28 replies to this topic
ArthurLopes
  • ArthurLopes

Mod Machine Broke

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 06 June 2017 - 05:38 PM

uulWWPH.jpg

The French Riviera was a map mod from GTA IV made by the legend Nine30, It is a Big and Awesome Map. I'm trying to convert it completely to Grand Theft Auto V, I'm almost done with it but there are some parts of the terrain that are missing that i need to fix, here is a album from imgur that have some screenshots of the progress i already done http://imgur.com/a/tds5Z

• BBHD, Carrythxd, MrGTAmodsgerman and 3 others like this

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 June 2017 - 06:39 PM

Keep it up man! I look forward to your progress.
  • ArthurLopes likes this

ArthurLopes
  • ArthurLopes

Mod Machine Broke

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 06 June 2017 - 07:08 PM

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 June 2017 - 08:59 PM

One thing to point out though.

French Riviera is a much more detailed and a larger map than others released. Keep an eye on Los Santos. I have noticed that objects go missing the heavier the map mods are.

I am not sure if it is a limit on textures, or object placements. This is a different issue than the MP map one because:
-The SP map is affected too.
-It isn't random each time you visit the area. The objects missing are consistent.
-Making the ymaps toggable and disabling them when in use does not fix it.

I had this issue with the following map mods so far.
-North Yankton DLC
-Liberty City DLC
-San Fierro DLC

The issue could be a variety of factors.
-A ymap placement limit
-A texture limit
-A model limit
-Simply a bad ymap

I think it is a ymap limit. Here is why.
-Most of the ymap placements in the North Yankton DLC is a duplicate of the original North Yankton.
-I noticed the issue occurs with maps that have a lot of placements.

So if we wanna avoid this when we have tons of map mods installed, or large map mods installed, I believe that gameconfig.xml changes are required. I could have sworn that I saw a limit in there regarding placements.
  • ArthurLopes likes this

CalicoApricot
  • CalicoApricot

#SaveOpenIV

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 06 June 2017 - 09:10 PM

Oh nice to see this great map ported to GTA V. Waiting eagerly to see it in the newest engine. :)

I just would note that I noticed the meshes/objects appears brighter/orang-ish at night in your ported maps. Do you have any clues about the cause of this visual bug, and if it may be fixed?

ArthurLopes
  • ArthurLopes

Mod Machine Broke

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 06 June 2017 - 10:09 PM Edited by ArthurLopes, 06 June 2017 - 10:09 PM.

French Riviera is a much more detailed and a larger map than others released. Keep an eye on Los Santos. I have noticed that objects go missing the heavier the map mods are.

I am not sure if it is a limit on textures, or object placements. This is a different issue than the MP map one because:
-It isn't random each time you visit the area. The objects missing are consistent.

-North Yankton DLC
-Liberty City DLC
-San Fierro DLC

-A ymap placement limit
-A texture limit
-A model limit
-Simply a bad ymap

-Most of the ymap placements in the North Yankton DLC is a duplicate of the original North Yankton.

So if we wanna avoid this when we have tons of map mods installed, or large map mods installed, I believe that gameconfig.xml changes are required. I could have sworn that I saw a limit in there regarding placements.

Actually i see it better now, i forgot to take a screenshot of that part but whatever, the model (one part of the mountain in the front of the french airport) is in very deslocated from where it should be, it also happened to the ground of one of the cities, the rest is fine, i even ported the props from the streams.wpl and everything right, i'm trying to fix that the whole day, right now i'm trying to import the models into 3dsmax but via .ide (import .ide but with models) and then export them as models with gims evo, if that dont work, i dont know what to do, also i was having problem on the gta sa map, i moved the map locations by importing their .wpl into 3dsmax and moving them where i want, but after converting to .ymap and also converting their .ide to .ytyp the map didn't show up, just a part from a model called "cablecar" from the iv:sa mod, i'll try the san andreas map another time but now i'm going to fix french riviera, maybe someone can help me idk

Oh nice to see this great map ported to GTA V. Waiting eagerly to see it in the newest engine. :)

I just would note that I noticed the meshes/objects appears brighter/orang-ish at night in your ported maps. Do you have any clues about the cause of this visual bug, and if it may be fixed?

I don't know too its really anoying and i have no clue why it happens

-North Yankton DLC
-Liberty City DLC
-San Fierro DLC

-A ymap placement limit
-A texture limit
-A model limit
-Simply a bad ymap

maybe it happens on gta sa map because what you said about props limit but i dont know what i need to change in gameconfig.xml

ArthurLopes
  • ArthurLopes

Mod Machine Broke

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 06 June 2017 - 10:47 PM

Spoiler

here are some screenshots of what i was talking about http://imgur.com/a/gJU7m

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 June 2017 - 11:04 PM Edited by nkjellman, 06 June 2017 - 11:20 PM.

-North Yankton DLC
-Liberty City DLC
-San Fierro DLC

-A ymap placement limit
-A texture limit
-A model limit
-Simply a bad ymap

Yea man, it happens not only in the custom map, but also in the GTA V map. The LC map made the whole Eclipse Custom Penthouse disappear. A ton of models were missing around the map too. They were showing in lod form. It even hurt performance in the GTA V map. I also noticed some models that looked like they were slightly out of place.

Liberty City is pretty big. I bet the OpenIV team already has it addressed. It would not at all surprise me if we needed to modify the gameconfig. Rockstar hasn't touched the gameconfig in past updates regarding map placements. It is possible that when Gun Running comes out, the issue will worsen. In all honesty, I guarantee that it is a gameconfig issue due to some of the values I have found in there, as well as the fact that the fact that we haven't had to touch the gameconfig for map modding yet is odd.

Edit: Here are some things in the gameconfig that may fix it.

InstanceBuffer

InteriorInst

InteriorProxy

IplStore

MaxLoadedInfo

MaxLoadRequestedInfo

ActiveLoadedInfo

ActivePersistentLoadedInfo

Known Refs

LightEntity (This one may fix the disappearing lights in LS when Vice City is enabled)

MapDataLoadedNode

MapDataStore

MapTypesStore

Additionally, I have noticed a bad habit people are doing. They are making these values in the ymap take up a massive area, rather than narrowing it down to where their map actually is, like what Rockstar does.

streamingExtentsMin

streamingExtentsMax

entitiesExtentsMin

entitiesExtentsMax

I think that this will make the map not be visible from far away, but I believe that proper lod support should fix that.

• ArthurLopes likes this

ArthurLopes
  • ArthurLopes

Mod Machine Broke

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 07 June 2017 - 12:02 AM

-North Yankton DLC
-Liberty City DLC
-San Fierro DLC

-A ymap placement limit
-A texture limit
-A model limit
-Simply a bad ymap

Yea man, it happens not only in the custom map, but also in the GTA V map. The LC map made the whole Eclipse Custom Penthouse disappear. A ton of models were missing around the map too. They were showing in lod form. It even hurt performance in the GTA V map. I also noticed some models that looked like they were slightly out of place.

Liberty City is pretty big. I bet the OpenIV team already has it addressed. It would not at all surprise me if we needed to modify the gameconfig. Rockstar hasn't touched the gameconfig in past updates regarding map placements. It is possible that when Gun Running comes out, the issue will worsen. In all honesty, I guarantee that it is a gameconfig issue due to some of the values I have found in there, as well as the fact that the fact that we haven't had to touch the gameconfig for map modding yet is odd.

InstanceBuffer

InteriorInst

InteriorProxy

IplStore

MaxLoadedInfo

MaxLoadRequestedInfo

ActiveLoadedInfo

Known Refs

LightEntity (This one may fix the disappearing lights in LS when Vice City is enabled)

MapDataLoadedNode

MapDataStore

MapTypesStore

Additionally, I have noticed a bad habit people are doing. They are making these values in the ymap take up a massive area, rather than narrowing it down to where their map actually is, like what Rockstar does.

streamingExtentsMin

streamingExtentsMax

entitiesExtentsMin

entitiesExtentsMax

I think that this will make the map not be visible from far away, but I believe that proper lod support should fix that.

Man you actually made a new discovery here, i increased those values that you said on gameconfig.xml (i think i increased too much but nothing bad happened.) and now a lot of props and vegetation that where missing are showing now, maybe it was because that my gta san andreas map was not working, but the part that is missing/moved away still not fixed, but i'll try to fix that, but really thank you now i know why my gta sa wasn't working (but i deleted so i'll need to remake their .ymap but nothing i can't do) i'm even going to credit you on the mod because that is just mindblowing for me

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 June 2017 - 12:30 AM Edited by nkjellman, 07 June 2017 - 12:41 AM.

-North Yankton DLC
-Liberty City DLC
-San Fierro DLC
-A ymap placement limit
-A texture limit
-A model limit
-Simply a bad ymap

InstanceBuffer
InteriorInst
InteriorProxy
IplStore
MaxLoadedInfo
MaxLoadRequestedInfo
ActiveLoadedInfo
Known Refs
MapDataLoadedNode
MapDataStore
MapTypesStore

streamingExtentsMin
streamingExtentsMax
entitiesExtentsMin
entitiesExtentsMax

Man you actually made a new discovery here, i increased those values that you said on gameconfig.xml (i think i increased too much but nothing bad happened.) and now a lot of props and vegetation that where missing are showing now, maybe it was because that my gta san andreas map was not working, but the part that is missing/moved away still not fixed, but i'll try to fix that, but really thank you now i know why my gta sa wasn't working (but i deleted so i'll need to remake their .ymap but nothing i can't do) i'm even going to credit you on the mod because that is just mindblowing for me
Fantastic news. Did you try it with the Online map? Good to know that I will be able to put my maps back in. It sure is great that GTA V practically has a built in limit adjuster. Also thank you for the credit.

Also, it definitly should fix the issue with the San Fierro map and the LC map.

Also which of those values did you touch by the way? I would love to include a gameconfig.xml with my Toggable Maps upload.

Finally, are you still going to put this in x64a.rpf and modify images.meta? This is not a good way to do it as it causes the cloudhats to not work. When I download your maps, I convert them into a DLC pack, then the clouds work. I think the way your doing it is messing up the load order/hierarchy.
  • ArthurLopes likes this

ArthurLopes
  • ArthurLopes

Mod Machine Broke

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 07 June 2017 - 12:43 AM

-North Yankton DLC
-Liberty City DLC
-San Fierro DLC
-A ymap placement limit
-A texture limit
-A model limit
-Simply a bad ymap

InstanceBuffer
InteriorInst
InteriorProxy
IplStore
MaxLoadedInfo
MaxLoadRequestedInfo
ActiveLoadedInfo
Known Refs
MapDataLoadedNode
MapDataStore
MapTypesStore

streamingExtentsMin
streamingExtentsMax
entitiesExtentsMin
entitiesExtentsMax

Fantastic news. Did you try it with the Online map? Good to know that I will be able to put my maps back in. It sure is great that GTA V practically has a built in limit adjuster. Also thank you for the credit.

Also which of those values did you touch by the way? I would love to include a gameconfig.xml with my Toggable Maps upload.

Finally, are you still going to put this in x64a.rpf and modify images.meta? This is not a good way to do it as it causes the cloudhats to not work. When I download your maps, I convert them into a DLC pack, then the clouds work. I think the way your doing it is messing up the load order/hierarchy.
What i need to do to create a dlc pack? im not on the pc now but I'll send you my game config for you tomorrow

CalicoApricot
  • CalicoApricot

#SaveOpenIV

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 07 June 2017 - 01:06 AM

About the bright orang-ish night lighting issue occuring on the meshes as mentioned previously, I'm not completely sure —correct me if I'm wrong— but it may be a wrong prelighting applied by default (hence my previous statement, I may be wrong as I never worked with meshes on Rage engine-based games but I remember I knew that annoying problem with GTA San Andreas and unrelated Elder Scrolls III Morrowind).

• ArthurLopes likes this

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 June 2017 - 01:21 AM

-North Yankton DLC
-Liberty City DLC
-San Fierro DLC
-A ymap placement limit
-A texture limit
-A model limit
-Simply a bad ymap

InstanceBuffer
InteriorInst
InteriorProxy
IplStore
MaxLoadedInfo
MaxLoadRequestedInfo
ActiveLoadedInfo
Known Refs
MapDataLoadedNode
MapDataStore
MapTypesStore

streamingExtentsMin
streamingExtentsMax
entitiesExtentsMin
entitiesExtentsMax

What i need to do to create a dlc pack? im not on the pc now but I'll send you my game config for you tomorrow
When I get home, I will send you the info. It is pretty easy actually.

ArthurLopes
  • ArthurLopes

Mod Machine Broke

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 07 June 2017 - 10:57 AM

-North Yankton DLC
-Liberty City DLC
-San Fierro DLC
-A ymap placement limit
-A texture limit
-A model limit
-Simply a bad ymap

InstanceBuffer
InteriorInst
InteriorProxy
IplStore
MaxLoadedInfo
MaxLoadRequestedInfo
ActiveLoadedInfo
Known Refs
MapDataLoadedNode
MapDataStore
MapTypesStore

streamingExtentsMin
streamingExtentsMax
entitiesExtentsMin
entitiesExtentsMax

When I get home, I will send you the info. It is pretty easy actually.
Thanks 😁

MrGTAmodsgerman
  • MrGTAmodsgerman

Inventor

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 07 June 2017 - 10:48 PM

Thats because wrong vertex colors! If he badly converted the files with FiveM, than everything is messed up, just like this. Materials, normal map slots. Correct tileing and such.

He would need to reconvert the files if this was made by FiveM

• CalicoApricot likes this

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 June 2017 - 11:04 PM

Thats because wrong vertex colors! If he badly converted the files with FiveM, than everything is messed up, just like this. Materials, normal map slots. Correct tileing and such.

Interesting. Props already in the game do that. The Cunning Stunt props have the same orange glow. Visual V does make that glow a little worse than the vanilla graphics do.

ArthurLopes
  • ArthurLopes

Mod Machine Broke

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 08 June 2017 - 11:33 AM

I already tried with GIMS Evo, it has the same effect...

And for some models, i use the multifive converter that is way better than fivereborn one, it also convert normal maps and etc.

_CP_
  • _CP_

Boss

• Feroci
  • Poland
  • Most Helpful Modding 2016 [Runner-up]
    Best Vehicle 2016 [IVPack]
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 08 June 2017 - 12:30 PM

Orangish tint is just a artifical night lighting, utilized by one of vertex color channels.

• CalicoApricot and ArthurLopes like this

ArthurLopes
  • ArthurLopes

Mod Machine Broke

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 08 June 2017 - 02:04 PM

Orangish tint is just a artifical night lighting, utilized by one of vertex color channels.

How i fix it?

deltaCJ
  • deltaCJ

BUSTED!

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 June 2017 - 11:05 PM

1. Please stop quoting long posts lol

2. please make 1 topic for a whole collection of maps, I really like seeing these V maps and they're amazing, but i hate seeing a bunch of topics from you every week lol

• ArthurLopes likes this

ArthurLopes
  • ArthurLopes

Mod Machine Broke

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 08 June 2017 - 11:37 PM

2. please make 1 topic for a whole collection of maps, I really like seeing these V maps and they're amazing, but i hate seeing a bunch of topics from you every week lol

I only post something when its fininshed/or its something really cool and i want to show to others :)

deltaCJ
  • deltaCJ

BUSTED!

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 June 2017 - 12:39 AM

I only post something when its fininshed/or its something really cool and i want to show to others :)

Make a workshop then :p

• ArthurLopes likes this

MrGTAmodsgerman
  • MrGTAmodsgerman

Inventor

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 09 June 2017 - 05:18 PM

Multifive converter? Dude, its pretty the same tool, Multifive is a modded version of the old FiveM project. All of it its a little bit improved, but the materials get the same way messed up. I will show you the difference soon, how much the difference is if you only reexport the FiveM converted model with GimsEvo, its a huge change!
  • ArthurLopes likes this

ArthurLopes
  • ArthurLopes

Mod Machine Broke

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 11 June 2017 - 11:49 AM

Well i'll not use multifive anymore to make models because it was why this that the san andreas map that me and mrvicho13 are making wasn't working until now that i exported everything with gims evo (take a lot of a time but i guess it worth it)
  • MrGTAmodsgerman likes this

MrGTAmodsgerman
  • MrGTAmodsgerman

Inventor

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 11 June 2017 - 03:42 PM

Nice, export the Riviera models from the original GTA IV itself, cuz the materials will better converted and much more. Also the glowing effect in the night depends also on you shaders.

And GIMS EVO support multiobject export. So import the whole map and export it.

and btw, the grass texture flickers on your pics. Turn the MipMaps down.
  • ArthurLopes likes this

ArthurLopes
  • ArthurLopes

Mod Machine Broke

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 11 June 2017 - 04:05 PM

I always import from GTA IV :p
Also i don't know why the Textures look like that from far away, maybe its because my max resolution is 1600x900 or because mip maps, i use the exact same one from the gta iv mod, but French Riviera need to wait i little, because me and mrvicho need to fininsh the GTA SA Map.
  • MrGTAmodsgerman likes this

MrGTAmodsgerman
  • MrGTAmodsgerman

Inventor

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 12 June 2017 - 12:45 AM

Don't start multi projects, its hella work, and that much more if you are alone. For the textures, its not too big but the size of it, should be the same on both sides, just like 2048x2048
  • ArthurLopes likes this

_CP_
  • _CP_

Boss

• Feroci
  • Poland
  • Most Helpful Modding 2016 [Runner-up]
    Best Vehicle 2016 [IVPack]
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 12 June 2017 - 10:58 AM

How i fix it?

Green channel in Vertex Colors.
  • nkjellman, MrGTAmodsgerman and ArthurLopes like this

MrGTAmodsgerman
  • MrGTAmodsgerman

Inventor

• Members
  • Germany

Posted A week ago

Any news? I am so hyped at this! Btw, Codewalker is such a amazing tool. It can fix everything of the missing stuff. I was able to making parked cars where i want and what model.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users