Quantcast

» «
Photo

Quick dumb question.

6 replies to this topic
Qaziush
  • Qaziush

Sticks & Stones break bones but the gat kill ya quicker.

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 07 June 2017 - 11:24 AM

I was reading something on how to position your subwoofer on 2.1 speaker and some guy said "Puting subwoofer on your table next to pc / Monitor can dmg it because subwoofers have big magnets" So i was wondering should i move mine since it's not that big and it's not that loud i mean ppl from street can hear when i blast it full bass/volume.Here is how i placed it.

Spoiler

I have been using regular speakers since 2007 like a peasant until i bought this last week.So if that it's true that it can dmg monitor / pc should it move and where keep in my mind that cables r rly short which is disappointment. 

K^2
  • K^2

Vidi Vici Veni

• United-States
  • Best Poster [Technology / Programming] 2016
    Best Poster [Programming] 2015
    Most Knowledgeable [Web Development/Programming] 2013
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2011
    Best Debater 2010

Posted 07 June 2017 - 12:18 PM

You're fine. This is not a particularly large sub, and it's a bit of a distance from the screen. Moreover, modern displays aren't as easy to damage with magnets as the old style CRTs were. I doubt any harm would come if you took a magnet from that subwoofer out and pushed it right against the screen. Not that I recommend trying it, just on the off chance, but your current arrangement is definitely fine.

Vibration from the subwoofer is another matter. But that all depends on how loud you run it. So long as you keep it to a reasonable volume, you shouldn't have any problems with that either.
  • Qaziush likes this

Qaziush
  • Qaziush

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 07 June 2017 - 12:38 PM

You're fine. This is not a particularly large sub, and it's a bit of a distance from the screen. Moreover, modern displays aren't as easy to damage with magnets as the old style CRTs were. I doubt any harm would come if you took a magnet from that subwoofer out and pushed it right against the screen. Not that I recommend trying it, just on the off chance, but your current arrangement is definitely fine.

Vibration from the subwoofer is another matter. But that all depends on how loud you run it. So long as you keep it to a reasonable volume, you shouldn't have any problems with that either.

Thanks. This mini subwoofer has opening on back not on bottom i tried putting it on ground and it doesn't make that much of difference in terms of sound,since woofer just emits bass frequencies i think.

HaRdSTyLe_83
  • HaRdSTyLe_83

☆★RIP Open IV★☆

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 07 June 2017 - 04:25 PM Edited by HaRdSTyLe_83, 07 June 2017 - 04:28 PM.

Thanks. This mini subwoofer has opening on back not on bottom i tried putting it on ground and it doesn't make that much of difference in terms of sound,since woofer just emits bass frequencies i think.

but dont you feel the beat stronger when its on the floor, under the table? enclosed spaces make the beat seem stronger then if an open area, at least to me with my  old 100watt rms it sounds like that

Qaziush
  • Qaziush

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 07 June 2017 - 07:16 PM Edited by Qaziush, 07 June 2017 - 07:17 PM.

but dont you feel the beat stronger when its on the floor, under the table? enclosed spaces make the beat seem stronger then if an open area, at least to me with my  old 100watt rms it sounds like that

Not rly.

• Total output power (W)12 W
  • RMS (W)Subwoofer: 6 W 
    Satellites: 3 W x 2
  • Driver unitSubwoofer: 3"; 6 Ω 
    Satellites: 3" x 2; 4Ω

ΣΓ
  • ΣΓ

Never Settle

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • European-Union

Posted 18 June 2017 - 04:40 PM

It's mostly a matter of how close you keep it to the wall. The closer it is the more bass gets reflected back. This can be a problem because too much bass drowns the other parts of the song.

Qaziush
  • Qaziush

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 4 weeks ago

I moved subwoofer on floor i am dunce. At first i didn't know i can just buy extension cable xD.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users