Prison Uniform?

5 replies to this topic
Ghost Pulaski
  • Ghost Pulaski

Pulaski's Ghost

• Members
  • Red-Cross

Posted 09 June 2017 - 09:59 PM

Recently I've started playing GTA III again and I'm now in Staunton Island and I would like to get the prison uniform, but no matter how hard I try, it doesn't work for me anymore... I know it should work, because I have done it on PC and Mobile before, but it doesn't work now...

If anyone knows how to do it, please let me know..

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

GTA Series Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted 09 June 2017 - 10:11 PM Edited by MorsPrincipiumEst, 09 June 2017 - 10:11 PM.

Don't you just fail Give Me Liberty to keep the Prison Uniform?  From what I am aware of, you can only keep it for the duration of Give Me Liberty.  Once you take 8 Ball to the Safehouse, it's gone for good but failing Give Me Liberty like that will add +1 to the Mission Attempts stat which isn't needed in the end all for a Prison Uniform to look at temporarily.

Or you can do something like this while keeping the Prison Uniform on and without failing Give Me Liberty:

Personally, I just pass Give Me Liberty and Luigi's Girls and assemble a Starter Save.  I don't like the Stats being tainted by unnecessary Failures...

Ghost Pulaski
  • Ghost Pulaski

Pulaski's Ghost

• Members
  • Red-Cross

Posted 10 June 2017 - 12:16 PM

I know that you can break out of the first mission and keep it forever, but that will lock the game.

I'm talking about the glitch where you load a save, start a new game and then load the save right after. That should give you the prison uniform, which I can confirm has worked for me a few years back. It doesn't work anymore, however..

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

GTA Series Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted 10 June 2017 - 12:27 PM

Lock the game?  You can go back to the Callahan Bridge and when you stand on a certain spot, you can trigger Give Me Liberty again.  I don't think you could ever keep it forever.  Like I said, you can complete 52% of the game (53% with Give Me Liberty and Luigi's Girls included) while wearing the Prison Uniform if you fail Give Me Liberty.  That's all I know.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Contribution Award [Chain Game]
    Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 10 June 2017 - 01:22 PM

I'm talking about the glitch where you load a save, start a new game and then load the save right after. That should give you the prison uniform, which I can confirm has worked for me a few years back. It doesn't work anymore, however..

I've heard about this glitch before as it has been mentioned here on the forums several times over the years but I have never personally got this to work for me so I'm not sure of the success rate. I haven't tried it many times though as I'm not personally interested in obtaining the Prison Uniform, I was just interested to see how this glitch worked as there have been several topics on it and people who can't do it either. The only advice I'd give you regarding that is to just keep trying and you may get lucky and it'll work. I don't think there's anything you can do to make it more successful, maybe there's a specific point you should load the old save? How did you do it on PC/Mobile?

You can break out of the first mission to roam around in the Prison Uniform but you cannot keep it forever. The game is not 'locked' as MorsPrinicipiumEst said and you can start the Give Me Liberty Mission in an invisible marker on the Callahan Bridge (which also triggers if you stand at the same point underneath the bridge) when you're ready to progress with the story however when you do the mission you will lose the Prison Uniform at the usual point, when Claude and 8-Ball get changed in the Portland Safehouse, so you can only keep it before you attempt the mission.

This is a rough idea of where that marker is, taken from a concluded Chain Game Round. It's essentially the same place you first gain control of Claude where the Kuruma is parked:

2ex7j9u.jpg

• MorsPrincipiumEst likes this

Ghost Pulaski
  • Ghost Pulaski

Pulaski's Ghost

• Members
  • Red-Cross

Posted 10 June 2017 - 09:17 PM

Well, I want to keep it forever, that's the oroblem.

What I did was load my save, start a new game and then load the save again, and I got the prison uniform. It worked every time when I tried it a few years back.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users