA_The_Series
  • GTA_The_Series

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 June 2017 - 01:51 AM

Joining in on the Never saw him before.
I have the Xbox One s, PlayStation 4 Pro, PS3, PS2, and PC games.

My Xbox One s console does not show any Mobile buttons when playing.

Uh...SA isn't for the xbox one though, lol.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Feroci
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 12 June 2017 - 02:22 AM Edited by OrionSR, 12 June 2017 - 02:24 AM.

Ice Cold Killa is fairly unique in that CJ enters the Pleasure Domes through one enex and exits through another. I guess something similar happens during Just Business as CJ passes through the Atrium, but then he's usually locked into an escape mission. Perhaps observations during a Nebula collection (see special vehicle topic) might provide more clues. Or not, the enexes are different and may provide different results.

So my best guess is that the rare dealer is spawning because of something to do with enex path, but that's still just a guess. At what point in the mission did were these images taken?

Off topic: If you want to see a screwed up enex try exiting the Pleasure Domes using the same rooftop entrance used to enter.

The Biker and Hispanic dealer shown above are mostly functional (on PS2 and PC, not verified on systems) if the zone properties are tweaked a little. In a normal game the biker dealer will spawn readily in SF if Ballas, Vagos or Grove density is glitched into the zone - easy on PS2v1 using the fly off the map trick. The biker dealer is frequently seen near CJ's starting point on a brand new game. Otherwise I've never seen him outside of SF.

The Hispanic dealer is a bit more difficult to spawn. He's appear in some LV zones without too much effort, but for a lot of zone types the ped type variable needs to be adjusted or he won't spawn. And if you fiddle with the ped type properties he'll appear in country and, iirc, even LS zones. 

I never gained full control of the dealers, but by experimenting enough I manage to implement both the Hispanic and biker dealers on a normal game simply by adjusting the zone properties in the save. Check out the Chain Game save linked in the mission help subforum if you are curious.

• thehambone, GTA_The_Series and Simply_Wasted like this

Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

prettier n nastier

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 12 June 2017 - 02:47 AM Edited by Achlys, 12 June 2017 - 02:47 AM.

I encountered him once waaaay back when I was addicted to the game on the PS2. Never saw him again ever since.
  • Simply_Wasted likes this

GTA_The_Series
  • GTA_The_Series

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 June 2017 - 03:45 AM

So my best guess is that the rare dealer is spawning because of something to do with enex path, but that's still just a guess. At what point in the mission did were these images taken?

Sorry for the late reply. I wasn't on any mission. I completed the story on this save file long ago. Almost like 2 or 3 years ago. I was just driving around with a couple of Grove homies when i happended to spot this guy. I immediately knew this dealer was very rare. I have not seen him in a long time. If i remember correctly i spotted him on the Ps2 version near the beach area of LS way back in 2009. I remember i took a picture of him and saved it to my gallery. But i lost that save file long ago. I haven't seen him since on my Ps2 version of SA.

Simply_Wasted
  • Simply_Wasted

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 June 2017 - 04:00 AM Edited by Simply_Wasted, 12 June 2017 - 04:05 AM.

Can this dealer be spawned if doing the territory glitch? I'm curious to know as this thread really made me want to spot this rare dealer again lol. Strange as i never encountered this guy playing the PC versions. Never seen him on the Ps2 either but i witness him on my Xbox original of the game in Las Venturas. So by doing the territory glitch can this dude spawn? Can anyone confirm this?

GTA_The_Series
  • GTA_The_Series

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 June 2017 - 04:39 AM Edited by GTA_The_Series, 12 June 2017 - 04:50 AM.

Can this dealer be spawned if doing the territory glitch? I'm curious to know as this thread really made me want to spot this rare dealer again lol. Strange as i never encountered this guy playing the PC versions. Never seen him on the Ps2 either but i witness him on my Xbox original of the game in Las Venturas. So by doing the territory glitch can this dude spawn? Can anyone confirm this?

I've done this glitch quite a few times on the Ps2 but the majority of the time it's the biker dealer that spawns on the Ps2. I remember seeing that biker dealer near the desert areas on the map in balla territory. I haven't done this recently though so i'm not too sure since my Ps2 is up in my closet. Hence why i was playing my 360 version. I can try this on the 360 but i don't even know if the glitch works or not. Probably does though but to lazy to check right know lel :p

Simply_Wasted
  • Simply_Wasted

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 June 2017 - 06:09 AM

Have you ever spotted him on the mobile versions? Since the Ps3 and 360 versions are both mobile ports i assume he as to appear on the mobile ports as well right? It's strange how you found this lil homie on the 360 port. You would've think this would be last port you'd would find rare things like this. I just forgot the territory glitch doesn't really work on the Xbox original :/ So i'll have to hook up my ps2. Thing is i have no clue where's my Ps2 copy of SA :blink:

GTA_The_Series
  • GTA_The_Series

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 June 2017 - 06:45 AM Edited by GTA_The_Series, 13 June 2017 - 10:32 AM.

Have you ever spotted him on the mobile versions? Since the Ps3 and 360 versions are both mobile ports i assume he as to appear on the mobile ports as well right? It's strange how you found this lil homie on the 360 port. You would've think this would be last port you'd would find rare things like this. I just forgot the territory glitch doesn't really work on the Xbox original :/ So i'll have to hook up my ps2. Thing is i have no clue where's my Ps2 copy of SA :blink:

No. In all my time playing SA on mobile he's never appeared on the streets.

It's always these common drug dealers that spawn on the streets.

Zw1oAr0.jpg

The only reason the biker dealer is rare is because he only appears at the very begging of the game. After a while into the story the biker dealer stops spawning and the other two common dealers will remain the streets for the rest of the game.

MFKo2FA.jpg

^^ This cholo dealer is the rarest dealer out of the four. He was never ment to spawn on the streets. He was featured in the beta like others mentioned. Still though, i don't understand why he would just randomly spawn. I was near Temple just crusing with my Grove homies when i happened to spot him. It also seems he is the most aggressive out of the four. Even though CJ didn't say anything he just started shooting me just because i was standing near him. Hope i spot him again but it's highly unlikely. He's way too rare. Interesting stuff right here. If only R* did this with their other gta games.

Inadequate
  • Inadequate

Midnight Emulator

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 June 2017 - 08:14 AM

I've encountered he many times on PC and only twice on PS2, so nothing weird for me.
  • Son Of Big Boss likes this

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 June 2017 - 09:29 AM

Ice Cold Killa is fairly unique in that CJ enters the Pleasure Domes through one enex and exits through another. I guess something similar happens during Just Business as CJ passes through the Atrium, but then he's usually locked into an escape mission. Perhaps observations during a Nebula collection (see special vehicle topic) might provide more clues. Or not, the enexes are different and may provide different results.

Off topic: If you want to see a screwed up enex try exiting the Pleasure Domes using the same rooftop entrance used to enter.

The Biker and Hispanic dealer shown above are mostly functional (on PS2 and PC, not verified on systems) if the zone properties are tweaked a little. In a normal game the biker dealer will spawn readily in SF if Ballas, Vagos or Grove density is glitched into the zone - easy on PS2v1 using the fly off the map trick. The biker dealer is frequently seen near CJ's starting point on a brand new game. Otherwise I've never seen him outside of SF.

The Hispanic dealer is a bit more difficult to spawn. He's appear in some LV zones without too much effort, but for a lot of zone types the ped type variable needs to be adjusted or he won't spawn. And if you fiddle with the ped type properties he'll appear in country and, iirc, even LS zones. 

I never gained full control of the dealers, but by experimenting enough I manage to implement both the Hispanic and biker dealers on a normal game simply by adjusting the zone properties in the save. Check out the Chain Game save linked in the mission help subforum if you are curious.

If I use the Extended Gang Wars mod for gang territories outside of LS, do the black and white drug dealers also spawn in SF and LS too ?

Evil empire
  • Evil empire

Homie

• Members
  • France

Posted 12 June 2017 - 09:42 AM Edited by Evil-Empire, 12 June 2017 - 11:16 AM.

If I use the Extended Gang Wars mod for gang territories outside of LS, do the black and white drug dealers also spawn in SF and LS too ?

If you add Grove, Ballas and Vagos territories in Las Venturas you'll essentially cross the Black dealer.

In San Fierro you'll mostly cross the biker dealer.

You don't need any mod to add gang territories just savegame editor.

• Official General likes this

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 June 2017 - 10:57 AM

If you add Grove, Ballas and Vagos territories in Las venturas you'll essentially cross the Black dealer.

Thanks for that, but the black dealer still shows in SF though right ?

Terrc87
  • Terrc87

Snitch

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 12 June 2017 - 11:05 AM

encoutered this drug dealer many times on pc but rarely on any platform, idk why. that drug dealer usually slanging his dope in East LS area.

Evil empire
  • Evil empire

Homie

• Members
  • France

Posted 12 June 2017 - 11:17 AM

If you add Grove, Ballas and Vagos territories in Las venturas you'll essentially cross the Black dealer.

Thanks for that, but the black dealer still shows in SF though right ?

Except if I'm wrong yes.

GTA_The_Series
  • GTA_The_Series

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 June 2017 - 07:52 PM

encoutered this drug dealer many times on pc but rarely on any platform, idk why. that drug dealer usually slanging his dope in East LS area.

It's more on the poor side of the streets. The black dealer spawns on the ghetto parts in the city. Mostly in gang territories.

Simply_Wasted
  • Simply_Wasted

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 June 2017 - 10:26 AM

So in a miracle i found my gta sa Ps2 copy. As soon as i loaded up my save file from long ago. Since i had done the territory glitch a while back i had vago and balla turf in SF. I actually spotted the biker dealer but i was hoping for the Hispanic dealer to spawn. No luck really :/ But the thing is i didn't check in LV. I didn't bother going back to LS either. Was too busy claming turf for Grove ST in china town :p. Gotta check LV. I know now the biker dealer spawns mostly in SF along with the other two but i need to check LV. It's worth a shot to spot this rare dealer.

GTA_The_Series
  • GTA_The_Series

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 June 2017 - 10:44 AM Edited by GTA_The_Series, 13 June 2017 - 10:53 AM.

So in a miracle i found my gta sa Ps2 copy. As soon as i loaded up my save file from long ago. Since i had done the territory glitch a while back i had vago and balla turf in SF. I actually spotted the biker dealer but i was hoping for the Hispanic dealer to spawn. No luck really :/ But the thing is i didn't check in LV. I didn't bother going back to LS either. Was too busy claming turf for Grove ST in china town :p. Gotta check LV. I know now the biker dealer spawns mostly in SF along with the other two but i need to check LV. It's worth a shot to spot this rare dealer.

The biker dealer is more common in SF when you have this glitch. I seen all four spawn in LV but not recently. This was the first time in years that i seen this rare dealer. What method do you use to trigger the gang territories? I know there's various ways to do this glitch but for my third save file on ps2 i did this by using the drive on water car cheat then drowning afterwards. I'm asking because i just wasted a half damn hour doing this sh*t on the 360 version. It doesn't work :bored: at least this method. Wasted half a damn hour, lol. I guess this only works for the ps2 cuz i did this exact same thing on the Ps2.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 June 2017 - 11:17 AM

The biker dealer is more common in SF when you have this glitch. I seen all four spawn in LV but not recently. This was the first time in years that i seen this rare dealer. What method do you use to trigger the gang territories? I know there's various ways to do this glitch but for my third save file on ps2 i did this by using the drive on water car cheat then drowning afterwards. I'm asking because i just wasted a half damn hour doing this sh*t on the 360 version. It doesn't work :bored: at least this method. Wasted half a damn hour, lol. I guess this only works for the ps2 cuz i did this exact same thing on the Ps2.

That flying to the edge of the map glitch only works for the PS2. The Xbox has another method to activate the territory glitch, you gotta start a gang war, leave a few enemies alive, make sure you attach satchel charges to them, go to the territory want to glitch and then set the bombs off - after that, the gang territory will be there. 

• GTA_The_Series likes this

Craig
  • Craig

‹bergrunde

• None
  • Best Writer 2011
    Time Traveller Of The Year 1984

Posted 13 June 2017 - 03:04 PM

I'm going to raise my hand to join the "never seen him" camp. To be honest, it was quite a while until I saw the dealer wearing the white hoodie. I only spotted him because he was standing differently. I was fairly late into the game (returning to Los Santos) so I'd gotten that far without seeing him. If I had, I didn't remember him.

Whilst I'm on the subject, I do remember once I was leaving an interior and for a few seconds one pedestrian assumed the classic "drug dealer" stance before walking away like nothing had happened. I chalked it up to the game having a bit of a brain fart and generating the wrong animation for that particular pedestrian.

GTA_The_Series
  • GTA_The_Series

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 June 2017 - 05:34 PM Edited by GTA_The_Series, 13 June 2017 - 07:37 PM.

That flying to the edge of the map glitch only works for the PS2. The Xbox has another method to activate the territory glitch, you gotta start a gang war, leave a few enemies alive, make sure you attach satchel charges to them, go to the territory want to glitch and then set the bombs off - after that, the gang territory will be there. 
Yeah i thought there was another method i just couldn't remember what were the others besides using aircraft and the vehicle cheat. Thanks OG :^:

Simply_Wasted
  • Simply_Wasted

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 June 2017 - 06:08 PM Edited by Simply_Wasted, 13 June 2017 - 06:11 PM.

The method i used is the old school way by flying out of the map for 30 minutes without stopping. Either do suicide or jump out and drown. This along with the flying car cheat i tried. But these methods only work the the Ps2 i believe. I haven't tried on these on my Xbox orignal but i think it's one of the few bugs R* fixed on these other releases. Like Official General metioned you can use the satchel charges and kill all gang enemies to crate territory. This is a new way to do it currently. About the drug dealers yeah it seems the biker dealers spawn in SF commonly with this glitch. Spotted him near wheels arch angles in that area.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Feroci
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 13 June 2017 - 06:39 PM Edited by OrionSR, 13 June 2017 - 07:13 PM.

The travel off the map trick only works well on PS2v1. The glitch is still active on PCv1 but works in a slightly different way. The corruption that can glitch about 170 extra turf on PS2v1 only glitches about 12 new turfs and introduces corruption to other parts of zone memory that can lead to the Taxi Glitch, where no passengers ever spawn, the Toreno Glitch, where the game can't recognize that CJ is in a Doherty zone as required by the Mike Toreno mission, as well as minor issues with zone name corruption. It's my understanding that Xbox v1 players have the same Taxi Glitch, so I assume their zone corruption is similar to PCv1.

There are legitimate strategies for adding gang turfs to other zones. On all systems except Xbox (I can't verify), these strategies involve changing which zone or gang will get the bonus from the end of a gang attack. The some of the common names for these tricks are, Satchel Trick, Hood Abuse, Mastermind Glitch and Pomor Maneuver,  All of these tricks involve exploiting the 3rd Kill mechanic that usually starts a gang war during different stages of gang attack.

I've read a number of reports that the 3rd Kill exploits don't work during Gang Attacks on Xbox, but Gang Wars offer a similar strategy. 

Added: Technical Reference on  zone settings I used to spawn Hispanic Dealers in the custom Chain Game saves. Gang density codes were not included.

Spoiler
  • HalfOfAKebab likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users