Quantcast

» «
Photo

Have You Ever Used A Weaker Gun Over A Better Gun?

15 replies to this topic
Wiseguy94
  • Wiseguy94

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 June 2017 - 12:27 AM

Simple question here: Have you ever used one of the low-tier guns when you have access to better guns? I like to use them all and sometimes I use the Assault Rifle just for the sake of using the AK. I'm curious if anyone else does the same. 

• DimitriFaustin likes this

confederatestatesgta
  • confederatestatesgta

rip andrea. a great twd character.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 June 2017 - 03:08 AM

yes especially when I go do my routine gang fights. when I go around and attack every gang in the game. I use weaker lower class guns. like the ak or the micro uzi. for pistols I use sns or regular pistol. and my shotgun is the regular pump action.

Yinepi
  • Yinepi

Wepwawet Wannabe

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 06 June 2017 - 05:34 PM Edited by Yinepi, 06 June 2017 - 05:35 PM.

Yes. I have fondness for Desert Eagle .44 in reality, so the Pistol .50 gets used a lot by me, even though the AP Pistol is superior most every way.

• DimitriFaustin likes this

ACM-Jan
  • ACM-Jan

Usually helpful, BUT very defensive upon disrespect

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 06 June 2017 - 09:12 PM

i too like to use pistol.50 in grove street shootouts for fun, they die always with one shot no matter where you hit them! 

Awesom-0
  • Awesom-0

Happy 1st anniversary without heists!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 June 2017 - 09:33 PM

Sure. Sometimes i prefer not using OP guns during police shoot outs, gang wars, or rampages. It makes it more challenging, especially when you're not using the special abilities, while hanging out with the other characters.

It's really fun doing 5 star rampages with weak weapons!  :devil: 

• temi4328 likes this

TakeshiSantos
  • TakeshiSantos

O Partner, Where Art Thou?

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 06 June 2017 - 10:07 PM

The Glock from GTA IV and the Automatic Pistol from TLaD. Even if the Desert Eagle is very good, those handguns are effective for everything!

Payne Killer
  • Payne Killer

Time moves forward, nothing changes.

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 06 June 2017 - 10:12 PM

With V the more "expensive" weapons felt the same to me, and as someone who only played as Trevor I preferred using poor weapons like the Pump Action shotgun and the pistol, some Molotovs and a Jerry can rather than hand grenades and sticky bombs. Everything else looks weird in his hands.

DimitriFaustin
  • DimitriFaustin

Anywhere City Survivor

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 June 2017 - 10:31 PM

Pretty much in every GTA game that has the AK47, I almost always use the AK. That and the rocket launcher (even though the Homing Launcher is far superior).

I never use sticky bombs nor MGs because I don't wanna spend the money at Ammu-Nation.

temi4328
  • temi4328

"The crow no longer sings to me"

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 07 June 2017 - 11:14 AM

Yea always. Why would I let Franklin use a mini gun when I'm raiding grove street? I'm realistic and use an SMG or AK47

P2FX
  • P2FX

I ain't no hipster.

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 June 2017 - 05:12 PM Edited by P2FX, 08 June 2017 - 05:13 PM.

Real OG use the Musket.

• Cutter De Blanc likes this

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 June 2017 - 06:22 PM Edited by Official General, 08 June 2017 - 06:23 PM.

Yep. In GTA I generally just tend to mostly use pistols anyway, unless it's a very hard mission where I'm dealing with lots of enemies at once. The most powerful gun you will find me using other than a pistol is a Micro SMG (Uzi), and maybe be a small shotgun, I tend to leave assault rifles, big machine guns and rocket/grenade launchers alone. I try to keep guns and their usage as realistic as possible. 

In V, I use the standard pistol (which I've modded to a Glock 19), the Combat pistol, and the Micro SMG (which I've modded to a Mac-10) the most. 

Ottomatic46
  • Ottomatic46

Rat

• Members

Posted 16 June 2017 - 02:19 PM

AK all day. 

Jammsbro
  • Jammsbro

Pogo 4 life

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 3 weeks ago

Yes. I reduce my firepower to increase my skills. Do the same online.

When I first finished SP I was all about the best weapons. Now I try and finish the game on the worst. I pistol the hell out of it unless I am getting trashed.

Bottom line, lower your firepower, increase your skill base.
  • Official General likes this

Gettin up
  • Gettin up

Thug

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 2 weeks ago

I usually use the gun they have in their hand when I switch character.

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 2 weeks ago

I prefer the regular MG over the Combat MG. I like the wider spread and the way it sounds and feels. The Combat MG just handles like another Assault Rifle.

• Wiseguy94 likes this

Wiseguy94
  • Wiseguy94

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

I prefer the regular MG over the Combat MG. I like the wider spread and the way it sounds and feels. The Combat MG just handles like another Assault Rifle.

The Combat MG reminds me too much of the Special Carbine in performance. Besides, the MG is more exotic to me because it's based on a Russian design. I like the exoticness of "What's this doing in America?" I also feel like I get better results with the standard MG. Which might be why it unlocks later. 

• Cutter De Blanc likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users