Photo

Has anyone here ever played "Oni"?

4 replies to this topic
The Mysterious One
  • The Mysterious One

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 09 June 2017 - 05:20 AM

I remember having bought the game many years ago at Gamestop and I remember only playing a little bit of it and returned it not long after. This was really long ago, like 2008. I have read that it is hard to play, or was it that it takes time to get used to the gameplay? I don't know, it was so long ago when I read user reviews. What are your thoughts on this game? I will say that I initially thought it was connected with "Onimusha," but then I took a closer look and saw that it had the Rockstar Games logo, not Capcom.

• BLOOD and Dream-_-Traveler like this

BLOOD
  • BLOOD

By: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None
  • Take-Two Analyst of the Year

Posted 09 June 2017 - 08:15 AM

Yeah Take-Two owns the IP. They owned a minority stake in Bungie back in the 90s before Microsoft bought the studio. In exchange for that tgey got all Bungie IPs excluding Halo. I have seen some gameplay looks okay [good].

toxluv
  • toxluv

男の子は泣かない

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Italy

Posted 15 June 2017 - 06:42 AM Edited by toxluv, 15 June 2017 - 06:44 AM.

Yep! Loved it! Such an underrated game. The combat was amazing! Controls were hard, but once you mastered them you could do badass things. Shooting was awful, tho.

However yes, the game was really hard.
  • Dream-_-Traveler likes this

The Mysterious One
  • The Mysterious One

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 25 June 2017 - 02:07 AM

Yep! Loved it! Such an underrated game. The combat was amazing! Controls were hard, but once you mastered them you could do badass things. Shooting was awful, tho.

However yes, the game was really hard.

Do you recommend it?

toxluv
  • toxluv

男の子は泣かない

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Italy

Posted 25 June 2017 - 10:55 AM Edited by toxluv, 25 June 2017 - 10:56 AM.

Yes, I would. Not a must-have game, but still amazing and unique in its own genre. The only game that shares some similarities to it is Dontnod's Remember Me, a game released a decade after Oni - it's even considered a spiritual sequel by Oni fans.
  • Dream-_-Traveler likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users